Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: MLB General Information PT 4

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  417 418 [419] 420 421   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/29/2018 1:02:16 PM   
SoMnFan

The Twins FB page all giddy about the Indians having to rid themselves of all Wahoo logos ....
In my best Herb Brooks...... "worry about yourself, you got plenty there to keep ya busy ..."
Post #: 10451
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/29/2018 1:11:19 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

The Twins FB page all giddy about the Indians having to rid themselves of all Wahoo logos ....
In my best Herb Brooks...... "worry about yourself, you got plenty there to keep ya busy ..."

Smart, Young GM....has all kinds of Outfield pieces and all kinds of Cap Space. Upgrades OF and still has money for a pitcher.

Remember when TR had all kind of outfield pieces and we got nothing in return.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 10452
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/29/2018 1:13:39 PM   
twinsfan

The Indians will remove the Chief Wahoo logo from their caps and jerseys starting in 2019.

Must have already received their 2018 jerseys.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10453
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/29/2018 2:44:12 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Smart, Young GM....has all kinds of Outfield pieces and all kinds of Cap Space. Upgrades OF and still has money for a pitcher.

So smart

That they do nothing

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10454
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/29/2018 2:49:43 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed
quote:

quote:

So smart
That they do nothing

Still waiting for our FO to buck the norm....trading for Jamie Garcia and trading him a week later was closer to the norm than not but at least they got some solid prospects.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 10455
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/29/2018 2:51:21 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So smart
That they do nothing

Still waiting for our FO to buck the norm....trading for Jamie Garcia and trading him a week later was closer to the norm than not but at least they got some solid prospects.

More shiny coins!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10456
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/29/2018 3:16:03 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

I did read this post, but it lacked sufficient detail IMO.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10457
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/29/2018 5:39:16 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

I did read this post, but it lacked sufficient detail IMO.

I try to avoid facebook at all costs.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 10458
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 8:35:54 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

The Indians will remove the Chief Wahoo logo from their caps and jerseys starting in 2019.

Loved Conan's response last night. To paraphrase ... The Cleveland Indians decided that their logo was racially insensitive and offensive. So they decided to use it one more year and then get rid of it.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 10459
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 8:47:42 AM   
SoMnFan

Continue to be saddened by the trend of removing all remnants of Indian culture, in the name of doing things right.
My generation grew up WANTING to be Chiefs, Warriors, Braves, or just Indians.
They were symbols of pride and symbols of our sports teams. They highlighted strength, pride, loyalty, bravery, etc.
It made kids want to read about the legends of the Indian nations.
It gave us a different perspective than what we heard adults condemn Indian people for.
So you take away the good feelings and all that is left is the bad imo.
The goofy Chief Wahoo character is a no-brainer of course ... but most of the rest of these currently under attack, are innocent victims of kooks, imo.
Congrats, you've removed the proud and noble symbols. What are you shooting for? One-armed bandits? Alcohol-damaged homeless?
Just plain sad, imo.
And before I get skewered, I DO have a tiny bit of Indian blood in me, and I'm damn proud of it. And wish I had more.
Post #: 10460
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 9:02:49 AM   
Mr. Ed

IMO

It's all much ado about nothing.
IF I was Native American, I would care less a out a sports team with the logo. Am shocked Chicago/NHL hasn't gotten
the full pressure to change as well.
Some of this PC in the world is just stupid.

Eventually teams will have to be non living names, because all other names will be found to be offensive to someone(s).

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10461
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 9:03:39 AM   
Mr. Ed

Change Oregon State Nickname because some people find it sexually offensive.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10462
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 9:05:30 AM   
Mr. Ed

Change USC because the condom competition says it's unfair advertising.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10463
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 9:06:03 AM   
Mr. Ed

Drop Vikings because they were winners, compared to this bunch.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10464
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 9:09:09 AM   
SoMnFan

Good stuff Ed
BlackHawks will always be exempt ... because the jersey is so cool. Simple, and stupid, as that.
Post #: 10465
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 9:24:59 AM   
TJSweens

It didn't help North Dakota. That was a great logo. Very dignified and respectful. One of the Souix tribes in the area was fine with them keeping the name and logo. The other was deeply offended ... unless of course ND wanted to fork over a bunch of cash ... in that case they could get over it.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 10466
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 9:28:18 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Change Oregon State Nickname because some people find it sexually offensive.

What about my people ... the Irish? That Notre Dame logo is offensive. We're all a bunch of drunken little runts looking for a fight ... okay I guess that part is true ... but we never use a fighting stance like that ... you'd get your ass kicked from that stance.

Post #: 10467
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 9:34:37 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

e never use a fighting stance like that ... you'd get your ass kicked from that stance.

Blackhawks/Cool

Yah, I have red and black jerseys. Not game ones, but sweatshirt types.
They are way cool.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10468
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 9:58:29 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

e never use a fighting stance like that ... you'd get your ass kicked from that stance.

Blackhawks/Cool

Yah, I have red and black jerseys. Not game ones, but sweatshirt types.
They are way cool.

It'll always stay
Agree, the UND logo was sweet as well. But it's a national vs regional thing.
Post #: 10469
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 10:13:37 AM   
Mr. Ed

In a sudden piece of heartbreaking news, Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports reports that former Padres and Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers has passed away at the age of 56. Towers had been diagnosed with anaplastic thyroid cancer this past December.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10470
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 10:14:52 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

This sucks! The Indians Wahoo logo is a tradition born to Cleveland as a ML franchise. Screw political correctness. What a crock!

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 10471
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 10:15:44 AM   
Mr. Ed

The Royals took a second cost-cutting step last night and added a pair of controllable right-handers, acquiring Jesse Hahn and minor leaguer Heath Fillmyer from the Athletics in a trade that sent lefty Ryan Buchter, first baseman/outfielder Brandon Moss and a reported $3.25MM in salary relief to help cover some of Moss’ contract. It’s the second cost-cutting measure of the winter for the rebuilding Royals, who’ve also traded Joakim Soria and controllable lefty Scott Alexander in a three-team deal with the White Sox and Dodgers.

“The economic part of it is very real to us,” GM Dayton Moore tells Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star. Dodd notes that the cost savings could be put toward a contract to bring Eric Hosmer back to Kansas City — a notion to which the Royals are reportedly very open in spite of their rebuilding initiatives. The Royals, according to Dodd, hope to open the season with a payroll in the $105-110MM range. That’s a tall order, considering they’re still still projected for a $113.7MM payroll even after shedding some of the Moss contract. Dodd notes that further salary-cutting trades could be on the horizon, though Moore stressed that no such move was close. (Nor, the GM said, is a free-agent signing.)
The Royals could still jettison Jason Hammel’s remaining $9MM salary (plus a $2MM option buyout) or market Kelvin Herrera and his $7.9375MM contract for the 2018 season.
Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that the Royals’ offer to Hosmer is believed to already be larger than the one made by the Padres, and freeing up some cash in the Moss trade only further benefits the Royals’ chances. The Padres would consider “tweaking” their offer if negotiations came down to a slim margin, he adds, but to date the Friars haven’t shown much of a willingness to substantially increase their bid.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10472
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 10:18:57 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

I am going to purchase a quality Cleveland Indians jersey to commemorate the ending of a legacy just like the ND Fighting Sioux jersey I purchased about five years ago. Whenever I attend a SCSU hockey game, I always wear my Fighting Sioux jersey. It pisses some folks off but I love it.

Post #: 10473
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 10:22:16 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Loved Conan's response last night. To paraphrase ... The Cleveland Indians decided that their logo was racially insensitive and offensive. So they decided to use it one more year and then get rid of it.

Apparently, it is OK to be racially insensitive in 2018 but not in 2019. Play on Wahoo! I suppose now they will also take away the drum.

Post #: 10474
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 1/30/2018 10:29:24 AM   
TJSweens

You damn well they are going to milk every last dime of marketing revenue out of the impending demise of their long time mascot in the coming year. Then they will make a killing down the road on retro jerseys.

Post #: 10475
Page:   <<   < prev  417 418 [419] 420 421   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  417 418 [419] 420 421   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode