Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE:Mike Vick case

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:Mike Vick case Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/7/2007 6:25:39 AM   
John Childress

[quote="Pete C"][quote="Todd Mallett"]IMO vegan's are too far too the left. Hard to be against using milk and eggs etc. Yes Pete I eat meat. I have stated on this board and the Strib board that I have a conscious about it. My preferred state of being would be able to sustain my life functions without having to have an animal killed while fooling my brain that I am actually satisfied.[/quote] **************************************************** It's not personal, Todd, I just don't understand. Having a conscious about eating animals somehow makes it okay? Feeling guilty about your birthday dinner somehow makes you a better person? You would rather have Vick dead? You value certain animals lives above human lives? But you don't include the animals that you digest? If someone held a gun to my head and said either one human dies or one thousand dogs die, I'm picking the dogs.[/quote] BINGO And yes it doesn't matter if you kill an animal for sport or for food - the animal is still dead. Really, there is not a whole lot of difference between Vick and deer hunters except the hunters are more "merciful" in their kill. But both are dead.
Post #: 526
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/7/2007 6:38:17 AM   
Lynn G.

... and the hunters eat their kill. Unless there was some news about Vick eating his dead dogs that I missed.
Post #: 527
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/7/2007 6:39:07 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

And yes it doesn't matter if you kill an animal for sport or for food - the animal is still dead.
Can't say as I've ever in my life heard someone take THAT stance.
Post #: 528
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/7/2007 6:42:21 AM   
[quote="Lynn G."]
quote:

And yes it doesn't matter if you kill an animal for sport or for food - the animal is still dead.
Can't say as I've ever in my life heard someone take THAT stance. ********************************************** American history tells us that white men killed off the buffalo for sport, and left them laying in the plains.
  Post #: 529
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/7/2007 7:02:30 AM   
Todd M

[quote="Pete C"][quote="Lynn G."]
quote:

Can't say as I've ever in my life heard someone take THAT stance. ********************************************** American history tells us that white men killed off the buffalo for sport, and left them laying in the plains. 1000 dogs for any of these guys lives Pete? I've talked to hunters and have come to respect their life style for the most part. The ones who treat nature and life with respect have mine. I hate wasted life on sporting or trophy kills.
Post #: 530
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/7/2007 7:53:27 AM   
Easy E

[quote="Lynn G."]... and the hunters eat their kill. Unless there was some news about Vick eating his dead dogs that I missed.[/quote] I hunt, ok? Hunters hunt to hunt. if you really think the point is because pheasant, grouse, or venison taste good (which they do), well, you're just wrong.
Post #: 531
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/7/2007 8:11:22 AM   
Easy E

[quote="John Childress"]BINGO And yes it doesn't matter if you kill an animal for sport or for food - the animal is still dead. Really, there is not a whole lot of difference between Vick and deer hunters except the hunters are more "merciful" in their kill. But both are dead.[/quote] Honestly, hunting isn't more merciful at all. you simply take the emotion away from it, just like people do when they put on a leather belt or eat a hamburger. And imo, human beings should get their relationship with animals straight in their head. Feeling guilty over eating meat, IMO, is silly. we're the top of the food chain, and animals serve a purpose. The livestock that is crowded up a ramp to be slaughtered probably went through more terror and despair, if animals actually feel that, than the dogs that were killed. A bird that is shot with pellet and needs it's neck broke doesn't get more mercy than a dog that is drowned. Now, do not confuse this with me saying what Vick did was ok. Here's the point, the issue isn't how the animal feels, but the person. If you're hunting a deer because that's what you want to do, because it gives you a sense of accomplishment, or you like venison, and you buy your permit, hunt your game, kill it and gut it, I believe that's ok. If you live in a culture that accepts bullfighting, that's your society. If you want people to not suffere from smallpox, or other disease, and so are ok with testing on animals, that's ok. Or if you're a horserace enthusist, and a horse breaks it's leg doing that and needs to be shot through the head, that's the way it is. And if you're a sick twisted little pervert that pulls the wings off birds for sick pleasure, or swerves to hit a rabbit in the road, or drowns a put because it's more trouble than it's worth, there is something wrong with you. The dogfighting thing, people should recognize, crosses gray lines, because the fact is, dogfighting is somewhat part of society, if underground. However, drowning them has no place anywhere. Does the punishment fit the crime? I don't think so, but it's still a crime. It's not much different than how we treat someone who steals a tv because he's starving and needs money, versus a millionaire who steals billions in a scam.
Post #: 532
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/7/2007 11:03:59 PM   
Good lord.. This is just jaw dropping, shockingly, naive. An otherwise "useful" person would rather take a bullet than have his life spared at the expense of 1000 DOGS?. DOGS?!?! Unbelievable. That is like, a seriously skewed set of priorities. I can just see a drivers license check box, similar to organ donor: "If I'm being mauled by any type of wild or domesticated animals, please shoot me first, but by any and all means, please spare the animals." Wow.
  Post #: 533
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/8/2007 6:38:05 PM   
thebigo

[quote="Pete C"][quote="thebigo"][quote="Pete C"][quote="Todd Mallett"]IMO vegan's are too far too the left. Hard to be against using milk and eggs etc. Yes Pete I eat meat. I have stated on this board and the Strib board that I have a conscious about it. My preferred state of being would be able to sustain my life functions without having to have an animal killed while fooling my brain that I am actually satisfied.[/quote] **************************************************** It's not personal, Todd, I just don't understand. Having a conscious about eating animals somehow makes it okay? Feeling guilty about your birthday dinner somehow makes you a better person? You would rather have Vick dead? You value certain animals lives above human lives? But you don't include the animals that you digest? If someone held a gun to my head and said either one human dies or one thousand dogs die, I'm picking the dogs.[/quote] Let's drop the comparisons of cultivating animal protein for human consumption to Vick's sadistic behavior.[/quote] ****************************************** Feel free to not comment on it.[/quote] But of course.
Post #: 534
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/8/2007 6:42:03 PM   
thebigo

[quote="Pete C"][quote="Lynn G."]
quote:

Can't say as I've ever in my life heard someone take THAT stance. ********************************************** American history tells us that white men killed off the buffalo for sport, and left them laying in the plains. I don't think that's true, they killed them off for their skins, and left their carcasses to rot on the plains.
Post #: 535
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/8/2007 7:06:32 PM   
Easy E

[quote="thebigo"][quote="Pete C"][quote="Lynn G."]
quote:

Can't say as I've ever in my life heard someone take THAT stance. ********************************************** American history tells us that white men killed off the buffalo for sport, and left them laying in the plains. I don't think that's true, they killed them off for their skins, and left their carcasses to rot on the plains. Hard to get the skin when you're driving by on a train.
Post #: 536
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/8/2007 7:14:01 PM   
some pople just don't follow along well. Game set match EE
  Post #: 537
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/8/2007 7:20:46 PM   
Todd M

[quote="Danimal"]Good lord.. This is just jaw dropping, shockingly, naive. An otherwise "useful" person would rather take a bullet than have his life spared at the expense of 1000 DOGS?. DOGS?!?! Unbelievable. That is like, a seriously skewed set of priorities. I can just see a drivers license check box, similar to organ donor: "If I'm being mauled by any type of wild or domesticated animals, please shoot me first, but by any and all means, please spare the animals." Wow.[/quote] This from the guy who put his very life at risk over a POSSESION, not a life or even a thousand lives a simple worldly possession. You know what else is bullshit? The fact that you can root for forest fires to burn down an entire state and still get supported in this forum. But after standing up for people for a year and a half, I can have my sanity questioned, be called every name in the book, be painted as a racist and it's cricket city. Save for a PM from Easy E once. Wasting my time here. Hell Toby doesn't even get my name right in a thread where I'm the only Todd, AND I've met the man.
Post #: 538
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/8/2007 7:26:58 PM   
Lynn G.

Todd - the reason why there are crickets in response to his posts is that none of us read them. :D
Post #: 539
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/8/2007 7:36:22 PM   
Get off my jock, Todd. The truck thing was an instinctual reaction to a crime in progress. It's not like someone was holding a gun to my head and said either jump out in front of that truck or I'll kill a thousand DOGS...... Furthermore, The POST I made about the Fires in CALI was a JOKE. meant to dig at HOISEiasshat about all that "fine Cali weather and the oh so valuable California real estate. It was certain Tight asses on this board that got all rightous and indignant about it, for what? A shitty sense of humor.. Cry me a river. You want to see a man put to death over some dogs, which you happen to like, but who 90% of America wouldn't want in their neighborhood and would probably not shed too many tears over, if they were exterminated, given their breeding and history of violent FATAL behavior and attacks on innocent children. The fact that you would rather "take the bullet" rather than see 1000 dogs DOGS!! die, causes any sane person to question your sanity. It is what it is. Todd Mallet is worth less than 1000 dogs? Only in Todd's mind. The fact that you think I'm Dissing you about that shows you don't understand the outrage at such an idiotic POV. Dogs are worth more to this world and more importantly your friends and family than your own life? Yea, I'm wrong..... :roll:
  Post #: 540
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/8/2007 7:46:43 PM   
Todd M

You want to see a man put to death over some dogs I did not say that. I said it would be easier for me to see the man dead than to see him cry crocodile tears to try and obtain glory again. Meaning if I found out someone killed him it would be easier for me to accept than watching the man fake his remorse over what he did.
Post #: 541
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/8/2007 7:48:33 PM   
Todd M

And hurray for that 10% as they answered the call and saved almost all of the dogs seized from Vick.
Post #: 542
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/8/2007 7:53:53 PM   
Ah, so seeing a man murdered is easier for you to "accept" than whatever you judge as "fake remorse". Like you know Vick intimately and can judge his genuineness of remorse... But murder is okay, since you think he is a big scumbag on the order of some lunatic who indiscriminately shoots holiday shoppers... RIIIIIGGHT.. My values are skewed.... :roll:
  Post #: 543
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/8/2007 8:37:21 PM   
thebigo

[quote="Easy E"][quote="thebigo"][quote="Pete C"][quote="Lynn G."]
quote:

Can't say as I've ever in my life heard someone take THAT stance. ********************************************** American history tells us that white men killed off the buffalo for sport, and left them laying in the plains. I don't think that's true, they killed them off for their skins, and left their carcasses to rot on the plains. Hard to get the skin when you're driving by on a train. So they killed them for sport, not killed them off.
Post #: 544
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/8/2007 8:46:10 PM   
Todd M

From here to here: Or here to here: The difference - the human.
Post #: 545
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/9/2007 5:59:26 PM   
Duane Sampson

Vick Facing Two-Year Prison Term? Sun Dec 9, 2007 The New York Daily News reports Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick briefly gets out of prison tomorrow to show up in a Richmond courtroom to hear what Judge Henry Hudson has in store for his immediate future. Vick can figure on getting about two years for his role in the dogfighting enterprise. Then when he gets out, he can look forward to a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and finding out how long the NFL will suspend him. My feeling is Goodell gives him one year. So add it up and Vick may not be back until the 2011 season - if somebody wants to sign him after a four-year layoff. Vick's best argument for leniency? He should try to convince Goodell this season should count as his one-year NFL suspension.
Post #: 546
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/10/2007 6:08:51 PM   
Northland Lurkers

RICHMOND, Virginia (CNN) -- Michael Vick, once one of the highest paid players in the National Football League, was sentenced to 23 months in prison for financing a dogfighting ring and helping to kill pit bulls that did not fight aggressively. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/10/vick.sentenced/index.html
Post #: 547
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/10/2007 6:12:59 PM   
John Childress

RICHMOND, Va. -- Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison Monday for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy that involved gambling and killing pit bulls. U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson could have sentenced the suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback to up to five years. Vick pleaded guilty in August, admitting he bankrolled the "Bad Newz Kennels" dogfighting operation and helped kill six to eight dogs. Vick also received three years' probation. With nearly a month already served, Vick would be scheduled for release in October 2009. BARRING AN EARLY RELEASE FOR GOOD BEHAVIOR HIS NFL CAREER IS OVER By the 2010 season he will be 3 years removed from competitive sports and over 30 years old. Perhaps the CFL or Arena league might take a shot at him for attendance draw purposes.
Post #: 548
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/10/2007 6:13:44 PM   
John Childress

fair sentence
Post #: 549
RE:Mike Vick case - 12/10/2007 7:53:39 PM   
Steven JL

[quote="John Childress"]fair sentence[/quote] Yep. Some legal analysts state that typical Federal pen sentences work out to 85% of the actual sentence IF behavior is good. Therefore we can expect him to serve about 19.6 months. That coincidently puts his release at 7/28/2009 which is likely the opening day of training camp +/- 2 days in 2009 for almost all NFL teams. Not that he'll be eligible to participate with another team but it'll certainly be another media circus...
Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE:Mike Vick case Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode