Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond...

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... Page: <<   < prev  144 145 [146] 147 148   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/1/2016 10:19:45 AM   
bgdavis

With the way the Vikings are playing now, even mediocre teams can beat them handily. Unless they can fix it fast, here's how I see it playing out:

DET - W - Yes, it's Detroit, but they're a respectable 4-4 so far this year. They're catching the Vikings in the middle of a tailspin, and it's not clear if playing at home can right the Vikings' ship. Still, this is the 2nd worst defensive team left on the Vikings schedule, so there is a slim hope that the offense can finally score enough points to win. (Vikings win moves them to 6-2)

@WAS - L - The 'skins are 4-3-1 and (4-1-1 in their last 6). They're the 3rd worst defensive team left on the Vikings schedule. However, being an away game, I'm giving the edge to the 'skins. (Vikings loss moves them 6-3)

ARI - L - At one point, this looked like one of the hardest games on the schedule, and it could still turn out that way. ARI is the 2nd strongest defensive team left on the schedule, and they'll probably get over a dozen sacks against the Vikings pathetic OLine. Bradford may not survive into the 2nd half. (Vikings loss moves them to 6-4)

@DET - L - Road woes continue as DET takes the game film from 3 weeks earlier and out-plans Norv and Zim on Turkey day. (Vikings loss moves them to 6-5)

DAL - L - The Vikings offense and defense utterly collapses during a Thursday night game, while the Dak Prescott Cinderella story continues. (Vikings loss moves them to 6-6)

@JAX - W - In what becomes somewhat of a must-win to even sniff playoffs, the Vikings finally face a team that's almost as bad as they are on offense. The defense gets multiple turn-overs, including two run back for score which is enough to win the game. (Vikings win moves them to 7-6)

IND - W - The colts are the worst defensive team on the Vikings schedule, and the Vikings offense finally has somewhat of a break-out game. (Vikings win moves them to 8-6)

@GB - L - With the division title on the line, the Packers easily shutdown the Vikings offense while Rodgers manages to draw multiple PI calls on long bombs, which puts GB in position for some easy scores. (Vikings loss moves them to 8-7)

CHI - W - Playing for a possible WC, Vikings manage to eek out a narrow win against the Bears. (Vikings win moves them to 9-7, but they miss the wildcard due to key tie-breaker losses vs PHI, WAS, DAL and ARI)

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3626
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/2/2016 1:28:42 AM   
marty

The Vikes will lose a heart breaker at home to Detroit.

The Vikes will lead for the first 3 quarters, but Stafford will make plays, and get 2 long scoring drives for TDs to beat the Vikes in the 4th quarter.
Post #: 3627
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/2/2016 9:09:30 AM   
Brad H

Stafford is Stafford. The Lions are the Lions.

Vikes win 23-17

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 3628
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/2/2016 9:30:43 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

The Vikes will lead for the first 3 quarters, but Stafford will make plays, and get 2 long scoring drives for TDs to beat the Vikes in the 4th quarter.

Thank you.
Post #: 3629
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/2/2016 1:40:42 PM   
Tim Cady

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

With the way the Vikings are playing now, even mediocre teams can beat them handily. Unless they can fix it fast, here's how I see it playing out:

DET - W - Yes, it's Detroit, but they're a respectable 4-4 so far this year. They're catching the Vikings in the middle of a tailspin, and it's not clear if playing at home can right the Vikings' ship. Still, this is the 2nd worst defensive team left on the Vikings schedule, so there is a slim hope that the offense can finally score enough points to win. (Vikings win moves them to 6-2)

@WAS - L - The 'skins are 4-3-1 and (4-1-1 in their last 6). They're the 3rd worst defensive team left on the Vikings schedule. However, being an away game, I'm giving the edge to the 'skins. (Vikings loss moves them 6-3)

ARI - L - At one point, this looked like one of the hardest games on the schedule, and it could still turn out that way. ARI is the 2nd strongest defensive team left on the schedule, and they'll probably get over a dozen sacks against the Vikings pathetic OLine. Bradford may not survive into the 2nd half. (Vikings loss moves them to 6-4)

@DET - L - Road woes continue as DET takes the game film from 3 weeks earlier and out-plans Norv and Zim on Turkey day. (Vikings loss moves them to 6-5)

DAL - L - The Vikings offense and defense utterly collapses during a Thursday night game, while the Dak Prescott Cinderella story continues. (Vikings loss moves them to 6-6)

@JAX - W - In what becomes somewhat of a must-win to even sniff playoffs, the Vikings finally face a team that's almost as bad as they are on offense. The defense gets multiple turn-overs, including two run back for score which is enough to win the game. (Vikings win moves them to 7-6)

IND - W - The colts are the worst defensive team on the Vikings schedule, and the Vikings offense finally has somewhat of a break-out game. (Vikings win moves them to 8-6)

@GB - L - With the division title on the line, the Packers easily shutdown the Vikings offense while Rodgers manages to draw multiple PI calls on long bombs, which puts GB in position for some easy scores. (Vikings loss moves them to 8-7)

CHI - W - Playing for a possible WC, Vikings manage to eek out a narrow win against the Bears. (Vikings win moves them to 9-7, but they miss the wildcard due to key tie-breaker losses vs PHI, WAS, DAL and ARI)

Well don't you know how to bring the sunshine right out! If it goes this way I will be calling for Zimmer's firing and since Zimmer is my favorite coach possibly ever, that is not going to happen. We will kick the shit out of Washington, and Arizona on your list. Arizona is as Schizophrenic as Pittsburgh. I still see 12-4 or 13-3. We are too good to lose any home games outside of maybe Dallas. I see a loss at Lameblow, and maybe Dallas at home, more likely though at Detroit on Thanksgiving. The rest are victories without Norv's game plan for the wrong offensive line. You cannot call plays like you are coaching Dallas' offensive line and you have a power running attack with a line that has the ability for the qb to drop back 7 steps. Square peg round holes the last two weeks. Might not get it figured out this week but get lucky because we are playing the Lions at home. We will win by one for some fluky reason. This a Blair Walsh 5 or 6 field goal game and Stafford will throw 2-3 touchdowns. Defense will get us a couple of short field turnovers. We will score a touchdown on o. I say 22-21 or 25-24. Very stressful game, but a victory for Purple just the same.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 3630
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/2/2016 2:56:20 PM   
Brad H

If the defense scores, we win. It's been that way all season.

Post #: 3631
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/2/2016 4:40:57 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

Well don't you know how to bring the sunshine right out! If it goes this way I will be calling for Zimmer's firing and since Zimmer is my favorite coach possibly ever, that is not going to happen. We will kick the shit out of Washington, and Arizona on your list. Arizona is as Schizophrenic as Pittsburgh. I still see 12-4 or 13-3. We are too good to lose any home games outside of maybe Dallas. I see a loss at Lameblow, and maybe Dallas at home, more likely though at Detroit on Thanksgiving. The rest are victories without Norv's game plan for the wrong offensive line. You cannot call plays like you are coaching Dallas' offensive line and you have a power running attack with a line that has the ability for the qb to drop back 7 steps. Square peg round holes the last two weeks. Might not get it figured out this week but get lucky because we are playing the Lions at home. We will win by one for some fluky reason. This a Blair Walsh 5 or 6 field goal game and Stafford will throw 2-3 touchdowns. Defense will get us a couple of short field turnovers. We will score a touchdown on o. I say 22-21 or 25-24. Very stressful game, but a victory for Purple just the same.

I guess you got Walsh missing a bunch of XPs
Post #: 3632
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/3/2016 10:51:20 AM   
Tim Cady

5X3 = 15 and one touchdown +an extra point is 7 added to 15 that is 22. If we have 6 field goals that would be 18 plus one touchdown with extra which we already established is 7 would be let's see 18+7 oh yeah 25. Nope it would appear I having him 1 for 1 in extra points in both scenarios. I could do this all day I really am excellent at Math.

Post #: 3633
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/3/2016 10:57:41 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

5X3 = 15 and one touchdown +an extra point is 7 added to 15 that is 22. If we have 6 field goals that would be 18 plus one touchdown with extra which we already established is 7 would be let's see 18+7 oh yeah 25. Nope it would appear I having him 1 for 1 in extra points in both scenarios. I could do this all day I really am excellent at Math.

There is some huge assumptions with that total. First off, how many attempts would Walsh need to make six field goals? Secondly, that's a lot of trips into the red zone, more than we have had in the past three weeks combined.

Post #: 3634
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/3/2016 11:23:45 AM   
Tim Cady

It's a predictions thread! Like advice you get what you paid for this opinion cost you nothing! My assumptions are this 3 turnovers = 3 red zones. I figure the offense will stumble into 3 or 4 on their own against the Lions defense. Zimmer will be focused on not leaving any points on the field, hence every field goal range chance will be attempted and inside the Ship I have full confidence in Blair Walsh.

Post #: 3635
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/5/2016 7:34:29 PM   
MarkWren

There is no reason to think we'll be able to keep the Lions off of Bradford tomorrow. Wish it weren't so, but this OL of ours has been hit by an all-time injury deluge this year. I'll consider it a moral victory if Sam gets through the game uninjured. 24-13 Lions in a game that, per the past 2 on the road, isn't even THAT close.

We're going to have to crawl our way back up over a long period of time, as the injured gradually return. Maybe we can catch fire in weeks 13-18 and make a run at it.
Post #: 3636
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/6/2016 7:40:15 AM  1 votes
Bill Jandro

I look for a rejuvinated offense finally free from the nonlogical Norv and the slow developing play.

Bradford will get back to getting rid of the ball in 2.5 sec and we run a no huddle fast pace rythem offense.

We shred the lions 34-3

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3637
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/6/2016 8:52:21 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkWren

There is no reason to think we'll be able to keep the Lions off of Bradford tomorrow. Wish it weren't so, but this OL of ours has been hit by an all-time injury deluge this year. I'll consider it a moral victory if Sam gets through the game uninjured. 24-13 Lions in a game that, per the past 2 on the road, isn't even THAT close.

We're going to have to crawl our way back up over a long period of time, as the injured gradually return. Maybe we can catch fire in weeks 13-18 and make a run at it.

Of the injured offensive lineman that matter, only one is expected to return this season.
Post #: 3638
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/6/2016 9:18:57 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Thank you, than you, thank you.

And peace be with you, marty
Post #: 3639
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/6/2016 10:10:48 AM   
JC2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adlmxiyrKLI

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 3640
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/7/2016 1:00:08 PM   
bgdavis

quote:

When I made those predictions, my initial thought was leaning toward DET winning both games, but I felt like they'd probably find a way to at least win the home game. With the DET loss, I think there's a really strong chance they continue losing all the way until the @JAX game. The IND game may be harder than I originally thought as well. I would not be surprised if they end up losing 6 of the remaining 8 games, and finish the season at 7-9.

< Message edited by bgdavis -- 11/7/2016 1:02:07 PM >

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3641
RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... - 11/7/2016 4:12:51 PM   
Tim Cady

5-3 should have been 6-2 first half.

Second half 6-2 maybe even 7-1. No doubt in my mind after what I saw yesterday that we will be underdogs at home against Dallas and Zimmer lives for that Shit. I am not sure we lose at LameBlow after yesterday. Aaron Rodgers using I for drive, enthusiasm and effort. And we for no spark., indifferent and limited effort. Yeah that was a good idea for a public call out versus a behind closed doors players only meeting. I have seen Rodgers as lackadaisical as anybody earlier in the season.

I plan on enjoying the ride that is this season. We are getting better not worse. Yesterday proved that we have lots to build on.

So if you are doing math at home. Worst case is 11-5. Best case 13-3, although I don't see us running the table. The defense is a little nicked up. We get healthy the beat downs start again. Nobody has figured out Jack against Zimmer if we are full strength full depth on defense. The Offensive line settled down and showed promise yesterday.

We got this!

Post #: 3642
RE: 2015 WR's. - 11/7/2016 11:01:51 PM   
JC2015

Midpoint check-in

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

AFC

EAST
Patriots 12-4: Underestimated them. They should win 14
Jets 11-5: way off, Fitz and Revis both aged overnight
Bills 7-9: pretty close
Fish 6-10: rudderless team; doing a little better than expected

NORTH
Steelers 12-4: Will struggle to get to 10 wins with Ben's injury
Bengals 10-6: probably a game or two a little high
Ravens 9-7: pretty close
Browns 2-14: May not even win 2!!

SOUTH
Jaguars 10-6: completely blew this one
Colts 9-7: Need to pick i up a little to hit 9 wins
Texans 7-9: I have no idea how they are 5-3
Titans 5-11: a little low, should win at least 7

WEST
Raiders 11-5: pretty close
Broncos 10-6: pretty close
Chefs 7-9: off on this one as they are already at 6 wins
Chargers 4-12: underestimated their offense; should mke 7 wins

NFC

EAST
Cowboys 10-6: should hit 11 wins
Giants 9-7: pretty close
Washingtons 7-9: a little low, could make 9
Eagles 3-13: low again, should win 7-9 games

NORTH
Vikings 12-4: really thought the line would be better - 10?
Packers 11-5: 9 wins and maybe 10
Bears 5-11: pn pace
Lions 4-12: much better than expected, should win 10

SOUTH
Falcons 11-5: pretty lose, maybe they get to 12
Panthers 10-6: need a real hot close to even sniff 10; more likely 8 wins
Bucs 7-9: maybe 1 win less
Saints 6-10: fountain of youth and they should win 9

WEST
Seahawks 12-4: injuries to Wilson, Kam, and Bennett make this a 10 or 11 win team
Cardinals 11-5: will struggle to reach 9
49ers 5-11: won't make 4 wins
Rams 3-13: defense is fierce enough to get them 6 wins

AFC CG

Steelers over Pats - now I would take Pats over Raiders

NFC CG

Seahawks over Vikings - Now I would take Atlanta over Dallas

SUPER BOWL
Steelers over Seahawks - Pats over Falcons

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 3643
RE: 2015 WR's. - 11/16/2016 1:01:03 AM   
69in09

Prediction; Kalil will sign for approximately 3yrs for 21M this offseason.

This is my burner account.
Post #: 3644
RE: 2015 WR's. - 11/16/2016 2:07:39 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: 69in09

Prediction; Kalil will sign for approximately 3yrs for 21M this offseason.

As long as it isn't in MN....Whatever...

If he does sign here they better be moving him to RG or RT.

After they trade for Joe Thomas.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3645
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/22/2016 2:39:26 PM   
JC2015

I did the playoff prediction machine

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture/predictor

I came up with NFC

1. Dallas
2. Seattle
3. Vikings
4. Atlanta
5. Giants
6. Washington

AFC

1. Patriots
2. Chiefs
3. Texans
4. Steelers
5. Raiders
6. Broncos

However, there is a caveat. The machine doesn't let you pick this week's games or I think the Raiders and Chiefs might be reversed

Post #: 3646
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/22/2016 4:29:14 PM   
marty

Dallas over Seattle (or Washington) N F C Championship

Patriots over Raiders AFC Championship

Dallas over NE in the SB

Donald Trump will be re-elected president in 2020, and he will win with the electoral college AND the popular vote.
Post #: 3647
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/23/2016 10:04:00 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: JC2015

I came up with NFC

1. Dallas
2. Seattle
3. Vikings
4. Atlanta
5. Giants
6. Washington

AFC

1. Patriots
2. Chiefs
3. Texans
4. Steelers
5. Raiders
6. Broncos

However, there is a caveat. The machine doesn't let you pick this week's games or I think the Raiders and Chiefs might be reversed

A lot of over-reaction to Dallas, IMO. They've played the softest schedule in the NFL thus far.

Post #: 3648
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/23/2016 10:20:19 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: JC2015

I came up with NFC

1. Dallas
2. Seattle
3. Vikings
4. Atlanta
5. Giants
6. Washington

AFC

1. Patriots
2. Chiefs
3. Texans
4. Steelers
5. Raiders
6. Broncos

A lot of over-reaction to Dallas, IMO. They've played the softest schedule in the NFL thus far.

Man I hope we're that smack you in the mouth game for them!

Send them reeling. Let the questions over QB start.

So juicy I can eat that shit right up!
Post #: 3649
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/23/2016 10:26:42 AM   
Brad H

Mine came out:

NFC
1) Seahawks (13-2-1)
2) Falcons (12-4)
3) Cowboys (12-4)
4) Vikings (9-7)
5) Redskins (11-4-1)
6) Giants (10-6)

AFC
1) Patriots (14-2)
2) Broncos (12-4)
3) Texans (11-5)
4) Bengals (8-7-1)
5) Raiders (11-5)
6) Bills (10-6)

< Message edited by Brad H -- 11/23/2016 10:33:17 AM >

Post #: 3650
Page:   <<   < prev  144 145 [146] 147 148   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next week and beyond... Page: <<   < prev  144 145 [146] 147 148   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode