Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  304 305 [306] 307 308   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/13/2020 4:07:51 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

You're thinking of Pork Barrel.

No I'm not.

Then you're mistaken.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 7626
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/13/2020 4:35:30 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

The Hogs actually has quite a bit of support based on the "glory days" of the 80s.

Not sure where Red Wolves would come from.

The Hogs would be a great new name.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 7627
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/13/2020 4:42:58 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

The Hogs actually has quite a bit of support based on the "glory days" of the 80s.

I don't recall any hogs protested in the 80's. I think it's a safe choice.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 7628
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/15/2020 9:02:06 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

I don't recall any hogs protested in the 80's. I think it's a safe choice.

PETA
Post #: 7629
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/17/2020 8:29:40 AM   
SoMnFan

AAARodg and Danica split.
HUGE NFL news.

Been a rough couple months for the King of the North

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 7630
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/17/2020 9:09:30 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

HUGE NFL news.

Are you getting your news from the KFAN morning show?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 7631
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/17/2020 10:09:47 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

HUGE NFL news.

Are you getting your news from the KFAN morning show?

I get exactly 1.4 seconds of the KFAN morning show every morning.
(just enough time to hit the alarm button and head to the shower)
I let it roll once, for about 45 seconds, and in that time I heard four of the most childish fart jokes in history.
That was all I needed.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 7632
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/22/2020 2:59:24 PM   
Mr. Ed

Reports are Zimmer is being offered a multi-year extension

Wheee!

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7633
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/22/2020 3:05:26 PM   
TJSweens

Why? He has done exactly nothing to earn one.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 7634
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/22/2020 3:13:47 PM   
SoMnFan

No kidding
I was maybe the biggest pusher in here when he was hired
If he disappeared now I don't think I'd give the slightest rip
Lots of … meh, at this point.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 7635
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/22/2020 6:13:32 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Why? He has done exactly nothing to earn one.

Vikings have finished 3rd and 5th during the last three years. That is pretty damn good.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 7636
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/22/2020 9:45:59 PM   
Mr. Ed

A multiyear contract extension for Mike Zimmer has been on slow boil since he left the Superdome in January with his second playoff win as Vikings head coach.

Zimmer, who was entering the final year of his deal, was rewarded with a new contract on Wednesday afternoon, a league source confirmed, a day before the team’s first group of players are scheduled to report for training camp. The terms were not immediately available.

Six months ago, Zimmer said he expected contract talks in the “near future” after a playoff loss at San Francisco.

“I love these players, this organization. The owners have been outstanding to me,” Zimmer said Jan. 13 at his season-ending news conference. “I believe that there will be conversations here in the near future and whatever happens, I’m happy with it.”

But a deal was not imminent as recently as earlier this week, according to a league source, and there were a few reasons Zimmer’s contract extension could’ve been placed on the back burner.

The possibility of a season inches closer now that NFL teams are gathering again this week. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, teams have not been allowed to hold in-person workouts or meetings for four months, and just recently received testing protocols for camp.

Ultimately, the Wilfs didn’t make Zimmer wait any longer. They rewarded the 64-year-old tactician, who has called plays for five consecutive top-10 scoring defenses and is 57-38-1 (. 599) in the regular season and 2-3 in the playoffs over six years. He’s tied for the seventh longest tenure among NFL head coaches, behind Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh, Pete Carroll and Andy Reid.

Zimmer’s new contract arrives just before the players do, and the coach’s to-do list may be as long as ever this season.

Seven new starters will be required on offense and defense, with new assistant coaches on both sides of the ball. While every NFL team faces unusual challenges this year, Zimmer has the most turnover since his initial Vikings season in 2014.

The Wilfs may also address general manager Rick Spielman’s contract, which is also entering its final season. In the meantime, Spielman is expected to continue working with running back Dalvin Cook’s camp on an extension to prevent a possible holdout.

Cook did not attend a few virtual meetings last month and said he won’t report to camp without a new deal. The problem facing Cook is, by NFL rule, he can’t become an unrestricted free agent next spring without reporting to camp on Tuesday.

Perhaps helping the two sides find common ground was Derrick Henry’s recent four-year, $50 million extension from the Titans, which a source said is closer to the Vikings’ offers than the $16 million average Christian McCaffery received from Carolina in April.

Zimmer has spoken fondly of Cook as the spearhead of a balanced offense, boding well for Cook’s chances of getting a new deal as well.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7637
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/23/2020 7:21:55 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

A multiyear contract extension for Mike Zimmer has been on slow boil since he left the Superdome in January with his second playoff win as Vikings head coach.

Zimmer, who was entering the final year of his deal, was rewarded with a new contract on Wednesday afternoon, a league source confirmed, a day before the team’s first group of players are scheduled to report for training camp. The terms were not immediately available.

Six months ago, Zimmer said he expected contract talks in the “near future” after a playoff loss at San Francisco.

“I love these players, this organization. The owners have been outstanding to me,” Zimmer said Jan. 13 at his season-ending news conference. “I believe that there will be conversations here in the near future and whatever happens, I’m happy with it.”

But a deal was not imminent as recently as earlier this week, according to a league source, and there were a few reasons Zimmer’s contract extension could’ve been placed on the back burner.

The possibility of a season inches closer now that NFL teams are gathering again this week. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, teams have not been allowed to hold in-person workouts or meetings for four months, and just recently received testing protocols for camp.

Ultimately, the Wilfs didn’t make Zimmer wait any longer. They rewarded the 64-year-old tactician, who has called plays for five consecutive top-10 scoring defenses and is 57-38-1 (. 599) in the regular season and 2-3 in the playoffs over six years. He’s tied for the seventh longest tenure among NFL head coaches, behind Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh, Pete Carroll and Andy Reid.

Zimmer’s new contract arrives just before the players do, and the coach’s to-do list may be as long as ever this season.

Seven new starters will be required on offense and defense, with new assistant coaches on both sides of the ball. While every NFL team faces unusual challenges this year, Zimmer has the most turnover since his initial Vikings season in 2014.

The Wilfs may also address general manager Rick Spielman’s contract, which is also entering its final season. In the meantime, Spielman is expected to continue working with running back Dalvin Cook’s camp on an extension to prevent a possible holdout.

Cook did not attend a few virtual meetings last month and said he won’t report to camp without a new deal. The problem facing Cook is, by NFL rule, he can’t become an unrestricted free agent next spring without reporting to camp on Tuesday.

Perhaps helping the two sides find common ground was Derrick Henry’s recent four-year, $50 million extension from the Titans, which a source said is closer to the Vikings’ offers than the $16 million average Christian McCaffery received from Carolina in April.

Zimmer has spoken fondly of Cook as the spearhead of a balanced offense, boding well for Cook’s chances of getting a new deal as well.

Well deserved. Now let's get Rick extended and bring it on.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 7638
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/23/2020 8:07:57 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

Wrong. Zimmer has been out smarted time and time again by the best offenses in the biggest games. I don't see that changing suddenly. We'll have good seasons with Zimmer, but we'll never win it all. It was a mistake to sign him.

Spielman has had his share of successes but his dismal performance getting OL fixed has held this team back year after year. Now we are in a bit of a CAP HELL that is his making. I'm in favor of new blood here as well but it doesn't make as much sense after you sign Zimmer. The new GM should be able to get his own coach, so I guess we'll be locked in to middle-above average seasons with this duo.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 7639
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/23/2020 8:24:20 AM   
TJSweens

Three playoff appearances in seven years is good enough for a multi year extension. Seems like they did the same kind of thing with Kick Ass and then fired him one year later.

Post #: 7640
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/23/2020 8:34:28 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

Wrong. Zimmer has been out smarted time and time again by the best offenses in the biggest games. I don't see that changing suddenly. We'll have good seasons with Zimmer, but we'll never win it all. It was a mistake to sign him.

Spielman has had his share of successes but his dismal performance getting OL fixed has held this team back year after year. Now we are in a bit of a CAP HELL that is his making. I'm in favor of new blood here as well but it doesn't make as much sense after you sign Zimmer. The new GM should be able to get his own coach, so I guess we'll be locked in to middle-above average seasons with this duo.

IMO you couldn't be more wrong about this. Once the new players we get from this draft and next gel with the team we will be dominant and win Multiple championships under Rick and Zim.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 7641
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/27/2020 10:24:48 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

I think bringing in Kubiak and the former Def Cord (Dom Capers) is going to help. The biggest reason the Vikes got beat by the 49ers was Joseph wasn't the same and Stephen didn't help....Pearce and another year for Watts should help the interior.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7642
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/27/2020 1:03:11 PM   
Mr. Ed

Head Trainer Sugarman and Fam in self-quarantine after positive COVID tests

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7643
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/27/2020 6:48:58 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Wow. Me Mr. Optimistic is starting to doubt this season is played.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 7644
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/27/2020 6:57:45 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Not just Head Trainer, but also the Vikings Infection Control Officer...

You just can’t make this stuff up.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 7/27/2020 7:14:26 PM >
Post #: 7645
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/27/2020 7:03:29 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Not just Head Trainer, but also the Vikings Infection Control Officer...

Anybody in the field of infection control is going to be at risk of infection.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 7646
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/27/2020 7:09:24 PM   
Ricky J

Boy, everything seems so uncertain, but I was just thinking, if I could only have one season, I think I'd pick this baseball season over the upcoming football season. I want to see this thing play out
Post #: 7647
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/28/2020 9:06:37 AM   
ronhextall

There will be positive cases. If the plan was to crap pants and cancel because of positive cases they shouldn't have even bothered.
Post #: 7648
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/28/2020 9:25:50 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

There will be positive cases. If the plan was to crap pants and cancel because of positive cases they shouldn't have even bothered.

seems to be the case. some players opting out. others at issue w/owner's approach.

Seems like many just want to be safe, and I get that. So yeah, bag the season. Might as well. Is the bubble the answer? NBA thinks so.

Only a matter of time before that is burst too.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7649
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 7/28/2020 2:38:22 PM   
Mr. Ed

The opt outs are continuing.

The new DT the Vikings signed says no thanks to a 2020 season.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 7650
Page:   <<   < prev  304 305 [306] 307 308   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  304 305 [306] 307 308   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode