Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Gopher Football

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Football Page: <<   < prev  481 482 [483] 484 485   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gopher Football - 4/16/2020 12:09:42 PM   
David Levine

Get to know Lemeke Brockington

Height: 6’0”
Weight: 185

Power 5 Scholarship Offers:
Duke, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kentucky, Miami, Purdue, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Virginia Tech

247 Sports Composite Rating: .8739

Scouting Report:
Brockington is an up-and-coming recruit in the state of Georgia. A year ago, he held one scholarship offer and that was from Charlotte. But since finishing his junior season with 53 catches for 923 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns, he has racked up offers from nearly a dozen Power 5 programs. If you’ve watched his highlights, it’s not difficult to see why. Brockington is a versatile playmaker who can take the top off a defense or take a short pass and get yards after the catch with his speed and elusiveness. He also has good strength and even better hands, with the ability to challenge for the ball and make catches away from his body.

Highlight Videos:
https://www.hudl.com/profile/10981557/Lemeke-Brockington

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2020/4/15/21222592/minnesota-football-recruiting-2021-lemeke-brockington-wide-receiver
Post #: 12051
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 12:06:50 PM   
Mr. Ed

One of the top linebackers in Ohio in 2021 Dublin (Ohio.) Coffman linebacker Devon Williams has flipped his commitment to the Golden Gophers from Kentucky.

Williams also held early offers from schools like Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Iowa State, Indiana and others.

The 6-foot-1, 215-pound linebacker took summer / fall visits to Notre Dame, Kentucky and West Virginia before committed to Kentucky in late January. Williams has yet to visit Minnesota, but has an official visit planned to Dinkytown for post COVID-19.

The Gophers extended an offer to Williams back in January of 2019, and have been working diligently since to try and get Williams in Maroon and Gold.

Williams is currently rated the No. 31 outside linebacker in the country on 247Sports Composite ranks, with a 3-star grading of .8739, which places him as the #450 overall recruit in the country. On 247, he's graded with an 87.

He's the ninth addition to-date for the Gophers class of 2021, which currently sits at No. 12 nationally in the early 247Sports class rankings and No. 6 in the Big Ten.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12052
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 12:19:58 PM   
David Levine

After talking it over with my family I would like to announce that I am decommitted from The University of Kentucky. Thank you to the coaches, staff & fans. The opportunity given as well as the support was greatly appreciated. Next, I want to say that my recruitment is not open. I've always dreamt of playing football at the next level, but also being somewhere I know will help develop me into the man I want to be. With that being said I would like to also announce that I am 100% committed to the University of Minnesota! #RTB

Wanna give a huge thanks to my family, coaches & friends for the support!
Post #: 12053
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 12:21:28 PM   
David Levine

Get to know Devon Williams

Height: 6’1”
Weight: 215

Indiana, Iowa State, Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, and West Virginia

247 Sports Composite Rating: .8739

Scouting Report:
By now, you know what defensive coordinator Joe Rossi is looking for in a linebacker, and Williams checks all of the boxes. His athleticism is off the charts, with the versatility to rush the edge or drop into coverage. Williams has the instincts to be able to play fast and is physical enough to lower the boom on ball carriers without having to slow down before contact. He figures to be at least a standout special teams contributor, at the very least, early in his career but won’t take long before he starts making plays at linebacker.

Highlight Videos:
https://www.hudl.com/profile/5343409/Devon-Williams

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2020/4/17/21225140/minnesota-football-recruiting-2021-devon-williams-linebacker
Post #: 12054
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 2:48:17 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Gophers football team is going to be good in a year. The 2021 class is ranked as one of the best in the nation.

https://twitter.com/ZoneCoverageMN/status/1251235017122033665?s=20

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 12055
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 2:56:16 PM   
Mr. Ed

Another 4 star db commitment

Nebraska lost a four-star recruit from Omaha — and top-ranked Class of 2021 prospect — to a division rival on Friday afternoon.

Avante Dickerson, a standout defensive back from Omaha Westside, announced his commitment to Big Ten West foe Minnesota on Friday on Twitter.

Dickerson earlier this year said his top three schools were NU, Ohio State and LSU but that had shifted as more offers came in and after Buckeye defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley left for Boston College.

Nebraska offered Dickerson, a current high school junior, in March 2019. He quickly garnered the attention of several top-notch programs in the country, including the Tigers, OSU, Texas A&M and many others.

https://twitter.com/_dickerson1?lang=en

< Message edited by Mr. Ed -- 4/17/2020 2:58:36 PM >

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12056
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 3:03:35 PM   
TJSweens

Damn! The coronavirus sure hasn't shut down Fleck's recruiting. I love the list of schools we are winning recruiting battles against.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 12057
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 3:09:53 PM   
Mr. Ed

Win some big games
Get on ESPN Game Day
Win a New Year's Day Bowl Game
Get some national recoginition w/one of the best d-backs in the country

And you start winning recruiting battles

Nice.

Imagine that.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12058
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 3:17:25 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Win some big games
Get on ESPN Game Day

Nice.

Imagine that.

This one is huge. We actually beat out a couple of blue blood programs for this kid.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 12059
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 3:22:41 PM   
David Levine

If he signs with Minnesota in December, Dickerson would be the second-highest recruit to sign with the Gophers in the internet recruiting era, behind only Jeff Jones.

Get to know Avante Dickerson

Weight: 165

Arkansas, Baylor, Boston College, Duke, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Rutgers, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, USC, and Virginia

247 Sports Composite Rating: .9609

247 Sports Scouting Report:
Lanky, slender corner with short area acceleration and top end speed with ability to quickly recover. Does good job keeping plays in front of him. Smooth backpedal and gets in and out of his breaks. Good ball skills with ability to read quarterback eyes, break on ball and jump routes. Doesn’t get grabby but plays with technique. Adequate tackler, needs to add weight and continue to get stronger for next level. Projects as multi-year Power 5 starter and second-day NFL draft selection.

Highlight Videos:
https://www.hudl.com/profile/9660928/Avante-Dickerson

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2020/4/17/21225628/minnesota-football-recruiting-2021-avante-dickerson-cornerback
Post #: 12060
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 3:24:59 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Win some big games
Get on ESPN Game Day

Nice.

Imagine that.

This one is huge. We actually beat out a couple of blue blood programs for this kid.

Now, if they have a season in 2020...

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12061
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 3:25:03 PM   
David Levine

According to 247, Dickerson is the highest ranked Nebraska kid since 2008.

I think its pretty safe to say that Fleck really resonates with these kids.
Post #: 12062
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 3:27:54 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Seems to be the case.

Is backing it up.

This must be what building a program looks like. Haven't experienced this. Fun.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12063
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 5:23:50 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Seems to be the case.

Is backing it up.

That was his MO coming in. The get off my lawn types from our generation tend to roll our eyes at a lot of what Fleck might say, but it resonates with 18-22 year olds.

Post #: 12064
RE: Gopher Football - 4/17/2020 5:49:55 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

Seems to be the case.

Is backing it up.

That was his MO coming in. The get off my lawn types from our generation tend to roll our eyes at a lot of what Fleck might say, but it resonates with 18-22 year olds.

For me, Part of that is true because of Brewster and Wacker hype and BS that never panned out.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12065
RE: Gopher Football - 4/20/2020 6:59:59 AM   
SoMnFan

Outstanding couple of weeks for this program
One of the biggest things I'm waiting for, is to get the Gophers playing football again.
Rarely heard in these parts.
SO ready to go all-in on a program again.
Sure, it'll end in all of us blubbering and crying and let down, but hey, the ride will be a blast.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 12066
RE: Gopher Football - 4/20/2020 7:22:28 AM   
bstinger

quote:

One of the top linebackers in Ohio in 2021 Dublin (Ohio.) Coffman linebacker Devon Williams has flipped his commitment to the Golden Gophers from Kentucky.

Williams also held early offers from schools like Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Iowa State, Indiana and others.

The 6-foot-1, 215-pound linebacker took summer / fall visits to Notre Dame, Kentucky and West Virginia before committed to Kentucky in late January. Williams has yet to visit Minnesota, but has an official visit planned to Dinkytown for post COVID-19.

The Gophers extended an offer to Williams back in January of 2019, and have been working diligently since to try and get Williams in Maroon and Gold.

Williams is currently rated the No. 31 outside linebacker in the country on 247Sports Composite ranks, with a 3-star grading of .8739, which places him as the #450 overall recruit in the country. On 247, he's graded with an 87.

He's the ninth addition to-date for the Gophers class of 2021, which currently sits at No. 12 nationally in the early 247Sports class rankings and No. 6 in the Big Ten.

6'1" 215 sounds like a safety size wise.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 12067
RE: Gopher Football - 4/20/2020 8:58:35 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

Not in college. Senior in high school, you figure he will be at least 225 lbs before he takes the field for the Gophers.

Post #: 12068
RE: Gopher Football - 4/20/2020 4:08:24 PM   
David Levine

Ohio CB Tamarion Crumpley commits to the Gophers

Not enough internet recruiting services have had a chance to evaluate and rate Crumpley, so he does not yet have a 247 Sports Composite Rating.

Get to know Tamarion Crumpley
Weight: 175

Boston College, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan State, Pittsburgh, and Wake Forest

247 Sports Composite Rating: N/A

Scouting Report
Not much has been written about Crumpley, as he has flown under the radar to this point. He has good size at 6’0” and 175 lbs. and was a solid performer at The Opening Regional in Ohio last spring, clocking a 4.65 40, 31.2-inch vertical, and 4.38 shuttle. Those aren’t numbers that are going to turn a lot of heads, so Crumpley will have something to prove on the field this fall in his senior season. Against good high school competition, he has shown he can play man-to-man, with the ability to change direction well for a longer player. Crumpley will likely start out at cornerback at the college level, but with his size, safety is also an option.

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2020/4/20/21228027/minnesota-football-recruiting-2021-tamarion-crumpley-cornerback
Post #: 12069
RE: Gopher Football - 4/20/2020 9:43:31 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not in college. Senior in high school, you figure he will be at least 225 lbs before he takes the field for the Gophers.

I have no doubt he can add 10 lbs. I hope he can also add a couple of inches.

--twinsfan
Post #: 12070
RE: Gopher Football - 4/21/2020 4:24:12 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

Ohio CB Tamarion Crumpley commits to the Gophers

Not enough internet recruiting services have had a chance to evaluate and rate Crumpley, so he does not yet have a 247 Sports Composite Rating.

Get to know Tamarion Crumpley
Weight: 175

Boston College, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan State, Pittsburgh, and Wake Forest

247 Sports Composite Rating: N/A

Scouting Report
Not much has been written about Crumpley, as he has flown under the radar to this point. He has good size at 6’0” and 175 lbs. and was a solid performer at The Opening Regional in Ohio last spring, clocking a 4.65 40, 31.2-inch vertical, and 4.38 shuttle. Those aren’t numbers that are going to turn a lot of heads, so Crumpley will have something to prove on the field this fall in his senior season. Against good high school competition, he has shown he can play man-to-man, with the ability to change direction well for a longer player. Crumpley will likely start out at cornerback at the college level, but with his size, safety is also an option.

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2020/4/20/21228027/minnesota-football-recruiting-2021-tamarion-crumpley-cornerback

I just checked and 247 now gives Crumpley a 3 star rating for whatever that's worth.

Post #: 12071
RE: Gopher Football - 4/22/2020 7:16:52 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have no doubt he can add 10 lbs. I hope he can also add a couple of inches.

…… said every wife I know.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 12072
RE: Gopher Football - 4/22/2020 8:47:07 AM   
TJSweens

There's my boy.

Post #: 12073
RE: Gopher Football - 4/22/2020 9:27:57 AM   
bstinger

What took him so long?

--twinsfan
Post #: 12074
RE: Gopher Football - 4/22/2020 12:14:33 PM   
TJSweens

Gophers receive renewed commitment from four-star Illinois athlete

By ANDY GREDER | agreder@pioneerpress.com | Pioneer Press
PUBLISHED: April 22, 2020 at 9:18 a.m. | UPDATED: April 22, 2020 at 10:20 a.m.

The Gophers football program received a renewed commitment from Illinois athlete Sam Jackson on Wednesday.

Jackson, considered a four-star player by recruiting services, was the first pledge to Minnesota’s 2021 class back in February 2019, but had cooled on the U through last fall.

Jackson tweeted a picture of him in a Gophers uniform and helmet, with “COMMITTED” on the bottom of the image. He wrote, “No explication needed, RESPECT MY DECISION. #RTB #SKI-U-MAH”

Jackson plays quarterback at Naperville Central and is considered the seventh-best player in Illinois for next year’s class. He had offers from Notre Dame, a perceived favorite, as well as Oregon, Iowa, Wisconsin and others.

Jackson, who is listed at 5 foot 11 and 170 pounds, is the 12th commit to Minnesota’s class for next year and the seventh in April. He is the fourth, four-star recruit in the class.

Post #: 12075
Page:   <<   < prev  481 482 [483] 484 485   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Football Page: <<   < prev  481 482 [483] 484 485   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode