Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 11/26/2007 7:09:35 PM   
Jim Frenette

Saturday the Gophers were suppose to be on ESPN 360 which is an online network. I went there put my zip in and it then asked what provider I was on it had the satellites and Charter in Roseville which is mine. I finish the necessary information sheet and click submit and it says it isn't available even after being advertised. Did I miss something like a plug in or do I need a TC card?
Post #: 26
RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 11/26/2007 7:42:09 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I watched a game on there last year but nothing recently. I don't remember having to do anything but click on it. No registration process or anything. It must have changed. I'll check it out tonight for ya.
Post #: 27
RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 11/27/2007 5:46:42 PM   
Jim Frenette

Tonight at 6:30 we get a chance to see this Tubby lead team for the first time vs Fla St. Thank You ESPN 2
Post #: 28
RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 11/28/2007 5:18:55 AM   
lylej

What was with the HUGE disparity on free throw shots in the Florida State-Gophers game? They shoot 30+ free throw shots and we shoot 10!!!! What's up with that? Home Town Refs??
Post #: 29
RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 11/29/2007 7:21:37 AM   
Cheesehead Craig

I said this about Tubby Smith when he was hired and I'll say it here. The Gophers will win the Big 10 within 5 years. Tubby is that good of a coach and a recruiter. He's going to bring some serious B-Ball back to MN. I'm a Badger fan and always will be, but this is what I see for the Gophers. The Tubby hire was pure genius.
Post #: 30
RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 12/2/2007 3:51:40 AM   
Dave E

[quote="Cheesehead Craig"]I said this about Tubby Smith when he was hired and I'll say it here. The Gophers will win the Big 10 within 5 years. Tubby is that good of a coach and a recruiter. He's going to bring some serious B-Ball back to MN. I'm a Badger fan and always will be, but this is what I see for the Gophers. The Tubby hire was pure genius. [/quote] I couldn't be more excited. This team is lightyears better than last years, with the same personnel. That's the difference between an elite coach and some dude who should be coaching junior high. That's not even counting the fact that Tubby will be bringing in players with actual basketball talent. Plus, the man is all class. Can't wait to get to the Barn for some of the Big 10 games. Should be like old times and better over the next few years.
Post #: 31
RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 12/2/2007 5:46:01 AM   
So.Mn.Fan

For you guys that know ... How good will Hoffarber be? I had thought when I first heard he had signed that he woul dbe in over his head, but the kid seems to have enough game to play at the level. Anyone you can compare him to yet? Good to see some young kids step up today and lead. Tollackson continues to struggle as of late. Good stuff, Dave E, glad to hear the 'tude is changing around the Barn. A strong program there always helped everything else at the U. Tubby sure seems like the right guy so far.
Post #: 32
RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 12/10/2007 7:08:47 PM   
Mr. Ed

[quote="So.Mn.Fan"]For you guys that know ... How good will Hoffarber be? I had thought when I first heard he had signed that he woul dbe in over his head, but the kid seems to have enough game to play at the level. Anyone you can compare him to yet? Good to see some young kids step up today and lead. Tollackson continues to struggle as of late. Good stuff, Dave E, glad to hear the 'tude is changing around the Barn. A strong program there always helped everything else at the U. Tubby sure seems like the right guy so far.[/quote] Hoffarber is adding some offense off the bench and Tubby is gaining confidence in him. As Tim noted LIGHT YEARS ahead of the 2006-07 Gophs.. and Monsoon is doing so well in Cali...man was he lousy.
Post #: 33
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 12/19/2007 10:28:48 AM   
Mr. Ed

Billy Gillespie is now under .500 at KU

Tubby apparently got out at the right time. Afterall, his recruits must be bad to have been over .500 with him, yet under .500 with a 'better' coach.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 34
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 12/27/2007 7:04:42 PM   
Dave E

No kidding -- Kentucky's current team might not be at the same talent level of the late 90s teams, but they sure as heck aren't a under .500 team either.  That's on Gillespie -- plus, he already drove a player out of there.  We'll see how long this lasts.

Tubby sure seems to be doing a lot more with a lot less here in Minny.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 35
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 12/27/2007 8:55:00 PM   
TJSweens

The Kentucky moron fans are blaming Tubby for the performance of the team because he didn't recruit better players. What they forget is that McDonalds All American Jai Lucas committed to Tubby at Kentucky and then backed out when Tubby took the job at the U. They credit Gillespie for recruiting Kentucky's best player this year, freshman Patrick Patterson, but he verbally committed to Tubby and kept his committment after Tubby left. The player Gillespie recruited, Legion, quit because he can't stand Gillespie.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 36
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 12/28/2007 9:45:58 AM   
Jim Frenette

Tim your knowledge keeps amazing me. Does it have no boundaries?

Fargo
Post #: 37
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 12/28/2007 10:32:00 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim Frenette

Tim your knowledge keeps amazing me. Does it have no boundaries?

It has boundries, I just have no life.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 38
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 1/5/2008 11:01:09 PM  1 votes
David Levine

Wow.

It was a loss, but on the road at the #6 team, and we gave them a serious scare. When we cut it to 1 I thought there might be a chance.

I can't wait to see what Tubby does with real talent.
Post #: 39
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 1/7/2008 9:26:44 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Wow.

It was a loss, but on the road at the #6 team, and we gave them a serious scare. When we cut it to 1 I thought there might be a chance.

Here's a note from Sid I found quite funny:

Former Gophers guard Rico Tucker shot 2-for-10 from the floor and committed 10 turnovers in 25 minutes off the bench for Pepperdine in its 90-53 loss at No. 2 Memphis on Saturday.

Another "real talent" thankfully gone from the Monson era.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 40
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 1/9/2008 3:11:22 PM   
Matt Dahl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Wow.

Here's a note from Sid I found quite funny:

Former Gophers guard Rico Tucker shot 2-for-10 from the floor and committed 10 turnovers in 25 minutes off the bench for Pepperdine in its 90-53 loss at No. 2 Memphis on Saturday.

Another "real talent" thankfully gone from the Monson era.

Rico's not exactly Trent, eh?

M
Post #: 41
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 1/10/2008 8:43:29 AM   
Mr. Ed

Nice to figure out how to beat NW...Something Monsoon couldn't get done.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 42
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 1/10/2008 10:42:56 AM   
David Levine

And beat them soundly.

Al Nolan is a hell of a freshman. Going to be nice seeing him "grow up" with all the new recruits.
Post #: 43
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 1/10/2008 10:46:51 AM  1 votes
So.Mn.Fan

I likey the Big 10 network.
I likey alot.
Great camera work in the Barn.
Felt like I was there. HD baby.
Post #: 44
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 1/10/2008 10:58:06 AM  1 votes
Jeff Jesser

Yeah, I thought the B10Net would flop but they've done a great job.  
Post #: 45
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 1/10/2008 11:24:47 AM   
Jim Frenette

No they have flopped. They need to crumble a little and get deals done with the cable companies. I used to get these games on FSN or another station and now I don't

Fargo
Post #: 46
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 1/10/2008 11:31:17 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I think I read somewhere a little while back that they were the fastest growing network.  Not true?
Post #: 47
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 1/10/2008 11:43:51 AM   
So.Mn.Fan

Let me say Directv is the greatest invention since sliced bread or color tv.
Love the ______networks (NFL, NHL, NBA, etc)
Drop your cable, get a directv dish. You won't regret it.  
Post #: 48
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 1/10/2008 11:49:21 AM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: So.Mn.Fan

Let me say Directv is the greatest invention since sliced bread or color tv.
Love the ______networks (NFL, NHL, NBA, etc)
Drop your cable, get a directv dish. You won't regret it.  

I've had Direct TV and with the way I view TV, cable works much better for me. Much easier recording a numer of different programs at a time.

Fargo
Post #: 49
RE: RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) - 1/10/2008 12:42:04 PM   
Jeff Jesser

If you're an out of towner Directv is the only way to go, IMO.  All though, I am really pissed at them right now.  They added all the new HD channels but you can't get them unless you "upgrade" again.  I've been a customer of theirs for 10 years.   And, I was an original HD guy and have already had to pay for an upgrade.  You would think they would throw you bone once in a while.  
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE:Gopher Basketball (Mens) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode