Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Former Twins News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Former Twins News Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Former Twins News - 6/4/2016 3:00:50 PM   
Stacey King

The Yankees elevated Chris Parmelee from Scranton-Wilkes Barre (Triple-A) to take Teixeira’s roster spot over Nick Swisher, who was also at SWB.

In 43 games for SWB the 28-year-old left-handed hitting Parmelee hit .252 (38-for-151) with seven homers, 21 RBIs and a .787 OPS. To make room on the 40-man roster for Parmelee, the Yankees shifted Ackley to the 60-day DL. In 305 big league games Parmelee is a .245 hitter. He has played for the Twins and Orioles.

“Performance,’’ Cashman said of why Parmelee over Swisher, who scouts have noticed Swisher’s lack of mobility due to knee problems. “(Parmelee) has performed at a higher level. We love Swish but it turns out right now Parmelee put himself in position.’’
Post #: 901
RE: Former Twins News - 6/4/2016 3:24:08 PM   
Black 47

I'm pulling for the guy.
Post #: 902
RE: Former Twins News - 6/4/2016 5:30:55 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stacey King

The Yankees elevated Chris Parmelee from Scranton-Wilkes Barre (Triple-A) to take Teixeira’s roster spot over Nick Swisher, who was also at SWB.

In 43 games for SWB the 28-year-old left-handed hitting Parmelee hit .252 (38-for-151) with seven homers, 21 RBIs and a .787 OPS. To make room on the 40-man roster for Parmelee, the Yankees shifted Ackley to the 60-day DL. In 305 big league games Parmelee is a .245 hitter. He has played for the Twins and Orioles.

“Performance,’’ Cashman said of why Parmelee over Swisher, who scouts have noticed Swisher’s lack of mobility due to knee problems. “(Parmelee) has performed at a higher level. We love Swish but it turns out right now Parmelee put himself in position.’’

Kinda hard to believe Swisher is doing the AAA thing at this stage of his rather storied career. I'm impressed with his desire to work.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 903
RE: Former Twins News - 6/4/2016 7:21:11 PM   
SoMnFan

Parm will hit some dingers there, or should ..
Post #: 904
RE: Former Twins News - 6/4/2016 7:21:53 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

Kinda hard to believe Swisher is doing the AAA thing at this stage of his rather storied career. I'm impressed with his desire to work.

Never thought he'd take that either Matt.,
Maybe hasn't saved a whole lotta cash yet ...
Post #: 905
RE: Former Twins News - 6/4/2016 7:46:18 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Doesn't seem like a big spender to me. And he has a broadcasting career waiting for him.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 906
RE: Former Twins News - 6/4/2016 7:46:44 PM   
twinsfan

Nick Swisher is high on life.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 907
RE: Former Twins News - 6/4/2016 7:47:33 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Doesn't seem like a big spender to me. And he has a broadcasting career waiting for him.

??
Money for nothing, chicks for free?
Seems to me like a guy who's spent every dime and then some.
Post #: 908
RE: Former Twins News - 6/4/2016 8:38:08 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

??

Nope. Shrewd. Talks the big life, but lives on the frugal. Smart guy. Secret Democrat.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 909
RE: Former Twins News - 6/4/2016 8:41:47 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

??

Nope. Shrewd. Talks the big life, but lives on the frugal. Smart guy. Secret Democrat.

I usually need captions
Post #: 910
RE: Former Twins News - 6/5/2016 2:58:46 PM   
Stacey King

Wilson Ramos hitting .350 thru 160 ABs this season
31 RBI
Post #: 911
RE: Former Twins News - 6/5/2016 4:23:12 PM   
MDK

quote:

31 RBI

Take off bandage, expose wound, pour salt into would, seal with a bandage.

You know how to make my day Stacey.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 912
RE: Former Twins News - 6/5/2016 7:18:51 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

31 RBI

And here I'm pretty sure the "Smartest Man in the World" assured us Ramos would be flipping burgers by now.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Post #: 913
RE: Former Twins News - 6/5/2016 8:59:09 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

31 RBI

And here I'm pretty sure the "Smartest Man in the World" assured us Ramos would be flipping burgers by now.

In fairness to He Who is Smarter Than Everyone Else, that was a Buffet Billy / Gardenweasel tag team. The fat manager no doubt educated the fat GM as to the worthlessness of Latino catchers and that he should be traded.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 914
RE: Former Twins News - 6/6/2016 1:31:45 PM   
Stacey King

Brewers announce Rule 5 draft pick Zach Jones will begin rehab assignment today with BC Manatees. Has recovered from shoulder strain.
Post #: 915
RE: Former Twins News - 6/6/2016 1:32:51 PM   
Stacey King

Rule 5 picks must be on active roster for 90 days. If Brewers fall short with Jones, the remaining time would carry over to 2017. In essence, Jones’ minor-league rehab assignment, which could go a month, is an audition to convince Brewers they should keep him
Post #: 916
RE: Former Twins News - 6/6/2016 3:47:52 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

31 RBI

Gardy didn't like the way he framed pitches. He was a Latino catcher. Those two strikes against do not allow a player to stay with the team.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 917
RE: Former Twins News - 6/6/2016 3:48:53 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

31 RBI

In fairness to He Who is Smarter Than Everyone Else, that was a Buffet Billy / Gardenweasel tag team. The fat manager no doubt educated the fat GM as to the worthlessness of Latino catchers and that he should be traded.

....and don't forget pitch framing.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 918
RE: Former Twins News - 6/6/2016 6:21:39 PM   
ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

31 RBI

Gardy didn't like the way he framed pitches. He was a Latino catcher. Those two strikes against do not allow a player to stay with the team.

He couldn't do the little things that help you win.

Which is why we have Kurt Suzuki!

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 919
RE: Former Twins News - 6/6/2016 6:36:25 PM   
ewen21

As of tonight Aaron Hicks is hitting .195 with a .552 OPS

(And he isn't saving runs with his defense)

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 920
RE: Former Twins News - 6/6/2016 7:18:47 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewen21

And JR Murphy 1-2 with an RBI in triple A

Hitting a solid .179

Guess someone in MN blew that deal. Not that Hicks is all that (thank you Grossman for not sucking)

but Murphy can't even stick in the bigs at a position they are weak at.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 921
RE: Former Twins News - 6/6/2016 7:19:29 PM   
Mr. Ed

At least Murphy is helping Berrios tonight.

4IP H/7K

Escape while you can!
Post #: 922
RE: Former Twins News - 6/6/2016 7:21:53 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

Hitting a solid .179

Guess someone in MN blew that deal. Not that Hicks is all that (thank you Grossman for not sucking)

WooHoo! Got rid of that nasty gonorrhea that was bugging us ...
Uh-oh ... may have picked up some syphilis on the way home ....
Post #: 923
RE: Former Twins News - 6/7/2016 12:10:33 PM   
ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

Hitting a solid .179

It is what is. I'm just trying to say no one should miss Hicks. The guy just is not capable of hitting major league pitching. This is his fourth time around.

And he has not been all that hot in the outfield. He had that throw and a circus catch close together but he has misjudged a few balls. His defense is around average.

At least Murphy hit a little last year and he's 3 years younger than Hicks. I am disappointed in him, no doubt

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 924
RE: Former Twins News - 6/7/2016 12:12:51 PM   
TJSweens

It is still one of those classic trades that hasn't worked out for either team.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 925
Page:   <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Former Twins News Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode