Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 10/31/2013 7:14:05 PM   
Todd M

Pretty cool.

These are the guys your kids should be looking up to.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nyjets/comments/1phgl7/hi_guys_im_giving_away_tickets_to_this_weeks_game/cd38saz

GREAT question and I hope this gets more attention.
You are right. There are lots of charities and ministries set up to help Haiti. Some of that money never reaches those in need. I know first hand what that is like.
How do we combat that? We do it ourselves. This foundation was started by my brother Patrick, my brother Daniel, and myself. We are the ones that go to Haiti personally on our own dime and give our time and resources to the kids and families in need. We don't give money to someone else. The funds raised go directly to helping. It's our hands touching the hearts of those children. It can be your hands too.
Post #: 126
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/3/2013 8:51:36 PM   
marty

Indy/Hou game might be being 'swayed' in the Texans favor. I thought the officiating was favoring the Texans, and then we just got a strange overturn on a replay. The commentators recognize it's likely an incorrect call, but they might not realize that a 'sway' might be going on.
Post #: 127
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/3/2013 9:04:47 PM   
marty

The more I see the replay, the more I see the Colts were screwed on the fumble recovery.

A 'sway' is probably easier to cover up, as long as the team your favoring plays well, and the other team doesn't put up too much of a fight. Thankfully, for the refs doing the 'sway' in favor of Houston, the game is at Houston, and there is a lot of pent up energy and desire for Keenum to play better than Schaub, so they should be able to put away the Colts and prevent a close game and suspicion of a 'sway'.
Post #: 128
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/4/2013 8:21:09 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm not happy to hear about what's been going on in Miami. If Incognito is banned from football it would be perfect for me. I hate bullies.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 129
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/4/2013 8:36:51 PM  1 votes
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I'm not happy to hear about what's been going on in Miami. If Incognito is banned from football it would be perfect for me. I hate bullies.

And I hate the counter culture that says he should have "been a man"

Forget that, the problem is the problem, not how someone struggled to deal with it.

Can't wait for people to stop being afraid that telling is the problem.
Post #: 130
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/4/2013 9:27:04 PM   
marty

Lacy having a big night.

Lacy is another player that I was right about, he may end up being ROY. I was loving the way the draft played out, that the Vikes got a WR in 1 round one and 3 1st round picks, until the Packers got Lacy. I was so mad at Denver (and a few other teams) for not taking him.
Post #: 131
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/4/2013 11:07:30 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

let's put this lame ass thing everywhere so we can all enjoy choppy , crappy video and thread locking server slowing CRAP!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Justin Sampson

At least we still have this...

Post #: 132
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/5/2013 8:36:02 AM   
Eric K

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

let's put this lame ass thing everywhere so we can all enjoy choppy , crappy video and thread locking server slowing CRAP!

quote:

Video is fine man, its your rig thats crap.
Post #: 133
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/5/2013 8:39:30 AM   
Prescott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eric K

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Video is fine man, its your rig thats crap.

I actually liked the catch and release, as long as it was a one time thing. They were playing (relatively) well and it was a good play.

If I had a perfect day
I would have it start this way
Open up the fridge and have a tall boy
Yeah
Post #: 134
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/5/2013 11:40:15 AM   
Trekgeekscott

I'm actually surprised that there isn't more discussion in here about the whole Martin/Incognito thing.

On the one hand Martin is an NFL player.  One would hope there is more mental toughness being displayed by an NFL player.  That being said, he shouldn't have to put up with the bullying he did by Incognito and others.  My concern is that the coaching staff or team should have known that shit was going on and couldn't be good for the team.  Now you have 2/5 of an offensive line out.  A unit that has to work well together if you want your team to have success, and you have one member bullying on a regular basis another member.  A band of brothers becomes at group at odds with each other.  The coaches and teammates should have nipped that shit in the butt a long time ago.

I will bet Incognito bullied people his whole life and got away with it because nobody dared or bothered to stand up to him.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 135
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/5/2013 12:17:02 PM   
Prescott

Have you heard the voice mails? I think that's why there is no real debate. Incognito is a piece of shit and the stuff he did reeks of mental torture, borderline criminal behavior.

Martin didn't say anything, so the team didn't know, because he was afraid of more retaliation. But if you ask me, he displayed real strength to do what he did. I think it took a lot of toughness to break the code of silence.

If I had a perfect day
Yeah
Post #: 136
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/5/2013 12:33:12 PM   
Eric K

Incognito went over the top.  That goes beyond hazing and gets into criminal territory.
Post #: 137
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/5/2013 2:30:18 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prescott

Have you heard the voice mails? I think that's why there is no real debate. Incognito is a piece of shit and the stuff he did reeks of mental torture, borderline criminal behavior.

Martin didn't say anything, so the team didn't know, because he was afraid of more retaliation. But if you ask me, he displayed real strength to do what he did. I think it took a lot of toughness to break the code of silence.

From that perspective I can agree, that he was brave to break the code of silence and let it out of the lockeroom, exposing himself to ridicule from the rest of the league and fans. 

but I doubt that's what he was thinking when he left.  More likely he was just trying to escape a bad situation.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 138
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/6/2013 8:16:55 AM   
Prescott

quote:

but I doubt that's what he was thinking when he left. More likely he was just trying to escape a bad situation.

Are you following this story? He knew full well what would happen, and in fact feared the very thing you think he wasn't thinking about.

Now it turns out that Incognito may have been following coaches' orders to 'tough him up' wrt Martin.

If I had a perfect day
Yeah
Post #: 139
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/6/2013 9:14:47 AM   
Lynn G.

I saw the article about the coaches telling Incognito to toughen Martin up. Methinks some heads are going to be rolling soon.
Post #: 140
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/6/2013 9:24:04 AM   
Trekgeekscott

As more information comes out...I am more disgusted with this story and some people's response bashing Martin.

On Dibble last night nearly every caller was digging on Martin for leaving the team and snitching.  The worst any caller said about Incognito was "well maybe stepped a little bit over the line".  MAYBE?  and now it sounds like the coaches/front office may have issued a "code red" (to use a term from one of my favorite all time movies) to toughen Martin up.  Incognito went too far with it to be sure but now he's going to be hung out to dry for this?  If he was put up to it in any way then those that put him up to it should be severely punished as well.

Post #: 141
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/6/2013 7:10:50 PM   
Bruce Johnson

If someone told me to steal money or kill somebody, that doesn't make it ok, even if it is your employer. Incognito acted in a classless manner. I will not be happy if he is not suspended for at least the rest of the season. Martin should be declared a free agent.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 142
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/8/2013 8:44:41 AM   
Duane Sampson

What exactly is his issue with Martin?
Post #: 143
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/8/2013 2:37:44 PM   
Bruce M

Tony Dorsett article in the Atlantic

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/11/tony-dorsett-has-cte/281279/
Post #: 144
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/10/2013 5:16:13 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Here's Incognito's first interview after the controversy. I still think that he went over the line with his voice mail, but I'm willing to admit that there's more to the story now.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Richie-Incognito-Miami-Dolphins-Jonathan-Martin-Jay-Glazer-full-transcript-111013

Post #: 145
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/11/2013 8:22:08 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Panthers Defense is legit.

Shut down the 49ers (held them to 9 points).

Panthers can hang with the elite.  Very good chance at winning a wild card at this point.  and it all started to come together inside the friendly confines of Mall of America Field.

Post #: 146
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/11/2013 9:47:49 AM   
Prescott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Here's Incognito's first interview after the controversy. I still think that he went over the line with his voice mail, but I'm willing to admit that there's more to the story now.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Richie-Incognito-Miami-Dolphins-Jonathan-Martin-Jay-Glazer-full-transcript-111013

Donna Incognito said she would put the bullet in the gun and put it to my head and pull the trigger.

"You put out whatever you need to put out, but trust me, I'm coming back at you, buddy."

I watched the interview, and he comes across ok. But I think it's a facade. I think he's spinning for all he's worth but he and his family sound effing nuts.

If I had a perfect day
Yeah
Post #: 147
Todd Christensen - 11/14/2013 1:39:45 PM   
John Childress

Another NFL great dies too young:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9971641/todd-christensen-formerly-raiders-dies-57

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 148
RE: Todd Christensen - 11/26/2013 9:55:38 AM   
Todd M

Reading about Cam's Thanksgiving Jam.

For me he's the one guy recently I wished we sold the farm for. Over Luck and RGIII even.

They talked about his diet and it being tough on Thanksgiving. He follows a Pescetarianism diet. Meaning the only animal flesh he eats if fish and seafood. I could do that.

McDonalds makes a filet o fish.
Post #: 149
RE: Todd Christensen - 11/26/2013 8:28:42 PM   
marty

He follows a Pescetarianism diet

I follow a similar diet, it's called the procastinators' diet.
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode