Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/5/2014 10:55:16 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Lowe

Anyone got any hot picks this weekend?

I really, really like MSU to cover against Oregon, and ND to cover against Michigan.

MSU beating Oregon, not just covering and your boys getting taken out by VaTech
Post #: 1326
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/5/2014 10:56:09 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

They will never let this man rest. He was fully investigated and cleared. Now they are going to bring this up again - during football season.

They wait 2 years to investigate? Really?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11466541/florida-state-university-follows-title-ix-investigation-qb-jameis-winston

The timing is shady, at best, but they reported that FSU, legally, had to do this. But yeah, 2 years later? Really???
Post #: 1327
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/5/2014 11:01:18 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

They will never let this man rest. He was fully investigated and cleared. Now they are going to bring this up again - during football season.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11466541/florida-state-university-follows-title-ix-investigation-qb-jameis-winston

The timing is shady, at best, but they reported that FSU, legally, had to do this. But yeah, 2 years later? Really???

If they would have handled it the way they were supposed to, it would be well in the past assuming the findings didn't differ from the criminal investigation.

There does seem to be something hinky with this kid, though. May amount to nothing, but I'd be very curious if I were a GM.
Post #: 1328
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/5/2014 12:11:12 PM   
Troy Newell

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

If they would have handled it the way they were supposed to, it would be well in the past assuming the findings didn't differ from the criminal investigation.

There does seem to be something hinky with this kid, though. May amount to nothing, but I'd be very curious if I were a GM.

From the article:

"My understanding is what they're looking at is much different from what we were looking at," Meggs said. "The standards for criminal charges and student conduct are different animals."

Taking advantage of a drunk girl is not illegal but it probably is most likely against student athlete conduct policies. That said, if they make an example out of him, they probably have a lot of other athletes at FSU they have to go after too.
Post #: 1329
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/5/2014 12:18:01 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Troy Newell

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

From the article:

"My understanding is what they're looking at is much different from what we were looking at," Meggs said. "The standards for criminal charges and student conduct are different animals."

Taking advantage of a drunk girl is not illegal but it probably is most likely against student athlete conduct policies. That said, if they make an example out of him, they probably have a lot of other athletes at FSU they have to go after too.

Prediction: They will find nothing whatsoever, that will justify them suspending or otherwise disciplining Winston.

There is no way FSU is going to bench Winston. Football program is too big of a moneymaker for that to ever happen.

If they didn't have enough evidence to charge him with a crime...there is no way he's not playing if healthy.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1330
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/5/2014 1:15:20 PM   
John Childress

The whole thing has been F'd up from the beginning

I like Winston but if raped a woman he should be in prison.

If he didn't, they need to drop this shit and let him live.

It shouldn't take 2 years for an investigation.

Why bring this shit up now?

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 1331
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/5/2014 1:18:18 PM   
McMurfy

Oregon 38
MSU 10

and I'll be there in my season ticket seat.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 1332
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/5/2014 2:21:56 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Great O versus Great D. Should be a blast. I'll be disappointed if it's a blowout either way. Although, lets be honest. If it IS a blowout it's Oregon doing it. No way MSU blows them out.
Post #: 1333
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/5/2014 3:39:31 PM   
Rob Viking

I am curious to see how the Spartans do. They out Stanford, Stanford in the Rose Bowl last season and we know Stanford have given the Ducks problems over the years. I think the spread of 11 is almost spot on. Value is on the Spartans but they could easily lose by 17 if they fall behind early.
Post #: 1334
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 9:30:56 AM   
McMurfy

What's funny is that Oregon is 10-5 against Stanford over the past 15 years, but everyone somehow thinks they have Oregon's number.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 1335
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 11:03:39 AM   
Bill Jandro

The Ducks have yet to prove they can handle the type of physical, smash mouth style of football MSU will be bringing with them to Eugene.

The Big Ten desperately needs a good showing here.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1336
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 11:10:17 AM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

What's funny is that Oregon is 10-5 against Stanford over the past 15 years, but everyone somehow thinks they have Oregon's number.

Ya, but 15 years is a long time man. People think that because Oregon's 2-3 against them in the last 5. Stanford's been a very different program in that time (since Harbaugh started).

< Message edited by djskillz -- 9/6/2014 11:12:12 AM >

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 1337
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 11:14:20 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Ya, but 15 years is a long time man. People think that because Oregon's 2-3 against them in the last 5. Stanford's been a very different program in that time (since Harbaugh started).

Yep, and the circumstances were really painful... Stanford basically knocked them out of National Championship contention both times...

Coming from a Duck fan, it hurt...

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 1338
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 12:02:39 PM   
Jeff Jesser

B10 already not looking good again today. Purdue losing to Central Michigan and Mcneese has it tied up at Nebraska after a 98 yard int return.
Post #: 1339
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 2:29:52 PM   
Steve Lentz

Nebraska remains in the title hunt.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1340
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 4:33:24 PM   
Bill Jandro

Stanford about to take a 10 pt lead on USC if they can punch this one in.

Good defensive battle. I love Stanfords smash mouth run it down your throat style.

Post #: 1341
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 4:35:03 PM   
Bill Jandro

Stanford misses the FG. What a missed opportunity

Still 10-7 Stanford

Post #: 1342
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 5:23:36 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Nebraska remains in the title hunt.

Once again Pelini shows why Nebraska will never win anything under his guidance. The guy is a complete joke of a coach but the fans and everyone else up there love him.

I guess it's because he's "better than Calahan". Nebraska has some talent on this roster but Pelini will drive it right into the ground like normal. I hope I'm wrong.
Post #: 1343
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 6:56:48 PM   
Ian Joseph

This Oregon MSU game is the business. MSU got hit in the mouth early, maintained their composure and now we have a game.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1344
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 7:05:45 PM   
Ian Joseph

Oh my.. 24-18 MSU.

Believe.
Post #: 1345
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 7:19:12 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Guys make a great point about the final 4 selection committee. Pat Haden runs down, onto the sideline, to chew a ref out during the USC game. He's on the committee. Shady....
Post #: 1346
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 8:05:13 PM   
JT2

MSU/OR is a great game. Mariota took over on that drive. No run game and poor pass protection, yet he finds a way to get it done. Gotta' love that.
Post #: 1347
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 8:43:14 PM   
Ian Joseph

Oregon is for real. I think they FINALLY have the toughness to win a National Championship.

Believe.
Post #: 1348
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 9:12:37 PM   
SoMnFan

The Big Ten is once again embarrassing itself weekly.
The top teams simply miss the "it" that it takes .... to be elite.
There's always something missing on every good squad.
Not trying to sound like an expert, but 99% of the time, just by looking at the rosters and the athletes ... I'd rarely take the B10 team.
I grew up and have faithfully watched it my entire life. My Dad pointed it out in the '70s to me. Theres Big Ten speed, and then theres "top tams in the country" speed.
Obvious differences.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1349
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/6/2014 9:14:39 PM   
SoMnFan

Not ripping any specific team.
I really like what MSU has done, it feels like they are getting close, but they still have a couple areas lacking in that certain "something".
OSU and Michigan are routinely very very good. But rarely the best. Its odd. And frustrating.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1350
Page:   <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode