Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  68 69 [70] 71 72   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/5/2017 10:15:37 PM   

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1726
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/5/2017 10:16:27 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

i have been catching up on the locked vikings thread and game day threads from my trip into the bermuda triangle...

God Walsh was horrific... not sorry to see him gone.. the missed field goals was barely tolerable but his missing of extra points and chip shot field goals was INEXCUSABLE>>>

Dude was paid more money than most real workers will ever see in two lifetimes of 30 years working , he was paid to kick a fn football reasonably straight thru some goal posts... and he SUCKED AT IT..

No tears from me.

He made me cry.
Post #: 1727
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/6/2017 11:58:26 AM   
Tim Cady

He made me cry too! I think I will cry tears if Adrian remains on this team as well. Please move on do a pro con list, seriously...UNCLE. I still blame his fumble at the 50 that set Seahawks up for the winning margin field goal as bigger reason for Seattle game loss than Walsh, IMO, without it we win 9-7 IMO.

Thanks for nice note Brad! Good date on you!

Bohumm you are either on something
or onto something!
I think being a Vikings fan can definitely exacerbate an existing problem, I got out of treatment the day of the Farve (bounty gate) NFC Championship game. I knew something was different when I survived that outcome!

< Message edited by Tim Cady -- 3/9/2017 10:24:50 AM >

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 1728
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/6/2017 2:00:25 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

Was at a little meeting yesterday and they gave me a 7 year medallion. Only took me about 29 years to get it! So, I want people to know that miracles do happen. And for that I am grateful.

Don't know how the hell I missed this ... But I apologize Tim.
I'm proud to say I've met you.
Fantastic guy. A giver in every way. Has been a big deal his whole life, giving back to communities he lives in, and now giving back to people in need.
Damn proud to know you, my friend.
And couldn't be prouder of your journey.
You are stronger than you knew and better than me and most I know.
Have a wonderful life.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1729
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/6/2017 2:02:08 PM   
SoMnFan

Met Tim at a game where our kids were competing against each other.
Know how I picked him out?

The awesome Vikings jacket.
He's a true, real, Vikings fan, people.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1730
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/6/2017 2:05:14 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Was at a little meeting yesterday and they gave me a 7 year medallion. Only took me about 29 years to get it! So, I want people to know that miracles do happen. And for that I am grateful.

Good on ya mate!

Keep it up.

I can't say I've suffered from addiction, other than to cigarettes which I broke 17 years ago.

So I can only imagine the daily struggle.

God bless

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1731
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/6/2017 2:30:58 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

Has it been seven years? Gawd I must be getting old because time is flying so fast.

So proud of you and so happy for the new life you've created. No looking back - it's all sun and rainbows ahead of you.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1732
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/6/2017 10:23:47 PM   
bohumm

quote:

He made me cry too! I think I will cry tears if Adrian remains on this team as well. Please move on do a pro con list, seriously...UNCLE. I still blame his fumble at the 50 that set Seahawks up for the winning margin field as bigger reason for Seattle game loss than Walsh, IMO, without it we win 10-7 IMO.

Thanks for nice note Brad! Good date on you!

Bohumm you are either on something
or onto something!
I think being a Vikings fan can definitely exacerbate an existing problem, I got out of treatment the day of the Farve (bounty gate) NFC Championship game. I knew something was different when I survived that outcome!

Haven't been on anything since 12/6/83. See what I mean?
Post #: 1733
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/7/2017 12:21:40 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

I knew something was different when I survived that outcome!

I haven't been logged in a lot the last week or so but ... Cool stuff. I'm glad your clean!
Post #: 1734
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/7/2017 12:27:12 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

Haven't been on anything since 12/6/83. See what I mean?

Whoa! I must have gotten your date mixed up. I had no idea you had me by 820 days or 2 years 2 months and 27 days. I'm probably lucky I made it through that stretch.

Glad to hear your living the good life!
Post #: 1735
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/7/2017 12:30:23 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

2/14/88

Shit, it must be getting late, I thought I was making PMs

Way to go Brad! I bet you have some funny stories.
Post #: 1736
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/7/2017 8:57:24 AM   
Tim Cady

SMF - You're A Hall of Famer (giving back to the community you live in) in my Book!

Lynn - You have always been a kind friend who I was never afraid to be vulnerable with and not too many people are on both sides of my journey in that respect. Thank You!

Bohumm - Inspired by you and that was a Common Man line I was using on you!

Ricky same as Bohumm you model a great example for me.

Trekgeek- Thanks for the blessing. I am blessed that this life is a preference. I really have no struggles with it as long as I am spiritually healthy. My easiest way of knowing I am slipping spiritually is if I feel entitled to judge others. When I start living in fear. When Fear stands for F#$% Everything and Run versus Face Everything and Recover.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 1737
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/21/2017 10:33:56 AM   
Lynn G.

Happy birthday Sammy!

I hope the January thaw is just what you needed to have a super day.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1738
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 1/21/2017 4:28:44 PM   
Ricky J

Happy Birthday, Sammy! Foggy down there on the river in Bear country?
Post #: 1739
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/4/2017 9:26:30 AM  1 votes
Todd M

No matter what life is pretty challenging.

Been a unique year for me, that's for sure.

I just want to share the best of it.

1 year after diagnosis and checking in with a fasting blood glucose number of 10.7 I am thrilled to be scoring 4.6 to 4.9 every morning. I'm not sure many can appreciate how good that is. That's after leg 4 - no meds, little monitoring, and pretty much full indulgence eating whatever I want. People in diabetes circles don't even want to hear shit like that. But it is what it is. I hit the reset button. That or it's too easy to call what I drove myself to diabetes. With this forever stuck with meds and/or food restrictions deal. I don't know. I do know that dr insulin pusher couldn't have been more wrong...

I'm like really really super active without the addition of any additional, purposeful exercise. And I ingest really good shit every single day. Phytoplankton, spirulina, and recently R-Alpha Lipoic Acid and those things without any weight gain has got my blood sugars humming along. The latter has recently been something that has finally turned the neuropathy in my feet around. One thing hindering me from adding the purposeful exercise I want. To train for things.

I guess that's all. Hope this year is even better with greater strides. And I hope you all have things happen in you're life where you're just like - wow, that went well. Best of luck...
Post #: 1740
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/7/2017 8:54:29 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Since October 25th, 2016....

My personal life has been unspeakably bad.. and while I have it on the authority of highly paid experts in multiple fields, that there is nothing really wrong, that time will prove that I have been unfairly victimized... it is a long and arduous process to reach MY goal of getting my life back together.

I am proud of all of you who have persevered against incredible odds and many naysayers.

I thank you for sharing your courage and struggles, it helps me with mine.

My struggle is of a more personal nature, not an addiction or a physical issue.

It is, however, a thing I would not wish on anyone.

After this is all said and done..

I may share my story...

I'm not sure if I can....

I just want you to know... thanks... sometimes all I need is a place to be inspired and to talk, if even only to the blank space that I fill with drivel......

😒

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1741
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2017 7:07:02 AM   
Todd M

It's easy to say - hey things will get better...but I don't believe in karma and fate and all that...I don't think anything is supposed to work out just because someone deserves it.

I will say that on the other side of this I hope you enjoy a long hug from your girl and the release of all those years of frustration with the Vikes when they finally win it all. Whatever else life is...I hope for those two things for you. Sooner the better for the one.
Post #: 1742
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2017 7:07:56 AM   
Ricky J

Believe!

Believe down deep it will work out and it will.
Post #: 1743
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2017 8:59:34 AM   
Todd M

I think in general being negative can have a greater influence on something not working out than what a positive outlook has on something working out.

Being positive probably pays some dividends but what world do we live in where it's absolute? Sometimes a family can believe all they want and keep a super positive outlook and still lose a child to cancer, and sometimes the most negative POS, one who hates life and inflicts pain on others hits the jackpot.
Post #: 1744
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2017 9:04:42 AM   
Lynn G.

Dan, sometimes just letting it all hang out is the best way to get to the point where you can turn it around and start working your way back up. I think you know that this site is pretty damn supportive of people dealing with tough times - so feel free to vent. Or friends, hired professionals (counselors), whatever feels most comfortable to you ... but it probably would be good to let it flow.

Post #: 1745
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2017 10:42:59 AM   
Lars

Danimal - wish you the best, truly.

Hang in there, man!!

<this space for rent>
Post #: 1746
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/8/2017 3:55:24 PM   
Steve Lentz

Sorry it's such a tough time Dan. I believe you can overcome many things that seem insurmountable. I've seen it happen with family and friends. I'm hopeful that you get through this and become stronger because of it.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1747
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/14/2017 12:24:27 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

It's Valentines Day somewhere... and in ten hours I will begin a journey into a professional minefield that will ultimately determine, even with my best effort, the path of my last years of my life.

An entire life, spent trying to follow a truth, that in the end, may turn out to be nothing but a self imposed deception, a lie, if you will, of the reality of the American social equivalency of normalcy and sanity.

I am scared.

Every. Stinking. Time.

When I believe that the correct path is obvious and that my choice is clear, that if I do what I must to follow my heart and trust in what I believe is the right thing to do... I end up being wrong....

I can no longer trust my own ability to judge what is right...

But I damn sure know what is wrong, and I will not go that path....

Tomorrow, or today actually, I am forcing, literally forcing myself, to put my life into the hands and judgement of a person I have never yet laid eyes upon.

I am sorry that "this" is purposely vague, but I am struggling with trust and faith issues that are overwhelming my ability to reason.

There is one person here, who I have "spilled" to, and I hope that person understands how grateful I am for the respect, confidence and privacy, and small measures of advice that have been given to me in my difficulties.

I thank you all for putting up with this disjointed "rant" ....

I truely hope to clarify my situation, some day, even though I have been advised that too much honesty and openness in this case will lead to no good, in some opinions.

Again I apologize for being vague, but the writing I have been doing is more a cathartic exercise than anything else.

I am soooooooooo tired.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1748
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/14/2017 3:39:56 AM   
SoMnFan

Fight my man.
Don't think others don't care.
We do.
We're all overwhelmed at different times, by different things, and its good to hear you get some relief by writing down your thoughts.
No worries about if we get it, or don't. Write away my man.
Some of us have been here a long time and would never turn on you.
Our love for one team, or a couple teams, has brought us here, but our feelings for each other make us log in every day, there's little doubt about that. .
Be strong, do what you gotta do. And then get back in here and let us know just what it is you have survived. Because you will.
Post #: 1749
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 2/14/2017 6:58:32 AM   
Ricky J

Wishing you the best, Dan!
Post #: 1750
Page:   <<   < prev  68 69 [70] 71 72   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  68 69 [70] 71 72   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode