Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Todd Christensen

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Todd Christensen Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/15/2013 7:23:27 PM   
John Childress

Nick Foles is the most overrated QB I have seen in a while

I mean overrated by the passer rating system

He throws some serious Ponder balls out there that, until this week, miraculoustly fell for TDs

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 176
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/15/2013 7:35:13 PM   
Prescott

quote:

the Cowboys were flagged on a holding call by Bryant that didn't look like much of a hold.

I'm always amazed at what people do and don't think is a penalty. You grab a fistful of jersey and use it to twist the defender that otherwise would have made a tackle, and to me that's a penalty every time, no matter how much Dez cries about it.

If I had a perfect day
I would have it start this way
Open up the fridge and have a tall boy
Yeah
Post #: 177
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/15/2013 7:54:34 PM   
John Childress

"I feel like I was open," Jackson said. "I guess Nick wasn't able to see me right away. It took a little bit for the ball to get there."

Post #: 178
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/15/2013 10:18:17 PM   
Steve Lentz

As bad as Foles looked he did throw for a career high 428 yards today.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 179
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/16/2013 9:31:47 PM   
marty

The Cowboys release Jerry Jones:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dallas-cowboys-release-jerry-jones,2815/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:Week1:InFocus
Post #: 180
RUN THE BALL! - 12/17/2013 6:04:12 PM   
John Childress

FOOTBALL LESSON TO CHIP KELLY

QUOTE: Green Bay ran on 46 percent of its second-half snaps Sunday, twice as often as Dallas. The Packers trailed by 23 at halftime, and Eddie Lacy had 110 second-half rushing yards.

Never give up on the run

Post #: 181
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/17/2013 7:44:55 PM   
Bill Jandro

Jones, who was reportedly stunned to be removed from his ownership duties, issued a statement on his website thanking himself for all his hard work and years of service.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 182
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/17/2013 8:10:25 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Jones, who was reportedly stunned to be removed from his ownership duties, issued a statement on his website thanking himself for all his hard work and years of service.

Its The Onion.
Post #: 183
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/18/2013 1:39:06 PM   
drviking

Conn. woman with ties to Aaron Hernandez dies
Share This Story
Updated Dec 18, 2013 1:22 PM ET

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP)

Police are investigating the death of a 27-year-old woman with ties to Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots player charged with murder.

Aaron Hernandez
LATEST ON HERNANDEZ

Lloyd family files suit
Prosecution: Fiancee lied 29 times
Defense slams prosecution
Key witness pleads not guilty
Fiancee admits disposing of box
Prosecution seeks judge's recusal
Fugitive witness caught by cops
Lawyer: DA abused fiancee

Tabitha Perry was found unconscious and not breathing inside a Southington home. She died Monday.

Perry, of Bristol, survived a car accident in June that killed Hernandez's friend Thaddeus Singleton III. Police say she and Singleton, who was married to Hernandez's cousin, had a child together.

The state medical examiner's office said Tuesday that Perry's death required further study, and police said they were waiting for the results of toxicology tests.

''There were no suspicious circumstances found at the time of the investigation,'' Sgt. Jeffry Dobratz said in a release.

Hernandez, who grew up in Bristol, is charged with murder in the shooting death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, whose body was found June 17 not far from Hernandez's mansion in North Attleborough, Mass. He has pleaded not guilty.

Several people with ties to Hernandez have died in the past six months.

Robert Valentine, a brother of Aaron Hernandez's mother, died in a crash in August. Singleton died June 30 when the car he and Perry were in went off a road in Farmington, went airborne and became lodged inside a country club building.

fox sports insiders
INSIDE INFORMATION

Looking for the latest news from around the NFL? Our Insiders got you covered.

Police have ruled that both crashes were accidents.

Investigators have said that Singleton introduced Hernandez to Ernest Wallace and Carlos Ortiz, the two other defendants facing charges in Lloyd's death.

Wallace and Ortiz spent time living in the home of Singleton's wife, Tanya, according to police. The men returned to that house, which is owned by another Hernandez uncle, after Lloyd was killed, according to court filings.

Tanya Singleton was indicted in September on charges of criminal contempt and conspiracy to commit accessory after the fact in the Lloyd shooting.

Another relative of Thaddeus Singleton III, John Alcorn, testified in September before a Hernandez-related grand jury in Massachusetts. Alcorn, whose nickname is ''Chicago,'' is the man mentioned in a Massachusetts police report in June as the possible owner of a .38-caliber gun seized from a car after an accident in Springfield, Mass.

Authorities have been investigating whether Hernandez is linked to a 2012 double homicide in Boston that reportedly involved a .38-caliber gun.

While investigating Lloyd's death, police searched the home where Singleton lived in Bristol and found an SUV rented in Hernandez's name that was wanted in connection with those killings.

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 184
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/18/2013 2:06:41 PM   
John Childress

wow

sounds like a Lifetime movie

Post #: 185
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/18/2013 8:36:22 PM   
marty

I guess I just long for the days when PI was PI. When, if you got there early it was PI. I remember watching the 49ers' 2ndary in the 80s, and being impressed that they got there just before the ball, or just as it arrived. When they got there early, it was usually flagged. In the 80s, it didn't feel like they were controlling games with calls and non calls of PI.

In the 90s, after the Dallas dynasty ended, GB won the SB with a good team, but a team that got away with a lot of contact in their 2ndary, a tradition that has continued with their team right up to today. Then after 2000, leading up to the Patriots SB win, there was NE the 2ndary getting away with a large amount of contact in the playoffs, sometimes against the Colts. Then the only year the Colts won the SB, they were allowed a lot of contact with their 2ndary against NE in the playoffs, but NE was called tightly. Then you had last years' SB where the 49ers were called tightly, but the Ravens were allowed to get away with plenty of contact.

In the regular season this year, we saw the Ravens get a similar bias against Minnesota a week ago, and on Monday night against the Lions. They need to redefine what PI is, and stop using calling or not calling it to determine the outcome of games. You can't just say one game they are 'letting them play', or in 1 game, are letting one team play, but not the other team. Or else, just make an announcement before the game and air it on TV, telling the teams involved that for this game, 'we are going to let them play', and that is for both teams.
Post #: 186
RE: Todd Christensen - 12/31/2013 1:14:06 PM   
Ed_Marotske

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

He did manage to get his team into the playoffs.....
Post #: 187
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 1/3/2014 10:44:05 AM   
John Childress

And then there's Green Bay. Since 2002, the Packers are 3-4 at Lambeau Field in the playoffs. That mark was 13-0 before '02.

Drew Brees knows the cold from when he played at Purdue. He has an impressive 65.1 completion percentage in his 11 cold-weather games, but his struggles on the road are well documented. Plus, in five games when the temperature was below 32 degrees, Brees' completion percentage dropped to 61 percent. He is 2-3 in those games with six interceptions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/page/1standgoal-2013wildcard/wild-card-round

Post #: 188
RE: Todd Christensen - 1/3/2014 10:45:29 AM   
John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ed_Marotske

quote:

Foles made a deal with the devil

He throws ducks out there continuously but they almost always get there

27 TDs to 2 picks?

That is insane ratio

Then when you see him play you can't figure it out

Post #: 189
RE: Todd Christensen - 1/3/2014 6:10:28 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ed_Marotske

quote:

Foles made a deal with the devil

He throws ducks out there continuously but they almost always get there

27 TDs to 2 picks?

That is insane ratio

Then when you see him play you can't figure it out

yeah, its crazy, his numbers looked WAY better than he did, when we played him

admittedly, i dont watch much eagles football anymore

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 190
RE: Todd Christensen - 1/4/2014 1:39:01 PM   
John Childress

It is like that every game

You swear there should be 3-5 passes picked every game but the DBs never turn around!

Post #: 191
RE: Todd Christensen - 1/14/2014 1:27:39 PM   
SoMnFan

Outstanding news today
Caldwell hired to lead the Lions
Love that news as a Viking fan
A lateral move from Gym Shortz
Guarantees several more years of frustrating Lions FB

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 192
Percy Harvin out......AGAIN! - 1/14/2014 1:30:13 PM   
Nordic Don

Percy Harvin suffers concussion and is listed as questionable for the NFC Championship game......is anyone complaining that we got rid of this kid? Don't get me wrong he is a playmaker and talented when healthy but that is the issue is that he is damaged goods and cannot get on the field let alone be a consistent contributor. Other than a great kickoff and one reception against us, what has he done?
Post #: 193
RE: Percy Harvin out......AGAIN! - 1/14/2014 2:10:58 PM   
Ed_Marotske

I liked Percy...hated to see him leave as I hate having to trade away franchise type players, but I will say in this instance the Vikes made out like Bandits in the trade and Patterson may end up being a better version of Percy when its all said and done.
Post #: 194
RE: Percy Harvin out......AGAIN! - 1/21/2014 3:20:08 PM   
Trekgeekscott

http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/21/adam-gase-cleveland-browns-denver-broncos/?eref=sihp

This is just getting sad.

ANOTHER coach pulls his name from consideration for the HC of Cleveland.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 195
RE: Percy Harvin out......AGAIN! - 1/22/2014 11:20:16 AM   
John Childress

This is my favorite NFL player - yes, THAT Richard Sherman - STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON!

Did you know he had a 4.1 GPA in high school at Dominguez and 3.8 GPA at Stanford?

He was projected to be a backup in the NFL and went late in the draft.

Instead he made himself into the best CB in the game.

Oh yeah, he likes to talk a little trash. For that, he has earned the wrath of racists across the country:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/sports/2014/01/22/pmt-rachel-nichols-richard-sherman-interview.cnn.html

Classroom Superstar

In 2005, Sherman's excellence in the classroom was the centerpiece of a profile by Eric Sondheimer of the Los Angeles Times. Compton gained a national reputation as the epicenter of Los Angeles' gang and crime problems in the 1980s and 1990s, and the state ran the failing school district from 1993 to 2001. Sherman, though, knew he had the ability to excel in the classroom—and that his teammates did too.

"I'm trying my best to get them where I'm going, to the college level," Sherman told Sondheimer. "I'm helping them study for the SAT. A lot of people come in blind in what they need to know, not knowing one day they could be a top college prospect."

Sherman talked the talk and walked the walk, telling his teammates to "quit making excuses" for poor academic performance while posting a 4.1 GPA—more than good enough to be accepted into Stanford, the first Dominguez player in over 20 years to be good enough athletically and academically to earn an invite there.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1929771-getting-to-know-richard-sherman

Post #: 196
RE: Percy Harvin out......AGAIN! - 1/22/2014 11:33:44 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

This is my favorite NFL player - yes, THAT Richard Sherman - STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON!

Did you know he had a 4.1 GPA in high school at Dominguez and 3.8 GPA at Stanford?

Yes I did.

quote:

He was projected to be a backup in the NFL and went late in the draft.

Instead he made himself into the best CB in the game.

Partially through the use of PEDs.  Good for him for "working so hard"

quote:

Oh yeah, he likes to talk a little trash. For that, he has earned the wrath of racists across the country:

What he did was beyond "talking a little trash" and what he earned was not the wrath of racists (who already have wrath for him regardless) but the wrath of those who like to see good sporstmanship by professional athletes. 

Once again you malign anyone that has the "audacity" to criticize the poor sportsmanship of an NFL player and call them a racist.  Once again, you are wrong and I call full out BULLSHIT.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 197
RE: General NFL Talk - 1/22/2014 12:13:10 PM   
Lynn G.

Good golly - so poor little Richard Sherman got called out for being a loudmouth. This one piece of blowback he has gotten amounts to a tiny blip in the season. One or two days of being talked about for the loudmouth interview, but a whole season (and now the Superbowl) of being talked about because of what he brings to the game.

Seriously, if he (and his supporters) are so weak kneed about a couple of days of criticism they're in the wrong business. Get the freak over it. He will be playing in the Superbowl - why can't his supporters focus on that instead of making him out to be some kind of pitiful victim?
Post #: 198
RE: General NFL Talk - 1/22/2014 12:19:29 PM   
Trekgeekscott

This was the same WEEI interview in which Brady not-so-subtly criticized Richard Sherman for his now-famous interview after Seattle’s NFC title game win. “We win with graciousness, and when we lose we can do better,” Brady offered.

Brady needs to shut the hell up too.  After the way he berated a ref after a loss. 

He shouldn't be criticizing Sherman when he himself displayed some serious lack of sportsmanship.

Post #: 199
RE: General NFL Talk - 1/23/2014 12:00:07 PM   
Todd M

Modell’s lost $500,000 on Patriots AFC champions gear

But it's going to a good cause. The ol ship it to a 3rd world country...

Such waste. Can they eat the ****ing things?
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Todd Christensen Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode