Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Former Twins News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Former Twins News Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Former Twins News - 6/7/2016 3:59:27 PM   
Mr. Ed

The Yankees have designated lefty Tyler Olson for assignment, per a team announcement. The club selected the contract of righty Anthony Swarzak, who takes Olson’s 40-man slot, and optioned fellow righty Luis Cessa to open an active roster spot.

The 30-year-old Swarzak returned to American ball on a minor league pact with the Yankees after spending the bulk of 2015 pitching for Korea’s Doosan Bears. He’s a veteran of six big league seasons, all of which have come with the Twins with the exception of 2015, which he began with the Indians and finished in Korea.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 926
RE: Former Twins News - 6/7/2016 4:17:30 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

The Yankees have designated lefty Tyler Olson for assignment, per a team announcement. The club selected the contract of righty Anthony Swarzak, who takes Olson’s 40-man slot, and optioned fellow righty Luis Cessa to open an active roster spot.

The 30-year-old Swarzak returned to American ball on a minor league pact with the Yankees after spending the bulk of 2015 pitching for Korea’s Doosan Bears. He’s a veteran of six big league seasons, all of which have come with the Twins with the exception of 2015, which he began with the Indians and finished in Korea.

The Yanks saw some grainy footage of him when he was with the Doosan Bears.
I just wanted to say Doosan Bears.
The Doosan Bears may become my favorite team this summer.
Post #: 927
RE: Former Twins News - 6/7/2016 11:15:21 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

Well, after the Hockinson Astros of course.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 928
RE: Former Twins News - 6/7/2016 11:16:25 PM   
SoMnFan

Correct.
SECOND-favorite team this summer.
Post #: 929
RE: Former Twins News - 6/9/2016 3:12:10 PM   
sixthwi

Justin Monroe signs one year deal with the White Sux.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 930
RE: Former Twins News - 6/10/2016 10:45:21 AM   
twinsfan

This is pretty funny:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/jonah-keri-immolates-error-prone-chuck-knoblauch-on-twitter.html

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 931
RE: Former Twins News - 6/10/2016 4:55:48 PM   
ewen21

quote:

quote:

quote:

Doosan Bears

Probably Zapruder-film quality

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 932
RE: Former Twins News - 6/13/2016 12:54:42 PM   
sixthwi

•The Blue Jays are set to select the contract of left-hander Scott Diamond from Triple-A Buffalo, reports Sportsnet’s Ben Nicholson-Smith. The Canadian-born southpaw hasn’t appeared in the Majors since 2013 with the Twins, but he has a strong 3.16 ERA through 74 innings in the minors this season. Diamond, 29, isn’t one to miss many bats (4.5 K/9 at Triple-A this season, 4.2 K/9 in 343 MLB innings), but he’s displayed excellent control throughout his career and keeps the ball on the ground quite well. He’s been starting with Buffalo but could step into a multi-inning relief role for the Jays; Nicholson-Smith writes that manager John Gibbons said the team’s bullpen is “on fumes right now.” The Jays will need to make a 40-man move to add Diamond to the mix, but they could simply move fellow lefty Franklin Morales to the 60-day DL in order to create room.

Post #: 933
RE: Former Twins News - 6/14/2016 9:47:10 AM   
SoMnFan

I've seen Boyer getting ripped up late in games a lot.
There's a lot of bad bullpen guys in the league
Post #: 934
RE: Former Twins News - 6/14/2016 10:37:38 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

At this point it's no longer left-handed and breathing.

To not be on a team, or demoted to AAA as a bullpen guy, you have to be pretty bad.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 935
RE: Former Twins News - 6/14/2016 12:13:11 PM   
sixthwi

quote:

Just like with the Twins last year, Boyer pitched pretty well at the beginning of the season then he realized who he is and that he just isn't any good.

Post #: 936
RE: Former Twins News - 6/14/2016 6:30:26 PM   
Stacey King

Blue Jays DFA Scott Diamond
Post #: 937
RE: Former Twins News - 6/18/2016 2:19:02 PM   
Stacey King

Lew Ford is hitting .348 as a 39-year-old in the Atlantic League
Post #: 938
RE: Former Twins News - 6/18/2016 2:45:39 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stacey King

He's finally getting it ....
Post #: 939
RE: Former Twins News - 6/18/2016 3:45:40 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stacey King

Blackballed from MLB. Never understood why that is.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 940
RE: Former Twins News - 6/22/2016 2:34:48 PM   
Mr. Ed

Swarzak gives up a 2 r HR today at the Stadium. ERA is back up to Swarzak-like 4.00

Escape while you can!
Post #: 941
RE: Former Twins News - 6/23/2016 9:17:36 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

Swarzak gives up a 2 r HR today at the Stadium. ERA is back up to Swarzak-like 4.00

I think the Twins would take 4.00 ERA from any pitcher. Swarzak territory is closer to 5.50 ERA

Actually, I looked up Swarzak's career ML pitching stats. They are not great but not bad either. His numbers would put him at the top of this pathetic pitching staff. Why did the Twins part ways with him when they have are forced to utilize pitchers who are far worse?

< Message edited by CPAMAN -- 6/23/2016 9:22:47 AM >

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 942
RE: Former Twins News - 6/23/2016 9:48:29 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

I think the Twins would take 4.00 ERA from any pitcher. Swarzak territory is closer to 5.50 ERA

Actually, I looked up Swarzak's career ML pitching stats. They are not great but not bad either. His numbers would put him at the top of this pathetic pitching staff. Why did the Twins part ways with him when they have are forced to utilize pitchers who are far worse?

He had a recreational drug problem.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 943
RE: Former Twins News - 6/23/2016 10:55:41 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

quote:

OK, I was not aware of that. It was probably mentioned on here once or twice but I either read past it or didn't pay much attention because he wasn't ever a marquee pitcher.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 944
RE: Former Twins News - 6/24/2016 2:29:48 PM   
ewen21

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK, I was not aware of that. It was probably mentioned on here once or twice but I either read past it or didn't pay much attention because he wasn't ever a marquee pitcher.

On Swarzak, we have this
http://articles.courant.com/2007-04-21/sports/0704210688_1_rock-cats-drugs-cocaine-and-lsd'
Dated 2007.

Sounds like he probably puffed some weed ten years ago

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 945
RE: Former Twins News - 6/24/2016 3:26:11 PM   
MDK

The people that should be smoking some weed are Twins fans.....watching and following this team might be less painful.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 946
RE: Former Twins News - 6/28/2016 3:04:59 PM   
twinsfan

Kevin Slowey has taken a position in the Major League Baseball Player's Association as a special assistant to Tony Clark, the executive director.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 947
RE: Former Twins News - 6/28/2016 3:15:54 PM   
ewen21

quote:

Kevin Slowey has taken a position in the Major League Baseball Player's Association as a special assistant to Tony Clark, the executive director.

What a worm

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 948
RE: Former Twins News - 6/28/2016 3:48:02 PM   
Black 47

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

The people that should be smoking some weed are Twins fans.....watching and following this team might be less painful.

I haven't smoked a joint since the early 90's. I may be an old geezer now, but I'd do it again just once. That's the beauty of farming. No random piss tests!
Post #: 949
RE: Former Twins News - 6/28/2016 3:49:51 PM   
Black 47

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewen21

quote:

What a worm

A weasel who never had the cajones to pitch inside. Away away away away away. His approach was just nauseating. As gutless as they come.
Post #: 950
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Former Twins News Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode