Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General NHL Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Talk Page: <<   < prev  169 170 [171] 172 173   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/19/2020 10:57:09 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Damn
Doc Emerick retiring
I've always enjoyed him
Weird little duck, but great at what he does

I didn’t hear that! He’s a great announcer. Is there any way he can take Pierre with him?
Post #: 4251
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/19/2020 10:58:04 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

Damn
Doc Emerick retiring
I've always enjoyed him

I didn’t hear that! He’s a great announcer. Is there any way he can take Pierre with him?

I first heard weird little duck retiring from broadcasts, and rejoiced, figuring it was Pierre
Nope

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4252
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/19/2020 11:01:22 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

Damn
Doc Emerick retiring
I've always enjoyed him

I first heard weird little duck retiring from broadcasts, and rejoiced, figuring it was Pierre
Nope

Ha! We couldn’t be so lucky. Eddie O and some Canadian vet announcer with experience would be a good pairing. And no friggin’ name droppers!!!
Post #: 4253
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/19/2020 11:07:06 AM   
SoMnFan

"I saw this kid on a rink surrounded by chicken wire in FlinFlon on a Tuesday night one year, I knew he'd be the next great star in this league"

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4254
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/19/2020 11:12:29 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

"I saw this kid on a rink surrounded by chicken wire in FlinFlon on a Tuesday night one year, I knew he'd be the next great star in this league"

This guy was a great assistant coach in the First Nations League in Moosejaw. He’s a great addition to the Maple Leafs bench. Damn, it’s actually entertaining, now that I think about it!
Post #: 4255
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/19/2020 11:15:04 AM   
SoMnFan

Same thought
As long as you don't do a drinking game to his stupid stuff
Learned that lesson the hard way

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4256
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/19/2020 11:17:49 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

Same thought
As long as you don't do a drinking game to his stupid stuff
Learned that lesson the hard way

Ha! I bet you did!
Post #: 4257
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/22/2020 2:40:35 PM   
Mr. Ed

NHL announces it has postponed the 2021 Winter Classic that was scheduled to be hosted by the #mnwild at Target Field on Jan.1. League said it plans to return to Minnesota for the event in the near future.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4258
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/22/2020 2:42:36 PM   
SoMnFan

Might know
Finally get one
and POOF!

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4259
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 8:20:04 AM   
twinsfan

The Arizona Coyotes renounced the rights to 2020 NHL Draft pick Mitchell Miller after it was revealed that he repeatedly used racial slurs and abused a Black, disabled classmate named Isaiah Meyer-Crothers.

Craig Harris and Jose M. Romero of the Arizona Republic reported Tuesday that Miller admitted four years ago to an Ohio juvenile court that he bullied Meyer-Crothers repeatedly, while also using the n-word against him. Among the most vicious acts, Miller and another unnamed student made Meyer-Crothers lick a lollipop that had been previously wiped against a bathroom urinal. As a result, Meyer-Crothers had to undergo tests for HIV, hepatitis, and various other sexually transmitted diseases. All of the tests came back negative.

------------------------

Racists suck. Bullies suck. Fade away Mitchell Miller.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4260
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 8:25:24 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

The Arizona Coyotes renounced the rights to 2020 NHL Draft pick Mitchell Miller after it was revealed that he repeatedly used racial slurs and abused a Black, disabled classmate named Isaiah Meyer-Crothers.

Craig Harris and Jose M. Romero of the Arizona Republic reported Tuesday that Miller admitted four years ago to an Ohio juvenile court that he bullied Meyer-Crothers repeatedly, while also using the n-word against him. Among the most vicious acts, Miller and another unnamed student made Meyer-Crothers lick a lollipop that had been previously wiped against a bathroom urinal. As a result, Meyer-Crothers had to undergo tests for HIV, hepatitis, and various other sexually transmitted diseases. All of the tests came back negative.

------------------------

Racists suck. Bullies suck. Fade away Mitchell Miller.

If you want to feel sick to your stomach, here's an article on it:

https://sports.yahoo.com/coyotes-top-draft-pick-mitchell-144918286.html

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4261
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 8:28:14 AM   
SoMnFan

Cannot believe they let this slip thru their system of picking players

Disgusting story, disgusting person for much of his life
Lots of other bad people are gonna rally around and say "he was a stupid kid"
This goes beyond that imo.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4262
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 8:32:52 AM   
SoMnFan

Good to see the Yotes cut ties
Thats what I figured NHL teams would do
Once they realized what he was, they didn't care how much it cost them, he was eradicated
Good on them, eventually.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4263
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 10:14:41 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Where's Brian Burke these days?
Post #: 4264
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 10:15:33 AM   
SoMnFan

Still duckin and dodgin

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4265
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 11:23:53 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

Once they realized what he was, they didn't care how much it cost them, he was eradicated

The guy made a huge huge mistake.

What jobs/careers will society allow him to actually have for the rest of his life?

Can he be a teacher? Counsler?

If he gets a job with the Post Office are we going to write our congressman?

Are we to refuse packages if he gets a job with FedEx or UPS?

What is his salary ceiling that is acceptable to the mob?

He likely could have killed somebody driving drunk as a 17 year old and faced less ramifications.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 10/30/2020 11:26:54 AM >
Post #: 4266
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 11:35:00 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

What jobs/careers will society allow him to actually have for the rest of his life?

He likely could have killed somebody driving drunk as a 17 year old and faced less ramifications.

hear ya
As someone who's been involved in cutting slack to many many stupid teen-agers through the years, I get that sentiment
There's layers to this thing, if you haven't read them all
Such as this kid, and his family, offering no REAL apologies or changes, after all this time
They assumed the usual lip service would let him skate through. Nope. People checked. He's got work to do.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4267
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 11:46:07 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

hear ya
As someone who's been involved in cutting slack to many many stupid teen-agers through the years, I get that sentiment
There's layers to this thing, if you haven't read them all
Such as this kid, and his family, offering no REAL apologies or changes, after all this time
They assumed the usual lip service would let him skate through. Nope. People checked. He's got work to do.

The other bully personally apologized. This bully did not. No remorse.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4268
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 11:56:42 AM   
twinsfan

The kid that was bullied was also mentally behind his peers. Makes what the bullies did even worse. Gave him a lollipop dunked in a urinal? REALLY?? The bullied kid said he thought he was becoming friends with the cool kids.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4269
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 12:16:29 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

The kid that was bullied was also mentally behind his peers. Makes what the bullies did even worse. Gave him a lollipop dunked in a urinal? REALLY?? The bullied kid said he thought he was becoming friends with the cool kids.

Yes, I read it a couple days ago. Awful stuff.

My question is more of a general question. Should second chances have a "ceiling"? Who decides when it's time for a second chance? Social Media?
Post #: 4270
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 1:05:33 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

My question is more of a general question. Should second chances have a "ceiling"? Who decides when it's time for a second chance? Social Media?

I don't know if their is a magic line drawn. NASCAR just reinstated Kyle Larson after he thoroughly owned what he had said, attended sensitivity training and due to the work he has done over the years in helping minority youths break into racing.

I guess second chances have to be earned. Miller clearly hasn't done anything to earn his second chance yet.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 4271
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/30/2020 4:34:45 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

I think that behavior should determine who benefits second chances. If the kid started an anti bullying program and encouraged the kid he bullied to help him out, that would demonstrate that he’s learned something. My understanding of the situation is that he has still been a prick to the victim by not apologizing to him or making other concessions. He seems to be a punk who isn’t going to learn his lesson very easily.
Post #: 4272
RE: General NHL Talk - 10/31/2020 11:23:48 AM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think that behavior should determine who benefits second chances. If the kid started an anti bullying program and encouraged the kid he bullied to help him out, that would demonstrate that he’s learned something. My understanding of the situation is that he has still been a prick to the victim by not apologizing to him or making other concessions. He seems to be a punk who isn’t going to learn his lesson very easily.

From what I gather the only thing this kid is sorry about is that he got caught and the problems it has created for him.
No remorse or empathy.....rather Trump-like.
Post #: 4273
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/2/2020 12:53:37 PM   
SoMnFan

The NHL and the NHL Players' Association announced on Oct. 6 that they have shifted their target date for starting the 2020-21 season to Jan. 1, 2021, after initially targeting Dec. 1.
The NHL has updated its board of governors and general managers on progress. It has had discussions with the NHLPA, including executive director Don Fehr, regarding the players' desires for next season. As of Friday, the NHL hadn't had a negotiating session with the NHLPA's "return to play" committee of about 10 players but did have one call with the NHLPA representative on that committee.
"It's premature to be drawing up plans [when] you don't have a real good idea as to whether they're practical, feasible or going to be put in place," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told ESPN last week. "At some point, we have to do it. But I think to this point, it's been the general sentiment that we don't know enough yet to get more granular than we've been."
The mantra from NHL commissioner Gary Bettman has been that the 2020-21 season doesn't necessarily have to end the way that it begins. The subtext to that: The NHL fully intends to have fans back in its home arenas at some point this season.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4274
RE: General NHL Talk - 11/2/2020 4:04:50 PM   
Mr. Ed

I can't believe Don Fehr is still in charge of something. Dude has been around a long time.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 4275
Page:   <<   < prev  169 170 [171] 172 173   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Talk Page: <<   < prev  169 170 [171] 172 173   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode