Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/10/2017 2:20:45 PM   
Mark Anderson

Mayfield > Darnold
Post #: 3426
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/10/2017 9:22:58 PM   
geoffrey greitzer

Agreed...Mayfield best Qb in college football...
Post #: 3427
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/10/2017 9:31:24 PM   
Ian Joseph

I need to watch more Mayfield.. but Darnold was throwing absolute DIMES. He had one long TD throw that had me like "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN" with the placement of the ball.

You couldn't aim with a rifle and hit the target better.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3428
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/11/2017 8:24:34 AM   
Bill Jandro

Darnold will probably be drafted before Mayfield mainly do to their height

Darnold 6'4"
Mayfield 6'1"

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3429
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/11/2017 9:11:28 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Mayfield > Darnold

Not even close. Darnold is the best college quarterback I have ever seen. He could start for 15-20 teams in the NFL right now.

Mayfield has had a few great games. Darnold is great every game. The NFL is looking for consistency.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/11/2017 9:13:43 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 3430
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/11/2017 9:41:47 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H
quote:

Mayfield > Darnold

Not even close. Darnold is the best college quarterback I have ever seen. He could start for 15-20 teams in the NFL right now.
Mayfield has had a few great games. Darnold is great every game. The NFL is looking for consistency.

Pretty early to call that either way....you may want to see the season play out a little more.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3431
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/11/2017 9:45:52 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

Very impressive win by Oklahoma @ Columbus.

Big Ten looks radically overrated to me. Oklahoma manhandled the Buckeyes for most of the day. Michigan looked very mediocre for most of the game against Cincinnati. Wisconsin is Wisconsin....the most overrated program in the nation (annually). Truth-be-told, the Big Ten may be deeper than it has been in years with Maryland winning some games and the Gophers playing inspired ball, but the top of the heap is going to lose more big games than it wins. Indiana may have the best quarterbacks in Lagow and Ramsey.

The same could be said for the SEC. One good team followed by 13 programs that are challenged to score a touchdown.

Conversely, USC was completely awesome yesterday. Darnold is the best quarterback I have ever seen at the collegiate level. The kid is really something special.

You say that every year Brad...you just love the PAC 10...and that is fine but the season has to play out a little more than just the first 2 games....it is a long season.

The Gophers beat Oregon State on the road and in the rain.....but I still worry if they will be a 7 win team or a 9 win team. There isn't any free wins in the BIG Ten.

Post #: 3432
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/11/2017 9:47:42 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Mayfield > Darnold

Pretty early to call that either way....you may want to see the season play out a little more.

In terms of playing in the NFL, it isn't even close.

Post #: 3433
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/11/2017 9:51:10 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

Big Ten looks radically overrated to me. Oklahoma manhandled the Buckeyes for most of the day. Michigan looked very mediocre for most of the game against Cincinnati. Wisconsin is Wisconsin....the most overrated program in the nation (annually). Truth-be-told, the Big Ten may be deeper than it has been in years with Maryland winning some games and the Gophers playing inspired ball, but the top of the heap is going to lose more big games than it wins. Indiana may have the best quarterbacks in Lagow and Ramsey.

The same could be said for the SEC. One good team followed by 13 programs that are challenged to score a touchdown.

Conversely, USC was completely awesome yesterday. Darnold is the best quarterback I have ever seen at the collegiate level. The kid is really something special.

You say that every year Brad...you just love the PAC 10...and that is fine but the season has to play out a little more than just the first 2 games....it is a long season.

The Gophers beat Oregon State on the road and in the rain.....but I still worry if they will be a 7 win team or a 9 win team. There isn't any free wins in the BIG Ten.

Traditionally speaking, Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois and Indiana have always been free wins. There is a little more depth this season, I'll give them that.

Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan will give anybody trouble. There's a huge dropoff after that.

Post #: 3434
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/11/2017 10:30:32 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Traditionally speaking, Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois and Indiana have always been free wins. There is a little more depth this season, I'll give them that.

Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan will give anybody trouble. There's a huge dropoff after that.

Nebraska, Iowa, Northwestern are pretty good teams....Maryland isn't always a free win. Purdue, Rutgers, and Illinois have been free wins recently but I am talking this year.

Post #: 3435
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/11/2017 3:21:32 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nebraska, Iowa, Northwestern are pretty good teams....Maryland isn't always a free win. Purdue, Rutgers, and Illinois have been free wins recently but I am talking this year.

Iowa looks awful to me. Nebraska looks mediocre. Northwestern? They just got boat-raced by Duke.

Ohio State and Penn State are clearly the favorites because they have quarterbacks that can throw a forward pass.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/11/2017 3:34:59 PM >

Post #: 3436
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/11/2017 4:57:05 PM   
bgdavis

It doesn't help that Iowa seems to schedule creampuffs for their non-conference games. They've got a tough B10 east draw this year with @MSU and OSU, so expectations are already dampened somewhat. Most predictions I've seen are expecting a 6-6 to 7-5 season, with the Nebraska game being the toss-up. They're expecting wins against the 3 non-conf, Illinois, UofM, and Purdue, and losses against MSU, OSU, Wisconsin, Penn State and Northwestern.

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3437
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/17/2017 8:23:53 AM   
Brad H

Crazy finish between USC and Texas last night. Another instant classic.

USC may have its worst receiving corps in three decades. I saw no less than seven drops by receivers.

Props to the kid (QB) from Texas. He played his ass off.

Really shitty coaching job by the USC staff.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/17/2017 8:25:47 AM >

Post #: 3438
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/17/2017 10:31:02 AM   
JC2015

Darnold has had a rough start (for him) this year but scouts talk about him as a high level prospect - like one of the best in years

We shall see

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 3439
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/17/2017 10:33:57 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: JC2015

Darnold has had a rough start (for him) this year but scouts talk about him as a high level prospect - like one of the best in years

We shall see

The pick six last night had nothing to do with him. It hit his receiver right in the hands. Just like six other balls they dropped.

He drove his team down the field in 35 seconds for a game-tying field goal.

Post #: 3440
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/17/2017 11:44:32 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

We shall see

Off target throws a lot of the night. But, he(Darnold) will get to pad his stats when conference play starts.

Mayfield will light up Texas for 40-50.

Darnold should make pros though. Ceiling is a Andy Dalton type career, which wouldn't be a bad thing.
Post #: 3441
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/17/2017 11:55:48 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

We shall see

Off target throws a lot of the night. But, he(Darnold) will get to pad his stats when conference play starts.

Darnold should make pros though. Ceiling is a Andy Dalton type career, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Yea, okay.

Post #: 3442
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/17/2017 11:58:24 AM   
JTC2017

quote:

quote:

quote:

We shall see

Yea, okay.

comedy

2016 Vikings Defense: "You can't throw passes from your ass!"
Post #: 3443
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/17/2017 1:28:27 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: JTC2017

quote:

quote:

quote:

We shall see

Yea, okay.

comedy

We've seen this hyped USC QB thing how many times. Keep falling for it.
Post #: 3444
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/17/2017 4:33:52 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We shall see

Yea, okay.

comedy

When was the last Oklahoma QB worth a shit?

Post #: 3445
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/17/2017 5:17:27 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We shall see

Yea, okay.

comedy

????

I'm an NDSU fan but I guess I would have to say the guy that won the Heisman Trophy (White). Not sure if he ever made it on an NFL roster.

Mayfield will play in the pros. Got some Favre to his game. Also some Manziel so you never know.

Anyway, I gave Darnold a compliment. Dalton is a multiple pro bowler and has mostly been solid during his career.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 9/17/2017 5:19:45 PM >
Post #: 3446
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/17/2017 6:37:19 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We shall see

Yea, okay.

comedy

????

I'm an NDSU fan but I guess I would have to say the guy that won the Heisman Trophy (White). Not sure if he ever made it on an NFL roster.

Mayfield will play in the pros. Got some Favre to his game. Also some Manziel so you never know.

Anyway, I gave Darnold a compliment. Dalton is a multiple pro bowler and has mostly been solid during his career.

If I were the Bengals, I'd start Darnold over Dalton right now and not bat an eye.

Post #: 3447
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/19/2017 7:37:52 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Not a very exciting weekend this past weekend for NCAA football matchups. The best matchup on paper was a blowout. (Clemson vs. Louisville)

I'm not seeing anything to get excited about this coming weekend.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3448
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/19/2017 7:43:30 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Not a very exciting weekend this past weekend for NCAA football matchups. The best matchup on paper was a blowout. (Clemson vs. Louisville)

I'm not seeing anything to get excited about this coming weekend.

If in doubt, watch a Pac 12 game. They are always entertaining.

San Diego State is quietly becoming a fun team to watch (won 24 of their last 27 games). They've beaten two Pac 12 programs in a row. They outgained Stanford 358-238 last week and limited the Cardinal to just 18:46 of time of possession.

For what it's worth, I think college football is way more fun to watch than pro football right now. The amount of commercials for the NFL is out of hand. I have DirecTV and have every game. I can be watching 4-5 games at a time and can't tell you how many times on a Sunday when every game is in commercial break at the same time (probably happened 20 times this past weekend). On top of that, I'd like to see one professional game where there isn't a flag thrown on every-other kick or punt return. The refs have gotten out of hand with penalties, especially on returns. They are so inconsistent on some calls that it is tough to tell what is a penalty and what is not. Every crew seems to have a different set of rules. Some games are borderline unwatchable.

Another rule that drives me crazy is the automatic first down on defensive holding. It always seems to happen against the road team and often comes in a third down and forever situation. If it's such a critical penalty to give a team a first down, why is it only a five yard penalty? Often times it will get called against a guy on the other side of the field.

Seriously, if fantasy football wasn't such a big thing, I think the NFL would be in trouble with ratings. Most people I know watch the games just to see how their players are doing. The Vikings game this past weekend was a perfect example. If I didn't have Dalvin Cook and Antonio Brown on my fantasy team, I wouldn't have watched a minute of that game. It was flat-out boring and played at a very low level.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/19/2017 8:09:55 AM >

Post #: 3449
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/19/2017 9:52:04 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I like what you say, but I also think that most of these early college games are not very competitive. I like to watch a game where the outcome is not clear in
the fourth quarter. When we get into conference play I believe that will change, though.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3450
Page:   <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode