Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/2/2013 12:06:40 PM   
Rob Viking

Reid's a good coach IMO. Whisenhunt was very good as well and I would have definitely kept him if i were Zona. I hope he doesn't move on the Chicago.

As for Reid he's a stubborn in game at times, but his planning is excellent. He does have some strong in game adjustments. He's probably the best coach at there. Reid's wagon is hitched to Kolb again with no Vick.
Post #: 201
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/2/2013 12:25:58 PM   
John Childress

Reid was very good until 2004

2004 blew his head up and almost every decision he made after that was bad

No one takes their offensive line coach and makes him DC - plain stupid

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 202
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/2/2013 1:00:58 PM   
Ed_Marotske

Ray Lewis calling it quits after the season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8803174/ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-says-retiring-season
Post #: 203
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/2/2013 1:44:38 PM   
SoMnFan

Guy was a game changer
He certainly seemed to change his life path.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 204
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/4/2013 2:32:35 PM   
John Childress

4-12 Andy Reid first fired coach hired
10-6 Lovie Smith - will he get an offer?

Post #: 205
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/4/2013 3:43:02 PM   
marty

I hear SD is interested in Lovie, and I think it would be a GREAT move for them.
Post #: 206
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/5/2013 4:23:49 PM   
marty

Cincy just got a defensive TD, I think that makes it over an 80% chance they beat the Texans today.

I hope the Vikes can come up with one of those tonight.
Post #: 207
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/5/2013 5:06:05 PM   
SoMnFan

Bears contacting Trestman about vacant HC job
The dismantling of the other division teams appears to be continuing.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 208
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/5/2013 5:29:30 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Bears contacting Trestman about vacant HC job
The dismantling of the other division teams appears to be continuing.

That's not such an attractive job, considering they were 10-6. Getting old at key positions, and a head case QB.
Post #: 209
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/5/2013 5:38:53 PM   
SoMnFan

Trestman and Cutler would be umm, very entertaining to watch.
In a car-crash kind of way.  

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 210
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/6/2013 1:54:57 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Cincy just got a defensive TD, I think that makes it over an 80% chance they beat the Texans today.

I hope the Vikes can come up with one of those tonight.

Don't think that's how it works.
Post #: 211
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/6/2013 7:49:10 AM   
John Childress

quote:

Trestman and Cutler would be umm, very entertaining to watch.
In a car-crash kind of way.  

Agreed

The Bears really need to totally dismantle that team and start over

The Ravens are only a year behind them

With Ray Lewis and maybe Ed Reed retiring and Boldin nearing the end it is now or never time for this group of Ravens

Post #: 212
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/6/2013 12:06:27 PM   
SoMnFan

Doug Marrone has agreed to leave Syracuse and become the coach of the Buffalo Bills, league sources told ESPN on Sunday morning.

Marrone replaces Chan Gailey, who was fired after going 16-32 over three seasons. Marrone has yet to sign a deal.

Marrone takes over a Bills team that has not had a winning record since 2004, when it finished 9-7, and has missed the playoffs for 13 straight seasons -- the NFL's longest active drought.

The 48-year-old Marrone went 25-25 in four seasons at Syracuse, turning around a program that had gone 26-57 over the previous seven years.

Syracuse rolled to an 8-5 finish by winning six of its last seven games this season, including a 38-14 win over West Virginia in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl.

The Syracuse job was Marrone's first as a head coach. He has seven years of NFL experience. Marrone spent 2006-08 as the New Orleans Saints' offensive coordinator and was the New York Jets' offensive line coach from 2002-05

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 213
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/6/2013 12:23:49 PM   
ambear

I don't see the Ravens going deep this year, but I think they win today.
Post #: 214
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/6/2013 2:24:26 PM   
John Childress

quote:

Doug Marrone has agreed to leave Syracuse and become the coach of the Buffalo Bills, league sources told ESPN on Sunday morning.

Marrone replaces Chan Gailey, who was fired after going 16-32 over three seasons. Marrone has yet to sign a deal.

Marrone takes over a Bills team that has not had a winning record since 2004, when it finished 9-7, and has missed the playoffs for 13 straight seasons -- the NFL's longest active drought.

The 48-year-old Marrone went 25-25 in four seasons at Syracuse, turning around a program that had gone 26-57 over the previous seven years.

Syracuse rolled to an 8-5 finish by winning six of its last seven games this season, including a 38-14 win over West Virginia in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl.

The Syracuse job was Marrone's first as a head coach. He has seven years of NFL experience. Marrone spent 2006-08 as the New Orleans Saints' offensive coordinator and was the New York Jets' offensive line coach from 2002-05

That would not excite me if I am a Bills fan

Post #: 215
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/6/2013 2:40:29 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

quote:

Apparently the Bills company car only had so much gas in it ...
Not sure anyone outside of the 'Cuse area was beating down the door for this guy.
I agree, I'd be pissed.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 216
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/6/2013 4:59:06 PM   
Dave Odle

What is DeAngelo Hall's malfunction? This is the third play on this drive that he has taunted a player after a play is over. The refs just need to throw an unsportsmanlike conduct flag and shut his ass up.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 217
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/6/2013 5:00:29 PM   
SoMnFan

C'mon over to the "other games" thread, Dave ....

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 218
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/6/2013 6:41:01 PM   
Dave Odle

quote:

C'mon over to the "other games" thread, Dave ....

Whoops. Wrong thread.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 219
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/6/2013 7:28:00 PM   
John Childress

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not sure anyone outside of the 'Cuse area was beating down the door for this guy.
I agree, I'd be pissed.

For real

Why make a hire like this without even talking to others?

Post #: 220
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/7/2013 8:03:18 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree, I'd be pissed.

For real

Why make a hire like this without even talking to others?

There is a reason that bad teams tend to stay bad.  Poor ownership and upper management.  The Bills and Chiefs will not be any better because of the new coaches they've hired. 

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 221
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/8/2013 5:35:54 PM   
John Childress

I see Luck inherited Peyton's benefit of the media always making excuses for your poor play

QUOTE: Indianapolis at Baltimore: This once-and-future-Colts pairing was decided by what did not happen -- six times Andrew Luck hit his receivers with perfect passes, and they did not make a routine catch. Had Colts receivers not dropped so many passes, the outcome might have been different.

No, he simply sucked. Griffin before injury and Wilson clearly were better

Post #: 222
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/9/2013 7:15:15 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I see Luck inherited Peyton's benefit of the media always making excuses for your poor play

QUOTE: Indianapolis at Baltimore: This once-and-future-Colts pairing was decided by what did not happen -- six times Andrew Luck hit his receivers with perfect passes, and they did not make a routine catch. Had Colts receivers not dropped so many passes, the outcome might have been different.

1.  Is there any untruth to the fact that if recievers catch balls instead of dropping them that the outcome of a game could be different?

2.  Where in that statement does the author actually say that Luck is better than Griffin or Wilson? 

Six times recievers dropped passes...now, were they actually "perfect"...I can see how the media might be twisting the truth on THAT point.  But if the receivers catch those passes then things very well could have worked out differently and that statement is not making a claim that Luck is better than any other QB.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 223
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/9/2013 7:59:08 AM   
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

1.  Is there any untruth to the fact that if recievers catch balls instead of dropping them that the outcome of a game could be different?

2.  Where in that statement does the author actually say that Luck is better than Griffin or Wilson? 

Six times recievers dropped passes...now, were they actually "perfect"...I can see how the media might be twisting the truth on THAT point.  But if the receivers catch those passes then things very well could have worked out differently and that statement is not making a claim that Luck is better than any other QB.

We see who the media makes excuses for

It is that simple

I am not shocked that you can't see it

Luck was the 20th rated QB in the NFL yet all the White analysts say he should win ROY over Wilson and Griffin who were in the top 6

It is what it is

They explain away his INTs - which are more than Wilson and Griffin COMBINED

They ignore that Wilson threw more TD passes and won as many games

Post #: 224
RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 - 1/9/2013 8:15:25 AM   
Prescott

Well, then it's obvious Luck is going to win ROY. Has to, for this conspiracy theory to be true.

There's no way Wilson or RGIII will win it.

My real guess is that Luck finishes 3rd in ROY voting behind both of them, and people don't ignore that Wilson has more TD passes, etc.

Luck doesn't have to suck for Wilson and RGIII to have had better rookie years. They both did. Luck had a pretty good season in his own right, just not as good as those two, who had seasons for the ages.

I do like the narrative that the Colts were actually a good team that tanked it last year, based on how much they improved this year. Meanwhile the Vikings didn't tank last year, and their improvement was legit.

Who is good on the Colts besides Andrew Luck? They have an average line, bad running backs, a bad defense, and one good receiver who is way past his prime.

If I had a perfect day
I would have it start this way
Open up the fridge and have a tall boy
Yeah
Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around The NFL (News) - 2012 Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode