Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: marty
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  70 71 [72] 73 74   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 2:46:29 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

The Giants might be tailored made to upset the Vikings in game 1, should the Giants get ahead early, they will bring lots of heat.

Daboll out coached KOC in the playoff game, it could happen again.

This time, instead of Kirk Cousins bringing the Vikings back, it will be the Jittery Sam Darnold, in his first Vikings game, with no chemistry with the WRs, missing Hock, and this time the game is in NY.

The only positive difference is Flores, though his unit will have a lot of inexperience, his defense isn't like the horrible sieve that was Donatell.

The team that was 29th in sacks last year? That team?

The only way they could bring "lots of heat" is due to Darnold not having chemistry with the receivers and the wreck that is the IOL. IOW, the Vikings have as much to do with that outcome as anyone.
Post #: 1776
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 2:52:18 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Jones has his eyes on being the best RB in the league…

Top 5 and we’re going to roll.

He is a talented runner, that's true. But, it may be the most physically demanding position in football as they take a beating during the course of the season. Every team needs at least two viable running backs...not necessarily equal, but a decent backup who can fill in for the starter. Is Chandler that player? I've liked some of what I've seen, but last year when he was given the opportunity he didn't exactly shine.

I doubt that they will only have Jones, Chandler and Ham as backs to start the season. The risk of injury is to high at that position to take such a risk.
Post #: 1777
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 2:55:20 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

isn't it interesting that eric kendricks, who made the 'culture of fear' comment about mike zimmer and the 2021 vikings, is now playing for that same man of which he spoke....

dalvin cook is also now a Dallas cowboy....

Probably makes a big difference when it isn't Zim's locker room.

i've always liked kendricks and don't blame him - it's a job, and i'm happy for him...also, jayron kearse, who was in zim's doghouse his final season with us, was not picked up for a 4th year....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1778
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 2:59:29 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Meanwhile, the NYG were last in sacks allowed last year with a whopping 85! For perspective Carolina was next with 65.

So maybe Flores will bring the heat!
Post #: 1779
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 3:00:34 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark C. Johnson

quote:

He is a talented runner, that's true. But, it may be the most physically demanding position in football as they take a beating during the course of the season. Every team needs at least two viable running backs...not necessarily equal, but a decent backup who can fill in for the starter. Is Chandler that player? I've liked some of what I've seen, but last year when he was given the opportunity he didn't exactly shine.

I doubt that they will only have Jones, Chandler and Ham as backs to start the season. The risk of injury is to high at that position to take such a risk.

someone was talking about the vikes being able to pull gaskin or mcbride off of the practice squad every week and several times this season...possibly another creative way to use the practice squad...it seems like we've been doing that every week for a couple of years at some level during the regular season....

Post #: 1780
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 3:05:30 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Meanwhile, the NYG were last in sacks allowed last year with a whopping 85! For perspective Carolina was next with 65.

So maybe Flores will bring the heat!

That's an incredible stat.
Post #: 1781
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 3:07:21 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

someone was talking about the vikes being able to pull gaskin or mcbride off of the practice squad every week and several times this season...possibly another creative way to use the practice squad...it seems like we've been doing that every week for a couple of years at some level during the regular season....

I did like what I saw of Gaskin in the preseason. Not sure if there are better options out there right now so until someone else is signed, it does appear Gaskin in the emergency backup plan.
Post #: 1782
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 3:11:04 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Mo Ibrahim is a pretty decent option. He's not a guy that will bust a big one because of speed but he can gain tough yards.
Post #: 1783
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 3:12:11 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

A player is now able to be elevated three times per season. To be activated a fourth time requires the player to be signed to the regular roster.
Post #: 1784
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 3:26:33 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A player is now able to be elevated three times per season. To be activated a fourth time requires the player to be signed to the regular roster.

And of course if another team comes along and wants that guy they can snipe them.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1785
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 4:21:39 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And of course if another team comes along and wants that guy they can snipe them.

Right. As long as they agree to a deal and add them to their 53 man roster.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 8/28/2024 4:23:09 PM >
Post #: 1786
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 4:34:39 PM   
David Levine

The Minnesota Vikings have officially completed their 17-member practice squad. Here’s the full list of everybody that the team signed after waiver claims were processed.

OL Henry Byrd
Edge Andre Carter II
LB Dallas Gant
RB Myles Gaskin
TE N’Keal Harry
WR Lucky Jackson
WR Jeshaun Jones
RB DeWayne McBride
DB Bobby McCain
TE Sammis Reyes
Edge Bo Richter
OL Tyrese Robinson
WR Thayer Thomas
TE Robert Tonyan
CB Jaylin Williams
DL Jonah Williams
CB Nahshon Wright

The team got an exception for Reyes as he is a part of the NFL’s International Player Pathway Program. That’s why they have 17 players on the practice squad rather than just the regular 16.

It’s worth noting that all of the players the Vikings signed to the practice squad spent the preseason and training camp with Minnesota. They didn’t reach outside of the organization for any of their practice squad players.
Post #: 1787
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 5:00:02 PM   
Todd M

That’s one damn fine practice squad.

I like that they’re our guys.
Post #: 1788
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 5:02:38 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

That’s one damn fine practice squad.

I like that they’re our guys.

I guess if you keep young guys on the roster put the old guys on the Practice Squad.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1789
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 9:18:13 PM   
marty

The only way they could bring "lots of heat" is due to Darnold not having chemistry with the receivers and the wreck that is the IOL. IOW, the Vikings have as much to do with that outcome as anyone.

The team that had the DT (Lawrence ?) that whipped Bradbury like a ragdoll, added Brian Burns from Carolina.

Burns is one of the NFL's most effective pass rushers. He played his first five seasons for the Carolina Panthers, for whom he had 46.0 sacks and was twice selected to the Pro Bowl (2021-22).

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1790
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 9:21:55 PM   
marty

< Message edited by marty -- 8/28/2024 9:38:18 PM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1791
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 9:32:08 PM   
marty

I have had the Giants game is the only game I thought the Vikings would win if their first 6 games, I may be over thinking it, reading Giants stuff, and such.

I guess I was starting to feel the way I felt before the playoff game against the Giants, that the Vikings should win this game, but will find a way to lose it. I am coming around to the boards way of thinking on this, and Flores is much better than Donatell, which should put the Vikings in a position to win this game by a FG, and now that they seem to have a reliable kicker, should win this game by a FG.

I will stop the negative energy, Vikes win by a FG.

I do not always start the season with a negative view on the Vikings, there have been several seasons in the last 30 some years where I have thought the Vikings had a decent chance of winning the Super Bowl.

Well this isn't one of them. I feel like this team is likely to win about 6 games, tops.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1792
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/28/2024 9:37:29 PM   
marty

I will start out being optimistic about one game, the first game.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1793
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/29/2024 8:19:41 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

The team that had the DT (Lawrence ?) that whipped Bradbury like a ragdoll, added Brian Burns from Carolina.

Burns is one of the NFL's most effective pass rushers. He played his first five seasons for the Carolina Panthers, for whom he had 46.0 sacks and was twice selected to the Pro Bowl (2021-22).

Based on their stats last year, they needed to add a pass rusher in the worst way.

No matter, a win-win game for the Wilfs.
Post #: 1794
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/29/2024 8:36:01 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Based on the last two years, 6 wins lines up with the 6th overall pick. Way too early mocks show it's a big year for CBs. Trade down a couple of spots for a 3rd rounder and pick one of the top CBs. Call the 2024 season a success!
Post #: 1795
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/29/2024 9:35:50 AM   
Phil Riewer

SKOR North - Minnesota Sports
@SKORNorth
·
4m
The #Vikings have signed veteran QB Brett Rypien to their active roster and are waiving Jaren Hall. #SKOL

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1796
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/29/2024 9:41:06 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

@SKORNorth
·
4m
The #Vikings have signed veteran QB Brett Rypien to their active roster and are waiving Jaren Hall. #SKOL

Meh
Post #: 1797
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/29/2024 9:41:14 AM   
Ricky J

Wow! I didn't see that coming
Post #: 1798
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/29/2024 9:47:53 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

@SKORNorth
·
4m

Meh

It would be great if we could trade Mullins and just keep one back up on the 53.

Post #: 1799
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/29/2024 9:51:55 AM   
Ricky J

googled: Boise State Broncos and signed with the Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2019, and has also been a member of the Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, and New York Jets

As someone who has never made a $100,000 a year I look at this guy and think, good for you! Keep bringing in the money anyway you can, Rypien.
Post #: 1800
Page:   <<   < prev  70 71 [72] 73 74   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  70 71 [72] 73 74   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode