Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Former Twins News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Former Twins News Page: <<   < prev  42 43 [44] 45 46   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Former Twins News - 1/17/2017 2:25:05 PM   
McMurfy

Mr Matt Garza stuck his big nose where it didn't belong.

http://www.scarymommy.com/jessica-chastain-birth-control-matt-garza/?utm_source=FB

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 1076
RE: Former Twins News - 1/20/2017 10:08:41 AM   
sixthwi

The Orioles announced that they’ve designated minor league outfielder Adam Walker for assignment to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Mark Trumbo, whose new three-year deal to return to Baltimore is now official.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 1077
RE: Former Twins News - 1/20/2017 5:01:13 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi

The Orioles announced that they’ve designated minor league outfielder Adam Walker for assignment to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Mark Trumbo, whose new three-year deal to return to Baltimore is now official.

Were the Twins "kicking tires" in trying to sign Trumbo?

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 1078
RE: Former Twins News - 1/27/2017 12:15:17 PM   
sixthwi

quote:

The Braves have claimed outfielder Adam Walker off waivers from the Orioles, Baltimore announced. He’ll take the roster spot just vacated by catcher Tuffy Gosewisch, filling Atlanta’s 40-man.

Post #: 1079
RE: Former Twins News - 1/27/2017 1:34:10 PM   
TJSweens

You mean Tuffy Gosewisch is available?

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1080
RE: Former Twins News - 1/27/2017 1:48:53 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

You mean Tuffy Gosewisch is available?

A complete CINCH to be our next signing.
Post #: 1081
RE: Former Twins News - 1/27/2017 2:38:47 PM   
MDK

Alex Karras, in George Plimpton's Mad Ducks and Bears, discussed the importance of a name for success in athletics. He said that QB's such as Sammy Baugh, Bart Starr and Johnny Unitas had names that conjured up images of team leadership. Names such as Chuck Bednarik,Dick Butkus and Ray Nitschke..... their names sounded frightening as they terrorized offensive players that ventured into their territory. A QB Karras played with had the best arm of anyone but his name was the kiss of death......Milt Plum. He said with a name like that, all you can envision is a kid wearing knickers and taking violin lessons.

What image comes to mind with a player named Tuffy Gosewisch?????

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 1082
RE: Former Twins News - 1/27/2017 3:52:05 PM   
ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

Alex Karras, in George Plimpton's Mad Ducks and Bears, discussed the importance of a name for success in athletics. He said that QB's such as Sammy Baugh, Bart Starr and Johnny Unitas had names that conjured up images of team leadership. Names such as Chuck Bednarik,Dick Butkus and Ray Nitschke..... their names sounded frightening as they terrorized offensive players that ventured into their territory. A QB Karras played with had the best arm of anyone but his name was the kiss of death......Milt Plum. He said with a name like that, all you can envision is a kid wearing knickers and taking violin lessons.

One of my favorite NFL names: Horst Muhlmann

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 1083
RE: Former Twins News - 1/27/2017 3:55:16 PM   
TJSweens

D'artagnan Martin and Julian Fagan were a couple of my favorites.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1084
RE: Former Twins News - 2/1/2017 12:10:44 PM   
TJSweens

Joe Nathan signs a minor league deal with Washington. Somewhere in DC, the Washington answer to CPAMAN is going

Post #: 1085
RE: Former Twins News - 2/1/2017 12:22:23 PM   
MarkWren

Tunch Ilkin.
Post #: 1086
RE: Former Twins News - 2/2/2017 10:26:40 PM   
McMurfy

This is a good read

http://www.popsci.com/how-an-axe-handled-bat-is-going-to-take-over-baseball?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=All+Bats+1%25+Lookalike&utm_content=Popular+Science+Article+-+Red+Sox+Hitting+Coach&utm_campaign=Prospecting

Post #: 1087
RE: Former Twins News - 2/3/2017 9:27:57 AM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

This is a good read

http://www.popsci.com/how-an-axe-handled-bat-is-going-to-take-over-baseball?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=All+Bats+1%25+Lookalike&utm_content=Popular+Science+Article+-+Red+Sox+Hitting+Coach&utm_campaign=Prospecting

We know it made Suzuki into the hitter he was.

Seriously, I think the design is a great idea....baseball is so reluctant to change. To try something different.

My question.......will the bats with the new handle design be less prone to breaking? Way too many broken bats when players are allowed to file down the handles to a stick diameter.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 1088
RE: Former Twins News - 3/1/2017 10:32:59 AM   
Mr. Ed

From Tuesday

Trevor Plouffe on his HR striking a sleeping fan beyond the LF wall: "A grown man should be watching the game. I wouldn’t feel bad for him."

Escape while you can!
Post #: 1089
RE: Former Twins News - 3/1/2017 10:39:40 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

From Tuesday

Trevor Plouffe on his HR striking a sleeping fan beyond the LF wall: "A grown man should be watching the game. I wouldn’t feel bad for him."

My boy

Piece of me died when he left
Post #: 1090
RE: Former Twins News - 3/6/2017 10:40:43 AM   
Phil Riewer

I had no idea.....very sad:

Yangervis Solarte enjoyed a very good season for the Padres in 2016 despite dealing with unimaginable tragedy off the field. Yuliette Solarte, Yangervis’ wife, was diagnosed with liver cancer in late 2015 and passed away last September at age 31. As the infielder tells Jeff Sanders of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Solarte was prepared to skip last year’s Spring Training to spend time with his wife and their three daughters, but Yuliette urged him to focus on baseball in order to continue providing for their family’s future. Yuliette saw her husband secure his first life-changing payday last spring in the form of a $3.15MM brand contract with Fantex, and Solarte gained even more financial security by signing a two-year extension with the Padres this past January. Sanders’ touching piece is well worth a full read, chronicling the couple’s life together, Solarte’s journey to the big leagues and Yuliette’s battle after her heartbreaking diagnosis.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1091
RE: Former Twins News - 3/6/2017 4:54:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

One of my favorite NFL names: Horst Muhlmann

Best NFL name ever Harry Colon.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1092
RE: Former Twins News - 3/6/2017 4:56:20 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

From Tuesday

Agree with Trevor.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1093
RE: Former Twins News - 3/6/2017 4:59:33 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I had no idea.....very sad:

Yangervis Solarte enjoyed a very good season for the Padres in 2016 despite dealing with unimaginable tragedy off the field. Yuliette Solarte, Yangervis’ wife, was diagnosed with liver cancer in late 2015 and passed away last September at age 31. As the infielder tells Jeff Sanders of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Solarte was prepared to skip last year’s Spring Training to spend time with his wife and their three daughters, but Yuliette urged him to focus on baseball in order to continue providing for their family’s future. Yuliette saw her husband secure his first life-changing payday last spring in the form of a $3.15MM brand contract with Fantex, and Solarte gained even more financial security by signing a two-year extension with the Padres this past January. Sanders’ touching piece is well worth a full read, chronicling the couple’s life together, Solarte’s journey to the big leagues and Yuliette’s battle after her heartbreaking diagnosis.

Such a shame. The extra time he could have spent with her vs locking in the money for their children's future. Solarte is a true professional hitter. Put him in a good lineup and he would score and drive in a hundred runs each.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1094
RE: Former Twins News - 3/6/2017 5:16:21 PM   
sixthwi

Watching the Angels/Cubs game on MLB. Alex Meyer is pitching for the Angels. Same crap different day for him. Two runs allowed so far in his one inning with three walks.

Post #: 1095
RE: Former Twins News - 3/7/2017 1:41:57 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

Watching the Angels/Cubs game on MLB. Alex Meyer is pitching for the Angels. Same crap different day for him. Two runs allowed so far in his one inning with three walks.

Yep, I defended the trading of him.

If he was ever going to be any good, the Nats wouldn't have traded him.

That being said, a team like the Cardinals could probably turn him around.
The Twins and 31 others likely couldn't as well.

Post #: 1096
RE: Former Twins News - 3/31/2017 9:06:43 AM   
Mr. Ed

Stuart Turner, Rule 5 catcher MN never could even get to AAA, made the Reds' roster.

Milone in the MIL bullpen. Guess no griping/complaining for now.

Nolasco will start opening day for the Angels.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 1097
RE: Former Twins News - 3/31/2017 12:01:59 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Stuart Turner, Rule 5 catcher MN never could even get to AAA, made the Reds' roster.

So there is a worse run organization than the Twins. Good to hear.
Post #: 1098
RE: Former Twins News - 4/2/2017 7:16:17 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

That may be one of the most-shocking things I've read in awhile.
Ickey NoLastNo. An opening day starter? Wow.
Post #: 1099
RE: Former Twins News - 4/2/2017 8:00:35 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

Didn't bother me a bit losing Meyer. I don't think he will ever truly establish his command of the strike zone.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1100
Page:   <<   < prev  42 43 [44] 45 46   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Former Twins News Page: <<   < prev  42 43 [44] 45 46   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode