Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  238 239 [240] 241 242   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/15/2018 1:08:39 PM   
Mr. Ed

Love those BAAA ston fans

Flipping Hill off and throwing beer at him after one of his TDs

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5976
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/15/2018 2:00:08 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

I saw it in New York too when what appeared to be a full can of beer thrown at the reliever that was entering the game.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 5977
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/15/2018 2:16:07 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

& They say the Philly fans are bad...

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5978
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/15/2018 2:17:31 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Good to see that something being done about it.

On Sunday night during the heated battle between the Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots, a Patriots fan disgraced the team by throwing beer all over Tyreek Hill after he scored the game-tying touchdown late in the fourth quarter.

The Patriots released a statement Monday in which they say that fan has been identified, and that the matter has been turned over to local law enforcement.

Additionally, that fan will no longer be allowed to attend any future events at Gillette Stadium going forward.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5979
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/15/2018 2:19:30 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Good to see that something being done about it.

On Sunday night during the heated battle between the Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots, a Patriots fan disgraced the team by throwing beer all over Tyreek Hill after he scored the game-tying touchdown late in the fourth quarter.

The Patriots released a statement Monday in which they say that fan has been identified, and that the matter has been turned over to local law enforcement.

Additionally, that fan will no longer be allowed to attend any future events at Gillette Stadium going forward.

I heard that the Philly fans were warned before the last game also---it is about time.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5980
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/15/2018 3:02:03 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

As soon as I saw his path was headed for those lower sections after scoring, I knew that was NOT GOOD
As a Viking fan, I blame it all on Green Bay
If the league had said from the start to stay away from ALL fan interaction, this crap probably wouldn't happen.
But noooooooo, the Lambeau Leap is cute they said ... This is what you get
Especially when you are on the road, turn away from the crowd. Nothing good will happen if you don't.
Post #: 5981
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/17/2018 12:48:24 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Flew into Phoenix this morning. Landed at 10:15, 12:15 MN time. Was fortunate to be able to check into hotel right away, got to watch the end of the 2nd quarter and all of the 2nd half.

Thielen continues to impress and Cousins was great too. Nice to see some big runs from Murray. Hunter is a BEAST! Great job extending him.

Mack made some plays.

Hope we didn't lose Hughes for the year.

Phoenix is a really horrible city. No idea why it became so populated. Miserable. I bet it's even miserable in October.

Weather wise it's been pretty nice while I've been here so far. Cloudy and a few sprinkles Sunday morning, but otherwise nice. I don't spend much time in big city downtown's, but from what I've seen so far, the area of downtown Phoenix I'm in is pretty nice and modern and safe feeling, even after dark. My hotel is about 4 blocks from the convention center and I'm walking back and forth between those buildings each morning and evening. I have been asked for spare change by 2 people, which I didn't love, but said sorry and kept walking...

There is a little outdoor mall a block away that has a few nightclubs. Including a Tilted Kilt, which I had to visit, purely to watch the end of the Packer game.

What did you dislike about it?

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5982
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/17/2018 7:43:05 AM   
SoMnFan

10. Minnesota Vikings

Record: 3-2-1
Week 6 ranking: 11

Playoff chances: 54 percent. The Kirk Cousins-to-Adam Thielen connection has been a major reason for the Vikings' success. Thielen leads the league with 58 receptions and 712 receiving yards. The last Viking to lead the league in receptions was Cris Carter in 1994, and no Viking has ever led the league in receiving yards. -- Shah
Post #: 5983
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/17/2018 8:34:10 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Flew into Phoenix this morning. Landed at 10:15, 12:15 MN time. Was fortunate to be able to check into hotel right away, got to watch the end of the 2nd quarter and all of the 2nd half.

Thielen continues to impress and Cousins was great too. Nice to see some big runs from Murray. Hunter is a BEAST! Great job extending him.

Mack made some plays.

Hope we didn't lose Hughes for the year.

Phoenix is a really horrible city. No idea why it became so populated. Miserable. I bet it's even miserable in October.

Weather wise it's been pretty nice while I've been here so far. Cloudy and a few sprinkles Sunday morning, but otherwise nice. I don't spend much time in big city downtown's, but from what I've seen so far, the area of downtown Phoenix I'm in is pretty nice and modern and safe feeling, even after dark. My hotel is about 4 blocks from the convention center and I'm walking back and forth between those buildings each morning and evening. I have been asked for spare change by 2 people, which I didn't love, but said sorry and kept walking...

There is a little outdoor mall a block away that has a few nightclubs. Including a Tilted Kilt, which I had to visit, purely to watch the end of the Packer game.

What did you dislike about it?

The heat. Downtown seemed kind of dead at night. Not scary. Just nothing going on. Kind of depressing. I remember going to an outdoor mall downtown, so I was probably in the same area you are in. Seemed like more corporate office buildings than anything...wasn't too impressed with the restaurant selections. I think we stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn, not too far from Chase Field...we only had to walk a few blocks to the game. It's probably better when it's not the middle of August. It seemed like nobody wanted to be outside, even at night, which is understandable when it's over 100 degrees. Glad you are enjoying it. I'll have to try again at a different time of the year.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5984
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/18/2018 12:09:49 AM   
bstinger

I would dislike 100+ heat too, but it's been very temperate so far. Supposed to warm up the next few days. Going to try and golf Friday and the high is projected at 85 now, which could be a little overwhelming since I've started adjusting to cooler. 88 on Saturday but we'll be at a house with a pool. I haven't had to try and find places to eat since my conference has supplied breakfast and lunch and there have been evening events with food and beverage provided.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5985
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 7:54:41 AM   
SoMnFan

Did what we had to, on the windy road
Got er done
All that counts now
AT continues his miracle career in style
The D got it done.
Could be a scary Sunday night, with all the Brees love and all our injuries to key spots.
Post #: 5986
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 9:25:52 AM   
TJSweens

Read this in the Pioneer Press about Charlie Hennigan's family watching Thielen tie their dad's record:

Thielen shrugged off the accomplishment, saying he only cared about getting a victory. But members of Hennigan’s family had a much different reaction.

Hennigan died last year at age 82. Nine family members got together at Mojo’s Sports Grille in Humble, Texas, a Houston suburb, to watch Sunday’s game. The group had to find a sports bar since the game wasn’t available in Houston over the air. With the hometown Houston Texans game playing on multiple TVs at the same time, the Hennigans watched the Vikings game with the sound turned off.

But Taylor Hennigan, Charlie’s son, said family members watched intently as Thielen tied the mark on a 21-yard reception with 7:06 left in the game.

“We all did a tequila shot,” he said. “We figured what the heck. He’s a stellar guy, and he’s doing his thing. Good for him.”

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5987
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 9:30:06 AM   
SoMnFan

Awesome stuff
What AT is doing is remarkable, and its really cool that everyone is taking notice, even nationally.
Post #: 5988
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 9:33:03 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Awesome stuff
What AT is doing is remarkable, and its really cool that everyone is taking notice, even nationally.

I was impressed with how Thom Brennaman side-stepped his miscall on the Zylstra catch. That could have gone sideways in a hurry, and it would have if, say, Jimmy the Greek was involved.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5989
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 9:40:43 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Awesome stuff

I was impressed with how Thom Brennaman side-stepped his miscall on the Zylstra catch. That could have gone sideways in a hurry, and it would have if, say, Jimmy the Greek was involved.

I've always loved that ... the whole "white guy WR" thing.
It's a good drinking game when we watch NE games.
"is that Edelman, or Amendola, or Welker?"

Funny thing is, Zylstra just might develop into a helluva player too, if the stars align. He's big, fast and strong.
Post #: 5990
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 11:11:11 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

Awesome stuff

I've always loved that ... the whole "white guy WR" thing.
It's a good drinking game when we watch NE games.
"is that Edelman, or Amendola, or Welker?"

Funny thing is, Zylstra just might develop into a helluva player too, if the stars align. He's big, fast and strong.

Really thought Zylstra would get a shot when Treadwell massively failed in the GB game, but the Vikings are determined to make something of him.

I am liking the TX kid at corner. May not so much after Sunday night. Losing Hughes stinks.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5991
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 12:08:20 PM   
Mr. Ed

WHOA

"Tailgaters at Jets game set Vikings fan's car on fire"

People are Frickin' crazy

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5992
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 12:10:31 PM   
Mr. Ed

Cannot believe the Jags haven't traded for Teddy Bridgewater yet.

Read some claptrap that said they should sign Kapernick.

Dude hasn't played or been in a camp in 2 years? no way.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5993
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 12:14:23 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

WHOA

"Tailgaters at Jets game set Vikings fan's car on fire"

People are Frickin' crazy

Getting scary
We do the "away fans' thing for Wild games every year
Its been damn fun, but turned a little concerning this past year in Nashville.
People are becoming less tolerant and a lot more belligerent.
Its becoming "watch your back" times. Which is just what someone friendly told us in Nashville last year before we went in to the venue. They were right.
Never even had a sniff of that anywhere else. Strange times.
Post #: 5994
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 12:34:35 PM   
SoMnFan

If you haven't seen any of this, check it out, it was awesome.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pat-mcafee-dressed-70-old-152230396.html
Post #: 5995
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 12:52:06 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

If you haven't seen any of this, check it out, it was awesome.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pat-mcafee-dressed-70-old-152230396.html

Cool.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5996
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 1:52:48 PM   
SoMnFan

East Rutherford, N.J. – One minute he was sinking his teeth into an NFL record, the next he was spitting blood. Adam Thielen left MetLife Stadium with another milestone and a cut mouth, courtesy of a shoulder to the chin.

That hit left him wandering the sideline looking like a boxer without a corner man, even if he seems to be the rare star receiver who can keep everyone in his corner. Instead of the humble brag, Thielen has mastered the humble snag — the ability to catch a difficult pass, then pass on credit.

His touchdown catch with a defender’s arm draped on his chest? “Kirk pretty much caught that ball for me,’’ Thielen said of quarterback Kirk Cousins.

His reaction to tying an NFL record with seven straight 100-yard games to start a season? “Life is all about the people you have around you,’’ Thielen said.

After tying Charley Hennigan’s record, set in 1961, Thielen seems to be playing a character from “The Andy Griffith Show” (Google it). He’s a small-town boy who played at a small-town school and had to try out to make an NFL team and went on to greatness. It would be sickeningly saccharine if it weren’t true.

“I was talking to all of my friends back in training camp and I said, ‘You guys watch out for Adam this year — it’s going to be his breakout year,’’ Vikings rookie Brandon Zylstra said. “I know what he did last year, but I thought this would be his breakout year, just because of how smooth he was with his routes this summer. He’s a route technician.’’

Of all Thielen’s fans in the Vikings’ locker room, Zylstra and fullback C.J. Ham have the most invested in his story. Both played at smaller Minnesota colleges and made it to the Vikings, only to discover that Thielen had taken their story and rewritten it as a Hollywood blockbuster.

“It’s not about him being an undrafted free agent or being from a small school anymore,’’ Ham said. “Now the story is that he’s just a phenomenal wide receiver.’’

Hard to argue, and why would anyone bother? In the Vikings’ 37-17 victory over the Jets, Thielen caught nine of the 10 passes thrown to him for 110 yards and one touchdown.

Through seven games, Thielen has caught 67 passes for 822 yards and five touchdowns. If he reaches 100 receiving yards on Sunday night against New Orleans, he will set an NFL record in the state where he played for Detroit Lakes High and Minnesota State Mankato and tried out for the Vikings after going undrafted.

“He’s still a humble dude,’’ Zylstra said. “Going to a small school probably has something to do with that.’’

Thielen is beating athletes from large schools and small now, and beating them with what his teammates say is maximum deceptiveness during his routes. On his touchdown, he was not open when Cousins released a long pass down the right sideline, but he got a step on the cornerback while the ball was in the air, then pulled it away in the end zone.

On a 15-yard catch to the Jets 3 in the second quarter, Thielen made a sharp break to the sideline, instantly creating 5 yards of space, then turned to find that Cousins had all but placed the ball in his hands.

Of all the dramatic aspects of Thielen’s story and season, perhaps the most subtle is that he is producing one of the most remarkable seasons in franchise history while getting to know a new quarterback and offensive coordinator.

Thielen is intentionally bland during mass interviews and when he grabs the phone of a media relations person on his way off the field to thank fans. Ask him about that routine, and his personality shows.

“They make me do this stupid video after we win,’’ Thielen said, sarcastically, and with a smirk. “You know — you’ve got to get that content out there.’’

If catches are content, Thielen is overloading America’s WiFi, and producing videos defenses might consider viral.
Post #: 5997
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 2:14:14 PM   
Mr. Ed

Shoulder to the chin my ass - was the crown of that guy's helmet. I don't care if he was "trying" to turn away. He targeted big time.

IDK why quarterbacks are off limits, and a WR turning can get hit in the helmet with no penalties.

That a-hole of the jets was a head hunter.

< Message edited by Mr. Ed -- 10/22/2018 2:15:52 PM >

Escape while you can!
Post #: 5998
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 2:37:55 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

Shoulder to the chin my ass - was the crown of that guy's helmet. I don't care if he was "trying" to turn away. He targeted big time.

IDK why quarterbacks are off limits, and a WR turning can get hit in the helmet with no penalties.

What pisses me off most is that they initially had it right and then picked up the flag. WTF?!

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5999
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 10/22/2018 2:40:37 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

What pisses me off most is that they initially had it right and then picked up the flag. WTF?!

We seem to get that treatment
Still pissed off about the one in LA that turned the game
Look at it, call it, talk about it, pick it up, and never say why.
Freaking WWE some days.
Post #: 6000
Page:   <<   < prev  238 239 [240] 241 242   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  238 239 [240] 241 242   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode