Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: MLB General Information PT 4

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  376 377 [378] 379 380   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/25/2017 6:34:45 PM   
JT2

I think it's safe to say Hoskins is off to an amazing start. Just hit his 9th HR. 16 games. Less than 60 AB's.
Post #: 9426
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/27/2017 9:26:25 PM   
SoMnFan

Stanton smacked #50 today
Go get it big fella
Post #: 9427
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/27/2017 9:26:50 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

I think it's safe to say Hoskins is off to an amazing start. Just hit his 9th HR. 16 games. Less than 60 AB's.

10 in 17 unreal
Post #: 9428
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/28/2017 8:22:09 PM   
SoMnFan

Pillar is fun to watch in CF too.

https://www.facebook.com/mlb/videos/10155697863547451/
Post #: 9429
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/28/2017 8:33:05 PM   
SoMnFan

Cleveland with a late lead on the Yanks.
O's and Mariners in a tight one down to the wire. O's up 7-6 late
Jays losing to the Red Sox late
Royals getting POUNDED again tonight (love that)
Angels and A's later
Post #: 9430
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/28/2017 8:35:53 PM   
SoMnFan

Nats activate Scherzer and my boy Jayson Werth
Dodgers activate Kershaw for the stretch run

Now those ARE like making a great trade.
Post #: 9431
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/28/2017 9:12:01 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Saw Max fan Stanton with 96mph shoulder-high gas.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9432
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/28/2017 10:25:59 PM   
SoMnFan

Indians down Yanks
O's beat Mariners
Boston beats Jays
Rays pound KC 12-0
Angels up early on A's

Yanks ........ +3
Twins ........ --
Angels ....... 1.5
O's ............ 1.5
Mariners .... 2
Rays ......... 2.5
Rangers .... 3
Royals ....... 3
Jays .......... 6.5
Post #: 9433
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/28/2017 10:44:18 PM   
JT2

quote:

Indians down Yanks
O's beat Mariners
Boston beats Jays
Rays pound KC 12-0
Angels up early on A's

Yanks ........ +3
Twins ........ --
Angels ....... 1.5
O's ............ 1.5
Mariners .... 2
Rays ......... 2.5
Rangers .... 3
Royals ....... 3
Jays .......... 6.5

Not to be a broken record, but the O's are coming.

Starting Pitching getting better. Beckham was a great get. Machado much better in the second half, and Schoop is a great young talent.

They have little in way of left handed bats, Smith really dropped off, but they hit hit the ball hard.
Post #: 9434
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/28/2017 10:48:23 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

Saw Max fan Stanton with 96mph shoulder-high gas.

Both of those guys are fantastic. Stanton is really easy to like, IMO. Humble, praises his opponents when they best him. The cat crushes every mistake you make.
Post #: 9435
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/28/2017 10:48:31 PM   
SoMnFan

Looked at Mannys stats back when they were at Target and went ... "someone's gonna catch hell soon"
He's been carrying them, and he has that ability.
Knew they were better than they were playing at the half pole.
I'd want Buck in my dugout if I had one game to win for keeps. Really think he's good.
He's on my current Mt Rushmore with Girardi, Maddon, and Molitor of course (that's for Matty)
Post #: 9436
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/28/2017 10:53:22 PM   
JT2

quote:

Looked at Mannys stats back when they were at Target and went ... "someone's gonna catch hell soon"
He's been carrying them, and he has that ability.
Knew they were better than they were playing at the half pole.
I'd want Buck in my dugout if I had one game to win for keeps. Really think he's good.
He's on my current Mt Rushmore with Girardi, Maddon, and Molitor of course (that's for Matty)

Love Buck. Seems to have that perfect mixture of hard ass and nurturing teacher. Knows the game as well as anybody. He's a pro.
Post #: 9437
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/28/2017 11:40:48 PM   
SoMnFan

One of those things about sport, that you just cannot explain ....

WOW
Just ....... WOW

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Royals are closing in on a major league futility record.

The Royals extended their scoreless streak to 43 innings, five shy of the record, getting shut out for a fourth straight game in a 12-0 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday night.

Kansas City hasn't scored since the second inning of a 3-2 loss to Colorado last Thursday, and it was blanked three times over the weekend by Cleveland. The 1968 Chicago Cubs and the 1906 Philadelphia Athletics hold the major league record at 48 innings.

The 1992 Cubs were the last team to be blanked in four straight games, and it hasn't happened in the AL since the 1964 Washington Senators -- nine years before the adoption of the designated hitter. No team has been shut out in five straight games since at least 1913, according to information gathered from baseball-reference.com.

"I hate to say it, but it's all about learning how to lose," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "This can really wear you down and prolong streaks like this for a long time because it's very hard when you're losing these types of games because disappointment sets in, frustration sets in.

"At the end of the day if we haven't scored in four days, I can still look at this group knowing that this group has been all in for four days. They've played to the last out for four games. There is nothing more than I can ask from them."

The Royals were two games out of first place on July 28 after a nine-game winning streak. Since then, they have lost 19 of 29 and are 10 games behind AL Central-leading Cleveland and three games back of Minnesota for the final AL wild card.
Post #: 9438
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/29/2017 12:46:51 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Indians down Yanks
O's beat Mariners
Boston beats Jays
Rays pound KC 12-0
Angels up early on A's

Yanks ........ +3
Twins ........ --
Angels ....... 1.5
O's ............ 1.5
Mariners .... 2
Rays ......... 2.5
Rangers .... 3
Royals ....... 3
Jays .......... 6.5

Angels beat the A's
Trail by a game for the second WC spot.
Post #: 9439
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/29/2017 8:26:44 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

Yesterday I heard Mackey say "with Buxton, it's like the Twins made a trade for the best player in the league for the stretch run."

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9440
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/29/2017 8:35:30 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

WOW
Just ....... WOW

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Royals are closing in on a major league futility record.

The Royals extended their scoreless streak to 43 innings, five shy of the record, getting shut out for a fourth straight game in a 12-0 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday night.

Kansas City hasn't scored since the second inning of a 3-2 loss to Colorado last Thursday, and it was blanked three times over the weekend by Cleveland. The 1968 Chicago Cubs and the 1906 Philadelphia Athletics hold the major league record at 48 innings.

The 1992 Cubs were the last team to be blanked in four straight games, and it hasn't happened in the AL since the 1964 Washington Senators -- nine years before the adoption of the designated hitter. No team has been shut out in five straight games since at least 1913, according to information gathered from baseball-reference.com.

"I hate to say it, but it's all about learning how to lose," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "This can really wear you down and prolong streaks like this for a long time because it's very hard when you're losing these types of games because disappointment sets in, frustration sets in.

"At the end of the day if we haven't scored in four days, I can still look at this group knowing that this group has been all in for four days. They've played to the last out for four games. There is nothing more than I can ask from them."

The Royals were two games out of first place on July 28 after a nine-game winning streak. Since then, they have lost 19 of 29 and are 10 games behind AL Central-leading Cleveland and three games back of Minnesota for the final AL wild card.

Can you imagine this place if the Twins were the Royals???? Mark and Kerry would set records for .

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9441
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/29/2017 11:02:43 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

Yesterday I heard Mackey say "with Buxton, it's like the Twins made a trade for the best player in the league for the stretch run."

OMG

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 9442
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/29/2017 11:05:47 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

WOW
Just ....... WOW

Can you imagine this place if the Twins were the Royals???? Mark and Kerry would set records for .

I am pissed off about this and I don't particularly like the Royals especially with that POS Alex Gordon roaming around in LF with one of the worst bats for a starting player in MLB.

Post #: 9443
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/29/2017 11:07:42 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

WOW
Just ....... WOW

I am pissed off about this and I don't particularly like the Royals especially with that POS Alex Gordon roaming around in LF with one of the worst bats for a starting player in MLB.

I looked up Gordon's stats on the year. .199 BA, 5 HR and 31 RBI. Worst contract EVER in MLB.

Post #: 9444
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/29/2017 11:08:09 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WOW
Just ....... WOW

I looked up Gordon's stats on the year. .199 BA, 5 HR and 31 RBI. Worst contract EVER in MLB. But Matt and Dustin wanted him in the worst way.

Post #: 9445
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/29/2017 11:59:52 AM   
twinsfan

Is there any chance Buxton will end up with more WAR than Trout this season?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9446
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/29/2017 12:00:59 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WOW
Just ....... WOW

I looked up Gordon's stats on the year. .199 BA, 5 HR and 31 RBI. Worst contract EVER in MLB. But Matt and Dustin wanted him in the worst way.

I guess I was maybe wrong about Gordon.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9447
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/29/2017 5:50:18 PM   
twinsfan

Danny Duffy MRI, DL and DUI. That's a lot of acronyms all at once.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9448
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/29/2017 9:05:00 PM   
SoMnFan

Stanton hits #51

Sale the quickest to 1500 Ks? That surprises me
Post #: 9449
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/29/2017 11:16:44 PM   
twinsfan

Seems like Sale has been around too long to just now hit 1,500 strikeouts.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9450
Page:   <<   < prev  376 377 [378] 379 380   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  376 377 [378] 379 380   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode