Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes water cooler thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  70 71 [72] 73 74   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/15/2017 8:19:33 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Guy and gals:

I cleared a MAJOR hurdle today Tuesday in my fight for normalcy.

Again I am not ready to share details but I just wanted to let you know that I have finally racked up a score in the win column for myself and family!!

Today was a great day..

Post #: 1776
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/15/2017 9:45:30 AM   
bohumm

quote:

Guy and gals:

Again I am not ready to share details but I just wanted to let you know that I have finally racked up a score in the win column for myself and family!!

Today was a great day..

Good news. Hang in there.
Post #: 1777
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/28/2017 10:22:29 AM   
Tim Cady

Thinking Positive thoughts for you Dan!

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 1778
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/28/2017 6:58:57 PM  1 votes
DeLain

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Anybody on this board live in Seattle?

Delain does...

It would have been nice to meet up Ricky. I just saw this post. I usually am more involved with this board this time f year but not having a 1st rounder kind of takes the air out of things.
Post #: 1779
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/29/2017 9:27:31 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

Guy and gals:

Today was a great day..

Good news. Hang in there.

Dan sorry this reply is so late, but all the best to you.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1780
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/29/2017 11:10:14 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Anybody on this board live in Seattle?

Delain does...

It would have been nice to meet up Ricky. I just saw this post. I usually am more involved with this board this time f year but not having a 1st rounder kind of takes the air out of things.

We had a great time! I love the place.
Post #: 1781
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/29/2017 6:14:51 PM   
Todd M

Not like I've been to a ton of American cities or anything but there was something I really loved about being in Seattle.
Post #: 1782
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/29/2017 7:06:34 PM   
Ricky J

One of the things I'm very impressed with is how environmentally conscientious the city as a whole is ....
Post #: 1783
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/31/2017 11:49:43 AM   
Seattle is what San Francisco used to be.
Portland is what Seattle used to be.
Could live (and have) in any of those 3 places.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1784
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/31/2017 11:52:13 AM   
I know it's just natural curiosity for someone we all know for a long time going through something ... but whenever you're ready Dan, I'm sure we all are too.

Speaking of someone we all knew ... I saw Ward Peterson's doppelganger at the WHL playoff game last night in Portland. Crazy.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1785
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 3/31/2017 1:08:42 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Figures.

One guy with a past...Oh sure he's ok.
Another guy with a past...NO ****ING WAY I EVER WANT HIM ON MY TEAM.

One guy with a past people make excuses for and the other guy gets no chance.

I'm throwing up my hands. Some of you are actually trying to poo poo drug trafficking. I don't have a problem with either guy no matter how we got them if the front office did their job and vetted them appropriately.

I've said my peace. You guys want to keep arguing it...be my guest.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1786
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/16/2017 4:20:11 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I have not checked in for a while.
I went back to work on a graveyard shift job, doing CNC machine cutting of granite and marble for a specialty high end construction supply company..

I am still in the grinder that has attempted to completely destroy my family's cohesion.

I have beat back repeated attempts to destroy the things I hold most dear, one of which is My integrity and another, my values.

I have been told that my situation could take until October to shake out, but in the end, I Will Be Vindicated.

My life revolves around dates on a calendar that have no rhyme or reason to anyone but those who are attempting to destroy me.

The sad part is that they " know" they are beaten, but they refuse to admit they made a mistake, continue to make my family jump through a myriad of "performance " hoops like trained circus animals, and deliberately, with unwitting malice, dig their own graves for the time of reckoning.

4/19, 4/20, 4/26, 4/28, 5/11, ........ signposts on the journey... unremarkable days in any other context, yet those days rule my life.

4/15/2017 would have been my Father's 84th birthday.
I miss you, dad.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1787
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/16/2017 9:12:40 AM   
Lynn G.

Dan, how is your wife doing? She had some pretty major surgery if I recall correctly.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1788
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/16/2017 1:54:14 PM   
bohumm

Eyes forward, mind calm, Dan. And the rest of us. ......
Post #: 1789
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/16/2017 5:11:18 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

My wife is recovering fine.. Rylee is fine... I am fine, just stressed out about a circus sideshow instigated by a bunch of busybodies.

The problem is with the state of Nebraska.

It is a ****ued up state with ****ued up laws and ****ued up priorities. Just look at all the criminals who get to play football for "Big Red".....

Go Nebraska.. straight to hell.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1790
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 4/28/2017 9:57:24 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Quit my job last night...

Had a lead person who was nothing but critical and bitchy about everything I did because it was not " his" way..

Bitched that I was washing off the cutting machine with too much water preasure because he walked out past where I was spraying it off and got splashed... I forgot to initial a blueprint when I started the cut job and he went balistic, wouldn't let me sign it after the fact and went to the shift sup, who had to come talk to me about my "mistake, that was causing a problem, according to Juan"....

When my sup got in last night, late, I might add, I handed him my paperwork, told him I could not work under constant verbal harassment from Juan, and told him I can find a job anywhere... I quit.. then I called and left a voice mail with the plant manager that basically said the same thing.

I have no patience for a nit picking, anal retentive, backstabbing, brown nosing crybaby "lead man" who got all bent because I was not his robot slave... "yes massa", shore thing Massara... right away massa....just as you say, massa....

**** that.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 4/28/2017 9:58:43 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1791
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/1/2017 1:46:26 PM   
Lynn G.

I hope by now you've already lined up something else Dan.

I have news of a happier sort. I just returned from a weekend in St. Louis where, for the second time, I played the part of "mother of the groom." My youngest son just married the most wonderful companion and we all had a wonderful time celebrating their marriage. The weather stunk (rained the entire time which made them use the plan B for what would have been an outdoor wedding), but everything else went well.

I have now watched my two amazing, creative, smart, handsome and awesome sons find and marry women who I am thrilled to call my daughters-in-law. They both picked life partners who bring out the best in them. Life is really good.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1792
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/3/2017 1:53:55 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Congrats Lynn!

GO VIKES!
Post #: 1793
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/3/2017 9:51:20 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I have news of a happier sort. I just returned from a weekend in St. Louis where, for the second time, I played the part of "mother of the groom." My youngest son just married the most wonderful companion and we all had a wonderful time celebrating their marriage. The weather stunk (rained the entire time which made them use the plan B for what would have been an outdoor wedding), but everything else went well.

I have now watched my two amazing, creative, smart, handsome and awesome sons find and marry women who I am thrilled to call my daughters-in-law. They both picked life partners who bring out the best in them. Life is really good.

Congratulations! Much happiness to all the family.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1794
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/10/2017 3:46:47 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

no, I have not found other work, yet.. I could, I have multiple companies that want to hire me.

I have other matters, more important to take care of first, though.

I know it is hard for most people to see how not having a job is not a high priority, but trust me.. sometimes there are things more important than work..

Mine is a family issue.

I will leave it at that..

I have a very important day in my life coming up on May 11th.

The good news is that I am ready and I know it is going to be a good day on some level, the bad news is that it is not the end of my journey and I'm sure I'll have many more dates on my calendar that will interfere with "normalcy"...

such is life...

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1795
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/10/2017 4:48:00 PM   
Tim Cady

Best of luck tomorrow Dan! Thanks for shout out on other thread.

Congratulations Lynn, I am really happy for you and your family. My daughter got married last August and I am grateful that she married a caring man, who seems to put her first and treat her like the Princess that I think she is.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 1796
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/10/2017 5:27:07 PM   
bohumm

quote:

no, I have not found other work, yet.. I could, I have multiple companies that want to hire me.

I know it is hard for most people to see how not having a job is not a high priority, but trust me.. sometimes there are things more important than work..

Mine is a family issue.

The good news is that I am ready and I know it is going to be a good day on some level, the bad news is that it is not the end of my journey and I'm sure I'll have many more dates on my calendar that will interfere with "normalcy"...

such is life...

Good luck Dan. Pulling for you......
Post #: 1797
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/10/2017 5:31:00 PM   
Steve Lentz

Stay tough Danno!
Lot of us in here care.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1798
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/11/2017 9:45:23 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Mine is a family issue.

such is life...

Good Karma is coming your way.

I have some to spare so I am sending it to you.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1799
RE: Vikes water cooler thread - 5/11/2017 10:23:07 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Congrats Lynn...just saw this.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1800
Page:   <<   < prev  70 71 [72] 73 74   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Vikes water cooler thread Page: <<   < prev  70 71 [72] 73 74   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode