Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Mike Priefer must GO

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Mike Priefer must GO Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 11/4/2018 11:43:31 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

The Vikings almost had a punt blocked, and Detroits' successful fake punt almost costed the Vikings the game. Thankfully Tate went to the Eagles, and thankfully the D put down the clamps.

And thankfully the Vikings have players playing well on special teams that can keep the weakness of Richard Solomon [my nickname for Mike Prayfor] at bay.

Let's hope Sherels, Wile and Bailey can all stay healthy, so the Vikes' 2nd greatest weakness to Waynes isn't exposed.

That's tricky man. The whole post sounding minimally sane, then you hit us with the last sentence all Marty like.
Post #: 501
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 11/4/2018 11:58:08 PM   
marty

The very first time I saw Detroit get an easy pass play, where the coverage was soft, not surprisingly, someone with long hair.

Guess who ?

Waynes.

He is not horrible, just a weakness anytime the Vikings pass rush lightens up.

Rhodes and Hill would be fine at CB for next year, with Hughes in the slot. The hitman, and probably Kearse at safety, that would be pretty strong.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 502
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 11/21/2018 9:14:22 AM   
Mark Anderson

Daniel Carlson: AFC Special Teams player of the week
Post #: 503
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 11/21/2018 9:18:14 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Yep, Mark.

It's funny how our ST coach gets a hold of a halfway decent kicker and turns them into quivering pieces of shit.

Our STs have been a joke for years under this guy. The only time they looked good was when we had an athletic freak named Patterson making him look good.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 504
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 11/21/2018 9:38:39 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

Yep, Mark.

It's funny how our ST coach gets a hold of a halfway decent kicker and turns them into quivering pieces of shit.

Our STs have been a joke for years under this guy. The only time they looked good was when we had an athletic freak named Patterson making him look good.

I agree Priefer probably has to go.

But Walsh was a quivering POS when he got here and then was awesome and then reverted back to his old ways.

In hindsight, we probably should have given Carlson more time(didn't help that he admitted his confidence was shot).

Good situation for him in Oakland. No pressure kicking for a one win team as opposed to kicking for what was thought to be a Top 5 team.
Post #: 505
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 11/21/2018 10:29:59 AM   
David F.

Locke punted better for Detroit than he did here. I think a fun experiment would be to bring Carlson back and send Priefer to Oakland - purely for scientific research.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 506
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 11/21/2018 10:32:09 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Locke punted better for Detroit than he did here. I think a fun experiment would be to bring Carlson back and send Priefer to Oakland - purely for scientific research.

Not really a defense of Priefer but is Locke still in the league?
Post #: 507
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 11/21/2018 10:52:26 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Not really a defense of Priefer but is Locke still in the league?

Of course he isn't but the point remains that he increased his net average to 42.2 yards per punt with Detroit - a full three yards better than his previous season's best of 39.2 which was of course his rookie year. Priefer is poison.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 508
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 11/21/2018 11:09:26 PM   
marty

I think Priefer is just an @sshole, and that leads to guys playing nervous for him, instead of playing their hearts out and playing well.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 509
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 11/21/2018 11:10:54 PM   
marty

And some of that nervousness can also spread to other parts of the team.

It would be a plus to get rid of Priefer, just like getting rid of Richard Solomon was a plus.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 510
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 8:29:22 AM   
Todd M

Every time watching Prieffy brand ST's gaffs is like the 1st time.

WHAT?!

WHAT?!

COME ON!
Post #: 511
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 8:40:22 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Even if we were the #1 team in the NFC with HFA locked up, you almost have to can him to send a msg. That missed FG just made me LOL. I couldn't help it. It was so obvious he was going to miss. Like it or not this team is not going to play its way out of this mess. It's been in their heads since the NO 2nd half. Something HAS to happen to shake it up. It's not going to work itself out no matter what Zimmer says/does.

We fought back and tied it up yesterday and Brady and Co went something like 6 plays for 90 yards to say 'aint happening bitches' and we crawled back in to our hole. No heart and the D has been that way forever. Since that NO game they've never fought a real team.
Post #: 512
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 10:38:45 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Even if we were the #1 team in the NFC with HFA locked up, you almost have to can him to send a msg. That missed FG just made me LOL. I couldn't help it. It was so obvious he was going to miss. Like it or not this team is not going to play its way out of this mess. It's been in their heads since the NO 2nd half. Something HAS to happen to shake it up. It's not going to work itself out no matter what Zimmer says/does.

We fought back and tied it up yesterday and Brady and Co went something like 6 plays for 90 yards to say 'aint happening bitches' and we crawled back in to our hole. No heart and the D has been that way forever. Since that NO game they've never fought a real team.

Who were our gunners yesterday?

That one punt the only ones within 15 yards when Edelman caught it were Brothers and Weatherly. Horrible.
Post #: 513
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 12:59:52 PM  1 votes
Ricky J

What'd Priefer do now?
Post #: 514
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 1:11:30 PM   
TJSweens

Nothing well.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 515
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 1:44:12 PM   
David F.

Consistent mediocrity sprinkled with mishaps and F-ups.

Post #: 516
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 2:01:43 PM   
TJSweens

... and a punter / holder not realizing he was supposed to be on the field.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 517
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 2:11:26 PM   
David Levine

Minnesota gave up on Daniel Carlson after two games and three missed kicks against the Packers, wilting under the pressure of a franchise cursed with kicking woes and releasing the rookie they traded up to get in this past year's NFL Draft.

The move has been a disaster.

Carlson has made 9-of-10 field goals with the Raiders – including a game-winner on the road against Arizona – and is a perfect 7-of-7 on extra points. Things are good for the rookie, not so much for the guy the Vikings replaced him with.

Billed as one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history, Dan Bailey has made just 72.9 percent (16-of-22) of his field goals with the Vikings – the lowest percentage among all NFL kickers with at least 15 attempts.

His six misses are the second-most in the NFL, trailing only Mason Crosby of the Packers, who has one more miss on seven more attempts (75.9 percent).

Bailey's latest miss was a 48-yarder he hooked wide left in the first quarter of Minnesota's loss to the Patriots. He's now 3-of-7 on kicks from 40-49 yards this season, a miserable statistic from a range that he had missed just five times from in his entire career before joining the Vikings.

Maybe it's time to accept as fact that Vikings kickers are cursed, or that whoever is in charge of hiring kickers has no idea what they're do. We're looking at you, special teams coordinator, Mike Priefer.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sports/vikings-dan-bailey-is-statistically-one-of-the-worst-kickers-in-the-nfl
Post #: 518
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 4:08:56 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

That hurts.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 519
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 5:19:20 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I've not been that big on the "fire MPhhherrrer" bandwagon but, at this point, something has to give. I'm not even talking about the missed kicks (specifically). There is some ST's head scratcher's every damn week. It's damn near comical at this point. Change just for change is not always the answer but some accountability is in order (IMO).
Post #: 520
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 7:06:54 PM   
marty

Not too late to join the bandwagon, we are right, and the numbers are growing.

Fire Priefer now.

I wouldn't trust Carlson, and he probably won't get many pressure kicks in Oakland real soon, a winning kick over Arizona is no big deal, they suck.

I would like to see how Bailey performs with a different, likely better special team's coach.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 521
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 7:20:51 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

There has to be a connection between the failure of Carlson when he was here and his success now, and Bailey's success in dallas and his problems with us. I currently have some concerns about our coaching staff in general, but I am really worried about our special teams units.
Post #: 522
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/3/2018 7:34:03 PM   
marty

Wanting Priefer fired is scapegoating, just like wanting Richard Solomon fired c. 1998, the real problem is at the top.

It's time to replace Zimmer.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 523
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/4/2018 8:42:20 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Minnesota gave up on Daniel Carlson after two games and three missed kicks against the Packers, wilting under the pressure of a franchise cursed with kicking woes and releasing the rookie they traded up to get in this past year's NFL Draft.

Carlson has made 9-of-10 field goals with the Raiders – including a game-winner on the road against Arizona – and is a perfect 7-of-7 on extra points. Things are good for the rookie, not so much for the guy the Vikings replaced him with.

Billed as one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history, Dan Bailey has made just 72.9 percent (16-of-22) of his field goals with the Vikings – the lowest percentage among all NFL kickers with at least 15 attempts.

His six misses are the second-most in the NFL, trailing only Mason Crosby of the Packers, who has one more miss on seven more attempts (75.9 percent).

Bailey's latest miss was a 48-yarder he hooked wide left in the first quarter of Minnesota's loss to the Patriots. He's now 3-of-7 on kicks from 40-49 yards this season, a miserable statistic from a range that he had missed just five times from in his entire career before joining the Vikings.

Maybe it's time to accept as fact that Vikings kickers are cursed, or that whoever is in charge of hiring kickers has no idea what they're do. We're looking at you, special teams coordinator, Mike Priefer.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sports/vikings-dan-bailey-is-statistically-one-of-the-worst-kickers-in-the-nfl

Wow. This speaks volumes in regard to Priefer

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 524
RE: Mike Priefer must GO - 12/4/2018 11:44:40 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Wow. This speaks volumes in regard to Priefer

BINGO.

I said it before the article. Good Kickers come here and become quivering piles of jello. That's coaching...nothing more.

Preifer should be let go.

Zimmer, not ready to go there yet. Preifer for sure.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Mike Priefer must GO Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode