Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: NFL News Page: <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL News - 3/10/2012 8:27:53 AM   
Lynn G.

The Redskins gave up an awful lot to trade up to the second pick in the draft. They better hope that RGIII turns out to be the second coming of Joe Theisman.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 5676
RE: NFL News - 3/10/2012 8:55:22 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

The Redskins gave up an awful lot to trade up to the second pick in the draft. They better hope that RGIII turns out to be the second coming of Joe Theisman.

He'll have to be a damn sight better than that.
Post #: 5677
RE: NFL News - 3/15/2012 12:51:22 PM   
Duane Sampson

Dolphin x-fan
Post #: 5678
RE: NFL News - 3/30/2012 9:42:18 PM   
SoMnFan

My God, there's falling from grace horribly, and then there's this guy  ...

Former San Diego Chargers quarterback Ryan Leaf was arrested Friday and charged with felony burglary, misdemeanor theft and criminal possession of dangerous drugs.
Leaf posted bond at $76,000 on Friday evening, officials at Cascade County Detention Center told the Great Falls Tribune.
Leaf was arrested Friday afternoon at the Probation and Parole Office in Great Falls, Mont., Great Falls Police Sgt. Dean Bennett told the Tribune.
"One of our officers picked him up, arrested him and booked him in," Bennett told the Tribune.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5679
RE: NFL News - 3/31/2012 10:49:35 AM   
iggles need a new LT

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/top/SIG=11qs9llo1/*http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-peters

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 5680
RE: NFL News - 4/2/2012 7:17:08 PM   
SoMnFan

NOT A REPEAT ......
Ryan Leaf was arrested again today.
Yes, again today.
Wow. Just wow.  

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7765279/ryan-leaf-arrested-montana-again-gps-implicates-ex-nfl-qb-crime

Amazing . Manning or Leaf was actually a legit head-scratcher.
I guarantee you , if we'd been involved, and had the top pick ....you just know we'd have gone with Leaf.    or is it  

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 4/2/2012 7:46:52 PM >

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5681
RE: NFL News - 4/2/2012 9:36:49 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

NOT A REPEAT ......
Ryan Leaf was arrested again today.
Yes, again today.
Wow. Just wow.  

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7765279/ryan-leaf-arrested-montana-again-gps-implicates-ex-nfl-qb-crime

Amazing . Manning or Leaf was actually a legit head-scratcher.
I guarantee you , if we'd been involved, and had the top pick ....you just know we'd have gone with Leaf.    or is it  

Guys a one man crime spree!
Post #: 5682
RE: NFL News - 4/5/2012 9:56:49 AM   
David F.

I don't know if the audio is legit or not but it claims to be tape of Gregg Williams prior to the playoff game against the 49'ers. Yikes!

http://youtu.be/fhnn9kbqQUA

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5683
RE: NFL News - 4/5/2012 11:20:37 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

I don't know if the audio is legit or not but it claims to be tape of Gregg Williams prior to the playoff game against the 49'ers. Yikes!

http://youtu.be/fhnn9kbqQUA

Is this guy for real?

He really sounds like he's telling his guys to take out another player's ACL.  That's career threatening folks.  I don't care how nice and complicit he is during his suspension.  Bounty or not, he's instructing his guys to go after heads, ACLs, Ankles...He's instructing his guys to INJURE other players...not just hurt...hurting guys is part of the game...INJURE.

He's instructing his guys to take another player, just like them, and threaten their career.

I hope he never gets reinstated after hearing that.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5684
RE: NFL News - 4/5/2012 11:42:20 AM   
Todd M

quote:

Brees, who threw a record-equalling 32 passes for 288 yards to earn the Most Valuable Player, said: ‘We knew we had an entire city, maybe an entire country, behind us. It was destiny

It wasn't great when it was about that. Then to find out they were dirty dog sell outs.

I don't care how long the chase is. It's preferable than having that hang over your long awaiting SB win.
Post #: 5685
RE: NFL News - 4/5/2012 1:47:53 PM   
David Levine

Jesus...

Williams can be heard in the audio recording instructing his defensive players to injure quarterback Alex Smith, running back Frank Gore, tight end Vernon Davis and receivers Michael Crabtree and Kyle Williams.

According to Pamphilon, Gregg Williams pointed to his chin while telling his players to hit Smith "right there" and says, "Remember me. I got the first one. I got the first one. Go get it. Go lay that m----------- out."

Williams uses one of his favorite slogans in the speech -- "Kill the head and the body will die."

On Gore: "We've got to do everything in the world to make sure we kill Frank Gore's head. We want him running sideways. We want his head sideways."

On running back Kendall Hunter: "Little 32, we're going to knock the f--- out of him."

On Smith: "Every single one of you, before you get off the pile, affect the head. Early, affect the head. Continue, touch and hit the head."

On Kyle Williams: "We need to find out in the first two series of the game, that little wide receiver, No. 10, about his concussion. We need to f------ put a lick on him right now. He needs to decide. He needs to f------ decide."

On Crabtree: "We need to decide whether Crabtree wants to be a fake-ass prima donna, or he wants to be a tough guy. We need to find out. He becomes human when we f------ take out that outside ACL."

On Davis: "We need to decide how many times we can bull rush and and we can f------ put Vernon Davis' ankles over the pile."
Post #: 5686
RE: NFL News - 4/5/2012 3:56:33 PM   
SoMnFan

Whoa.
Thats some over-the-top shit there.
I'm as old-school, bust-em-in-the-mouth as they come, and that dude is just seriously messed up.
I can't believe some player along the way didn't question his sanity.
There's jacked-up and then there's bat-shit crazy. GW is bat-shit crazy.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5687
RE: NFL News - 4/5/2012 4:10:45 PM   
David F.

Dick Cheney ain't go nothing on Gregg Williams.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5688
RE: NFL News - 4/7/2012 9:53:01 AM   
Todd M

If you clear 10's of millions after taxes with your NFL salary and endorsements, currently make well over 500K a year and have to go bankrupt, you officially suck at life.
Post #: 5689
RE: NFL News - 4/23/2012 9:44:23 PM   
David Levine

NEW ORLEANS -- The U.S. Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of Louisiana was told Friday that New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis had an electronic device in his Superdome suite that had been secretly re-wired to enable him to eavesdrop on visiting coaching staffs for nearly three NFL seasons, "Outside the Lines" has learned.

Sources familiar with Saints game-day operations told "Outside the Lines" that Loomis, who faces an eight-game suspension from the NFL for his role in the recent bounty scandal, had the ability to secretly listen for most of the 2002 season, his first as general manager of the Saints, and all of the 2003 and 2004 seasons. The sources spoke with "Outside the Lines" under the condition of anonymity because of fear of reprisals from members of the Saints organization.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7846290/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games
Post #: 5690
RE: NFL News - 4/23/2012 9:46:42 PM   
Lynn G.

Wow - this is getting interesting. Talk about bringing that organization back down to earth.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 5691
RE: NFL News - 4/24/2012 2:45:57 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

NEW ORLEANS -- The U.S. Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of Louisiana was told Friday that New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis had an electronic device in his Superdome suite that had been secretly re-wired to enable him to eavesdrop on visiting coaching staffs for nearly three NFL seasons, "Outside the Lines" has learned.

Sources familiar with Saints game-day operations told "Outside the Lines" that Loomis, who faces an eight-game suspension from the NFL for his role in the recent bounty scandal, had the ability to secretly listen for most of the 2002 season, his first as general manager of the Saints, and all of the 2003 and 2004 seasons. The sources spoke with "Outside the Lines" under the condition of anonymity because of fear of reprisals from members of the Saints organization.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7846290/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games

Based on performance, with regards to the Saints, bounties can get you to the Super Bowl.

Eavesdropping on the opposition only gets you 2 games above .500 with no playoff appearances.

For all the kids listening, bounties=good, illegal surveillance=mediocrity.
Post #: 5692
RE: NFL News - 4/24/2012 2:58:23 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

If you clear 10's of millions after taxes with your NFL salary and endorsements, currently make well over 500K a year and have to go bankrupt, you officially suck at life.

Donald Trump says OUCH 4X
Post #: 5693
RE: NFL News - 4/29/2012 2:55:14 PM   
Todd M

NFL Films top 10 Heisman trophy winning NFL players

1.Barry Sanders
2.Roger Staubach
3.O.J. Simpson
4.Paul Hornung
5.Charles Woodson
6.Tony Dorsett
7.Tim Tebow
8.Earl Campbell
9.Marcus Allen
10.Cam Newton

Post #: 5694
RE: NFL News - 5/1/2012 8:58:03 PM   
SoMnFan

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7879802/new-york-jets-coach-rex-ryan-says-tim-tebow-mark-sanchez-look-outstanding-workouts

Yeah, ok, whatever, fluffhead.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5695
RE: NFL News - 5/2/2012 11:06:21 AM   
David F.

Ryan Boser reports via facebook:

Vilma suspended for the season! Hargrove misses eight games, Will Smith misses four and Fujita misses three.

Who dat?

Post #: 5696
RE: NFL News - 5/2/2012 1:20:04 PM   
Stacey King

unconfirmed but wild thing is out there via twitter:
---------

**UPDATED BREAKING NEWS** Very sad *Tears Flowing As I Type* Junior Seau "Reportedly" committed suicide about 60 mins ago..
Post #: 5697
RE: NFL News - 5/2/2012 2:18:18 PM   
David Levine

The report has been confirmed by the North County Times:

Pro football great and Oceanside sports legend Junior Seau has apparently committed suicide, found by a housekeeper with a gunshot wound to the chest, according to multiple sources.

Oceanside Mayor Jim Wood said he learned of the death from police Chief Frank McCoy.

Police responded to Seau's home on The Strand on Wednesday after receiving a call about a reported suicide. The San Diego County medical examiner's office said an investigator was sent to the scene.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-nfl-legend-junior-seau-dead-182120394.html
Post #: 5698
RE: NFL News - 5/2/2012 3:05:12 PM   
Lynn G.

I saw Seau's mom speaking to the media just a short time ago and the agony in that woman's face and the tears streaming down her face were so painful to watch. If Seau was depressed, his mental anguish has been passed on to his loved ones.

How sad.

Post #: 5699
RE: NFL News - 5/2/2012 7:02:55 PM   
SoMnFan

Some cool news on a pretty sad NFL day .

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7881254/tampa-bay-buccaneers-sign-injured-rutgers-dt-eric-legrand-symbolic-gesture

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5700
Page:   <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: NFL News Page: <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode