Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/11/2009 5:56:25 PM   
djskillz

Our LB corp would certainly be inflicting some PAIN with a Scott/EJ/Greenway group.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 201
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/12/2009 12:27:51 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Won't happen fellas.  BMore will lock him up unless he wants out.  They love him up there (media, fans, ect....)
Post #: 202
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/14/2009 1:26:38 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

Westbrook even more banged up this week.
Emotion/homefield/match-ups.
I'm stickin with 'Zona.
Cards 24 Philly 20

Ravens and Steelers may as well be in a Cage.
This will be a war.
They are mirrors of each other imo.
Love the Flacco story and I think it continues.
Balt 20 Steelers 17
Post #: 203
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/14/2009 1:52:02 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Sorry bud,  I will go totally against you.  It'll be an all PA SB.
Post #: 204
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/14/2009 3:48:33 PM   
Duane Sampson

I hope Arizona gets in. It will suck for us offense fans to watch a 3-0 game....

Commercials better be good.
Post #: 205
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/14/2009 6:31:39 PM   
Tim Cady

I gotta stay with Arizona but I think the no rest situation for Baltimore catches up this week. I think a Philly win might be a vindication of the childress way of doing things so you know I will be rooting for that.

Arizona/Pittsburgh

< Message edited by Tim Cady -- 1/15/2009 10:06:05 AM >

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 206
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/14/2009 10:16:05 PM   
djskillz

I'll go with Pittsburgh (in a real close, hard battle with a lot of injuries) and Arizona.  Whisenhunt vs. Tomlin in the SB.

I think Arizona's defense is fast enough and has enough great athletes to contain Philly's real big weapon, Westbrook.  And I think McNabb is due for a bad game.  Plus, I think AZ can match up well against Johnson's blitz.  Just run the shotgun like crazy with the best WR duo in the league (if Boldin plays) and a guy with a quick release in Warner.

In the Pittsburgh game, I just think it's extremely tough for a rookie, even a guy that I love like Flacco.  And Pittsburgh's offense is just better.  Plus I'm sure the Ravens are tired.  I heard a great point today that the Ravens' old defense hasn't had a bye week since week 2!  That's gotta catch up at some point.  But this game will be EXTREMELY physical.  I expect some big injuries. 

It's actually very possible IMO that the winner of the Pitt/Balt game will be too beat up to beat AZ/Philly in the SB.  I could honestly see AZ having a shot to win it all at this point, which seems nuts. 

JMO.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 207
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 10:45:26 AM   
Jim Frenette

I like the Cardinals and the Ravens with the point spread, but think Pitt wins in a close game

Fargo
Post #: 208
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 11:16:26 AM   
DeLain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Sorry bud,  I will go totally against you.  It'll be an all PA SB.

Agreed!

FYI...Arizona has not beat a single team with a good defense this year, except for maybe Buffalo in week 6 and in that game they got a lot of breaks.
Post #: 209
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 12:02:18 PM   
Easy E

I said Pitt and Philly before the playoffs, and I see nothing that's changed.

The Pitt/Raven match up is a tough one for both teams. I just see Pitt's LB corps as the difference against Flacco.

Philly has to have something "wrong" happen to lose.
Post #: 210
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 12:07:50 PM   
Trekgeekscott

My prediction...the Pittsburgh/Raven game will be brutal.

I love the underdog and the Cardinals are most certainly the underdog. 

But if I must predict...I predict the ALL PA Superbowl.  My hope is for the Ravens/Cardinals though.  Philly got a sports title this year.  Pittsburgh won a SB a few years ago and has 5 total.  Cardinals have never even been to the Superbowl...I would love to see them in it.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 211
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 1:17:48 PM   
Lynn G.

Scott,

I'm with you - I love the underdog and Pennsylvania has more than its share of titles. My only thought about the Cinderella Cardinals winning is that I'm jealous. I wanted US to be the Cinderella team that came in and won it all.

Maybe next year.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 212
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 1:32:08 PM   
DeLain

I think we would have had a good chance if the bears would have won.  Getting stuck with a hot Philly team bit the big one.
Post #: 213
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 1:36:02 PM   
djskillz

The Philly game is going to be ALL about Westbrook.  He makes that team go, like AD does for us.  If he does well, they win.  If not, they'll lose.

Post #: 214
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 1:44:21 PM   
Easy E

IMO the Philly game is about their D on Arizona's offense. If Arizona can score 28 pionts, they have a chance. If not, Philly can run Buckhalter all game and still win easily.

Personally I think we'll see the Kurt Warner that has shown up against almost every good D he's faced. Maybe not quite as bad as in NY, but close.
Post #: 215
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 1:49:22 PM   
My prediction is that I will continue thinking we could beat whoever is representing the NFC.

And I will certainly be as bored as I've been the last 32 or so Super Bowl's.
  Post #: 216
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 1:55:57 PM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

My prediction is that I will continue thinking we could beat whoever is representing the NFC.

And I will certainly be as bored as I've been the last 32 or so Super Bowl's.

I'm with ya there, Kurt. 

This team should have won a SB this year if not for coaching IMO.

Post #: 217
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 3:47:33 PM   
John Childress

I see two very close games with both PA teams pulling away midway though the 4th for 10 point wins that were closer than the final score.

Contrary to popular belief, the Eagles offense IS good and does NOT consist solely of Westbrook.  Westbrook has averaged about 2 yards per carry the last month as both knees are sore.  In fact, the ONLY play he has made all postseason was the screen pass.

The Eagles beat the defending Super Bowl champs, with a defense 10X better than Arizona, with no contribution from Westbrook.

McNabb is playing at a very high level right now, higher than his stats would indicate.  He has gone against two top defenses while Arizona has feasted on slop.  The Eagles are a much better team in every aspect except WR.  The Eagles will score 24-30 points.

The real key to the game will be Kurt Warner's ability to read the Eagles blitzes and make them pay for it - basically, they have a puncher's chance and that is it.  Warner against the Eagles, Giants, and Vikings had QB ratings of 65, 70, 79 (plus 42 versus Patriots). 

**********************************************************************************

The Steelers are starting to click on offense for the first time all year.  They have won 7 of 8 including the last 2 games scoring over 30 points.  However, the one time they were shut down, Tenn, they faced a real physical defense that beat them up.

The Ravens have a similar story.  I just feel that this is the week the magic runs out for Flacco - who I really like.

************************************************************************************

The Vikings are further away from winning the Super Bowl than people think. 

You can not overstate the importance for clutch QB play with no turnovers.  Until we find/develop a big game QB we will not sniff a SB.

< Message edited by John Childress -- 1/15/2009 3:49:04 PM >

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 218
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 3:53:16 PM   
Trekgeekscott

The Pittsburgh/Baltimore game is going to come down to who turns the ball over less. 

The Cardinals don't really have much hope of winning against Philly...but then they didn't have much hope of winning against Atlanta either, and then then they didn't have much hope of winning on the road in Carolina.  They have home field advantage (which I admit really means little), but it's better than going on the road nearly all the way accross the country.  It is pretty simple to say that the Cardinals will not get all the gifts that Delhomme gave them last week.  But they aren't hopeless here.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 219
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 4:22:52 PM   
Tim Cady

Red Birds rule. I disagree that the Eagles played great teams and the Cardinals played slop. The Eagles played a frightened team(fish rots from the head down) in the second half and they beat an Eli led Giants team that at one point ran a drive in 4th qtr without allowing their supposed franchise qb throw the ball. I think the Giants team we played in the 2nd half the last week of the season with David Carr at the helm was more formitable than the offense that was sputtering around against the Eagles.....The Eagles are a great defense and nearly great offense, with a hole(can't run in redzone). If the Cardinals burn the over aggressive Eagles a couple of times in the first half, the offense will not be able to recover in my estimation. The Eagles can only play with a lead or within one score. I don't see them coming back on the Cards. I know they blew out the Cards at home on Thanksgiving. The Cards are better now.

Pittsburgh will win a close ugly one. I think both qbs will look terrible, but combined with Baltimore's no break since week 2, Pittsburgh will outlast them.

Post #: 220
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2009 4:28:41 PM   
Tim Cady

People were really high on Atlanta and Carolina, before the Cards ripped both.

Post #: 221
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/16/2009 10:47:24 AM   
marty

Going 2-6 so far in the playoffs, I'm in the perfect position to go out on a limb and predict that Arizona and Pittsburgh, the home teams will win this week.  I'm NOT going to go 2-8 going into the SB, I'm going AT LEAST 3-7, maybe 4-6.    

Philly being a 'team of destiny' is too obvious and too similar to last year.  The bettors all get behind that and then it's time for a little 4th quarter 'sway' IF the game is close, and the CARDS win! 

The Cards will want to prove it was NOT just Delhomme, McNabb is due for a bad day (so then the Vikes have a chance of getting him in the offseason), and will throw 3 picks.  The Cards will get physical on defense in response to Dawkins' hard hits.  

You will see Whisenhunt against his former team in the SB.   

Arizona 23 Philly 16
Pittsburgh 16 Baltimore 7 

< Message edited by marty -- 1/16/2009 10:49:33 AM >
Post #: 222
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/16/2009 11:58:29 AM   
DeLain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

People were really high on Atlanta and Carolina, before the Cards ripped both.

Who?
Post #: 223
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/16/2009 4:08:47 PM   
John Childress

I don't know if I can think of a worse team to host the NFC CG in recent memory.

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 224
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/16/2009 4:12:10 PM   
djskillz

I don't know if I can think of a worse final 4, period, in recent memory.

The NFL really sucks right now.

Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode