Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Former Twins News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Former Twins News Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Former Twins News - 2/14/2018 12:15:02 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

He's probably a big Steve Nash fan.

If he is into vintage cars, he could drive a Nash Rambler.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1251
RE: Former Twins News - 2/14/2018 12:35:42 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

He's probably a big Steve Nash fan.

If he is into vintage cars, he could drive a Nash Rambler.

How do you get that thing out of second gear anyway? Beep Beep...

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1252
RE: Former Twins News - 3/27/2018 5:16:17 PM   
twinsfan

Tubby Smith has been hired as head coach of his alma mater High Point.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1253
RE: Former Twins News - 5/22/2018 1:50:26 PM   
sixthwi

The Rangers announced on Monday that righty Kevin Jepsen has been designated for assignment. His spot on the active roster will go to fellow right-handed reliever Matt Bush, who has been recalled from Triple-A.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 1254
RE: Former Twins News - 6/6/2018 7:01:43 PM   
Mr. Ed

Phil Hughes worked his first back-to-back outings of the season and got 3 outs on 6 pitches (all strikes) in a 14-1 home loss to #Braves on Tuesday night. That was his 4th outing for #Padres, all in past 6 days.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 1255
RE: Former Twins News - 6/28/2018 8:02:49 AM   
ewen21

John Ryan Murphy is having a decent year in Arizona. Getting my car serviced and they have a rerun of last night's game in Arizona. Murphy is hitting .255-6-22 in like 130 at bats, with a .811. Better than our first baseman that 42% of "fans" say he must be extended

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 1256
RE: Former Twins News - 6/28/2018 8:41:58 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewen21

John Ryan Murphy is having a decent year in Arizona. Getting my car serviced and they have a rerun of last night's game in Arizona. Murphy is hitting .255-6-22 in like 130 at bats, with a .811. Better than our first baseman that 42% of "fans" say he must be extended

Am sure his OBP isn't high enough to be a valuable addition.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 1257
RE: Former Twins News - 6/28/2018 9:45:36 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Phil Hughes worked his first back-to-back outings of the season and got 3 outs on 6 pitches (all strikes) in a 14-1 home loss to #Braves on Tuesday night. That was his 4th outing for #Padres, all in past 6 days.

Extend him !!!!
Post #: 1258
RE: Former Twins News - 6/28/2018 10:52:04 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

Extend him !!!!

Ryan would

Veteran preference

SD stats for Phil for June

8IP 11H/6R/2BB/10K ERA 6.75

So done.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 1259
RE: Former Twins News - 6/28/2018 11:50:34 AM   
ewen21

quote:

He's playing with house money

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 1260
RE: Former Twins News - 6/28/2018 2:14:04 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Extend him !!!!

Ryan would

Veteran preference

SD stats for Phil for June

8IP 11H/6R/2BB/10K ERA 6.75

So done.

Just don't know what SD was thinking....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1261
RE: Former Twins News - 7/2/2018 6:50:49 AM   
Mr. Ed

3-homer game for Aaron Hicks on Sunday Night Baseball vs #RedSox. That’s 37 homers for Hicks since #mntwins traded their 2008 1st-rounder for John Ryan Murphy in November 2015.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 1262
RE: Former Twins News - 7/2/2018 9:03:13 AM   
JT2

quote:

3-homer game for Aaron Hicks on Sunday Night Baseball vs #RedSox. That’s 37 homers for Hicks since #mntwins traded their 2008 1st-rounder for John Ryan Murphy in November 2015.

Having him in the leadoff spot, especially with Gardner struggling, makes that lineup so hard to pitch to.
Post #: 1263
RE: Former Twins News - 7/2/2018 12:12:53 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

Having him in the leadoff spot, especially with Gardner struggling, makes that lineup so hard to pitch to.

our lovable Twins ...
SOOOOOOOOOO patient with some
SOOOOOOOOOO impatient with others

Hmmmmm
Post #: 1264
RE: Former Twins News - 7/2/2018 12:30:59 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

our lovable Twins ...

Hmmmmm

Yeah, I would love to have read the commentary in here if he had the same year with us in 2016 instead of the Yankees.

.217 .281 .336 .617. People would have been screaming about that worthless POS still being on our roster. Trades don't get made in hindsight. At the time of that deal, based on the careers both of them had to that point, it was pretty balanced. Looked like the Twins had somebody who could take over as the every day catcher in the near future. BTW, John Jacob Jingleheimer Murphy is doing pretty good for Arizona.
.257 .306 .507 .813 with 9 HR. That would look pretty good behind the plate for us.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1265
RE: Former Twins News - 7/2/2018 12:40:49 PM   
MDK

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

our lovable Twins ...

Hmmmmm

Yeah, I would love to have read the commentary in here if he had the same year with us in 2016 instead of the Yankees.

.217 .281 .336 .617. People would have been screaming about that worthless POS still being on our roster. Trades don't get made in hindsight. At the time of that deal, based on the careers both of them had to that point, it was pretty balanced. Looked like the Twins had somebody who could take over as the every day catcher in the near future. BTW, John Jacob Jingleheimer Murphy is doing pretty good for Arizona.
.257 .306 .507 .813 with 9 HR. That would look pretty good behind the plate for us.

Maybe the Twins organization simply sucks at player development at all levels throughout the organization, including at the big league level.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 1266
RE: Former Twins News - 7/2/2018 12:41:38 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

our lovable Twins ...

Hmmmmm

And for some reason, rarely does a player get better when they get here.

I'm sure some have, but none come to mind.
Post #: 1267
RE: Former Twins News - 7/2/2018 12:41:45 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

our lovable Twins ...

Hmmmmm

Maybe the Twins organization simply sucks at player development at all levels throughout the organization, including at the big league level.

Maybe? I thought that was self evident.

Post #: 1268
RE: Former Twins News - 7/2/2018 12:42:21 PM   
MDK

I think at the big league level, it is failing to recognize players strengths and weaknesses and utilizing them in positions where their abilities and maximized and limitations are minimized.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 1269
RE: Former Twins News - 7/2/2018 12:42:34 PM   
ewen21

quote:

My Yankee fan brother texted me this bullshit early in the morning, as if I care!

Hicks was not going to make it with this team. Whatever poison he was being fed here screwed him up same as it has most all of our young players.
He was skittish, scared and stupid here. He goes to NY, shaves his head and embraces the Yankees culture where accountability and leadership exists.
Gardy tried to be a tough guy hardass with Hicks, but couldn't pull it off because he wasn't holding other players (I am talking to you Joe Mauer) accountable. There were also no true leaders on this team when Hicks was around. Overall it was horrible environment for young players and apparently it still is.

Then I have to be put in a group text this morning to hear my Yankee fan friends and brother talk about Aaron Hickks?? I gave brother a fierce warning about ever texting me to report on the success of Aaron Hicks.

Any Twins player coming to the Yankees is dead to me.

We might as well sign David Price. He would fit right in with this club.

I am so freaking furious with this team I can't even stand it. I don't know if I have ever been this mad.
THe ineptitude has gone on long enough!

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 1270
RE: Former Twins News - 7/2/2018 12:56:56 PM   
ronhextall

I think the Twins suck at player development, that is why I think the new guys should have fired everybody in the organization from the scouts, trainers, and all the way up the chain. Anybody that even looked at ball players should have been let go.

The track record speaks for itself.

Almost zero talent developed in 25 years and counting.
Post #: 1271
RE: Former Twins News - 7/2/2018 12:57:56 PM   
ewen21

The fact that Murphy is hitting is also maddening.

They got away from the disease.

We have to find players who are immune to whatever it is.

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 1272
RE: Former Twins News - 7/2/2018 1:00:29 PM   
ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

I think the Twins suck at player development, that is why I think the new guys should have fired everybody in the organization from the scouts, trainers, and all the way up the chain. Anybody that even looked at ball players should have been let go.

The track record speaks for itself.

Almost zero talent developed in 25 years and counting.

quote:

wasn't

They wanted to "evaluate"
That was the first mistake they made and this isn't hindsight for a lot of us.

I think almost everyone here to a man was wondering why more firings didn't happen

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 1273
RE: Former Twins News - 7/18/2018 9:36:10 AM   
Mr. Ed

Happy Birthday to former #MNTwins infielder Glenn Williams (41). He had at least one hit in all 13 games that he played in his Twins career before an injury ended his season.
He spent the 2006 and 2007 seasons in Rochester. He was/is a big star in Australia, almost legendary.

Is also 1-day manager Torii Hunter's birthday.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 1274
RE: Former Twins News - 7/18/2018 10:25:23 AM   
SoMnFan

"I'm legendary in Australia"

I may have used that one before
More later onhow it worked ...
Post #: 1275
Page:   <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Former Twins News Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode