Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  103 104 [105] 106 107   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 12/30/2022 9:51:55 AM   
Phil Riewer

NFL on CBS 🏈

@NFLonCBS
¡
2h
Worst Intereception/Attempt rate since Week 8

Dak Prescott 4.3%
Davis Mills 4.1%*
Zach Wilson 3.5%*
Derek Carr 3.4%*
Marcus Mariota 3.3%*

*benched at least once over this timeframe

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2601
RE: Other NFL News - 1/2/2023 8:19:20 PM   
marty

The NFL may have helped the Pukers this coming week: the game with the Lions is after the Seattle game.

So if Seattle wins, the Lions will have nothing to play for.

Had the Lion/Puker game been scheduled earlier, the Lions would have been guaranteed to play harder, and may have injured some Pukers. This way the Puke have a better chance for being healthier for the playoffs.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2602
RE: Other NFL News - 1/2/2023 8:49:12 PM   
bstinger

Bills Bengals game temporarily suspended after Buffalo Safety Hamlin collapsed on the field. CPR was administered.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 2603
RE: Other NFL News - 1/2/2023 9:04:47 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Bills Bengals game temporarily suspended after Buffalo Safety Hamlin collapsed on the field. CPR was administered.

I saw it live. Scariest thing I've ever seen on a football field.
Post #: 2604
RE: Other NFL News - 1/2/2023 9:24:05 PM   
David Levine

Game was rightfully postponed.

No way you can expect anyone to play after that.
Post #: 2605
RE: Other NFL News - 1/3/2023 6:05:23 AM   
SAMiller711r

This injury was absolutely horrific. Game rightfully suspended. I'm old enough to remember a game between the bears and lions back in the very early 70s where Detroit's Chuck Hughes suffered a massive heart attack as he was jogging back to the huddle. He was declared dead at the hospital.(after the game)But they had continued the game. You could tell neither team really had their heart in though. The most terrible thing I saw in a game other than this, was the viscious hit by Raider's JackTatum with his helmet on NE's Daryll Stingly which broke two vertebrae in his back and paralyzed him for life. Tatum never attempted to see him after or apologise, although John Madden did say it ate at him ever after

O Lord save us from the fury of the Norsemen
Post #: 2606
RE: Other NFL News - 1/3/2023 8:27:26 AM   
Bill Jandro

Get well Damar Hamlin.

Sounds like the next 12-24 hours are critical

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2607
RE: Other NFL News - 1/3/2023 8:52:11 AM   
Lynn G.

There are three reasons I virtually stopped watching football (I say virtually because I will peek in once in a while to check for scores) several years ago. One was because I was appalled at the favorable (whether conscious or subconscious) reffing that sometimes changed the outcomes of games (QBs like Brady, Favre and Rodgers would get calls that no other QB would get, for example). The second was that I realized my blood pressure couldn't handle anymore games in which my favorite team was not faring well.

The third reason was that I was feeling guilty for being such an avid fan of a sport that was so brutally violent. The injuries the players suffered were often truly horrific, and there I was tuning in to watch more of that.

For those reasons, I barely watch any more. Not even Viking games. I still consider myself a fan of the team, and truly hope that I get to experience the joy of seeing them win a Superbowl, but I rely more on paying attention to a score online, or switching channels for a minute or two to check in, rather than actually watch entire games. And I used to have season tickets! How things have changed.

The collision that Hamlin suffered yesterday wasn't particularly violent, but it still may have ended his career and thus his dream. My wishes for his full recovery join others across the country. Thank goodness he was attended to immediately. His prospects for a full recovery were improved by the care he got in those first couple of minutes.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2608
RE: Other NFL News - 1/3/2023 9:17:08 AM   
Brad H

The official word from the Bills is that Hamlin suffered cardiac arrest on the field. He is currently in critical condition.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 2609
RE: Other NFL News - 1/3/2023 12:42:41 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: SAMiller711r

This injury was absolutely horrific. Game rightfully suspended. I'm old enough to remember a game between the bears and lions back in the very early 70s where Detroit's Chuck Hughes suffered a massive heart attack as he was jogging back to the huddle. He was declared dead at the hospital.(after the game)But they had continued the game. You could tell neither team really had their heart in though. The most terrible thing I saw in a game other than this, was the viscious hit by Raider's JackTatum with his helmet on NE's Daryll Stingly which broke two vertebrae in his back and paralyzed him for life. Tatum never attempted to see him after or apologise, although John Madden did say it ate at him ever after

Wrong. Tatum's shoulder made contact with Stingley's head/neck area. Stingley was trying for the ball and unfortunately due to the overthrow was bent near 90 degrees leading with his head when the hit happened. One step later, contact.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=626733688306005

Longer piece with Cris Carter interviewing Tatum. Interesting that at the end, in the roundtable Chris Collingsworth said absolutely it was a clean hit and what I didn't know was that teams nowadays don't run that type of play (not a slant or skinny post) in the RZ because WRs get crushed. And no, Tatum said he tried a few times to contact Stingley before giving up. And no, it doesn't appear the play ate at him forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzceWk0SSoY

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/3/2023 4:38:44 PM >
Post #: 2610
RE: Other NFL News - 1/4/2023 8:32:32 AM   
Lynn G.

Hamlin's condition appears to be slowly improving. They dropped him from 100% oxygen to 50%, according to his uncle.

I keep thinking about how it's going to give him strength to push for a full recovery when he learns that people donated over $5 million to his charity in a show of support for him and his cause.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2611
RE: Other NFL News - 1/4/2023 11:51:36 AM   
David F.

There are two key things that need to happen for Hamlin to make a recovery: One, his physical recovery has to continue. Two, let's hope his brain activity is OK. I haven't seen anything reported as to whether or not his brainwave activity is OK. It depends on how long there was no oxygen going to his brain. They were on the task pretty quick so there's hope.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2612
RE: Other NFL News - 1/4/2023 1:42:43 PM   
Lynn G.

Very true. There are a lot of factors that need to go well for him to fully recover.

Post #: 2613
RE: Other NFL News - 1/4/2023 7:00:59 PM   
Bill Jandro

Surprised that hasn't reported. I would think with live TV there would be a way to time exactly how long it took for them the resuscitate him.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2614
RE: Other NFL News - 1/5/2023 3:14:39 PM   
Todd M

“If we didn’t believe that prayer didn’t work we wouldn’t ask this of you God"

Quoted (the prayer) as one of the most powerful moments on tv...too bad a spit it out stupid.

I know you all love it though...and hey...it's working!
Post #: 2615
RE: Other NFL News - 1/5/2023 3:17:27 PM   
Todd M

This has been a perfect case of people wanting to be a part of big emotion. Even if you didn't know the guy, never paid him a thought if you did...you professed to care so much. BC someone almost died and went to heaven
Post #: 2616
RE: Other NFL News - 1/5/2023 4:50:28 PM   
David Levine

empathy
noun
em·​pa·​thy ˈem-pə-thē

1: the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner
also : the capacity for this
Post #: 2617
RE: Other NFL News - 1/6/2023 10:01:46 AM   
David F.

It appears that Hamlin's brain function is very much intact if not 100% intact. One of the trainers for the Bills administered CPR even before the ambulance crew was on the field. This appears to be a major success story for all involved.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2618
RE: Other NFL News - 1/6/2023 6:52:53 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

This has been a perfect case of people wanting to be a part of big emotion. Even if you didn't know the guy, never paid him a thought if you did...you professed to care so much. BC someone almost died and went to heaven

Yea god cares sooooooooooooo much about that football player….

Meanwhile, children starve, people die for the most random of things, war and evil is everywhere, churches are corrupt and immoral, god doesn’t give a rats ass about any of that type of thing that is EVERYWHERE, and neither do all these “ empathetic prayer warriors” opening their wallets for children to have toys, but not food, for Christmas…

The only reason this particular incident was so filled with “ empathy” and “the feels”.. was it happened on MNF.

Thousands, if not tens of thousands of far more deserving people, are shunned by god and Christian’s alike, every day.. because it’s all a philistinism.

Virtue signaling.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2619
RE: Other NFL News - 1/14/2023 6:04:36 PM   
David Levine

Mr. Irrelevant looking anything but.
Post #: 2620
RE: Other NFL News - 1/14/2023 6:15:15 PM   
Todd M

Jealous. I don't know how much of it is the system but it's kind of cool to see franchises trip over themselves with top picks yet here's the last pick in the draft doing great.
Post #: 2621
RE: Other NFL News - 1/14/2023 6:28:15 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

San Francisco looks like the team to beat..in the NFC.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2622
RE: Other NFL News - 1/14/2023 10:05:30 PM   
marty

Deebo complained last off-season about being used too much as a RB. They traded for the amazing Christian McCaffrey before the trade deadline, makes them awfully hard to stop.

Maybe the Donnashell scheme would confuse Purdy, it would look too easy, causing Purdy to make mistakes. Just let SF have 500 yards of offense, but few TDs.

Oh wait .... the Vikings still have to get by the Giants to play SF ....

< Message edited by marty -- 1/14/2023 10:06:46 PM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2623
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2023 10:40:28 AM   
Lynn G.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the Viking game yesterday, and I haven't read the comments about it.

But a win wouldn't have mattered anyway. I believe that the NFL has already identified this year's "Cinderella" team in Buffalo, because of the national response to the devastating Hamlin injury. Just like they wanted New Orleans to win the Superbowl after Katrina, and the refs were willing to *miss* dozens of penalties in order to insure their win in the NFCCG, the NFL will do what they can to make sure Buffalo wins this year.

Yep. I'm a cynic. 50 plus years of watching the sport has made me that way.

Post #: 2624
RE: Other NFL News - 1/16/2023 11:17:34 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the Viking game yesterday, and I haven't read the comments about it.

But a win wouldn't have mattered anyway. I believe that the NFL has already identified this year's "Cinderella" team in Buffalo, because of the national response to the devastating Hamlin injury. Just like they wanted New Orleans to win the Superbowl after Katrina, and the refs were willing to *miss* dozens of penalties in order to insure their win in the NFCCG, the NFL will do what they can to make sure Buffalo wins this year.

Yep. I'm a cynic. 50 plus years of watching the sport has made me that way.

100% agree. Buffalo makes for the best storyline.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 2625
Page:   <<   < prev  103 104 [105] 106 107   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  103 104 [105] 106 107   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode