Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/7/2014 11:15:50 PM   
Chris Olson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Starting out this year, middle of the pack. Given that the B10 looks like shit, we can win it if Leidner gets it together. Kill is a hell of a coach. And, I don't say this as a homer. I've never said my boys can win it all...ever.

Kill is the real deal

how much I would give to bring him to Nebraska and let Pelini walk
Post #: 1376
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/8/2014 9:46:35 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Starting out this year, middle of the pack. Given that the B10 looks like shit, we can win it if Leidner gets it together. Kill is a hell of a coach. And, I don't say this as a homer. I've never said my boys can win it all...ever.

Kill is the real deal

how much I would give to bring him to Nebraska and let Pelini walk

Uh-oh

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1377
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/8/2014 11:12:38 AM   
Chris Olson

lmao

funny though...I would guess Nebraska will try to bring in a bigger name or whatever, but when the Gophers catch up talent-wise, we'll see Kill is pound for pound as good as any coach out there...

Pelini, Hoke? those guys are so over rated...

I hate that Nebraska might have to fight Michigan for a top coaching candidate
Post #: 1378
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/8/2014 11:15:37 AM   
SoMnFan

What we know here in MN is ...
If we have a guy we like, and soon, everyone likes him ..... He won't be here long.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1379
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/8/2014 11:27:51 AM   
SoMnFan

Good to hear Pat Haden got nailed with a fine this morning for his actions on the sidelines.
USC lover here, but he deserved some punishment.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1380
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/8/2014 3:58:22 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Good to hear Pat Haden got nailed with a fine this morning for his actions on the sidelines.
USC lover here, but he deserved some punishment.

I like that team this year. The Pac has some legit competition.

Personally, I would have been harsher with the penalty for Haden. Maybe keep him away for two games.
Post #: 1381
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/9/2014 8:04:01 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

If we have a guy we like, and soon, everyone likes him ..... He won't be here long.

Which is why I wouldn't count on Kill or Richard Pitino sticking around for long. They are too successful to stay in MN. Bigger, higher profile programs will be looking for coaches and will pay them much more, very soon.

Bank on it.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1382
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/9/2014 8:45:09 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Which is why I wouldn't count on Kill or Richard Pitino sticking around for long. They are too successful to stay in MN. Bigger, higher profile programs will be looking for coaches and will pay them much more, very soon.

Bank on it.

A guy like Pitino should show some loyalty for a big school sticking their neck out for them. But with the board of regents denying that Senegal kid is probably the first nail in the coffin.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1383
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/9/2014 11:29:17 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

Bank on it.

Actually with Kill's seizure/health issues, I'm betting this is where he will stick, unless the team wins Big Ten/BCS championships. If he simply has them as a top 20 team, I don't think the big name schools will come a 'nocking.
Post #: 1384
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/9/2014 11:32:25 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Unless? You mean "when". :)
Post #: 1385
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/9/2014 11:37:09 AM   
SoMnFan

Interesting how Penn State is using the Ray Rice distraction to skate away quietly ......
It's BS
You put on the penalties. Leave em.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1386
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/9/2014 11:56:01 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Agreed man. I said the same thing this morning.
Post #: 1387
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/9/2014 8:13:10 PM   
Bill Jandro

Seems like whenever there is an outrage over something and the media is doing overkill on it. Something gets announced that would normally get killed on a slow media day just slides under the radar.

Do you think they wait for that kind of opportinuty?

Although, I'm happy Penn St got the break. The kids are the ones that suffer. The criminals that usually cause the sanctions skate away like Pete Carroll and Reggie Bush. In this particular case however, Sandusky is rotting in prison and Joe Pa is rotting in the ground. Not sure if the administraters above Joe Pa gotted slapped or not.

Post #: 1388
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/10/2014 8:32:45 AM   
Bradley H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Seems like whenever there is an outrage over something and the media is doing overkill on it. Something gets announced that would normally get killed on a slow media day just slides under the radar.

Although, I'm happy Penn St got the break. The kids are the ones that suffer. The criminals that usually cause the sanctions skate away like Pete Carroll and Reggie Bush. In this particular case however, Sandusky is rotting in prison and Joe Pa is rotting in the ground. Not sure if the administraters above Joe Pa gotted slapped or not.

USC got totally screwed.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1389
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/10/2014 8:39:47 AM   
John Childress

The Reggie Bush thing was complete nonsense

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 1390
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/10/2014 8:40:45 AM   
John Childress

I also find it funny (yes, two different leagues) how the NCAA can strip Bush and USC for mino off the field stuff but Belicheat broke on field rules and keeps his title

consistency

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 1391
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/10/2014 9:43:58 AM   
bohumm

NCAA:

Player's family cashing in: Unforgivable
Looking the other way while kids are sodomized in your locker room: Well, you tried, and then complied. We've got your back.
Post #: 1392
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/10/2014 12:02:59 PM   
McMurfy

I think it is laughable that people consider Jerry a Kill a great coach.

Good, Maybe, IF healthy.
Great? Show me something???

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 1393
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/10/2014 9:15:39 PM   
Bradley H

More absurd is waking up on Monday morning and finding out that Ohio State was still rated above Virginia Tech in both the USA Today and Coach's Poll. Christ, they just played the game two days earlier!

North Carolina still ranked in the top-25. Both Liberty and San Diego State had them on the ropes in the fourth quarter.

South Carolina a top-25 team? They gave up a trillion yards against A&M and nearly lost to East Carolina. Their defense is atrocious.

Nebraska #21 in the Coach's Poll? If that's the case, McNeese State should be #22.

The program that should be getting some love is BYU. They are pretty good and have one of the great young coaches in college football.

< Message edited by Bradley H -- 9/10/2014 9:20:06 PM >

Post #: 1394
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/12/2014 7:36:48 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradley H

quote:

USC got totally screwed.

The fact that they never reduced the sanctions later (like what just happened with PSU) is somewhat surprising. USC is and has been a very prestigous school and are media darlings. Plus, this was all Bush and Carroll and both run off to the NFL unscathed and then kids that have dreamed of going to school there can't due to the stripped scholorships.

This dicipline method in College is broken.

Post #: 1395
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/12/2014 8:03:34 AM   
Bradley H

quote:

quote:

quote:

USC got totally screwed.

The fact that they never reduced the sanctions later (like what just happened with PSU) is somewhat surprising. USC is and has been a very prestigous school and are media darlings. Plus, this was all Bush and Carroll and both run off to the NFL unscathed and then kids that have dreamed of going to school there can't due to the stripped scholorships.

Bush's parents were put up in a house 120 miles away from the school and someone paid for it. Heaven for bid a program that makes $100-million a year would take care of people in need. I don't think Carroll left because he was tired of USC. I think he left because he was tired of the collegiate system. All too often Bush and Carroll have been named as the rule-breakers in this case. In reality, the deal was between Bush's parents and an assistant coach.

I have a hard enough time keeping track of my own house and my kids. I can't imagine having to be responsible for 100 families at once.

IMO, the reason the USC sanctions stuck was because they tried to fight the NCAA.

< Message edited by Bradley H -- 9/12/2014 8:10:47 AM >

Post #: 1396
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/12/2014 10:34:41 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

USC got totally screwed.

Bush's parents were put up in a house 120 miles away from the school and someone paid for it. Heaven for bid a program that makes $100-million a year would take care of people in need. I don't think Carroll left because he was tired of USC. I think he left because he was tired of the collegiate system. All too often Bush and Carroll have been named as the rule-breakers in this case. In reality, the deal was between Bush's parents and an assistant coach.

I have a hard enough time keeping track of my own house and my kids. I can't imagine having to be responsible for 100 families at once.

IMO, the reason the USC sanctions stuck was because they tried to fight the NCAA.

Carroll left because the NCAA hammer was about to come down on his program..
Not because he was tired of the collegiate system.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1397
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/12/2014 11:00:33 AM   
Bill Jandro

Carroll was a rock star down at USC. He had it all I'm sure he wouldn't have left sunny sc for rainey Seattle if it weren't for the proverbial hammer dropping.

Post #: 1398
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/12/2014 11:35:40 AM   
bohumm

Wish I could read minds too.....probably not as simple as anyone wants to believe. Greater challenge/reward at Seattle, recruiting/NCAA BS at college level, possibly knowing what was coming
Post #: 1399
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/12/2014 11:57:01 AM   
Bradley H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

USC got totally screwed.

Carroll left because the NCAA hammer was about to come down on his program..
Not because he was tired of the collegiate system.

That is the consensus among the talking heads (and a lazy one might I add), but when an NFL team comes at you with $6.7-million a year and total control of the operation, not many would turn it down. I can't blame him for leaving. He has taken a lot of heat, but not many would do anything differently, including myself.

His option was to stay and run a college program where he is expected to be accountable for 100 adolescent young men with their first whiff of independence.

< Message edited by Bradley H -- 9/12/2014 12:01:25 PM >

Post #: 1400
Page:   <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  54 55 [56] 57 58   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode