Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Todd Christensen

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Todd Christensen Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Todd Christensen - 11/26/2013 9:27:31 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Reading about Cam's Thanksgiving Jam.

For me he's the one guy recently I wished we sold the farm for. Over Luck and RGIII even.

They talked about his diet and it being tough on Thanksgiving. He follows a Pescetarianism diet. Meaning the only animal flesh he eats if fish and seafood. I could do that.

McDonalds makes a filet o fish.

Lol
Post #: 151
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/30/2013 8:19:25 PM   
Lynn G.

I just saw a scroll note that Percy Harvin (hip) is doubtful for their game vs. the Saints.
Post #: 152
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/1/2013 5:56:00 AM   
John Childress

quote:

For me he's the one guy recently I wished we sold the farm for. Over Luck and RGIII even.

They talked about his diet and it being tough on Thanksgiving. He follows a Pescetarianism diet. Meaning the only animal flesh he eats if fish and seafood. I could do that.

Cam is a freakin stud

I agree he is a better QB than Luck or RGIII also

If he had some good young WRs he would be in the Brady range

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 153
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/1/2013 9:34:50 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

quote:

Cam is a freakin stud

He's been in the league one year longer and the 3rd year proverbial light has went on for Cam. He is and will continue to be a very good QB. He has that size and strength of this new QB breed going on.

However, lets not get the cart in front of the horse. Luck is an enormous talent although both he and Griff are struggling a bit this year it's too early to judge them.

After (3rd year)next season we can sit back and take a look at how
Cam
Luck
RGIII
Wilson
Kaep

all skake out. Cam could still be the best of all of em but its too early.

Sure wish we had a QB on my above list

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 154
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/1/2013 9:58:37 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Cam is a freakin stud

He's been in the league one year longer and the 3rd year proverbial light has went on for Cam. He is and will continue to be a very good QB. He has that size and strength of this new QB breed going on.

However, lets not get the cart in front of the horse. Luck is an enormous talent although both he and Griff are struggling a bit this year it's too early to judge them.

After (3rd year)next season we can sit back and take a look at how
Cam
Luck
RGIII
Wilson
Kaep

all skake out. Cam could still be the best of all of em but its too early.

Sure wish we had a QB on my above list

We do but he's #78
Post #: 155
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/1/2013 10:42:22 AM   
Bill Jandro

We do but he's #78 huh??

Post #: 156
Andrew Luck - 12/1/2013 10:43:25 AM   
John Childress

Andrew Luck is really struggling without Reggie Wayne.

It is interesting to see how long it takes him to get back to performing at a high level now that he doesn't have a Pro Bowl WR.

Post #: 157
RE: Andrew Luck - 12/1/2013 10:45:14 AM   
John Childress

Along those lines, as many of said, trading for Richardson was a HUGE mistake

I would rather have Two Pick

INDIANAPOLIS -- Colts running back Trent Richardson has gone from being the biggest trade acquisition during the season to the backup.

[+] EnlargeTrent Richardson
Andy Lyons/Getty ImagesTrent Richardson, who has yet to have success running the ball as a member of the Colts, has been demoted to second string, a source confirmed.

Richardson is being replaced in the starting lineup by Donald Brown for Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans, a source confirmed.

Richardson, who the Colts acquired from the Cleveland Browns for a first-round pick in September, had been expected to be one of the team's cornerstones with quarterback Andrew Luck.

But Richardson, the No. 3 pick in the 2012 draft, has struggled, averaging 2.9 yards a carry and having yet to rush for more than 60 yards in a game this season.

Post #: 158
RE: Andrew Luck - 12/1/2013 1:04:39 PM   
Bill Jandro

Great trade by Clev. Super shitty pick by Holmgren whom critisized the trade after it happened. Noone will be wanting to hire him anytime soon.

Post #: 159
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/2/2013 6:10:06 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

quote:

Cam is a freakin stud

I like Cam, since he came into the league DC have had trouble corralling him because no part of the field is safe. I would still take Luck over him and it isn't close. The Colts are a 5 win team without Luck. Similar to Manning he has to protect his defense by dictating the tempo of the game. Often times the game gets away from the Colts then it's a matter whether Luck can make a comeback or not. Cam doesn't have the best compliment of weapons but he has a good OLine unlike the Colts who have arguably the worst and the Panther D is a top 3 unit and arguably the best.

Still early, Cam struggled mightily in his 2nd season as well.
Post #: 160
RE: Andrew Luck - 12/2/2013 6:17:13 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

Great trade by Clev. Super shitty pick by Holmgren whom critisized the trade after it happened. Noone will be wanting to hire him anytime soon.

Mike Lombardi will be a good GM. Sure he came from the media world, working for NFL.com and showtime. But he also previously worked with Walsh, Belicheck and like him or not Al Davis who despite being senile has a wealth of knowledge and NFL experience. He knew right away you can't succeed with a high priced RB unless you have the QB. He also probably saw that Richardson really lacks the burst to be a true impact player in the NFL. Richardson is averaging under 3 ypc and looks like an injured FB running.

Holmgren is a fool as well. He was fortunate to have Favre and fortunate he got as many years as he did in Seattle. He set the Browns back with the decision to get Weeden.
Post #: 161
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/6/2013 11:34:06 PM   
John Childress

Since Week 9 last season, Wilson's 112.9 passer rating is the best in the NFL.His .786 winning percentage (22-6 in his career) is the best of any active NFL quarterback with at least 15 starts.Wilson is one of only three quarterbacks in NFL history to throw at least 48 TD passes in his first two seasons, joining Dan Marino and Peyton Manning. And Wilson will move to No. 2 on that list and pass Manning's total of 52 if Wilson throws five more TD passes the rest of the way this season.Wilson has a total quarterback rating of 97.0 over the past three games, 17 points higher than anyone else in the NFL.Over the past two seasons, Wilson leads the NFL in QBR (86.3), completion percentage (69.3), yards per attempt (9.5) and TD-interception ratio (6.3) in the months of November and December.

Post #: 162
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/6/2013 11:34:29 PM   
John Childress

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=seattle-seahawks&id=2549

Post #: 163
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/7/2013 12:38:49 PM   
Bill Jandro

Wilson has surpassed RGIII and Luck and should be MVP this season

Kudos to Darrell Bevell for his qb tutlidge and pushing Sea to draft him

Post #: 164
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/9/2013 9:14:28 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Wilson has surpassed RGIII and Luck and should be MVP this season

Kudos to Darrell Bevell for his qb tutlidge and pushing Sea to draft him

Wilson's having a good season, but let's not name him MVP.  Peyton Manning is off the charts good this year.  He's likely going to set the single season TD Pass record and the yardage record.  That guy is worlds ahead of Wilson.  Manning's got the MVP all but sewed up.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 165
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/9/2013 9:47:07 AM   
John Childress

I never said he was MVP or even top 3

said he was better than Luck or Griffin

he has a ways to go to catch Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or Peyton!

Post #: 166
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/9/2013 10:11:22 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I never said he was MVP or even top 3

said he was better than Luck or Griffin

he has a ways to go to catch Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or Peyton!

I was responding to Bill Jandro who did say he should be MVP.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 167
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/11/2013 3:12:57 PM   
Bruce M

I don't particularly like Denver, but I have watched all their games this year. A fun offense to watch, interesting twists and good players. Peyton is so good and I am surprised at how tough Moreno is - I never knew. Ball is doing well in his rookie year too despite some miscues. I watched Decker when he was here at the U so it is good to see him have success in the pros.
Post #: 168
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/11/2013 3:14:51 PM   
Bruce M

quote:

quote:

Cam is a freakin stud

Agree on Cam for sure. He is fun to watch too. I was hoping the Vikes were going to deal for him in the draft.
Post #: 169
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/12/2013 6:41:51 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce M

quote:

quote:

Cam is a freakin stud

Agree on Cam for sure. He is fun to watch too. I was hoping the Vikes were going to deal for him in the draft.

The Vikings are so lost when it comes to the QB position I don't know how Wilf would keep RS with his qb track record.

We need Polian

Post #: 170
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/15/2013 4:47:58 PM   
marty

Packers getting away with lots of contact in their 2ndary, while they are calling ticky penalties on the Dallas 2ndary, it's keeping the Packers in the game. Flynn doesn't look good enough to take advantage, but we'll see.

On the last drive, Hyde got away with about as bad of PI as you can near the goal line on Witten. Aikman first thought the contact was o.k., backtracked on the replay, and said Hyde could have looked back for the ball a little better. It should have been PI, 1st and goal Cowboys at the 3 yard line.
Post #: 171
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/15/2013 6:02:01 PM   
marty

As I said, the biased officiating kept GB in the game. And now you have an INT by the Packers where the defender obviously held Witten's left arm, but the refs just didn't seem to notice that.

Biased officiating + poor Cowboys' defense = Packers huge comeback victory over the Cowboys.
Post #: 172
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/15/2013 6:04:14 PM   
marty

I stand corrected on that last play. The defender wasn't holding Witten's left arm, he was just giving him a bear hug, which should have been flagged as a hold.
Post #: 173
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/15/2013 6:18:25 PM   
marty

Witten was talking to an official after the play about it, the commentators didn't pick up on that. Witten was held.

The Cowboys just scored, and Aikman and company focussed on GB getting an offsides penalty where a Cowboy OL rocked. But it's also true that the refs missed the Packer holding Witten, and the Cowboys were flagged on a holding call by Bryant that didn't look like much of a hold. And Bryant was angry about it. Which may have motivated him to score.

The enormous amount of Packer fans at Dallas stadium were booing when the refs called a facemask penalty, but even on the replay, it looked like a pretty bad face mask, pretty obvious.
Post #: 174
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/15/2013 7:13:15 PM   
marty

It was surprising to me that Aikman favored the Packers, seemed to have a bias towards them winning. He would only point out calls that seemed against the Packers, but made no mention of calls that seemed against the Cowboys.

It would have been a travesty if the Packers hadn't gotten the call on William's game winning INT. The Packers clearly outplayed the Cowboys in the 2nd half, as the Cowboys abandoned the run game. It's possible the Cowboys could have ran out the clock with 4 minutes left in the game.

There were calls that went back and forth in the 2nd half, and an argument could be made that the calls overall favored the Cowboys in the 2nd half. However, in the 1st half, the calls VERY strongly favored the Pack, preventing the Cowboys from having a much bigger lead.

Ignoring the officiating, the Cowboys blew it with their poor play calling, and poor defense. What also can't be ignored is the fact that Romo does have a tendency to make poor throws at crucial times, and was especially bad on 3rd downs in this game.
Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Todd Christensen Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode