Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Mike Priefer must GO

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Mike Priefer must GO Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 8/14/2018 10:24:06 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Yeah, I yawned your yawns...

Because I am so positive about the season I will say something nice about Priefer.

We're good enough to overcome his deficiencies.

I'll add my own positive comment about Priefer. He's so damn good that it's only a matter of time before another team comes in and offers him a promotion. It's only been what... thirteen seasons now as a special teams coordinator? Any year now someone is going to snap him up. Any year now...

Zimmer was passed over forever for promotion until he wasn't. Zimmer has chosen to retain Priefer and he's the one who should know best about how he does his job. David I really don't think that you have any clue as to how well Prifer does or not. You just don't like him.

I've literally put hours and hours of research into it and posted incredibly detailed stats and trends.

Why?? Because you don't like Priefer maybe? Also research conducted out of bias will get biased results. I'm guessing that Zimmer and the Vikings in general have put more research into it than you and they have come up with a totally different conclusion. I have not deemed our special teams to be any better or worse than average with the exception of when Patterson was doing kick returns and playing the gunner role on the kick coverage. Than our Special teams were better than most. There was also the regression of Blair Walsh. Maybe Priefer could have coached him better or maybe Walsh was simply a head case. We don't know if a better special teams coach could have salvaged Walsh.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 451
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 8/14/2018 10:59:07 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Because I am so positive about the season I will say something nice about Priefer.

I'll add my own positive comment about Priefer. He's so damn good that it's only a matter of time before another team comes in and offers him a promotion. It's only been what... thirteen seasons now as a special teams coordinator? Any year now someone is going to snap him up. Any year now...

Zimmer was passed over forever for promotion until he wasn't. Zimmer has chosen to retain Priefer and he's the one who should know best about how he does his job. David I really don't think that you have any clue as to how well Prifer does or not. You just don't like him.

I've literally put hours and hours of research into it and posted incredibly detailed stats and trends.

Again you should ask yourself why....

You are correct. Then again - why even follow a football team?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 452
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 8/14/2018 11:05:38 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Two very different things. You have included your vendetta into following your favorite football team.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 453
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 8/14/2018 11:25:23 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Two very different things. You have included your vendetta into following your favorite football team.

The following two things are true and exist simultaneously:

1. Priefer is a poor special teams coach
2. I don't like Mike Mike Priefer

One doesn't disqualify the other.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 454
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 8/14/2018 11:47:44 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't forget #3: Your likeness for Kluwe has jaded many things for you and continued you on your vendetta.

Post #: 455
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 8/14/2018 11:59:50 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I know you have posted things that you think are evidence of Priefer being a poor special teams coach. I have never agreed with any of those posts as being evidence. In the end it just comes down to the players. When the Vikings had Patterson returning KOs the results were very good. When the Vikings had Patterson as gunner on coverage the results always seemed good to me. When we replaced Walsh with Forbath the FG% was very good. For some strange reason the XP% was very bad. My recollection of our special teams is they have usually been pretty good during the Priefer tenure. The distance on punts probably a little below average, but probably because our punters were a little below average.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 456
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 8/14/2018 12:32:45 PM   
Phil Riewer

The Vikings were looking to get King (the punter the Broncos signed) and also they drafted the biggest leg in the draft in Carlson. Like KG said they needed a talent upgrade.

They couldn't keep a 5-6 million KR....bad use of assets.

Post #: 457
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 2:08:03 PM   
David F.

This is the last time I’ll ever post about special teams until priefer is gone. If you can’t see it then I’m sorry but you are stupid stupid stupid.

Post #: 458
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 2:43:21 PM   
David Levine

Just awful today.

Punt blocked for a TD, missed FG, that stupid short kickoff...
Post #: 459
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 3:27:59 PM   
David Levine

Add another missed FG to the special teams woes.
Post #: 460
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 3:49:29 PM   
Todd M

Nice draft choice. No doubt Priefer pushed for it. Hey look Priefer is a giant turd, who guessed.

You absolutely dismiss Carlson and fire Priefer. Period.
Post #: 461
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 4:01:03 PM   
ronhextall

Speilman is the one I would fire.
Post #: 462
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 4:27:51 PM   
Mark Anderson

I'm on board.

Not Speilman, Priefer.
Post #: 463
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 5:44:17 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Yeah it's time. It's actually past time but I understand Zimmer and his loyalty stuff. He's a moron if he lets this go on further. There is clearly 1 main problem. It's ultimately going to cost he and Speilman if they don't do something.
Post #: 464
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 8:07:05 PM   
unome

I do not think Priefer is as bad as some here. On the other hand, does anyone really think he is a great Special Teams coach? And isnt that what we want?

Give the FOCKers what they have always wanted and can his ass!

FOCKers = Friends of Chris Kluwe
Post #: 465
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 8:10:22 PM   
unome

Truth be told, I am not entirely sure it is wise to fire a Special Teams coach in the middle of the season, but I would not lose any sleep over it if it were to happen.
Post #: 466
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 8:12:31 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

I do not think Priefer is as bad as some here. On the other hand, does anyone really think he is a great Special Teams coach? And isnt that what we want?

Give the FOCKers what they have always wanted and can his ass!

FOCKers = Friends of Chris Kluwe

LOL

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 467
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 8:38:56 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I don't give a shit, at this point, about his beef with Kluwe and Kluwe's cause. It's not relevant to this discussion. The guys ST's have been absolute shit since he's been here. Patterson's natural athletic ability gave him some momentum but our ST's have been a disaster for years.
Post #: 468
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 8:42:38 PM   
unome

I just thought FOCKers was funny, but one's sense of humor is a subjective thing.
Post #: 469
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 8:46:51 PM   
JT2

quote:

Truth be told, I am not entirely sure it is wise to fire a Special Teams coach in the middle of the season, but I would not lose any sleep over it if it were to happen.

All the more reason to do it now.
Post #: 470
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 8:53:01 PM   
marty

The evidence mounts AGAINST Preifer.

I suppose there were some that defended Richard Solomon back in the day.

Patterson's talent kept Preifer from getting fired a long time ago.
Post #: 471
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 8:55:22 PM   
marty

The Ravens fired their OC [I think it was near the end of the regular season] and won a SB, the Vikes can do the same.
Post #: 472
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 8:55:42 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

I just thought FOCKers was funny, but one's sense of humor is a subjective thing.

Sorry there. My post wasnt' directed at you specifically. There has been this back and forth with our ST's coach and ppl defending/bitching about him because of his beef with Kluwe. I've stayed neutral because I don't care about that stuff. Live life, who cares about that stuff.

That being said, his 'on the field record' can't be ignored any more IMOl.
Post #: 473
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 8:58:20 PM   
marty

It's the FOMPERS [Friends of Mike Preifer] that don't get that it has nothing to do with Kluwe, and all to do with very poor performing special teams.

Sorry, I FOMKED up, had firing Mike on the mind.

< Message edited by marty -- 9/16/2018 9:06:51 PM >
Post #: 474
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 9/16/2018 9:04:24 PM   
marty

Just like I would have traded Adrian Peterson within 3 days after finding out what he was doing to his son [his value would have been quite at that time], I would fire Mike Priefer tonight, he is the piss poor performance common denominator with regards to special teams.
Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Mike Priefer must GO Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode