Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/23/2009 2:27:17 PM   
Tim Cady

I would be too.

My son didn't care about that game and he thought it was rigged. The only game he has watched complete since then was the Houston/Viking game I took him to at the dome this fall. He was about 16 at the time of that SB and he said, well I don't need to waste my time watching this fake sport anymore.

I grew up a Jack Patera, Jim Zorn, Steve Largent, Curt Warner and Ground Chuck fan. Moved to ND in the late 70's and the Vikings finally took in the 80s. I still like The SeaHacks from a distant until Holmgren went there and they became part of the NFC again, then no love from me. I really still did not like that Super Bowl team, but I can't say that I liked Pittsburgh any better. I really felt that the Bengals would have won it all that year, if Pitts doesn't roll up on Palmer. Palmer leaving that game was Pittsburgh's only change IMO.

Anyway I can say I was Nuetral, I was leaning towards Seattle, but I still think that game was the most obviously decided by the officials, Super Bowl ever. If I was a fan of Seattle I would never, ever get over what I think I thought I saw.

< Message edited by Tim Cady -- 1/23/2009 2:29:17 PM >

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 251
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/23/2009 2:37:11 PM   
Easy E

That was one of the luckiest Steeler teams ever.

Prior to that, Bill Cowher was the master of taking better teams into that playoffs and getting beat at home. He was almost Marty Schottenheimeresque at it. I mean, no one can really rival Marty's ability in that regard, but Bill was staking a claim.

They just had some of the most incredible luck in that playoff run. They shouldn't have even gotten in, really.

First round, that Oleg dude just cheap shots Carson Palmer, takes him out and derails his career so they could win the game.

Then they play the Colts, and despite Bettis being so damn fat he couldn't hold the ball anywhere near his body, they use him and he tries to fumble the game away. Fortunately for them, the Colt DBack, who has a clear path to the end zone and win, cuts back across the field, right towards Ben, so he can fall down and trip him.

Then the debacle in the Super Bowl. I really thought the Football Gods were just trying to reward the Rooney's for sticking with it for so long. They really didn't deserve to win that year.
Post #: 252
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/23/2009 3:30:25 PM   
Tim Cady

All good points E

This is why I would be leary of Cowher as a head coach, take that one lucky playoff run a run that shouldn't have been possible if the Brad Johnson led Vikings don't choke a game at home late....and what do you have? A guy that would have been fired from any other organization.

I would rather make a run at Shanahan and I would take Mary Schottenthefoot over Cowher. I think Cowher got out at the right time. He has marketed his image well, but whoever pays the kings ransom for him to come back and run the show and Cowher will want Parcells like power, will be sorry.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 253
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/24/2009 12:02:45 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

Anyway I can say I was Nuetral, I was leaning towards Seattle, but I still think that game was the most obviously decided by the officials, Super Bowl ever. If I was a fan of Seattle I would never, ever get over what I think I thought I saw.

This describes my feelings exactly.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 254
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/24/2009 12:26:06 PM   
marty

I was leaning towards Pittsburgh in that one (had money on Pittsburgh), so I would be LESS inclined to notice officiating going in MY favor, but it was so ominous I couldn't help but noticing the STRONG possibility of a 'sway' in favor of Pittsburgh.   
Post #: 255
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 4:16:18 PM   
So.Mn.Fan

More of a hope than a prediction, but I'm going with Cards 24 Steelers 21, in a whale of a game.
The usuals get it done for Arizona today, Fitz/Warner/James/Boldin, and Boldin wins it late.
Cards D is playing well enough to keep them in this game.  
Post #: 256
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 4:19:39 PM   
Lynn G.

Since I firmly believe that the Steelers won their last Superbowl with a large dose of help from the refs - I would love to see them lose this time on a last second play in which the refs hose them. It would be sweet justice.

Of course, if there really WAS any justice, the Vikings would have a couple of rings.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 257
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 4:20:24 PM   
John Childress

If there was any justice Bard would be unemployed and Tomlin would be leading the Vikings into the Super Bowl right now.

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 258
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 4:21:55 PM   
Ian Joseph

Steelers 40-something

Cards 24 (a couple of late scores and 2 pt coversions make it look better than it is).

Game will start off good, but a beatdown will ensue once nerves get settled.  Kurt Warner finishes the game, but is drilled all day/night. 

Steelers set a Super Bowl sack record tonight.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 259
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 5:25:42 PM   
Steve Lentz

The game will start slow for both offenses. My heart says Arizona but my thoughts are the Steelers by 10.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 260
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 5:40:16 PM   
Steve Lentz

So much for the slow start on offense

Post #: 261
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 5:47:11 PM   
Gregory Tenn

Refs missed an obvious helping the runner call by the offensive lineman on the near td by Rothlisberger.  It wouldnt matter as it is a ten yard penalty and they would have kicked a fieldgoal but they would have saved a challenge.
Post #: 262
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 7:01:57 PM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gregory Tenn

Refs missed an obvious helping the runner call by the offensive lineman on the near td by Rothlisberger.  It wouldnt matter as it is a ten yard penalty and they would have kicked a fieldgoal but they would have saved a challenge.

That happens so often now they don't bother calling it. I wish they would get back to saying that it is illegal

Fargo
Post #: 263
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 7:20:51 PM   
Lynn G.

Excellent halftime! "Born to Run" was our anthem in college.

Post #: 264
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 9:27:42 PM   
Lynn G.

How do they not review that forward motion at the end of the game? His arm was going forward!

Post #: 265
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 10:31:27 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Steelers 40-something

Cards 24 (a couple of late scores and 2 pt coversions make it look better than it is).

Game will start off good, but a beatdown will ensue once nerves get settled.  Kurt Warner finishes the game, but is drilled all day/night. 

Steelers set a Super Bowl sack record tonight.

Fail.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 266
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 10:55:09 PM   
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

How do they not review that forward motion at the end of the game? His arm was going forward!

I agree.  I think it was a fumble though because the only reason his arm went forward is because he was hit.

But even so, it should have been reviewed.

Great game by Holmes and Tomlin.  Like I have been saying all year, Tomlin is a great coach. 

Youngest HC to win the SB.  If they ever get their running game untracked they really will be tough to beat.

Post #: 267
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 11:09:17 PM   
Mark Anderson

Explain to me how 2 officials(2 flags thrown) see the Harrison sucker punches and he doesn't get ejected.
Post #: 268
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 11:12:08 PM   
John Childress

The officiating was NOT good.

The 15 yarder for a shove in the back of Big Ben 1 spit second after he was throwing?  Then on AZ's last scoring drive Warner is nailed in the exact same manner with no flag.

But that is not what lost this game for AZ.  Warner lost this game EXACTLY like Brady lost last year - by refusing to try to go to the best WR in football until the end of the game.  It was almost identical with Fitz playing the role of Moss and just like Moss watching on the sidelines while the other team scored in the last minute to win the game.

The series at the end of the half was brutal.  6 plays in the Red Zone and not one fade to Fitz before the INT.

Post #: 269
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 11:16:48 PM   
Mark Anderson

You could honestly say that AZ outplayed PITT.   The INT was terrible.  And then not being able to tackle him.  

Harrison looked like KWill in Dallas in 2007.  Rumbling, bumbling, stumbling.
Post #: 270
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 11:26:27 PM   
John Childress

AZ outplayed them but for a few key plays.  Also, Warner (despite great numbers) did not have a great game.  Fitz made his numbers far better than his passing really was.  He almost got a couple of WRs split in two with high throws and even on the completions for most of the game he wasn't hitting guys in stride.

Ben missed a sure TD with an underthrow and the announcers were talking about Cromartie but once again he was beat.  This time Ben was short on the throw whereas last game McNabb laid it right in there to Jackson.

Post #: 271
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/1/2009 11:35:59 PM   
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I see on ESPN they just mentioned that they did  review that final play and it was a fumble.

Post #: 272
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/2/2009 5:48:03 AM   
Todd M

They also missed a 15 yarder at the end for using the ball as a prop.
Post #: 273
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/2/2009 6:50:47 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

The officiating was NOT good.

The 15 yarder for a shove in the back of Big Ben 1 spit second after he was throwing?  Then on AZ's last scoring drive Warner is nailed in the exact same manner with no flag.

But that is not what lost this game for AZ.  Warner lost this game EXACTLY like Brady lost last year - by refusing to try to go to the best WR in football until the end of the game.  It was almost identical with Fitz playing the role of Moss and just like Moss watching on the sidelines while the other team scored in the last minute to win the game.

The series at the end of the half was brutal.  6 plays in the Red Zone and not one fade to Fitz before the INT.

How long was it into the game before Warner had even thrown a pass 10 yards past the LOS?

I still can't believe Arizona's O-Line couldn't hold back a 3 man rush to set up a jump ball for Fitz.

It was a good game knowing that in todays NFL anyone can win. I don't miss boring SB's with dynasties vs 2nd rate reps.
Post #: 274
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/2/2009 9:57:53 AM   
Steve Lentz

I thought Warner played very well. That TD pass to Fitz was because he hit him perfectly in stride down the middle of the field. I agree the OL was being dominated by the Steelers and Lebeau's pressure packages.

Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode