Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: NFL News Page: <<   < prev  227 228 [229] 230 231   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL News - 5/2/2012 11:23:16 PM   
thebigo

Is Brees trying to bolt from Narlins?
Post #: 5701
RE: NFL News - 5/24/2012 9:54:26 AM   
SoMnFan

Will be interesting to watch this play out.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7965902/alex-smith-says-randy-moss-new-san-francisco-49ers-wrs-christmas

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5702
RE: NFL News - 5/24/2012 10:37:42 AM   
Todd M

It sure will.

I hope he kicks ass.

Leave all the haters with their jaw on the floor.
Post #: 5703
RE: NFL News - 5/24/2012 10:40:36 AM   
Todd M

I guarantee if he's having a good year some of the ones who dissed him the loudest and proclaimed he was done the most will long for him and his production on this team w/o skipping a beat.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 5/24/2012 10:42:06 AM >
Post #: 5704
RE: NFL News - 5/24/2012 11:39:45 AM   
SoMnFan

Agree Todd
I don't get, in this time of signing players left and right, and many guys ending up being total busts ... why signing him is always such a hard thing to do?
What are you out if he fails?
Why is it somehow worse, when he ends up being no help ... like a hundred other clowns are in this league and other sports as well?
You take a chance. And he's (right now) a very cheap chance ... at hitting a homerun.
We need more teams willing to swing for the fences.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5705
RE: NFL News - 5/24/2012 6:50:49 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Did you all see this? Wow!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/24/jim-brown-criticizes-trent-richardson-mike-holmgren/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5706
RE: NFL News - 5/27/2012 7:52:01 AM   
John Childress

NJ's push to add sports betting may cost it the Super Bowl

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/329812-will-nfl-betting-kill-super-bowl-in-new-jersey?xid=cnnbin

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 5707
RE: NFL News - 5/27/2012 9:44:02 AM   
Todd M

Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins said the NFL’s punishments for the Williams-run bounty program have given the Saints an us-against-the-world mentality this season.

“We already play with a chip on our shoulder, and I think everybody who comes into our defense carries that weight,” Jenkins said. “And you know, we’ve got more than a chip on our shoulders this year.”

Getting caught being dirty puts a chip on all your shoulders? A little humility might be in order but whatever works I guess.
Post #: 5708
RE: NFL News - 5/27/2012 10:03:12 AM   
SoMnFan

No kidding
Sounds like the kind of pricks that might  ... oh, I don't know .... put bounties on opponents?
These guys won't admit, their ring-leaders were told to "knock it off", and they laughed it off.
Who's laughin now?

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5709
RE: NFL News - 5/27/2012 3:52:19 PM   
TheGonz

Nick Fairley is in straight-up beast mode this off-season. . .marijuana possession a month ago, and now DUI and evading police this morning.

I remember when people were bummed that we passed on this guy.

< Message edited by TheGonz -- 5/27/2012 3:53:33 PM >

The question is not "Who will let me?" Rather, the question is "Who will stop me?"
Post #: 5710
RE: NFL News - 5/27/2012 3:58:21 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Wait what?? A talented idiot, is that possible?????????????
Post #: 5711
RE: NFL News - 5/29/2012 1:02:03 PM   
SoMnFan

HBO picks the Dolphins for Hard Knocks this upcoming season.
Thinking .... "ho-hum", hope I'm wrong.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5712
RE: NFL News - 5/29/2012 1:04:41 PM   
Lynn G.

I was SO glad that the Vikings turned them down. I don't think anything good comes of being on that show.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 5713
RE: NFL News - 5/29/2012 1:19:09 PM   
SoMnFan

I didn't think there was any way they wouldn't go back to the Jets.
Thats a circus just waiting to have its roof blown off.
Rexy trying to make Tebow/Sanchez work? Thats gonna be pure gold as far as entertainment goes.
I imagine South Beach will get some pub during the Dolphin season coming up.  

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5714
RE: NFL News - 5/29/2012 4:44:01 PM   
Thomas O. Eliason

quote:

Nick Fairley is in straight-up beast mode this off-season. . .marijuana possession a month ago, and now DUI and evading police this morning

He's going to miss a few games this season... hopefully one of them will be against us.

PPE II baby
Post #: 5715
RE: NFL News - 6/4/2012 4:12:54 PM   
Lynn G.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/nfl/156991285.html

quote:

NEW YORK - The NFL will start hiring and training possible replacement officials with a deal not yet completed with the NFL Referees Association.

Talks between the league and the officials broke down after two mediation sessions. The two sides had been negotiating since October and have said they expect a new collective bargaining agreement in time for the upcoming season.

But that optimism has disappeared.

A session was held Sunday under the auspices of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, and the NFLRA said the league "terminated negotiations" on Monday.

The league said that regional training sessions for replacement officials would begin this month "to ensure that there is no disruption to NFL games this season."

"Our goal is to maintain the highest quality of officiating for our teams, players, and fans, including proper enforcement of the playing rules and efficient management of our games," the league said in a statement.

I wouldn't mind if they tossed the whole bunch of current refs and give the jobs to people who call the games fairly.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 5716
RE: NFL News - 6/4/2012 10:00:16 PM   
i agree lynn.. officiating is as bad as ownership with "good ole boy" networks and "crews" that seem to have agendas of playing favorites to get certain teams into the playoffs and win divisions..

and its not just The NFCN that I'm talking about..

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 5717
RE: NFL News - 6/5/2012 7:39:39 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

NEW YORK - The NFL will start hiring and training possible replacement officials with a deal not yet completed with the NFL Referees Association.

Talks between the league and the officials broke down after two mediation sessions. The two sides had been negotiating since October and have said they expect a new collective bargaining agreement in time for the upcoming season.

A session was held Sunday under the auspices of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, and the NFLRA said the league "terminated negotiations" on Monday.

The league said that regional training sessions for replacement officials would begin this month "to ensure that there is no disruption to NFL games this season."

"Our goal is to maintain the highest quality of officiating for our teams, players, and fans, including proper enforcement of the playing rules and efficient management of our games," the league said in a statement.

I wouldn't mind if they tossed the whole bunch of current refs and give the jobs to people who call the games fairly.

We will never see an evenly officiated game.  Never.  And I believe that good teams overcome bad refereeing...I also believe that the NFL actually instructs them to favor one team over another frequently.  The NFL wants certain teams to succeed.  It's good for business.  So they tell the refs to be a little lax on calling one team while a bit more stingent on the other team. 

It's either that or the refs are a bunch of wusses afraid of Green Bay Packer fans.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5718
RE: NFL News - 6/7/2012 9:18:37 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

The cost of that fairness would probably be incompetence.
Post #: 5719
RE: NFL News - 6/12/2012 8:03:44 AM   
Todd M

Connor Barwin says attitudes on gay players are changing “very rapidly”

“I think right now it would probably be hard for a guy to come out in our locker room just because of the awkwardness,” Barwin said. “But I think they would be surprised at how welcoming people would be. I think at the end of the day guys care about how you play football, because we’re all so competitive about winning that if there is a guy who comes out as gay in our locker room and he’s a good football player, people aren’t going to care about that. I think that’s the honest truth. I think guys care about what kind of person they are, what kind of teammate they are and how good they are at helping us win.”

MVP's, all pros and pro bowlers can suck all the dick they want?
Post #: 5720
RE: NFL News - 6/12/2012 8:08:44 AM   
Lynn G.

You were fine until you added your own commentary line Todd. You think that heterosexuals don't engage in oral sex too? Isn't the point that no one should give a damn what someone else does sexually behind closed doors - heterosexual or homosexual?

< Message edited by Lynn G. -- 6/12/2012 8:09:52 AM >

Post #: 5721
RE: NFL News - 6/12/2012 8:15:20 AM   
Todd M

My commentary had everything to do with accepting someone for who they were and not basing it on 'what they contribute to the team'...nothing really to do with the sexual preferences of the heterosexual player.
Post #: 5722
RE: NFL News - 6/12/2012 8:18:27 AM   
Todd M

quote:

Isn't the point that no one should give a damn what someone else does sexually behind closed doors - heterosexual or homosexual?

That's essentially my point...more so that acceptance shouldn't be gauged by the players skill level.
Post #: 5723
RE: NFL News - 6/12/2012 8:27:28 AM   
Lynn G.

Except that their skill level IS what's important. The point being made is that when you play professional football, all you care about is can the guy do the job he's been hired to do. The better the skill, the better the teammate, in that regard.

Just as soldiers have testified that they don't care about their combat partners' sexual preference as long as he or she are capable of having each other's back in combat. For the NFL, your skill level is the most important criteria.

Post #: 5724
RE: NFL News - 6/12/2012 8:54:32 AM   
Todd M

That's fine in a box.

But we already see protection of the NFL elite regarding sentencing/suspensions...why is it ok wrt coming out?

AD coming out and being accepted vs say a Troy Williamson coming out and causing locker room issues is just par for the course?
Post #: 5725
Page:   <<   < prev  227 228 [229] 230 231   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: NFL News Page: <<   < prev  227 228 [229] 230 231   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode