Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 7/27/2015 1:05:00 PM   
Dave Odle

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Only in the case where I'm responding to a different Scott who posted first.

Other than that you're Alpha Scott. How's that?

I don't think the other Scott will stand for this. There must now be a cyber fight to show dominance.

I humbly forfeit all bragging rights to Sir TrekGeek
I am King of Nothing, good sirs and madams.

All right, have it your way. (scurries off to challenge David Olson of same initials).

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 851
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 7/27/2015 2:09:36 PM   
SoMnFan

. Go for it!

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 852
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 7/27/2015 2:12:46 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

. Go for it!

I'm cool with Trekky.
You can have Scott.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 853
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 7/27/2015 3:01:28 PM   
Lynn G.

Hoping for a knock down drag out between posters. Anyone.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 854
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 7/27/2015 4:09:41 PM   
JC2015

I am too old for that stuff!
Post #: 855
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 7/27/2015 4:29:59 PM   
Todd M

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."
Post #: 856
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 7/27/2015 5:11:22 PM   
Dave Odle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."

I'm not quite there, yet. I'd make a horrible super villain!

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 857
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 7/28/2015 8:08:39 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman), Die Hard

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 858
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 7/28/2015 8:25:40 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Good catch.

I sure didn't learn that in school.
Post #: 859
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 7/28/2015 10:02:37 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good catch.

I sure didn't learn that in school.

One of the best action films of all time. And Bruce Willis was like Option 5 for the role.

Post #: 860
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 7/28/2015 10:42:05 AM   
JC2015

Yeah, before they got 100% silly with the stunts
Post #: 861
NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/28/2015 2:06:37 PM   
JC2015

By Steve DelVecchio

The NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal and uphold the four-game suspension he is facing for his alleged role in Deflategate, according to one report.

Stephen A. Smith said on ESPN’s “First Take” Tuesday morning that a source told him Roger Goodell will not reduce or overturn Brady’s suspension. Perhaps more shocking, Smith cited a separate source who told him Brady actually destroyed his own personal cell phone rather than just refusing to turn it over.

We have known all along that the bigger issue here is Brady’s lack of cooperation during the Ted Wells investigation. The NFL was furious that Brady wouldn’t give up “relevant” text messages and emails that might help clarify his level of involvement — or lack thereof — in Patriots equipment managers allegedly letting air out of game balls.

Smith clarified that he was told by one source that the NFL is going stand by its four-game suspension within the next 24-48 hours, whereas the information about Brady destroying his cell phone was just “something I heard.” It was almost as if he was downplaying the information knowing how much of a bombshell the rumor was.

Reports in recent weeks have been all over the place regarding Brady’s appeal. There has been some indication that the two sides are working toward a settlement, though reports like this one make that seem unlikely.

If the NFL upholds the suspension, no one would be stunned. If someone can prove that Brady destroyed his cell phone, that would be tough for the New England Patriots quarterback to explain.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-tom-brady-destroyed-phone-suspension-to-be-upheld/ar-AAdBouH
Post #: 862
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/28/2015 6:04:19 PM   
djskillz

It's going to be fun when the NFL's "science" is completely debunked in court and Brady makes the entire league have a black eye for this whole sham of an "investigation". Can't wait.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 863
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/28/2015 6:14:16 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: djskillz

It's going to be fun when the NFL's "science" is completely debunked in court and Brady makes the entire league have a black eye for this whole sham of an "investigation". Can't wait.

Get a room.

Post #: 864
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/28/2015 9:48:34 PM   
djskillz

The whole thing just pisses me off, and I honestly think I would feel this way no matter who it was, because I think it's a reflection of American culture. Most people are rushing to the reality TV angle of "Tom Brady clearly cheated, he's lying, etc." without looking at the "evidence" at all. Again, there is still not even evidence the footballs were deflated under the legal limit in the first place! None! That's just basic science and math. If you're going to punish the Pats/Brady, then you may as well penalize the Colts as well because several of their footballs were similarly "under the limit". Yet your casual person hasn't taken any time to actually, you know, consider that. Again, reflection on the sad state of our society.

< Message edited by djskillz -- 7/28/2015 9:49:36 PM >

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 865
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/29/2015 6:18:56 AM   
Todd M

Guilt was never in question to me. I just never really cared that he did it. Clearly you wouldn't destroy the phone investigators were looking for - that was allowed to be prescreened to remove sensitive information - if you had nothing to hide.

Brady should have just taken his lumps. Like (most of) the public wouldn't forgive and forget. Now he's stuck in the ultimate liar's denial game. He'll continue to fight it. Which in the end is worse than the actual transgression.

Probably end up someday where it always ends up...with an admission of guilt. Then people will be like - way to cheat and lie ya big liar and cheater. Whereas this could have all blown over as a simple attempt to gain a competitive edge against overly strict rules on football regulations.
Post #: 866
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/29/2015 6:37:29 AM   
JC2015

The evolution of Tom Brady from humble hero to arrogant rule breaker.

Back in 2001 the football world fell in love with Tom Brady. He didn't play a lot in college as the coach there wrongly thought Drew Henson was a superior talent. He wasn't highly sought after in the draft because he didn't have a cannon arm or put up great stats in college. But when Drew Bledsoe went down, Brady stepped up and played under pressure with a type of calm and cool not seen since Joe Montana. Yes, he got some breaks - The Oakland Raiders still think they won that snow game! But he made the most of them.

Over the next decade Tom would see 5 Super Bowls and would win 3 of them leading up to last year's playoffs. He married a super model and became America's darling. He, and the Patriots, felt he was invincible. Well from 2004 until 2014 he went through a dry spell of not winning any SBs. He also was getting older. So in 2014 he looked for any edge he could to win one more ring to tie Montana and Bradshaw.

Yes, he had the balls deflated. We know the Pats had already had spygate. The culture the developed was win at all costs. Now what Brady did was pretty minor. Take your fine and move on. But his arrogance would not allow him to do that. He refused to accept any punishment so instead he weakly attempted to cover up and destroyed his phone. He really thinks he is above the rules.
The funny thing is they blew the Colts out and he didn't even need to do that. It is like Nixon bugging Watergate before an election he was going to win easily.
Brady actually is getting off easy. If the NFL was going to come down hard he should have been suspended for the Super Bowl. But in his arrogance he can't accept any punishment and thus this story will drag on until decided in the courts.

Win or lose in court - his legacy will forever be tarnished.
Post #: 867
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/29/2015 8:30:38 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

Dustin - you were the first person I thought of when the news hit that he had destroyed his phone and deleted hundreds of text messages when asked to turn them over. I thought for sure you'd offer a mea culpa and admit that he probably did play a hand in some level of equipment tampering. Of course - if he didn't do anything wrong - why destroy his phone and e-mails?

But I admit I was wrong. You still can't see that he had a hand in something that was cheating. If it wasn't cheating, why the secret communications with the equipment guys?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 868
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/29/2015 8:42:31 AM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

Dustin - you were the first person I thought of when the news hit that he had destroyed his phone and deleted hundreds of text messages when asked to turn them over. I thought for sure you'd offer a mea culpa and admit that he probably did play a hand in some level of equipment tampering. Of course - if he didn't do anything wrong - why destroy his phone and e-mails?

But I admit I was wrong. You still can't see that he had a hand in something that was cheating. If it wasn't cheating, why the secret communications with the equipment guys?

Secret communication?

Also, as I've said from the beginning; he had no requirement to ever turn over his phone. And your assertion that he deleted hundreds of texts also has no merit. If I'm Tom Brady and my wife is Gisele, there's no way in hell I'm handing my cell phone over either. Since he wasn't planning on turning over the phone, there's really no reason NOT to get rid of that phone if you're getting a new cell phone, months after this investigation started. My guess would be that pretty much all celebrities "destroy" their old phones. I know that I would in their situation.

The most rational explanation remains as it always has that the Patriots footballs were deflated to around 12.5 PSI, right at the legal limit, and the Colts' footballs were deflated to around 13 PSI, because Luck likes a more inflated football. And ALL footballs lost about 1 PSI due to the temperatures, consistent with the vast majority of science/math on this. If you disagree, then you haven't really delved into the science at all. The NFL has an inconsistent/poor process for measuring/regulating football pressure, and Troy Vincent didn't understand the science at all so jumped to conclusions that he tried to cover up for in the course of the "investigation". Now Goodell has done the same to cover up his employee's/leagues errors rather than admit their own incompetence.

Again, it boils down to this:

There is ZERO evidence that Brady ordered his equipment guys to deflate the balls. Zero.
There is also ZERO evidence that the balls were ever underinflated at the time of the inspection. Science/math backs that up.

I know you hate Brady and the Patriots, but everything else is just nonsense.

< Message edited by djskillz -- 7/29/2015 9:01:50 AM >

Post #: 869
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/29/2015 8:44:04 AM   
djskillz

quote:

Guilt was never in question to me. I just never really cared that he did it. Clearly you wouldn't destroy the phone investigators were looking for - that was allowed to be prescreened to remove sensitive information - if you had nothing to hide.

Brady should have just taken his lumps. Like (most of) the public wouldn't forgive and forget. Now he's stuck in the ultimate liar's denial game. He'll continue to fight it. Which in the end is worse than the actual transgression.

Probably end up someday where it always ends up...with an admission of guilt. Then people will be like - way to cheat and lie ya big liar and cheater. Whereas this could have all blown over as a simple attempt to gain a competitive edge against overly strict rules on football regulations.

There is no way there is ever an admission of guilt on this, as there shouldn't be, because no guilt occurred.

Post #: 870
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/29/2015 8:57:28 AM   
Trekgeekscott

I still don't get why the NFL doesn't have control of the game balls. Why give the teams any access to them at all? That way they are all the same.

Post #: 871
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/29/2015 9:02:51 AM   
djskillz

quote:

I still don't get why the NFL doesn't have control of the game balls. Why give the teams any access to them at all? That way they are all the same.

Because they're morons. The NFL becomes a bigger and bigger joke each day.

Post #: 872
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/29/2015 9:05:31 AM   
JC2015

Brady's decision to destroy his phone will forever cloud him as a cheater.

Most reasonable fans believe if he was innocent he would have turned his phone over. There were numerous safeguards to protect personal information.
Post #: 873
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/29/2015 9:08:06 AM   
djskillz

quote:

ORIGINAL: JC2015

Brady's decision to destroy his phone will forever cloud him as a cheater.

Most reasonable fans believe if he was innocent he would have turned his phone over. There were numerous safeguards to protect personal information.

Again, if your wife is Gisele, are you doing that? No way am I. I don't care what "safeguards" are in existence. You know there's photos, etc. on there.

Why are they so adamant about getting his phone? Why not go hard after the equipment guys' phones? That would have the same "smoking gun" in terms of texts. The fact is it doesn't exist.

Post #: 874
RE: NFL is going to reject Tom Brady’s appeal - 7/29/2015 9:10:42 AM   
JC2015

The cheating wasn't even a big deal and I am sure many do it.

I don't believe the NFL should have done anything more than the wimpy $25K fine and then move on

The Pats won the SB fair and square.

BUT, it is refreshing to see Brady get heat for the same level of "arrogance" that many other plays have shown in the past.

Brady is like Nixon in Watergate - why?
Post #: 875
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode