Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/22/2016 10:10:33 AM   
Lynn G.

They got a gift from the refs at the end of that game. Houston ran enough to get a first down TWICE on that last drive, but both times the refs marked them short.

Funny - that's the only part of the game I happened to tune into - just in time to see the refs screw it up.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1601
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/22/2016 2:28:29 PM   
JC2015

Yeah, but they have had plenty of games this year where the refs jumped all over them

Officiating evens out

I am hard pressed to think of any SB champion that you can ever say won because of the refs

Maybe the one Pitt SB over Seattle?

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 1602
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/22/2016 4:31:38 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Patriots on the 'tuck rule' is the only one that comes to mind. I realize that was the AFCCG but they wouldn't have even made the SB without it.
Post #: 1603
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/22/2016 4:32:15 PM   
JC2015

Good one

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 1604
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/22/2016 4:38:41 PM   
marty

There have been plenty of SB Champs where the refs allowed their 2ndaries to get away with PI in the playoffs, or their OLs get away with holding, while calling it on the other team earlier in the game.

Seattle definitely got screwed against Pittsburgh.

The Giants are one of the only teams I can remember that won the SB despite the refs seeming to be against them in the games leading up to the SB.
Post #: 1605
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/23/2016 10:56:06 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JC2015

Yeah, but they have had plenty of games this year where the refs jumped all over them

Officiating evens out

I am hard pressed to think of any SB champion that you can ever say won because of the refs

Maybe the one Pitt SB over Seattle?

I definitely agree on the Pitt over Seattle game. OBVIOUS ref help.

I also refer to the Green Bay Superbowl with Aaron Rodgers. I don't claim that the refs helped them win THAT game, but the only reason they made it into the playoffs that year was with help from the refs. They had a rather pedestrian season, but got hot in the playoffs. They never should have even BEEN in the playoffs.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1606
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/27/2016 6:47:37 PM   
SoMnFan

The Patriots have clinched their 16th straight winning season, tying the longest streak in NFL history. The mark is shared by the 1970-1985 Cowboys and 1983-1998 49ers.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1607
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/28/2016 2:18:24 AM   
Black 47

Absolutely love the OT format. Why why why why why why why why why why why why did it take so long to go with this format?
Post #: 1608
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/29/2016 2:28:43 PM   
JC2015

Former NFL star Darren Sharper was sentenced Tuesday to 20 years in prison for drugging and raping two women in Los Angeles, capping a case in which the athlete was accused of attacking more than a dozen women across the country.

Sharper was sentenced as part of a plea deal he reached last year - a "global resolution" that his attorneys said helped resolve sexual assault cases filed against him in multiple states.

"I can only imagine myself lying there like a vegetable while he took advantage of my body without my permission," one of the victims said in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom on Tuesday. "I have lost every bit of self confidence I've ever had and am always in fear while alone. It doesn't matter whether it's day or night, I can see a guy and automatically in my head think, 'What if this guy tries to rape me?'"
Superior Court Judge Michael E. Pastor noted the statements she and another victim gave as he sentenced Sharper.

"I daresay that I cannot speak more eloquently or passionately about the horrible misconduct of Mr. Sharper and the unfathomable effect he has had on the two alleged victims," the judge said. "I think their individual statements speak volumes as to this disgraceful abuse of trust and the behavior of Mr. Sharper."

After Los Angeles authorities arrested Sharper on suspicion of sexual assault in January 2014, women in other cities came forward, alleging similar attacks. The former New Orleans Saints safety has been convicted of drugging and raping nine women in Los Angeles,

Post #: 1609
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/29/2016 2:29:25 PM   
JC2015

I think he should have been executed

At the very least life with no parole

ever

Post #: 1610
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/29/2016 3:44:19 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I think he should have been executed

At the very least life with no parole

ever

The Constitution provides a lot of rights. one of them is a right to plea bargain to a lesser charge so as to not suffer the worst consequences. I agree the scum should never see freedom again. But he pled guilty. So he gets off lighter than we would have liked.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1611
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/29/2016 4:39:42 PM   
JTC2017

Why plead this filth?

They should have been able to convict

2016 Vikings Defense: "You can't throw passes from your ass!"
Post #: 1612
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/29/2016 4:58:56 PM   
Bill Jandro

He will be out in 6

My neighbor killed a woman. Burnt her body and tried burying her car in the woods with a bull dozer.

He was out in 4

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1613
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/29/2016 5:40:23 PM   
Todd M

That's insane, Bill!

If there was ever a - don't even talk about parole before 2 full decades pass - this is it.

It should be life. If you can't get the death penalty. Either way - done. We worried about rehabilitation here? Oh, I'm MUCH better now, thanks for asking. All that rapey stuff isn't who I am any more.

Some people should be snuffed out for their actions.
Post #: 1614
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/29/2016 6:18:16 PM   
JC2015

Agreed

Executed

No way is he ever rehabilitating

He raped 6 women THEY KNOW ABOUT

Probably 2x that

Post #: 1615
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/30/2016 1:22:31 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: JTC2017

Why plead this filth?

You get them to admit guilt and get them behind bars.

Constitutionally they have to offer a plea deal for him.

I wish he were thrown in a hole and left to rot... but he has the right to plea bargain

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1616
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/30/2016 1:24:26 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

That's insane, Bill!

If there was ever a - don't even talk about parole before 2 full decades pass - this is it.

It should be life. If you can't get the death penalty. Either way - done. We worried about rehabilitation here? Oh, I'm MUCH better now, thanks for asking. All that rapey stuff isn't who I am any more.

I would be just fine with forced castration for scum like Sharper. Make him life a long life without his penis and testicles.

Post #: 1617
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 11/30/2016 10:01:00 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

That's insane, Bill!

I would be just fine with forced castration for scum like Sharper. Make him life a long life without his penis and testicles.

It's not like he wasn't going to get laid anyway. Wealthy famous athlete with ladies wanting to go with him to party. What a sick pathetic animal.
Post #: 1618
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/1/2016 6:42:28 AM   
Lynn G.

What Sharper did was not about sex. Just like all rapists, it was about control, power, dominance, and probably indicated a very, very strong dislike for women. No one treats a group of people like that unless he feels disdain or hate for them.

Post #: 1619
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/1/2016 8:43:01 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

What Sharper did was not about sex. Just like all rapists, it was about control, power, dominance, and probably indicated a very, very strong dislike for women. No one treats a group of people like that unless he feels disdain or hate for them.

Tell that to all the people that just voted for Trump

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1620
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/1/2016 9:43:00 AM   
JC2015

quote:

quote:

Why plead this filth?

I wish he were thrown in a hole and left to rot... but he has the right to plea bargain

No, they do NOT have to offer him a plea deal

The plea deal is life with no parole

Post #: 1621
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/1/2016 12:37:29 PM   
JTC2017

Gronk out with back surgery

2016 Vikings Defense: "You can't throw passes from your ass!"
Post #: 1622
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/1/2016 12:54:27 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Gronk out with back surgery

Sad news for me.
Man amongst boys when healthy.
Just can't stay healthy anymore.
Herm Edwards talked about him the other day, had an interesting observation about him.
Talked about how most elite athletes fall down. Says most fall down effortlessly and get up the same way. Like they are a bag of marshmallows.
He says Gronk falls down like a bag of bricks. Didn't mean it in a mean way, but its true, often gets hurt while crashing. Hard.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1623
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/1/2016 1:01:05 PM   
SoMnFan

Pretty nice to have Martellus Bennett as the guy picking up his extra reps, tho.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1624
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/1/2016 1:31:34 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why plead this filth?

No, they do NOT have to offer him a plea deal

The plea deal is life with no parole

And since there is no chance of a death penalty the guy would refuse and go to trial.

That exposes all the victims to having to relive what happened to them. and face cross examination and if they have any thought that he may get good enough lawyers (why would they think a wealthy former athlete would have good lawyers) to get them off (like OJ Simpson did the first time).

A Plea deal frees the victims from testifying.
It guarantees the scum will be off the street.
Now if it is true he will be eligible for parole in 6 years, then I would take that away or hope that parole boards would not let him go.
The prosecuting attorney has to weigh the benefits of actually going to trial, and making an offer that will take the scumbucket off the streets and preserve the victims from further psychological stress from facing the rapist who harmed them.

I want the guy to disappear as much as you. I am just playing devils advocate wrt plea bargaining. I believe in our Constitution more than almost anything and I will defend the right to plea to a lesser offense so as to spend less time in prison. and right to an attorney, and right to free speech etc etc etc

Post #: 1625
Page:   <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode