Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? Page: <<   < prev  219 220 [221] 222 223   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/17/2011 6:21:31 PM   
John Childress

No chance

The 49ers have too much talent at every other position to even sniff Luck

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 5501
RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/18/2011 7:51:32 AM   
Trekgeekscott

You realize I was just being fecetious, right?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5502
RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/18/2011 8:26:04 AM   
John Childress

Nope, I clearly did not

Post #: 5503
RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/22/2011 11:35:54 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

How many coaches will Alex Smith kill?

• 49ers' Harbaugh: Smith separating in QB battle
    Really Harbaugh?  Get serious

• I think Smith and the 49ers will surprise some this season. I've been down on him since he was drafted but he has weapons around him now and a stable OLine. I think the 49ers defense will be strong so Smith won't need to do too much, but he will make plays when necessary. The Niners have a seam threat in Davis, a possesion guy in crabtree and now Edwards someone who can go up and get it. I will go out on a limb and say he puts up around 3,500yds 21TDs 10INTs and 300yds rushing. Harbaugh will focus on keeping Gore fresh using Dixon and Kendall Hunter. And I do see the 49ers taking this division.
    Post #: 5504
    RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/22/2011 12:44:42 PM   
    Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

• I think Smith and the 49ers will surprise some this season. I've been down on him since he was drafted but he has weapons around him now and a stable OLine. I think the 49ers defense will be strong so Smith won't need to do too much, but he will make plays when necessary. The Niners have a seam threat in Davis, a possesion guy in crabtree and now Edwards someone who can go up and get it. I will go out on a limb and say he puts up around 3,500yds 21TDs 10INTs and 300yds rushing. Harbaugh will focus on keeping Gore fresh using Dixon and Kendall Hunter. And I do see the 49ers taking this division.

I would laugh at you if it weren't the NFC West you were talking about. 

Didn't a 7-9 team win that division last year?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
      Post #: 5505
      RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/22/2011 1:52:05 PM   
      Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

It's not as laughable as you might think. Good OLine, good weapons, solid defense, good special teams. Top to bottom they have the best team in the division, and Smith does look better out there.

Last season he had Crabtree oft injured, Davis and Josh Morgan? Anything close to typical Alex Smith season will relegate him to a career backup role that's for sure.
        Post #: 5506
        RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/22/2011 3:20:30 PM   
        Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's not as laughable as you might think. Good OLine, good weapons, solid defense, good special teams. Top to bottom they have the best team in the division, and Smith does look better out there.

Last season he had Crabtree oft injured, Davis and Josh Morgan? Anything close to typical Alex Smith season will relegate him to a career backup role that's for sure.

He should have been relegated there already.

SF screwed up taking him first.

Post #: 5507
          RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/23/2011 6:07:16 AM   
          SoMnFan

I barely care that it was "only" pre-season.
          Seeing Chicago take an ass-whipping is fun anytime.
          Giants spanked 'em last night.

Work like a Captain.
          Play like a Pirate.
          Post #: 5508
          RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/23/2011 3:27:54 PM   
          David Levine

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The young quarterback dropped back smoothly in the pocket, looked off the safety and dropped a gorgeous touch pass over the coverage and into the corner of the end zone. His surprised target came out of his break to see the ball arcing downward, and reached up to snatch it just beyond a cornerback’s flailing arms.

Wooooooooooo! numerous Denver Broncos players exclaimed in unison, marveling at the inexperienced passer’s chutzpah and skill.

Yep, Broncos fans – it seems Adam Weber(notes), a rookie free agent from Minnesota, has a little bit of game.

“He threw that ball before the receiver made his cut, and it came down in the dude’s hands like, ‘Merry Christmas,’ ” Pro Bowl wideout Brandon Lloyd(notes) recalled Monday. “He’s thrown four or five passes like that in camp where it’s been like … whoa. Weber’s got personality, and he’s got some swag about him, too.”

If you’re wondering about the plight of that other inexperienced passer on the Broncos’ roster – how far and fast he has fallen in the eyes of his bosses – consider that at least some people in the organization believe that Tim Tebow(notes) is the fourth-best quarterback on the roster.

As one highly knowledgeable member of the organization told me Monday, “If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy. Kyle [Orton] is far and away the best, and Tebow’s way behind [Brady] Quinn, too. And I’m telling you, Adam Weber is flat-out better right now.”

Translation: Tebow, you’re not in Florida anymore.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_denver_broncos_quarterbacks_082311
          Post #: 5509
          RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/23/2011 3:37:13 PM   
          Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The young quarterback dropped back smoothly in the pocket, looked off the safety and dropped a gorgeous touch pass over the coverage and into the corner of the end zone. His surprised target came out of his break to see the ball arcing downward, and reached up to snatch it just beyond a cornerback’s flailing arms.

Wooooooooooo! numerous Denver Broncos players exclaimed in unison, marveling at the inexperienced passer’s chutzpah and skill.

Yep, Broncos fans – it seems Adam Weber(notes), a rookie free agent from Minnesota, has a little bit of game.

“He threw that ball before the receiver made his cut, and it came down in the dude’s hands like, ‘Merry Christmas,’ ” Pro Bowl wideout Brandon Lloyd(notes) recalled Monday. “He’s thrown four or five passes like that in camp where it’s been like … whoa. Weber’s got personality, and he’s got some swag about him, too.”

If you’re wondering about the plight of that other inexperienced passer on the Broncos’ roster – how far and fast he has fallen in the eyes of his bosses – consider that at least some people in the organization believe that Tim Tebow(notes) is the fourth-best quarterback on the roster.

As one highly knowledgeable member of the organization told me Monday, “If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy. Kyle [Orton] is far and away the best, and Tebow’s way behind [Brady] Quinn, too. And I’m telling you, Adam Weber is flat-out better right now.”

Translation: Tebow, you’re not in Florida anymore.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_denver_broncos_quarterbacks_082311

I said it before last year's draft. 

Tebow is a 4 year project at best. 

Post #: 5510
          RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/24/2011 10:56:25 AM   
          John Childress

Tebow is most overhyped player in history

He was a LB playing QB in college

Half the guys on this board can probably throw a more accurate ball

He is not a QB

He is a worse QB prospect than Pryor

Post #: 5511
          RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/24/2011 11:10:48 AM   
          David Levine

And Denver traded up in the 1st for him...
          Post #: 5512
          RE: RE:NFL News - 8/26/2011 6:27:42 PM   
          John Childress

Freeman is a guy I wish WE had as QB!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/24173/josh-freeman-vs-sam-bradford

Post #: 5513
          RE: RE:NFL News - 8/29/2011 10:43:01 PM   
          Bruce Johnson

This story is hard for me to believe.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6907779/philadelphia-eagles-michael-vick-agree-six-year-contract

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
          Post #: 5514
          RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? - 8/30/2011 7:58:13 AM   
          Trekgeekscott

quote:

Tebow is most overhyped player in history

He was a LB playing QB in college

Half the guys on this board can probably throw a more accurate ball

He is not a QB

He is a worse QB prospect than Pryor

and the Broncos will keep him to justify where they drafted him and because they traded up to do so...and they will dump Adam Weber who has had a much better training camp/preseason. 

Post #: 5515
          RE: RE:NFL News - 8/30/2011 7:59:55 AM   
          Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

This story is hard for me to believe.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6907779/philadelphia-eagles-michael-vick-agree-six-year-contract

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

What the Eagles really need is more of a caretaker who can throw an accurate deep pass.  They should have traded Vick and kept Kolb. 

You want to know how to beat the Eagles?  Watch what the Vikings did to them last year...

Post #: 5516
          RE: RE:NFL News - 8/30/2011 8:36:24 AM   
          John Childress

Way overpaid

But no way should they have kept Kolb - he flat out sucks.  The guy has a losing record on a team where every other QB in the last 12 years has a winning record.

Post #: 5517
          RE: RE:NFL News - 8/30/2011 9:25:51 AM   
          Trekgeekscott

quote:

Way overpaid

But no way should they have kept Kolb - he flat out sucks.  The guy has a losing record on a team where every other QB in the last 12 years has a winning record.

WTF?  He's on the Cardinals.. they have no record with him on it.  He was last on the Eagles, who, before him, had Donovan McNabb and maybe a Koy Detmer or something prior to Michael Vick. 

What's he started maybe 10 games?  Certainly not a large enough sample size to judge IMHO. 

He's going to do well with Larry Fitzgerald to throw to.  And given ample opportunities he would have excelled with DeSean Jackson as well IMHO. 

Only time will tell.  But I think in the end, the eagles are going to regret sending Kolb to the Cardinals.

Please don't take this as I hthink Kolb is some wunderkind...but I think he's better than you're giving him credit for.

Post #: 5518
          RE: RE:NFL News - 8/30/2011 10:04:15 PM   
          thebigo

quote:

quote:

Way overpaid

WTF?  He's on the Cardinals.. they have no record with him on it.  He was last on the Eagles, who, before him, had Donovan McNabb and maybe a Koy Detmer or something prior to Michael Vick. 

What's he started maybe 10 games?  Certainly not a large enough sample size to judge IMHO. 

He's going to do well with Larry Fitzgerald to throw to.  And given ample opportunities he would have excelled with DeSean Jackson as well IMHO. 

Only time will tell.  But I think in the end, the eagles are going to regret sending Kolb to the Cardinals.

Please don't take this as I hthink Kolb is some wunderkind...but I think he's better than you're giving him credit for.

Is that a large enough sample size to throw $65M at him?
          Post #: 5519
          RE: RE:NFL News - 8/30/2011 10:10:36 PM   
          thebigo

Both Kolb and Vick are WAY overpaid. Unless the contracts are severely back loaded.

With contracts like this, Arizona will continue to bottom feed. On top of giving up a 2nd round pick & a probowl corner for him. I think Vick's contract will end up being an albatross around Philthy's neck.
          Post #: 5520
          RE: RE:NFL News - 8/31/2011 11:42:53 AM   
          Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Way overpaid

Is that a large enough sample size to throw $65M at him?

Of course not.

I wasn't talking about his contract.  I was responding to the assertion that he "flat out sucks" based on having a losing record on a team that all other QBs have had winning records for in the past 12 years.  

It was foolish for the Cards to pay that much.  They may end up regretting that.   It's probably more likely that they wont, but wont rejoice about it either.  I see Kolb as serviceable.  Can he completely blow chunks?  Sure.  Could he rise above the bullshit and become a star?  I think there is an equal chance of that as with him flat out sucking. 

Post #: 5521
          RE: RE:NFL News - 8/31/2011 1:34:52 PM   
          David Levine

Its an amazing amount of money for a guy who has started 7 games, played a bit in 12 more, but has only attempted 319 passes and has 11 TDs and 14 INTs.

He's done considerably less than Scott Mitchell did when he got his huge deal.
          Post #: 5522
          RE: RE:NFL News - 8/31/2011 2:53:05 PM   
          Todd M

Mitchell played in 7 games his 3rd year in Miami (did nothing the first two) and thew 233 passes 12 TD's and 8 INT's.

How is that considerally more?
          Post #: 5523
          RE: RE:NFL News - 8/31/2011 4:05:47 PM   
          David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd Mallett

Mitchell played in 7 games his 3rd year in Miami (did nothing the first two) and thew 233 passes 12 TD's and 8 INT's.

How is that considerally more?

You're right. He had the same number of starts before signing his contract but played a bit less overall.

I was thinking he had 1 good year in Miami, but he actually had 1 good year in Detroit.

Either way, the point remains that AZ gave a ton of money to a guy who hasn't proven anything in the NFL - including the ability to stay on the field.
          Post #: 5524
          RE: RE:NFL News - 9/4/2011 9:40:26 PM   
          SoMnFan

RIP LeeRoy Selmon
          He and his bros were terrors back in the day.
          Ripped it up at Oklahoma, and then took it to the NFL. Great player.

Work like a Captain.
          Play like a Pirate.
          Post #: 5525
          Page:   <<   < prev  219 220 [221] 222 223   next >   >>
          All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: How many coaches will Alex Smith kill? Page: <<   < prev  219 220 [221] 222 223   next >   >>
          Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
          Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
           Post New Thread
           Reply to Message
           Post New Poll
           Submit Vote
           Delete My Own Post
           Delete My Own Thread
           Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode