Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Former Twins News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Former Twins News Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Former Twins News - 4/20/2016 5:16:01 PM   
ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Black 47

Geez, I've never read an article so full of excuses! And he always misjudged balls here too. Nothing new. If misplays were ruled errors, he'd have has alot of errors last year. And I'll still say his ridiculous put his head down and run straight back to where he thought the ball would be NEVER worked. He always ended up running a circular route to the ball.

DO NOT think he's going to respond well in NY once the boo birds start. And it sounds like it's getting close.

Funniest thing of all?

Girardi (almost sounds like Gardy) calls him "Hicksie"
As a matter of fact, Girardi is very GARDY-like with the nicknames.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 801
RE: Former Twins News - 4/21/2016 9:22:55 AM   
McMurfy

Google 105 mph mile an hour throw by Aaron Hicks.Throwing out Danny Valencia.
Twins didn't need either player though.

< Message edited by McMurfy -- 4/21/2016 9:50:14 AM >

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 802
RE: Former Twins News - 4/21/2016 9:50:38 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Hicksie broke the gun.
Its never recorded a throw that fast before.
Post #: 803
RE: Former Twins News - 4/21/2016 12:17:34 PM   
sixthwi

quote:

We already have a CF with a gun who can't hit.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 804
RE: Former Twins News - 4/21/2016 3:57:17 PM   
Stacey King

Jesse Orosco, who turns 59 today, pitched in 1252 MLB games, more than any other player in history

He brought us Koos.

who then won 20 for us in 1979
Post #: 805
RE: Former Twins News - 4/21/2016 3:59:34 PM   
ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi

quote:

We already have a CF with a gun who can't hit.

What an athlete!

On the flip side he's hitting .050

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 806
RE: Former Twins News - 4/22/2016 12:43:34 AM   
SoMnFan

Another two good plays from Hicks in todays game.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:15292458
Post #: 807
RE: Former Twins News - 4/22/2016 5:02:24 AM   
ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Another two good plays from Hicks in todays game.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:15292458

He is soon to be nothing more than minor league livestock if he can't pull his head out of his ass and figure out how to hit.
That will likely be the epitaph on his career. He had athleticism, but he didn't have a clue and he couldn't hit.

I don't understand your fascination with this guy. If he were on the Twins and in the lineup playing every day with Buxton it would be a horror show. Between the two of them they are hitting about .110 so far. THe only redeeming thing about Hicks right now is that Murphy has absolutely sucked.

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 808
RE: Former Twins News - 4/22/2016 3:08:46 PM   
sixthwi

Chris Colabello suspended 80 games for using a performance enhancement substance.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 809
RE: Former Twins News - 4/22/2016 3:14:01 PM   
SoMnFan

That's disappointing.
Always pull for Cowbell
Post #: 810
RE: Former Twins News - 4/22/2016 3:19:07 PM   
Mr. Ed

Bret Boone says the year he was dealt to MN was part of his downhill slide, due to substance abuse (alcohol)

Escape while you can!
Post #: 811
RE: Former Twins News - 4/22/2016 3:28:04 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

That's disappointing.
Always pull for Cowbell

That is sucky.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 812
RE: Former Twins News - 4/22/2016 4:27:57 PM   
ewen21

quote:

Chris Colabello suspended 80 games for using a performance enhancement substance.

I'd be willing to wager more than a few of those guys on that team have taken that route.

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 813
RE: Former Twins News - 4/22/2016 4:28:51 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewen21

quote:

I'd be willing to wager more than a few of those guys on that team have taken that route.

Edwin? Joey Bats?

Colabello tested positive way back in ST, apparently

In a statement, via the Toronto Star’s Brendan Kennedy (Twitter link), Colabello says that he was informed of his positive test on March 13th. It would appear, then, that he’s only just lost his appeal. Colabello suggests that he is not at fault for the test, saying that he “would never compromise the integrity of the game of baseball” and has “spent every waking moment since that day trying to find an answer as to why or how” he ended up with the banned substance.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 814
RE: Former Twins News - 4/22/2016 4:32:44 PM   
ewen21

Rest assured, Hicks won't have much of a leash this season

The Yankees acquired switch-hitter Aaron Hicks from the Twins for John Ryan Murphy because he hit well against left-handed pitchers — and he has started all four times the club has faced a lefty this season.

In Thursday’s 7-3 Yankees loss, Hicks had a bloop RBI single and a walk against Athletics lefty starter Rich Hill before Brett Gardner pinch hit for him in the seventh inning.

Inserting Hicks in the starting lineup meant manager Joe Girardi had to sit one of his two lefty-hitting outfielders — Gardner or Jacoby Ellsbury. Gardner has sat three times this season, including Thursday, and Ellsbury once. Girardi said that had the A’s thrown a right-hander, Gardner, who missed Wednesday’s game with a stiff neck, would have been in the lineup.

Hicks is batting .095 (2-for-21) overall and 1-for-14 as a right-handed hitter. Yes, 14 games isn’t enough to make major decisions. However, it is a results-oriented business and Gardner is batting .300 (12-for-40). Ellsbury, who went 3-for-5, is at .255 (14-for-55). Both of them have better numbers than Hicks against lefties: Gardner is 2-for-6 (.333) and Ellsbury is at .250 (4-for-16).

How long can Girardi hang in with Hicks? Will there come a time when the manager believes he has a better lineup with Gardner and Ellsbury playing against lefties?

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 815
RE: Former Twins News - 4/22/2016 4:33:15 PM   
ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

Edwin? Joey Bats?

Wouldn't surprise me at all

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 816
RE: Former Twins News - 4/22/2016 4:35:46 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

Edwin? Joey Bats?

Wouldn't surprise me at all

Donaldson wouldn't either.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 817
RE: Former Twins News - 4/24/2016 10:26:13 PM   
Stacey King

Jordan Schafer has thrown 8 IP in 5 games with Dodger double-A club. Currently has 8 K, 1 BB, 0 ERA
Post #: 818
RE: Former Twins News - 4/25/2016 7:40:55 PM   
SoMnFan

Toriis kid is taking after him ... helluva catch in RF for Notre Dame.
Fun to see.
Post #: 819
RE: Former Twins News - 4/27/2016 3:19:42 PM   
SoMnFan

There's one very familiar public-relations strategy that athletes who get busted or questioned about performance-enhancing drugs often use: Deny, deny, deny.

That isn't the case, however, for Chris Colabello, the Toronto Blue Jays first baseman/outfielder who was suspended 80 games by Major League Baseball last week after testing positive for dehydrochlormethyltestosterone, an anabolic steroid more commonly known as DHCMT or turinabol.

[Join a Yahoo Daily Fantasy Baseball contest now]

Speaking publicly Monday for the first time since his suspension, Colabello told his side of the story to Sportsnet, which, like the Blue Jays, is owned by Rogers Media. Colabello didn't deny failing a test. He owned the fact that DHCMT was found in his system. Instead, he said over and over that he doesn't know how it got there.

The story by Sportsnet's Arden Zwelling is a well-balanced, must-read about PEDs in baseball and the process by which players are tested, fail and appeal. In the story, Colabello talks about everything from telling his teammates what was going on to the steps he says he routinely takes to make sure he's not breaking MLB rules about supplements.

It didn't work this time and Colabello can't understand why, which was a recurring theme in the interview. There are a number of other fascinating quotes, so we'll share a few:

On his failed test:

“I’ve never called into question the science. That’s not my intent,” Colabello says. “There’s no denying that my urine sample had this DHCMT-M4 metabolite in it. I don’t deny that.

“They found a trace amount of metabolite in my urine stream. And that’s the only thing I know for a fact. I don’t know where it came from. I’m still trying to figure out how it got there. It’s all I can do.”

On the day he was tested:

“I went in for pitchers’ and catchers’ physicals, knowing that there was a drug test and knowing that I had nothing to hide,” Colabello says. “I made the choice to go in five days early because, why wouldn’t I? There’s nothing for me to worry about. I don’t hide things. I don’t have to.”

When he found out he failed the test:

“I don’t think I’ve ever been more shocked, panicked and confused in my life. Literally the most gut-wrenching phone call you can imagine,” Colabello says. “Short of anything bad happening to my family, like death and illness in the family, this is literally the worst thing that anybody could do to me.”

On his personal journey to figure out what he thinks tainted his urine test:

He tells a story about his new dog, Clutch, a jet black French bulldog puppy he got in the offseason. Clutch got sick this winter and went on a variety of medications. Colabello had all of them analyzed to see if that was where the metabolite originated. He had Clutch’s blood and urine tested as well.

“I’ve sent every piece of medication and anything that was different in my life in. I’ve tried to examine or identify whether it was a hand cream, a toothpaste, a shampoo,” Colabello says. “I’ve looked into my mom’s medications for her health issues that she’s had over the last year. The extent to which I’ve gone to try to identify this is beyond bewildering.”

On the mystery of it all:

“Ultimately, I don’t have answers. I don’t have an answer to the timeframe of when it got in my body. I don’t have an answer to how long it was in my body for. Everything that I’ve asked or that I’ve tried to figure out, I don’t have an answer for,” Colabello says. “What I know is what I’m saying. That’s the only thing I can tell you for sure. It’s scary stuff. It’s scary to try to figure out where something came from when you don’t really know.”

On what's next:

“I won’t rest until the day I figure out how this happened,” Colabello says. “The damage has already been done to me emotionally and mentally. I’m never going to get that back. I just need to figure out why. Figure out where it came from. And then go from there.”

Colabello's failed test came in March and he wasn't suspended until last week following an appeal in which he was allowed to present evidence on his behalf. He couldn't present another reason the steroid was found in his system, so MLB suspended him.

[Previously: Chris Colabello to work with Frank Mir to fight PED suspension?]

Sportsnet's story also includes a doctor who said the chances inadvertently ingested DHCMT are "highly unlikely." Partially, because the drug is only available on the black market. So there's almost no way it could have been accidentally mixed in something in a factory or accidentally put in a soap or shampoo.
Post #: 820
RE: Former Twins News - 4/27/2016 3:41:29 PM   
Black 47

OK, if he honestly can't figure out what he took to make him test positive, maybe he should be questioning the validity of the test. I know I would. If he's literally checked investigated every possibility and still can't come up with an answer, he definitely should question the test results.

You can't on one hand say you accept the test results, but claim to have no idea how it got in your system.

Fishy.
Post #: 821
RE: Former Twins News - 4/27/2016 3:54:37 PM   
SoMnFan

I knew one day shampoo would kill us all.
Post #: 822
RE: Former Twins News - 4/29/2016 9:34:31 PM   
Mr. Ed

Sam Fuld rotator cuff surgery; done for 2016

Grant Balfour retires; done for good

Escape while you can!
Post #: 823
RE: Former Twins News - 5/2/2016 5:11:19 AM   
ewen21

quote:

The last thing the Twins need is Aaron Hicks. The guy is a freakin basket case. He came back last night and promptly went 0-3 in Boston and then was pinch hit for. He's now hitting .077

He is already on his last legs in NY. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up getting demoted today

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 824
RE: Former Twins News - 5/2/2016 5:27:10 PM   
SoMnFan

My boy JJ Hardy laid up again ...
Broken foot.
Six weeks at least.
Post #: 825
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Former Twins News Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode