Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Richard Neussendorfer
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 12:25:12 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

(I love the fact that Gods lonely man Cousins went so unabashedly for the money, so publicly ....

I could understand the first, fully guaranteed, contract. And I don't dig ripping people who don't rip other people, but having to have the money and not work with an organization that did you right left me with with less than great memories of the guy. What are you going to do with it, or why was it so important to have all those big numbers if it wasn't pride and ego? Maybe Im out of line and he has plans for homeless shelters in every city, helping bring an end to world hunger, etc. I don't know ... just not a great ending for me. I like Brady's legacy with regards to contracts and team, not so much "my boy" Cousins' ...

Felt a need to respond, not necessarily to Tom's point, but all the people who have listened to my side for years and like me are hoping to move on to some better years ahead.

To your point ...

greasing your public persona with positivity and religious homilies while your financial and contractual machinations suck the interests of your football family and fans dry, in my book, is ten times worse than being a loudmouth who 'rips on other people.'

That wasn't really my point, more of a side bar explaining it wasn't my need to jump into the Counsins "dislike." No doubt Counsins was/is a polarizing figure for sure

a point, not main point.
Post #: 1951
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 12:28:23 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

49ers next. Interesting WRT bad team-good team scenario.

Really looking forward to tonights game. For itself and to help get a better feel for next weekend.
Post #: 1952
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 12:38:27 PM   
kevinemmer

Niners and Texans will be tough games.

Darnold was excellent,
He and Van Ginkle were MVPs! (Van Ginkle was everywhere)
Couldn't have asked for more really once Darnold settled in.
I could tell he was getting frustrated
with KOC's tardy play-calling, c'mon Kevin, this is an old issue with you at this point.
As someone mentioned, we were getting Pukers level grace period from the Refs when the clock was at zero.

Lawrence is a load,
but do we not know this and game-plan to double up on him?
When left man on man, Bradbury and Ingram were toast.
A big weakness left unaddressed again, our IOL.
I didn't notice Brandel having problems, but Lawrence wasn't over him (that I saw).

Our lack of a beast Nose on Defense didn't cause problems, I wonder how long this will last?

Murphy, Gilmore, and Shaq didn't impress me much against a very bad Dan Jones.....
Time will tell against better teams and QBs.

Sloppy penalties, kind of expected in the first game.
Some very suspect holding calls against Darrisaw and Bradbury..

Can you tell I'm a lifelong skeptical Vikes Fan? lol

We picked up some nice pieces on Defense; Van Ginkle, Cashman, Grenard, Dallas...
Hopefully Flores keeps the magic going to help out Interior D-Line and Secondary.

1-0 Skooooolllllllll!

PS So happy KFC is gone, gone, gone!

< Message edited by kevinemmer -- 9/9/2024 12:40:24 PM >
Post #: 1953
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 1:26:54 PM   
Phil Riewer

SD

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/9/2024 2:16:08 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1954
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 2:00:38 PM  1 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

(I love the fact that Gods lonely man Cousins went so unabashedly for the money, so publicly ....

I could understand the first, fully guaranteed, contract. And I don't dig ripping people who don't rip other people, but having to have the money and not work with an organization that did you right left me with with less than great memories of the guy. What are you going to do with it, or why was it so important to have all those big numbers if it wasn't pride and ego? Maybe Im out of line and he has plans for homeless shelters in every city, helping bring an end to world hunger, etc. I don't know ... just not a great ending for me. I like Brady's legacy with regards to contracts and team, not so much "my boy" Cousins' ...

Felt a need to respond, not necessarily to Tom's point, but all the people who have listened to my side for years and like me are hoping to move on to some better years ahead.

To your point ...

greasing your public persona with positivity and religious homilies while your financial and contractual machinations suck the interests of your football family and fans dry, in my book, is ten times worse than being a loudmouth who 'rips on other people.'

That wasn't really my point, more of a side bar explaining it wasn't my need to jump into the Counsins "dislike." No doubt Counsins was/is a polarizing figure for sure

a point, not main point.

Darnold and JJ McCarthy are worthy replacements compared to Dobbs/Mullens/Hall.....that is what the main point should be. Not anything to do with Kirk's religion or whatever anyone else wants it to be.

1/2 salary used on Defense and A Jones, efficiency was better than what was there last year, and we got the early season road W. Those would be my 3 points.

Just stay in your lane.

No need to whiff on other’s points to say what you want to say.
Post #: 1955
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 2:11:38 PM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

For Tom....I won't do a reply but my own post:

Darnold and JJ McCarthy are worthy replacements compared to Dobbs/Mullens/Hall.....that is what the main point should be IMO. Not anything to do with Kirk's religion or whatever anyone else wants it to be.

1/2 his salary used on Defense and A Jones, efficiency was better than what was there last year, and we got the early season road W. Those would be my 3 points.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/9/2024 2:16:50 PM >

Post #: 1956
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 2:46:11 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Darnold and JJ McCarthy are worthy replacements compared to Dobbs/Mullens/Hall.....that is what the main point should be IMO. Not anything to do with Kirk's religion or whatever anyone else wants it to be.

1/2 his salary used on Defense and A Jones, efficiency was better than what was there last year, and we got the early season road W. Those would be my 3 points.

Everybody and their mother has stated your ‘main point’ and 3 other points.

Nobody wants or thinks Kirks religion is part of the equation.

Move on.
Post #: 1957
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 3:19:06 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

To your point ...

a point, not main point.

A point for sure ... you are correct.
Post #: 1958
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 3:22:21 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Sounds like as clean of a performance as we could have hoped for off the launch pad.

I know this isn't your point but since you only had the box score and play by play we sucked off the launch pad Our first series was as bad as it could get. It was impressive they didn't let it sink them given what happened last year

run stuff for no gain
sack
fumble
Post #: 1959
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 3:44:13 PM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Move on.

Posts 1939 and 1947 prove which poster needs to move on and which poster brought it up.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/9/2024 3:45:24 PM >

Post #: 1960
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 4:00:41 PM  2 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Move on.

Posts 1939 and 1947 prove which poster needs to move on and which poster brought it up.

Cousins religious hypocrisy or lack thereof or talking about Cousin's hypocrisy has nothing to do with the Vikings QB situation, not resigning Cousins, ATL signing Cousins, etc.

Move on.
Post #: 1961
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 4:06:25 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Sounds like as clean of a performance as we could have hoped for off the launch pad.

I know this isn't your point but since you only had the box score and play by play we sucked off the launch pad Our first series was as bad as it could get. It was impressive they didn't let it sink them given what happened last year

run stuff for no gain
sack
fumble

I thought I qualified it with, 'as we could have hoped for.'

I was never expecting a flawless game.

But yes, 'clean' is a relative term.
Post #: 1962
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 4:14:31 PM   
Tom Sykes

First series, first game, whatever.

We're launched.
Post #: 1963
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 6:05:52 PM   
Steve Lentz

Old man Harrison Smith with the 2nd highest Defensive Grade on Defense per PFF.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1964
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 7:32:51 PM   
Karl Juhnke

Aaron's got himself a heck of a new team. First series 3 and out with a dropped pass. Second series, complete his first pass who then fumbles it. Jets football.
Post #: 1965
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 10:20:52 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Rodgers, the overrated attention getting whore... smackdown.
Love, the never was... laughable QB who had his 14 minutes of fame.
Cousins... predictably shits his crib in his debut.
Darnold... could be a very interesting story.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 9/10/2024 6:26:18 AM >
Post #: 1966
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2024 10:23:13 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Aaron's got himself a heck of a new team. First series 3 and out with a dropped pass. Second series, complete his first pass who then fumbles it. Jets football.

The suck Rodgers vibe made them drop and fumble the ball.
Post #: 1967
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2024 7:26:00 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

run stuff for no gain
sack
fumble

And then the defense came on the field for the second time and on a very short field, held them to just a FG.

Bad situation mitigated exceptionally well. We never looked back from there.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1968
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2024 9:54:24 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

First series, first game, whatever.

We're launched.

Sorry, wasn't picking nits. Last years start made me laugh, to a degree. That first series pissed me off given what happened last year.
Post #: 1969
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2024 9:55:49 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

run stuff for no gain
sack
fumble

And then the defense came on the field for the second time and on a very short field, held them to just a FG.

Yeap, the D was outstanding all day. It'll be a whole different challenge on Sunday though. SF is such a unique thing to deal with. I feel they may run it right down our throats all day long.
Post #: 1970
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2024 10:08:56 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

run stuff for no gain
sack
fumble

Yeap, the D was outstanding all day. It'll be a whole different challenge on Sunday though. SF is such a unique thing to deal with. I feel they may run it right down our throats all day long.

It certainly feels like the 49ers will try to dictate what we do on Defense instead of us dictating their offense.

We totally dictated the Giants offense on Sunday. 49ers are the favorite in the NFC for the Superbowl. I want to win, badly start getting the pundits to start thinking they made a mistake pooh poohing us....We need to give them a game on Sunday. Make them fight for every yard and point and match them point for point. That will scare other teams.

But I'm sure they have a better book on Sam Darnold than most do...so it's all going to be on him to duplicate his performance vs the Giants.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1971
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2024 10:38:23 AM   
Todd M

Very little talk about the Vikings on GMF.

Let’s see how much that changes if we can beat the 49rs.
Post #: 1972
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2024 11:10:45 AM   
marty

Provided Deebo and Williams will be playing this time around in what SF might see as a revenge match, the Vikings chances aren't very good.

But you never know.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1973
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2024 11:14:10 AM   
marty

Then again, there is usually a black cloud (the following season) hanging over the team that lost the Super Bowl.

The last time the 49ers lost the Super Bowl to KC, SF went 6-10.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1974
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2024 11:14:51 AM   
Jeff Jesser

So, off topic but something that pissed me off and made me wonder. Last night the Jets got the Niners to jump offisdes and Rodgers threw a TD on the "free play". He's done that his whole career. I would coach up my guys to just go after him if you jump. You're already going to get penalized, go for it. Blast his ass and make them call the play dead. You have nothing to lose at that point. The Niner that jumped, realized it, and stopped. That took him completely out of the play.

Why not just continue to go full on towards him? You either crush his ass or they are forced to call the play dead before you get there.
Post #: 1975
Page:   <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  77 78 [79] 80 81   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode