Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/8/2012 10:14:33 PM   
SoMnFan

Whoa!
UCLA with over 600 yards of offense vs the Huskers tonight!

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 126
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/8/2012 10:21:30 PM   
Down go the Huskers.
3 BIG upsets today.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 127
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/9/2012 8:24:18 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

Down go the Huskers.
3 BIG upsets today.

Maybe it's time for people to wake up and realize Bo Pelini is in fact a terrible coach. I didn't really consider it an upset because they always over rank the Huskers for some strange reason.

I've been saying for a while now it's time for a new leader of young men. Just because Bo is "better than Callahan", which is debatable at this point, doesn't mean he deserves the job.

I'm quite disappointed in the terrible job NU has done in running it's program.
Post #: 128
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/9/2012 9:57:42 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

Down go the Huskers.
3 BIG upsets today.

Maybe it's time for people to wake up and realize Bo Pelini is in fact a terrible coach. I didn't really consider it an upset because they always over rank the Huskers for some strange reason.

I've been saying for a while now it's time for a new leader of young men. Just because Bo is "better than Callahan", which is debatable at this point, doesn't mean he deserves the job.

I'm quite disappointed in the terrible job NU has done in running it's program.

For the same reason they over rank Notre Dame every year.

They harkin back to the glory days of I. M. Hipp.....

Just as they do with the Irish and Joe Montana/ Joe Theisman.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 129
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/9/2012 10:10:16 AM   
Steve Lentz

Pelini is supposed to be a defensive guru. It sure doesn't look like that the past couple years? Nebraska doesn't have enough speed imo. It's like the NFL in that you have to have a pass rush to really succeed.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 130
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/9/2012 11:11:00 AM   
John Childress

UCLA frequently beats Big8/Big 12 teams

They act like they have no clue how to defend the forward pass

I have seen many years when Nebraska gets beat by the Bruins it seems

As for USC, not feeling them as #1 team with that weak defense

Doesn't mean they can't win the national title, but they really need things to break their way

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 131
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/10/2012 11:57:35 AM   
Karl H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I have a question for all of you college football experts. For the second year in a row Wisconsin has brought in a transfer student to start at QB, which means that the kids they recruited for the spot have had to sit and watch.

Does this give QB recruits a reason to look past Wisconsin for the next couple of years because they can't be sure they'll get any playing time? If O'Brien turns out to be as much of a success as Wilson, who is to say that they won't bring in another transfer student again and again - thus leaving their recruits with nothing to do? Just wondering.

Short answer is no. Those two guys (Wilson & O'Brien) were pretty rare examples. A transfer almost always has to sit out a year, but both of those guys had already graduated so they could play right away. You just don't normally see that. As far as the recruits go, this past year they signed & are redshirting a kid named Houston. I think he was a 4 star and rated higher than Phil Nelson by most. I assume that's why Wisconsin never offered Nelson. Houston knew that O'Brien was coming and it didn't seem to matter (at least in his case). O'Brien is no Russell Wilson. Let's see if he even remains the starter. On a side note, I see Wisc already fired the offensive line coach :-)
Post #: 132
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/10/2012 1:23:08 PM   
Ben Thomas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I have a question for all of you college football experts. For the second year in a row Wisconsin has brought in a transfer student to start at QB, which means that the kids they recruited for the spot have had to sit and watch.

Does this give QB recruits a reason to look past Wisconsin for the next couple of years because they can't be sure they'll get any playing time? If O'Brien turns out to be as much of a success as Wilson, who is to say that they won't bring in another transfer student again and again - thus leaving their recruits with nothing to do? Just wondering.

Short answer is no. Those two guys (Wilson & O'Brien) were pretty rare examples. A transfer almost always has to sit out a year, but both of those guys had already graduated so they could play right away. You just don't normally see that. As far as the recruits go, this past year they signed & are redshirting a kid named Houston. I think he was a 4 star and rated higher than Phil Nelson by most. I assume that's why Wisconsin never offered Nelson. Houston knew that O'Brien was coming and it didn't seem to matter (at least in his case). O'Brien is no Russell Wilson. Let's see if he even remains the starter. On a side note, I see Wisc already fired the offensive line coach :-)

The Badgers had injuries to the recruited QBs this year as well as last year, so it's not like they can't recruit...They just can't seem to stay healthy. It shouldn't have any affect on their recruiting in the future.
Post #: 133
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/10/2012 2:19:28 PM   
I believe O'Brien has 2 years of elegability at Wisconsin.....

Post #: 134
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/11/2012 11:56:09 AM   
Chris Olson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Pelini is supposed to be a defensive guru. It sure doesn't look like that the past couple years? Nebraska doesn't have enough speed imo. It's like the NFL in that you have to have a pass rush to really succeed.

The Huskers not only looked very slow, they were pushed around on the lines...and when T-Magic was pressured, he showed all he know is a few card tricks.

I said, don't sleep on the B1G...

omg...how sad...turn out the lights after week 2...the B1G is BAD.

sigh

not one should be in top ten except maybe MSU at this time (leaving OSU out because of ineligibility, but they look legit)
Post #: 135
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/11/2012 1:51:40 PM   
bohumm

I'm a longtime UCLA hater (because of whiny fans, not the players/program), but my wife and I watched most of the game Saturday and I really like their team, especially QB Hundley and their back. My wife is a USC alum--not a huge fan, but with enough allegiance to be disgusted with me when I said how much I like UCLA's team--and even she was impressed. Maybe the rivalry will be more interesting.
Post #: 136
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/13/2012 8:15:19 AM   
Brad H

How long have I been telling you guys/gals...Wisconsin is the most overrated program in the country EVERY SEASON!

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 137
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/13/2012 8:19:03 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

quote:

The Huskers not only looked very slow, they were pushed around on the lines...and when T-Magic was pressured, he showed all he know is a few card tricks.

sigh

not one should be in top ten except maybe MSU at this time (leaving OSU out because of ineligibility, but they look legit)

2-0 and we are already being written off?????

Post #: 138
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/13/2012 9:21:58 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

quote:

sigh

2-0 and we are already being written off?????

The Big Ten has been living in the past for about three decades. Case in point...the name of the conference. When was the last time they had 10 teams in the conference?

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 139
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/13/2012 2:31:35 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

How long have I been telling you guys/gals...Wisconsin is the most overrated program in the country EVERY SEASON!

Oh FFS!    Your funny dude!  Too funny!

Post #: 140
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/13/2012 3:02:33 PM   
Vernon Smith

Watched the UGA Missouri game Sat. Too bad we don't run a 3-4 defense b/c Jarvis Jones the LB at UGA is a monster prospect...Not sure he could hold up in a 4-3 though...
Post #: 141
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/15/2012 10:09:34 PM   
Ian Joseph

USC has no defense. Wow.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 142
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/15/2012 10:14:24 PM   
John Childress

Overrated USC

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 143
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/15/2012 10:25:58 PM   
The Pac 12 will be a slugfest this year.

Post #: 144
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/15/2012 10:26:12 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

USC has no defense. Wow.

No offense either.

Post #: 145
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/15/2012 10:26:56 PM   
Ian Joseph

Oh well. No sleep lost over that team.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 146
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/15/2012 11:03:18 PM   
Nattie to the SEC again ...

Post #: 147
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/15/2012 11:07:13 PM   
TheGonz

Can someone explain the Matt Barkley hype to me? Because really, watching the guy. . .I don't get it.

The question is not "Who will let me?" Rather, the question is "Who will stop me?"
Post #: 148
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/15/2012 11:27:41 PM   
He's got potential ... but he's clearly a project.

Post #: 149
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 9/16/2012 12:20:10 AM   
JT2

UCLA is very good, good enough to win the conference. Clemson and Florida State are very good.

Franklin is a beast and Hundley has been impressive. Andrew Abbott is the best small safety in the country. The Bruins are fun to watch. Nice to see a competitive conference.

Boyd is a legit Heisman candidate. Hopkins is catching everything and Sammy Watkins might be the best WR in the country. Ellington is fast and powerful. The Tigers have speed.

Florida State turned things around defensively. Might be the best defense in the country. And they have a stable of quality RB's. Wilder jr. would be a feature back for many other big schools.
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode