Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: NFL News Page: <<   < prev  227 228 229 [230] 231   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL News - 6/18/2012 2:08:40 PM   
David F.

Guess who came into Ravens mini-camp too fat to play?

HA! They aren't sure if he'll even be ready by the opener. He's on nothing but conditioning right now. They're kicking around the idea of moving Oher to LT and then scrambling for a new RT.

OMG I'm so happy it's their problem and not ours.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5726
RE: NFL News - 6/18/2012 10:40:01 PM   
TheGonz

More from the Saints* bounty thing today. Turns out they didn't have a $10,000 bounty on Brett Favre. . .it was actually closer to $35,000.

There's also links to the evidence that the NFL turned over to the NFLPA here and here.

My favorite part is from the first evidence link there, as part of a Powerpoint presentation preparing for their playoff game against Seattle. On the slide, among other things, are the words "Now it's time to do our job...collect bounty $$$!" and "No apologies, let's go hunting."

But nope. . .nothing to see here. The Saints* didn't do a single thing wrong. Pure as the driven snow, they were.

What a bunch of frauds.

The question is not "Who will let me?" Rather, the question is "Who will stop me?"
Post #: 5727
RE: NFL News - 6/25/2012 2:08:33 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Guess who came into Ravens mini-camp too fat to play?

HA! They aren't sure if he'll even be ready by the opener. He's on nothing but conditioning right now. They're kicking around the idea of moving Oher to LT and then scrambling for a new RT.

OMG I'm so happy it's their problem and not ours.

it was a good chapter to close....

i just wish we would have went about it differently.....we could have traded him a couple years ago (i think), for some value....but they kept their heads buried in the sand, ignoring all the red flags

oh well, at least he is gone......here is hoping Kalil is the real deal (and i think he is)!!!

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 5728
RE: NFL News - 6/25/2012 3:19:03 PM   
Lynn G.

I think it's because when you're in the midst of a situation you always think that you can turn it around. We probably hoped to get through to McKinnie and keep him in line, and for periods of time he would do it.

We have cases like Jared Allen that show that sometimes when you take a chance on a player with a bad rep you will be rewarded. When you've invested a bunch of time and money in a player you are more likely to hang in longer working on the rehab.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 5729
RE: NFL News - 7/17/2012 9:40:35 PM   
thebigo

Dez Bryants mom, on the 911 call, refers to him as "a dude".
Post #: 5730
RE: NFL News - 7/22/2012 6:01:39 PM   
Bruce Johnson

This one has been arrested twice in the past month. He was an undrafted rookie last year. I wonder what the chances are of him making the team?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/lions/story/2012-07-22/aaron-berry-lions-arrested/56415058/1

Edit: The answer came quickly as I suspected. He was released. Does anyone want him? Not me.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 7/24/2012 7:03:06 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5731
Andy Reid loses his sone - 8/5/2012 9:28:12 AM   
John Childress

Terrible loss for Eagles coach Andy Reid! Prayers to the entire Reid family. You never want to bury your child. His oldest son, Garret Reid, was found dead at Lehigh university in the dorm room.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Reid_absent_from_practice_dealing_with_personal_issue.html

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 5732
RE: NFL News - 8/5/2012 9:31:27 AM   
Lynn G.

Wow - that would be devastating. That family has already had more to deal with than most. I wish for their recovery and peace.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 5733
RE: NFL News - 8/5/2012 9:40:21 AM   
John Childress

Here is the statement Eagles just sent out on the death of Garrett Reid, Andy Reid's oldest son:

The Philadelphia Eagles are sad to announce that Garrett Reid, the oldest son of head coach Andy Reid, has died. Garrett Reid, 29, had been attending Eagles training camp with his father and was found in his room this morning. Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and defensive coordinator Juan Castillo oversaw the team’s walk-through this morning, and will oversee the team until Reid’s return.

“This news is heartbreaking for everyone in the Eagles family. Our hearts go out to Andy, his wife, Tammy, and their children,” said Eagles Chairman/CEO Jeffrey Lurie.

The team will share further updates as information becomes available.

Read Full Story: http://bit.ly/QtI5NX

Post #: 5734
I expect Andy to be coaching this week - 8/5/2012 6:17:33 PM   
John Childress

“I expect Andy to be coaching this week, and back,” said owner Jeffrey Lurie. “He is very, very focused on both his family and his profession.”

Reid’s troubled 29-year-old son, Garrett, was found dead in his dorm room Sunday morning. Reid missed yesterday’s practices and meetings, which continued without him.

Not for long.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Lurie_Reid_will_be_back_coaching__this_week.html#ixzz22iUc5zst

Post #: 5735
RE: I expect Andy to be coaching this week - 8/5/2012 6:31:09 PM   
Todd M

Geez, take 5 minutes off already.
Post #: 5736
RE: I expect Andy to be coaching this week - 8/5/2012 6:35:31 PM   
John Childress

Ya think

It may sound harsh, and may not be the right day to say this

but...

Do you think that his slavish devotion to the NFL might have hurt his child a little?

Post #: 5737
RE: NFL News - 8/5/2012 6:47:53 PM   
Lynn G.

When the two sons were first in the news for their legal troubles that was one of the questions that people had. Did his family suffer because he was so singularly focused on work?

I know that for many people, diving into something like work can help take their minds off of their grief, but it's really not all about Andy Reid. His wife and surviving children need him more than the team does right now.

Post #: 5738
RE: NFL News - 8/5/2012 7:41:47 PM   
SoMnFan

Sad stuff on the Reid tragedy
Agree on all, your lifestlye has affected your family, dude. Admit it.

Anyone take in all of Curtis Martins speech yesterday at the HOF?
Horrific, fascinating, interesting as hell.
I knew he was "different" had no idea how much.
Loved the honesty about EVERYTHING
It made people squirm, and there's nothing wrong with that.
What a fascinating road he has traveled.
The admission that football simply wasn't fun or interesting to him ... ever ... was shocking to me, It shouldn't be, but it was. Not sure I could ever be that honest.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5739
RE: NFL News - 8/5/2012 8:36:29 PM   
SoMnFan

Whoa!
Completely forgot there would be a game today with the ceremonies at HOF ....
Totally too early ....

BUT I'M READY! 

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5740
RE: NFL News - 8/5/2012 8:49:11 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I'm glad you guys brought it up. I didn't have the guts but have been thinking about it since I heard.

Something in that family is really "wrong" and they need to figure it out ASAP. Weird reference, but remember the Von Erik's of wrestling fame? And, yeah, I probably botched that spelling.
Post #: 5741
RE: NFL News - 8/5/2012 8:51:56 PM   
SoMnFan

Pretty good analogy Jeff
Their passion consumes them from the inside out ...

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5742
RE: NFL News - 8/6/2012 6:36:16 AM   
John Childress

Lynn made an excellent point

It may be easier on Andy to get right back into coaching to take his mind off it

But what about his wife and 4 other kids? Don't they need him home?

Strange

Post #: 5743
RE: NFL News - 8/6/2012 11:08:11 AM   
Todd M

Not important but gonna bitch anyway.

PFT is such a joke. They will not let me post anything negative on Tebow.

The gist of the article:

quote:

“All you have to do is watch him throw the ball,” said Esiason. “Just watch him. . . . You can say whatever you want about Tim Tebow. He played some of the worst football that any quarterback has ever played in the history of the game last year, at times.”

And Boomer agrees that having Tebow on the roster poses an unnecessary challenge for allegedly-entrenched starting quarterback Mark Sanchez.

“I just think this whole thing — at least from my perspective right now — in relation to who Mark Sanchez is, your starting quarterback, is a major mistake,” Esiason said.

My post:

Boomer nails it! Props for not pandering to the untouchable one.

Deleted.
Post #: 5744
RE: NFL News - 8/6/2012 11:24:34 AM   
John Childress

Agreed

When you watch Tebow play it is almost like watching Kapp or someone from the bone crusher age

The problem is that style can't work in 2012

Denver saw him more than anyone and one full year was enough for them

Think about that

Post #: 5745
RE: NFL News - 8/6/2012 11:56:03 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

Agreed

When you watch Tebow play it is almost like watching Kapp or someone from the bone crusher age

The problem is that style can't work in 2012

Denver saw him more than anyone and one full year was enough for them

Think about that

I about fell over when they praised HIM for throwing the winning TD in the playoff game against Pittsburgh.  It was an easy dump pass that traveled about 9 yards in the air and then Thomas made a FANTASTIC run to score.  But Tebow got all the press for it.  and if you watch it a few times, it really wasn't all that great a pass.  it wobbled and Thomas had to make a good catch to haul it in.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5746
RE: NFL News - 8/6/2012 2:30:45 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I'm glad you guys brought it up. I didn't have the guts but have been thinking about it since I heard.

Something in that family is really "wrong" and they need to figure it out ASAP. Weird reference, but remember the Von Erik's of wrestling fame? And, yeah, I probably botched that spelling.

You couldn't be more spot on Jeff. You did botch that spelling.
Post #: 5747
RE: NFL News - 8/6/2012 2:41:58 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Yeah, but it's ok because I mentioned it. It just like they do in Texas. Right before the insult the hell out of someone they say "bless their heart.....".

That makes it completely ok
Post #: 5748
RE: NFL News - 8/9/2012 4:26:20 PM   
SoMnFan

More great Directv commercials from Deion
Love how the Manning Bros are totally fine with laughing at themselves .... Good dudes.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5749
RE: NFL News - 8/9/2012 7:46:09 PM   
Jeff Jesser

You mean making him look like a dumbass? I like that too
Post #: 5750
Page:   <<   < prev  227 228 229 [230] 231   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: NFL News Page: <<   < prev  227 228 229 [230] 231   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode