Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  98 99 [100] 101 102   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 10:21:47 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I came to talk about football. You came to talk about yourself.

Actually, I came in to see the discussion on the Vikings. What transpired was a discussion about me.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 10/3/2024 10:23:23 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 2476
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 10:24:13 AM   
Lars

I go back to the old Strib board days. I have always come on here for the content and differing views.

I have engaged in lame personal stuff on here in the past and taken the bait when antagonized, but have moved on from that crap a long time ago.

I like the people on here and the info and perspectives on Vikes football and the sport in general. I'd like to stay talking about that. Debate is good! But I'd prefer if people took their personal whines and bitches to PMs.

I did come here to talk football and not about any posters.

**** Rodgers and **** the Jets!

LFG!!!

<this space for rent>
Post #: 2477
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 11:19:27 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: IndVike

If ya'all are serious about wanting more people "back" and posting, you need to be serious about not being a jerk to someone who (heaven forbid) has a different opinion than yours.

I could quote a famous poster here..."I come in to talk about football, and you come in to talk about me..."

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

Brad's timing for showing up to post is the problem. Not the content.

Imagine that? I come into the forums this morning and people are talking about me. What a surprise. It makes my statement from way back when, more relevant.
100% to IndVike for pointing that out.

The irony.

The irony is you creating a fake new poster who quotes yourself so you can come in and act surprised.

Because it surprises nobody else.

Nope. Never created a fake poster. No need for it. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it.

Just because guys like yourself have nothing to do all day, doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I don't care enough to go out and create a fake account. I put my name on things and own it.

I am nothing more than a casual observer at this point. I periodically come around to hear the latest chatter.

Right. Now I'm really convinced!

Same focus, same tactics. Only you would spend time dreaming up first time posters to come in and quote you.

As far as having nothing to do all day ...

I sure don't have time or interest in going around and needling the fanbases of a teams I care little about.

Much less to double-down as different posters!
Post #: 2478
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 11:23:40 AM   
ebergste

So about the Jets. What is the concern level after last week on our defense? I can't decide if that was "we're up by 28 so foot off the pedal, play some bend not break", which then got out of hand. Or was that a solid QB figuring out some weaknesses in our scheme and exposing them? I keep going back and forth. I still don't think our DB's are that amazing and can be exposed. ARoge for all his flaws is a pretty bright fellow in terms of QB ing. So if its scheme weakness can he exploit it? I do like that fact that he is now a statue. Should be able to get some pressure but we really didn't last week. Seems like we had lots of "pressures' but often Love was standing back there for a long time with nobody around him.
Post #: 2479
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 11:30:28 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ebergste

So about the Jets. What is the concern level after last week on our defense? I can't decide if that was "we're up by 28 so foot off the pedal, play some bend not break", which then got out of hand. Or was that a solid QB figuring out some weaknesses in our scheme and exposing them? I keep going back and forth. I still don't think our DB's are that amazing and can be exposed. ARoge for all his flaws is a pretty bright fellow in terms of QB ing. So if its scheme weakness can he exploit it? I do like that fact that he is now a statue. Should be able to get some pressure but we really didn't last week. Seems like we had lots of "pressures' but often Love was standing back there for a long time with nobody around him.

Early in the game last week we were coming after Love and getting to him. We didn't get but 1 sack but we did pressure him often especially early. Later in the game I will say that they weren't Biitzing as much and getting in his grill. Just trying (and in many cases failing) to keep things in front of them. So we weren't tying to apply as much pressure. Packers played well and took advantage there.

Jets have Rodgers. and no matter how much pressure you throw at him, he'll probably have a plan to beat it. But he is less mobile now and actually that was one of his strengths in the before time. He could step out of the pocket and keep a play alive long enough for one of his receives to get open. Zimmer's plan to beat him was more just keep in in the pocket and he'll make mistake....worked earlier on too.

If a cow doesn't provide milk, is that a milk dud or and udder failure?
Post #: 2480
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 11:46:35 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ebergste

Early in the game last week we were coming after Love and getting to him. We didn't get but 1 sack but we did pressure him often especially early. Later in the game I will say that they weren't Biitzing as much and getting in his grill. Just trying (and in many cases failing) to keep things in front of them. So we weren't tying to apply as much pressure. Packers played well and took advantage there.

Jets have Rodgers. and no matter how much pressure you throw at him, he'll probably have a plan to beat it. But he is less mobile now and actually that was one of his strengths in the before time. He could step out of the pocket and keep a play alive long enough for one of his receives to get open. Zimmer's plan to beat him was more just keep in in the pocket and he'll make mistake....worked earlier on too.

Depends on how fast our pressure starts to wear the old man down.

If Rogers is wiley enough to offset some of the pressure, it may be a good test of our secondary. The Jets have much better WRs than the Packers.

EDIT: But, even as a wily veteran, its only a matter of time before he starts sensing the pocket collapse with his swollen knee.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 10/3/2024 11:58:22 AM >
Post #: 2481
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 11:46:58 AM   
David F.

From CBS Sports: Rodgers has completed 23 of his 38 attempts against the blitz (60.5%, 20th in NFL) for 207 yards and two touchdowns for a 92.8 passer rating (17th in the NFL) this season. Rodgers has averaged 5.4 yards per pass attempt when blitzed, the eight-fewest in the NFL.

He's gotten older and the defenses have stayed the same age. That's s quasi-reference to Wooderson from Dazed and Confused. You all probably knew that.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2482
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 11:55:33 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I wouldn’t rush Hock back.

But..if he’s good to go let’s go…

Yeah he does seem like the meathead kind of guy though that will jump in regardless of how prudent or safe it is for his physical well-being.

Maybe allow the trainers to use a lie detector test when they're trying to gauge his readiness.
Post #: 2483
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 12:01:33 PM   
Bill Johanesen

This is the game where so much pressure and so many sacks relegate him to being an old man who should have retired. Dial it up to the extreme the first time they get the ball. Yeah, that's mostly an emotionally driven gameplan but after being battered in the 1st quarter he needs to think he should have hung 'em up a while ago. Then we get the flat, going-through-the-motions Rodgers and it's game over.

We should get Barr on the roster and lined up on the edge for the opening play, just for old times sake.
Post #: 2484
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 12:10:43 PM   
Tom Sykes

Sheil Kapadia@SheilKapadia
2h

Vikings defense 1st in defensive DVOA, and it's not close. Difference between them and No. 2 is roughly the same as the difference between No. 2 and No. 16.

I mean, I don't know who Kapadia is ...

DVOA uses a lot of values but it still just a metric and metrics are never comprehensive or all-encompassing ...

but thats pretty dramatic.

How much is BFlo's scheme / def play calling and how much is player talent / playmaking?

I mean, yes its absolutely a combination of the two.

It sure seems like the mental / anticipatory part of it is causing a lot of the havoc.

which worries me if we have a new DC next year.

I know, its incredibly premature to worry about that now.
Post #: 2485
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 12:11:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

From CBS Sports: Rodgers has completed 23 of his 38 attempts against the blitz (60.5%, 20th in NFL) for 207 yards and two touchdowns for a 92.8 passer rating (17th in the NFL) this season. Rodgers has averaged 5.4 yards per pass attempt when blitzed, the eight-fewest in the NFL.

He's gotten older and the defenses have stayed the same age. That's s quasi-reference to Wooderson from Dazed and Confused. You all probably knew that.

Would love to see Dallas Turner get three sacks, as if to rub in there is a difference in age of about a generation... time to move on pops.
Post #: 2486
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 12:18:16 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

This is the game where so much pressure and so many sacks relegate him to being an old man who should have retired. Dial it up to the extreme the first time they get the ball. Yeah, that's mostly an emotionally driven gameplan but after being battered in the 1st quarter he needs to think he should have hung 'em up a while ago. Then we get the flat, going-through-the-motions Rodgers and it's game over.

We should get Barr on the roster and lined up on the edge for the opening play, just for old times sake.

LOL.

It may be emotionally driven but certainly, yeah this guy's resilience and bounce-back are going to be short-lived. Go in hot.

Its one thing to get sacked, another to not ever be able to swing a golf club again.
Post #: 2487
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 12:18:30 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Sheil Kapadia@SheilKapadia
2h

Vikings defense 1st in defensive DVOA, and it's not close. Difference between them and No. 2 is roughly the same as the difference between No. 2 and No. 16.

I mean, I don't know who Kapadia is ...

DVOA uses a lot of values but it still just a metric and metrics are never comprehensive or all-encompassing ...

but thats pretty dramatic.

How much is BFlo's scheme / def play calling and how much is player talent / playmaking?

I mean, yes its absolutely a combination of the two.

It sure seems like the mental / anticipatory part of it is causing a lot of the havoc.

which worries me if we have a new DC next year.

I know, its incredibly premature to worry about that now.

Don't know much about DVOA besides the basics, but that spread is crazy. Large enough for it to be significant. Especially considering SF was one of our opponents and Purdy is leading the league in ypa with a crazy 9.3 ypa (Darnold second at 8.8).
Post #: 2488
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 12:20:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

LOL.

It may be emotionally driven but certainly, yeah this guy's resilience and bounce-back are going to be short-lived. Go in hot.

Its one thing to get sacked, another to not ever be able to swing a golf club again.

Brady might be the only QB that stayed around what was thought to be too long and went out on a high note.
Post #: 2489
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 6:11:06 PM   
Todd M

I want our win against the Jets to be with a heavy dose of rushing.
Post #: 2490
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 9:41:21 PM   
marty

Sometimes a trend gets too strong, and then you have a game that goes the other way.

The Vikings have been starting out very well, I don't think they have had a slow start yet.

This could be the week the Vikings start out slow, and with the Jets having a tough defense, the Jets carry a 14-0 halftime lead. The Vikings could be in trouble, we might be looking at zero sacks.

But I think the Vikings will come back, and Darnold gets his 1st come from behind victory.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2491
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 10:14:25 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Cousins throws a pick with 1:52 in the fourth quarter on 4-15..down 27-30 .

They are gonna get the ball back with 1:21 after a punt with no time outs..from the 20..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 10/3/2024 10:18:17 PM >
Post #: 2492
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 10:23:00 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

12 secs left.. no to..
Post #: 2493
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 10:23:38 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Last second figgy to tie.
Post #: 2494
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 10:25:14 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Delay of game.. Atlanta..

Now 52 yards to tie.
Post #: 2495
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 10:26:07 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Going to ot…
Post #: 2496
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/3/2024 10:40:19 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Kirk o pulls one out..
Post #: 2497
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 7:52:12 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Sometimes a trend gets too strong, and then you have a game that goes the other way.

The Vikings have been starting out very well, I don't think they have had a slow start yet.

This could be the week the Vikings start out slow, and with the Jets having a tough defense, the Jets carry a 14-0 halftime lead. The Vikings could be in trouble, we might be looking at zero sacks.

But I think the Vikings will come back, and Darnold gets his 1st come from behind victory.

Marty. Aaron Rodgers is essentially a statue right now. To say we wont get any sacks....please.

If a cow doesn't provide milk, is that a milk dud or and udder failure?
Post #: 2498
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 8:16:49 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If ya'all are serious about wanting more people "back" and posting, you need to be serious about not being a jerk to someone who (heaven forbid) has a different opinion than yours.

I could quote a famous poster here..."I come in to talk about football, and you come in to talk about me..."

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

Imagine that? I come into the forums this morning and people are talking about me. What a surprise. It makes my statement from way back when, more relevant.

The irony.

The irony is you creating a fake new poster who quotes yourself so you can come in and act surprised.

Nope. Never created a fake poster. No need for it. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it.

Just because guys like yourself have nothing to do all day, doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I don't care enough to go out and create a fake account. I put my name on things and own it.

I am nothing more than a casual observer at this point. I periodically come around to hear the latest chatter.

Same focus, same tactics. Only you would spend time dreaming up first time posters to come in and quote you.

I sure don't have time or interest in going around and needling the fanbases of a teams I care little about.

First off, I could really care less what you think. If you want me to take credit for a new account, I will. It isn't me, but if it makes you feel better so be it.

As Lars said, I'd prefer to keep the forum about the Vikings.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 2499
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/4/2024 8:31:13 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sincerely,

A long time lurker

The irony.

First off, I could really care less what you think. If you want me to take credit for a new account, I will. It isn't me, but if it makes you feel better so be it.

As Lars said, I'd prefer to keep the forum about the Vikings.

How did your Bucs do last night against the Falcons?

You actually haven't posted anything about the Vikes....what are your thoughts?

Prove it time Brad....post something about the Vikes.....otherwise it makes you look like exactly what you say you aren't.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2500
Page:   <<   < prev  98 99 [100] 101 102   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  98 99 [100] 101 102   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode