Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/17/2024 4:46:57 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Mike Florio (PFT) is really getting annoying. Demanding that we pay JJ what he wants or trade him to someone who will.

About a week ago, he was complaining about all the backloaded WR contracts. Duh. Where has he been? Almost all huge contracts are backloaded to make them look better than they are.

I think he is feeling guilty about the Arrestometer(Days without a player arrest) he used to have on his site.

He is sucking up to the players constantly.

in my opinion, the stalled contract talks are all about the 'no trade clause' that Jefferson wants, not about money....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/17/2024 4:53:04 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

Mike Florio (PFT) is really getting annoying. Demanding that we pay JJ what he wants or trade him to someone who will.

About a week ago, he was complaining about all the backloaded WR contracts. Duh. Where has he been? Almost all huge contracts are backloaded to make them look better than they are.

I think he is feeling guilty about the Arrestometer(Days without a player arrest) he used to have on his site.

in my opinion, the stalled contract talks are all about the 'no trade clause' that Jefferson wants, not about money....

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the Vikings more than JJ.....they have to figure what money they want on the 2024 books after the draft and whatever FA plans they have.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/18/2024 11:29:39 AM   
Bill Johanesen

There are so many opinions, so many different things towards who should be the highest paid non-quarterback. JJ is in a different situation. He's done something that no one has ever done in the history of the game. So, his situation is a little bit different than everybody else's.

There's so many different parts that are going towards the contract.

He wants to break the bank, and he wants to be a part of an organization that wants him and to really give him what he deserves.
Post #: 453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/18/2024 11:34:35 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

JJ is presented a menu of every player-friendly term in a contract. When he asks what he wants, he just says all of them and yells the menu needs to include 'Break the Bank'.
Post #: 454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/19/2024 11:03:19 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I wouldn’t give a fully guaranteed or no trade clause contract to any player… ever..

Trade him..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/19/2024 11:52:40 AM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

There are so many opinions, so many different things towards who should be the highest paid non-quarterback. JJ is in a different situation. He's done something that no one has ever done in the history of the game. So, his situation is a little bit different than everybody else's.

He wants to break the bank, and he wants to be a part of an organization that wants him and to really give him what he deserves.

BTW, those are all recent statements Jefferson has made, transcribed to the 3rd person.
Post #: 456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/19/2024 3:26:27 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

BTW, those are all recent statements Jefferson has made, transcribed to the 3rd person.

He's making it harder as we go along to stay in his corner.

I'm already at the point of not really caring whether we trade him or keep him.

I see his great football value but the self-entitlement is as big league as his skill set.

(meanwhile, coaches and scouts are banging the table right now for prospects that 'just play for the love of the game')
Post #: 457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/20/2024 5:07:01 AM   
Tom Sykes

I guess I shouldn’t question JJs dedication. He’s pushed himself to the top of what he does.

They are not the only ones but freakin’ WRs just seem to amplify entitled behavior the most.
Post #: 458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/20/2024 10:26:34 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

I guess I shouldn’t question JJs dedication. He’s pushed himself to the top of what he does.

They are not the only ones but freakin’ WRs just seem to amplify entitled behavior the most.

You're not wrong.

Wonder what Antonio Brown's up to now days?
Post #: 459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/20/2024 11:51:41 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

You're not wrong.

He's either fending off legal issues or serving them up.
Post #: 460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/20/2024 12:09:10 PM   
Chris Olson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

You're not wrong.

lol...friggin nutcase

bought into ownership of the Albany arena team, said he was going to play for them and then stopped paying dues to league and got the team expelled from the league altogether

JJ isn't there but he is certainly showing the elite diva mentality we all depise
Post #: 461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/20/2024 12:13:54 PM   
Chris Olson

i saw a trade scenario of JJ+#23 for pick 3...thought that was steep

it allows us to keep #11, get QB at #3

but for a proven top of the league WR, i would think he should get us #3 without giving up 23, maybe add a 4th or 5th or a pick swap or two, but not JJ and a 1st
Post #: 462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/20/2024 12:46:51 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

but for a proven top of the league WR, i would think he should get us #3 without giving up 23, maybe add a 4th or 5th or a pick swap or two, but not JJ and a 1st

Saw that and totally agree. It looks like getting taken.

I don’t like JJ for 3 all that much but I could live with it. Pick 3, 11, 23. Land a franchise QB on a rookie salary. Spend spend spend next year while still having a 1st. WAY more value there than breaking the bank for JJ and exhausting draft stock for a QB.
Post #: 463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/20/2024 1:34:27 PM   
Chris Olson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

Saw that and totally agree. It looks like getting taken.

I don’t like JJ for 3 all that much but I could live with it. Pick 3, 11, 23. Land a franchise QB on a rookie salary. Spend spend spend next year while still having a 1st. WAY more value there than breaking the bank for JJ and exhausting draft stock for a QB.

Right?

avoid the diva headaches, etc...add two primo defenders?

or top corner or Murphy at 11 and another magic hit on WR at 23?

or trade down from 11 and get a 2nd rounder...fills holes in a super economical way !
Post #: 464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/20/2024 4:16:03 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Sold! Draft what is supposed to be a top QB, draft JJs replacement at #11, plow the $150 million into needs elsewhere, and wait for Let's Get Paid to pipe up.
Agree though, try to preserve #23 or get some return.
Post #: 465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/20/2024 4:25:55 PM   
Bill Johanesen

JJ at the Wolves game... he has so much bling on it's difficult to really say there is a person under it all.

Move his Break the Bank 47 yards/0 TD playoff ass out.
Post #: 466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/20/2024 6:21:03 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I wouldn’t give a fully guaranteed or no trade clause contract to any player… ever..

Trade him..

Bumpity.. bump bump bump..

Ship him out..

WR talent alone has never won a championship or Lombardi..

I’d take any first above 6 for him and consider giving back 23 or a couple lower picks..

If you could get three.. I’d take that as long as there’s not a lot of baggage attached to giving up Jefferson..

Bill’s point about his disappearance in critical games is valid..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/23/2024 4:14:31 AM   
Todd M

Mfrs are sitting on things.

JJ deal likely done.

Trade parameters set.
Post #: 468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/23/2024 4:18:50 PM   
fmaltes

I hope we draft a QB where there is complete alignment between the Coach and GM. They need to be on the same page on this decision. Historically, the Vikings have made some major moves that have backfired partially because of a misalignment between what the coaching staff wanted and the GM. For example, the Hershel Walker trade. Walker was not the type of running back that fit the Vikings offense and was not something enthusiastically. sought be Jerry Burns. Getting Kirk Cousins. Spielman wanted Cousins, Zimmer less so. No matter who they pick, I just want KOC and Kwesi to pick the guy that they both are sold on.

I also am worried that it will be a lot easier for the Giants to move to number 5 that the Vikings. The Chargers could get additional draft capital from the Giants and still get a stud Offensive Lineman or Wide Receiver at six. That is an easy trade for the Chargers. I see the Vikings best trade up being with the Cardinals or the Patriots but it will cost three first round picks. Even that haul may not be enough.
Post #: 469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/23/2024 8:49:59 PM   
bstinger

Winning meaningless games in a bad year becomes expensive at this time of year.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/24/2024 8:34:08 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Winning meaningless games in a bad year becomes expensive at this time of year.

Like that 3-0 trouncing of the Raiders? Without that victory, which we celebrate daily, we would have been picking 6th.
Post #: 471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/24/2024 11:24:44 AM   
David F.

What if vikes stay at 11 and 23, take the best players available, maybe a DE and OL, start darnold all year and have a shit record, and then pick qb in the top 3 next year? Is that a Super Bowl strategy?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/24/2024 11:56:27 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

What if vikes stay at 11 and 23, take the best players available, maybe a DE and OL, start darnold all year and have a shit record, and then pick qb in the top 3 next year? Is that a Super Bowl strategy?

What if we trade one of our first round picks for a first rounder next year and a second rounder this year? That way we have some ammunition next year.

Post #: 473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/24/2024 12:00:16 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Baby, make a deal with the Giants for their second rounder this year and first rounder next year, that way they’ll have free rein for the fourth quarterback, and they might be able to get it cheaper.

Post #: 474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/24/2024 12:02:21 PM   
marty

That sounds like a good idea Ratoppenheimer, it would also give you the possibility of moving up next year, and if you trade with a team that sucks, you could end up with the first pick in the draft next year.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode