Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  64 65 [66] 67 68   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/1/2016 2:08:32 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: JC2015

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JTC2017

Why plead this filth?

They should have been able to convict

You get them to admit guilt and get them behind bars.

Constitutionally they have to offer a plea deal for him.

I wish he were thrown in a hole and left to rot... but he has the right to plea bargain

No, they do NOT have to offer him a plea deal

The plea deal is life with no parole

And since there is no chance of a death penalty the guy would refuse and go to trial.

That exposes all the victims to having to relive what happened to them. and face cross examination and if they have any thought that he may get good enough lawyers (why would they think a wealthy former athlete would have good lawyers) to get them off (like OJ Simpson did the first time).

A Plea deal frees the victims from testifying.
It guarantees the scum will be off the street.
Now if it is true he will be eligible for parole in 6 years, then I would take that away or hope that parole boards would not let him go.
The prosecuting attorney has to weigh the benefits of actually going to trial, and making an offer that will take the scumbucket off the streets and preserve the victims from further psychological stress from facing the rapist who harmed them.

I want the guy to disappear as much as you. I am just playing devils advocate wrt plea bargaining. I believe in our Constitution more than almost anything and I will defend the right to plea to a lesser offense so as to spend less time in prison. and right to an attorney, and right to free speech etc etc etc

Dude, there's no such thing!
Post #: 1626
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/1/2016 3:46:30 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why plead this filth?

I wish he were thrown in a hole and left to rot... but he has the right to plea bargain

And since there is no chance of a death penalty the guy would refuse and go to trial.

That exposes all the victims to having to relive what happened to them. and face cross examination and if they have any thought that he may get good enough lawyers (why would they think a wealthy former athlete would have good lawyers) to get them off (like OJ Simpson did the first time).

Now if it is true he will be eligible for parole in 6 years, then I would take that away or hope that parole boards would not let him go.
The prosecuting attorney has to weigh the benefits of actually going to trial, and making an offer that will take the scumbucket off the streets and preserve the victims from further psychological stress from facing the rapist who harmed them.

I want the guy to disappear as much as you. I am just playing devils advocate wrt plea bargaining. I believe in our Constitution more than almost anything and I will defend the right to plea to a lesser offense so as to spend less time in prison. and right to an attorney, and right to free speech etc etc etc

The constitutionality of plea bargaining was established by Brady v. United States in 1970,[5] although the Supreme Court warned that plea incentives which were sufficiently large or coercive as to over-rule defendants' abilities to act freely, or used in a manner giving rise to a significant number of innocent people pleading guilty, might be prohibited or lead to concerns over constitutionality.[6] Santobello v. New York added that when plea bargains are broken, legal remedies exist.[7]

So yes there is such a thing

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1627
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/1/2016 3:55:27 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why plead this filth?

The constitutionality of plea bargaining was established by Brady v. United States in 1970,[5] [7]

The Tuck Rule was created by Brady v. Raiders in 2001. Equally as ridiculous.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1628
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/1/2016 4:41:55 PM   
JC2015

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why plead this filth?

The constitutionality of plea bargaining was established by Brady v. United States in 1970,[5] although the Supreme Court warned that plea incentives which were sufficiently large or coercive as to over-rule defendants' abilities to act freely, or used in a manner giving rise to a significant number of innocent people pleading guilty, might be prohibited or lead to concerns over constitutionality.[6] Santobello v. New York added that when plea bargains are broken, legal remedies exist.[7]

There is no REQUIREMENT to plea bargain

We know it is legal

It is not required

THey could have NOT given him a plea
Tried him
COnvicted him
And put his ass away for LIFE!!

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 1629
Former Jets RB Joe McKnight was shot to death - 12/1/2016 7:04:19 PM   
JC2015

Former Jets RB Joe McKnight was shot to death in an apparent road rage incident outside New Orleans on Thursday. es.pn/2fXM20E

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 1630
RE: Former Jets RB Joe McKnight was shot to death - 12/1/2016 7:22:39 PM   
JC2015

Issues up front led to an abysmal offensive performance in which the Seahawks managed just one field goal in a 14-5 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Below are five thoughts after having reviewed the game and looked at the numbers.

1. The Seahawks went into this game believing their pass protection would hold up well against the Bucs, and they'd be able to do damage through the air. They were wrong. As Carroll put it, left tackle George Fant "had a hard time" all afternoon, consistently losing his one-on-one battles and allowing pressure off the edge. Germain Ifedi had a lot of trouble with the Bucs' stunts. And none of the other linemen played well either. Russell Wilson was sacked six times and hit 11 more. He was pressured on 60 percent of his dropbacks, the most of any quarterback in Week 12.

What's concerning is that this was not a great pass-rush. The Bucs came in ranked 30th in pressure rate and 14th in sacks per dropback. The Seahawks entered Sunday riding a three-game winning streak in which the offense averaged 29.3 points. But the performance against the Bucs served as a reminder that it's difficult to gauge what the offensive line is going to look like on any given week.

Going forward, center Justin Britt, who has been the team's best lineman, is expected to return from an ankle injury in Week 13. But the Seahawks have decisions to make at the tackle spots. Do they let Fant work through his issues or sit him for Bradley Sowell? On the right side, do they go with Sowell or Garry Gilliam?

One reason why Carroll is probably annoyed by the offensive line questions is that these issues should ideally be worked out in September or October, not December.

Seahawks are crumbling -read here

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/23456/what-went-wrong-for-russell-wilson-and-the-seahawks-offense

Post #: 1631
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/2/2016 8:35:01 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why plead this filth?

There is no REQUIREMENT to plea bargain

We know it is legal

It is not required

THey could have NOT given him a plea
Tried him
COnvicted him
And put his ass away for LIFE!!

90% of convictions are done by plea bargain.

It is used all the time. And Any prosecutor who refuses to do so is wasting taxpayer dollars to prosecute. Sharper agreed to accept guilt and be sentenced to two decades in prison. Why would a prosecutor deny that for a chance that Sharper goes free?

It guarantees conviction. It guarantees a guy goes to jail that should.

And there is no guarantee that if he's convicted that he would be sentenced to any more time...

What are sentencing guidlines for rape in the States he accepted guilt? Maybe the got close to the max he could have been put away for?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1632
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/2/2016 11:30:11 AM   
JTC2017

No, a prosecutor who takes a plea deal for serial rapist when he has convicting evidence on him shouldn't be a prosecutor

Second, there is no REQUIREMENT that a prosecutor has to offer a plea so you were misleading people with your posts

2016 Vikings Defense: "You can't throw passes from your ass!"
Post #: 1633
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/2/2016 12:24:20 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Fine,

there is no requirement.

But good prosecutors don't ignore the possibility of putting guys away on a guarantee, saving the court time, the prosecutor's office time and money, the victims are spared having to testify among other things. If you have a slam dunk case a good lawyer isn't going to take that to trial if they can help it. The plea it out because it is good for your conviction stats and you hardly have to work by comparison. Trial is risky. If you refuse to offer a plea to a guy that you have a slam dunk case on, you are a fool. You could easily put that guy away for two decades and spare the victims the psycholocgical stress, the court time and the DA's office money...well makes perfect sense to offer a plea bargain deal.

There isn't a good prosecutor in this country that wouldn't have made a plea deal if the defense was willing, especially if they had a slam dunk case. The only ones that wouldn't are looking for the big show trial to forward their political career...in which case they are doing it for all the wrong reasons.

I would love for Sharper to serve a longer sentence. hell I even posted I'd be fine if they castrated him (although that would be considered unconstitutional as cruel and unusual punishment).

All I'm saying is that he can plea bargain and this case can, now that he's sentenced, go away for a long time.

Post #: 1634
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/2/2016 1:14:39 PM   
JC2015

No, good prosecutors - when they have a slam dunk case against a violent offender - put him away for life

quote:

There isn't a good prosecutor in this country that wouldn't have made a plea deal if the defense was willing, especially if they had a slam dunk case.
You are way off base and just making stuff up now

A prosecutor who was tough on crime would never bargain this case

Prosecutors who plea bargain cases like this are a big part of the PROBLEM

That MF should never EVER see the light of day

I don't give a damn if it costs more taxpayer dollars - that is why we employ them!

Post #: 1635
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/2/2016 2:52:20 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why plead this filth?

No there is nothing in the constitution that says defendants have the right to plea to a lesser offense so as to spend less time in prison. "Hey, I know it was 1st degree murder, buuuuuut I'd just as soon plea to say... misdemeanor involuntary manslaughter, time served. Yeah, sure, that's the ticket!"

Pretty sure we're all aware that plea-bargaining does exist, and is constitutional. Defendants have no inherent right to it though, it is a right bestowed upon them by the prosecutor.
Post #: 1636
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/3/2016 12:58:59 PM   
SoMnFan

Clowney ruled out vs the Pack.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1637
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/4/2016 9:21:22 AM   
SoMnFan

This will finally explode Stephen A Smith's head ......

Jeff Fischer supposedly has been extended.
Unreal.
He DOES have pictures of someone.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1638
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/4/2016 9:27:19 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Mentioned today that he will go 16 years, out of 22, with a losing record. That is insane.
Post #: 1639
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/4/2016 9:29:28 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Mentioned today that he will go 16 years, out of 22, with a losing record. That is insane.

Mind boggling. Its Gardy times ten.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1640
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/4/2016 11:11:34 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Unreal.

Has there ever been a better example of the "good old boys" network?
Post #: 1641
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/4/2016 12:05:25 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Unreal.

Has there ever been a better example of the "good old boys" network?

Keep looking at it and saying ... gotta be missing something here ....
You're right.
Its comfy for them all. Must not HAVE to win, because with him, they WON'T.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1642
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/4/2016 2:42:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Unreal.

A Chip Kelly raise and extension can't be far behind.
Post #: 1643
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/4/2016 3:36:12 PM   
SoMnFan

Rams coach Jeff Fisher confirmed that he has signed an extension, said it was basically a done deal before the season and that he does not know why it was not announced. Said he is excited to move forward with this franchise and that "the wins and losses fall on my shoulders."

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1644
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/4/2016 3:38:18 PM   
SoMnFan

Tom Terrific with another NFL record ... 201 wins as a QB today.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1645
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/4/2016 4:43:47 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

Rams coach Jeff Fisher confirmed that he has signed an extension, said it was basically a done deal before the season and that he does not know why it was not announced. Said he is excited to move forward with this franchise and that "the wins and losses fall on my shoulders."

Pretty level shoulders you have there, Jeff
Post #: 1646
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/4/2016 4:55:43 PM   
JTC2017

Fisher 7 years without a winning season

31-43 as Rams coach

Amazing

Never had a winning season in 5 years with the Rams

2016 Vikings Defense: "You can't throw passes from your ass!"
Post #: 1647
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/4/2016 10:51:55 PM   
thebigo

Apparently Eric Dickerson is lobbying for Jeff Fisher's firing.
Post #: 1648
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/5/2016 10:03:38 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Tom Terrific with another NFL record ... 201 wins as a QB today.

Meaningless.

This is the ultimate team sport.

Tom contributed to the wins to be sure but should get credit for all of them.

Post #: 1649
RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season - 12/5/2016 10:19:48 AM   
SoMnFan

Yes, he should.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1650
Page:   <<   < prev  64 65 [66] 67 68   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: Around the NFL (News) - 2013 Season Page: <<   < prev  64 65 [66] 67 68   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode