Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 11/9/2017 4:27:09 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Could ya just suspend Elliott and shut the hell up?
Jeeeeeeeezus.

There'll be another last minute court injunction from a judge in "the Virgin Islands" (Pardon the pun) that will let him play at least a few more weeks.

Post #: 601
RE: Other NFL News - 11/22/2017 11:21:57 AM   
Mark Anderson

Didn't Sendejo get fined for a hit he didn't get flagged for?

It will be interesting to see if Woods gets fined for his punch. Not the 1st time he has punched a defender.
Post #: 602
RE: Other NFL News - 12/11/2017 7:00:55 AM   
Todd M

Carson Wentz‏Verified account
@cj_wentz
Follow Follow @cj_wentz
More
NFC East Champs! So proud of the resiliency of this team. Such a special group of men.

And I greatly appreciate all the prayers! I know my God is a powerful one with a perfect plan. Time to just lean in to him and trust whatever the circumstances!

---

Just one non delusional NFL player is all I ask for...

No god, no plan. Certainly at the very least...not wrt millionaires playing a ****ing game.
Post #: 603
RE: Other NFL News - 12/13/2017 9:35:12 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Carson Wentz‏Verified account
@cj_wentz
Follow Follow @cj_wentz
More
NFC East Champs! So proud of the resiliency of this team. Such a special group of men.

And I greatly appreciate all the prayers! I know my God is a powerful one with a perfect plan. Time to just lean in to him and trust whatever the circumstances!

---

Just one non delusional NFL player is all I ask for...

No god, no plan. Certainly at the very least...not wrt millionaires playing a ****ing game.

I don't think God cares who wins a football game except maybe the Seahawks
because, you know, God speaks directly and personally to Russell Wilson.
Post #: 604
RE: Other NFL News - 12/13/2017 10:00:38 PM   
Ricky J

Cid Stoll ❄️ 🎄‏
@CidStoll

Seahawks were paying Wilson rookie money while they built their defense. They're paying him big money now, and can't afford to replace old/hurt players. Flacco restructured last yr to add cap space. Roethlisberger has restructured twice. Rodgers, so far, has not.

Found this comment (several in a conversation) on Twitter under a "Hundley getting back to work"

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 12/20/2017 8:58:52 PM >
Post #: 605
RE: Other NFL News - 1/7/2018 4:43:42 PM   
Ricky J

I wanted to see what a fine was for throwing the ball into the stands and found this:

Fighting: $28,940, $57,881.
Physical Contact with Official: $28,940, $57,881.
Blindside Block: $23,152, $46,305
Hit on Defenseless Player: $23,152, $46,305
Spearing: $23,152, $46,305
Verbal or other Non-Physical Offense Against Official: $23,152, $46,305
Horse Collar Tackle: $17,363, $34,728
Leg Whip: $17,363, $34,728
Roughing the Passer: $17,363, $34,728
Excessive Profanity, other Unsportsmanlike Conduct: $11,576, $23,152
Chin Strap violations: $8,681, $11,576
Chop Block: $8,681, $17,363
Face Mask: $8,681, $17,363
Foreign Substances on Body/Uniform: $8,681, $17,363
Late Hit: $8,681, $17,363
Low Block: $8,681, $17,363
Striking/Kicking/Kneeing: $8,681, $17,363
Taunting: $8,681, $11,576
Football Into Stands: $5,787, $11,576
Other Uniform/Equipment Violations: $5,787, $11,576
Personal Messages: $5,787, $11,576
Unnecessarily Entering Fight Area (active involvement): $5,787, $11,576
Unnecessarily Entering Fight Area (no active involvement): $2,893, $8,681

- most money does go to charity is my understanding
Post #: 606
RE: Other NFL News - 1/11/2018 5:06:04 PM   
Todd M

Tavon Austin - 16 games 13 receptions 47 yards. How is that even possible! lmao at that contract extension.
Post #: 607
RE: Other NFL News - 1/11/2018 5:20:23 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Cid Stoll ❄️ 🎄‏
@CidStoll

Seahawks were paying Wilson rookie money while they built their defense. They're paying him big money now, and can't afford to replace old/hurt players. Flacco restructured last yr to add cap space. Roethlisberger has restructured twice. Rodgers, so far, has not.

Found this comment (several in a conversation) on Twitter under a "Hundley getting back to work"

Brady has also restructured.
Post #: 608
RE: Other NFL News - 1/11/2018 5:23:57 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Cid Stoll ❄️ 🎄‏
@CidStoll

Brady has also restructured.

And I was reading something recently that made it sound almost criminal that they haven't done him up a new one pushing him closer to 30 mil per...
Post #: 609
RE: Other NFL News - 1/11/2018 6:28:32 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Tavon Austin - 16 games 13 receptions 47 yards. How is that even possible! lmao at that contract extension.

13 catches, 59 rushes.
Post #: 610
RE: Other NFL News - 4/18/2018 8:34:45 AM   
kgdabom

CBS sports speculation about Brady not playing this year. Once again this is CBS sports speculation not mine OK.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-reportedly-hasnt-committed-to-playing-in-2018-patriots-carrying-on-without-him/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 611
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2018 8:22:08 AM   
Bill Jandro

Brady now contemplating retirement after saying he was going to play for several more years not that long ago has to be a kick in the nads, BB lost the power struggle to keep JG and move on from Brady.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 612
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2018 8:48:32 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Brady now contemplating retirement after saying he was going to play for several more years not that long ago has to be a kick in the nads, BB lost the power struggle to keep JG and move on from Brady.

Maybe it is a power play by Brady.

He wants to use all those picks on players that can help them win now instead of them packaging the picks and moving up for his successor. Just a guess.
Post #: 613
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2018 8:59:06 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

He wants to use all those picks on players that can help them win now instead of them packaging the picks and moving up for his successor. Just a guess.

Read where it could be a contract renegotiation tactic as well

Post #: 614
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2018 7:28:45 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Read where it could be a contract renegotiation tactic as well

You would think it would be something he wouldn't do, considering he has long signed for less than market.
Post #: 615
RE: Other NFL News - 4/20/2018 11:01:40 AM   
kgdabom

The Latest on the Brady Saga.

According to NBC Sports Boston's Mike Giardi, Tom Brady has continued his normal workout regimen and diet in preparation for the upcoming season, and a pair of Patriots teammates said Brady has never indicated that he plans to retire.

ESPN caused a stir Wednesday morning, reporting that Brady has "not committed" to playing in 2018. It's as if everything needs to be confirmed these days, which Brady did in February. Brady has never indicated he was considering retirement, and as the hours pass, it's looking like a total non-story. Brady is even planning normal off-site offseason workouts with his fellow offensive players. It's a near-certainty that Brady will be under center, health-willing, for New England Week 1.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 616
RE: Other NFL News - 5/3/2018 8:53:42 AM   
kgdabom

Since I posted the Vikings fatal flaw per CBS I thought it would be only fair to post the fatal flaws of our division rivals.

NFC North
Detroit Lions
Fatal Flaw: Pass rush

The more I look at the Lions roster and factor in a coaching upgrade with Matt Patricia, the more I like this Detroit team. I tend to give Patricia the benefit of the doubt when it comes to getting the most out of his defensive line, even if they're short on star talent. A'Shawn Robinson (second round pick in 2016) and Jeremiah Ledbetter (sixth round pick last year) man the middle with Sylvester Williams there for depth. But Ziggy Ansah is the only pure rusher they've got, and it's fair to question what kind of season he'll have given how up and down he's been so far in his career. If Patricia coaches him up and Ansah can get after quarterbacks or they find another edge rusher, Detroit could be dangerous.

Green Bay Packers
Fatal Flaw: Pass catchers

This is a weird thing to say, because this team has Aaron Rodgers and he inherently makes everyone better. But this is a vastly different group of guys for Rodgers. Davante Adams is now the true No. 1 now that his long-time pal Jordy Nelson is gone to Oakland. Randall Cobb remains as the slot/do-it-all option and he might be underrated at this point of his career, but you'd prefer to have a true WR2 and Cobb out of the slot. Jimmy Graham was a big-ticket free agent, but it remains to be seen if he's anything more than a red-zone weapon at his age. The Packers have been prone to slow starts and have a new quarterbacks coach and their star quarterback apparently a little miffed while working on timing with his new-ish set of receivers. If they come out of the gates slow, there will be questions asked.

Chicago Bears
Fatal Flaw: Secondary

Much ado was made about the Bears secondary this offseason thanks to the bizarre way they ended up signing Kyle Fuller to a longer deal. After not picking up his fifth-year option, they declined to franchise tag him, instead using the transition tag on the 2017 breakout. The Packers signed him to an offer sheet and the Bears matched. It's a good move to keep him around, but a weird way to handle it. Fuller tops the depth chart, followed by Prince Amukamara, Bryce Callahan and Marcus Cooper. That's a fine group if they're playing to their potential, the front seven is getting after the quarterback and everyone stays healthy. If one of Fuller or Amukamara goes down early, however, this is a secondary that could get exposed.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 617
RE: Other NFL News - 5/3/2018 9:47:47 AM   
Bill Jandro

I'd say the fatal flaw for GB would be

1. they're young secondary
2. No edge rush

Post #: 618
RE: Other NFL News - 5/3/2018 10:43:24 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

2. No edge rush

#1 could certainly be true, but make no mistake. They got two very good draft picks at CB and they will be good.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 619
RE: Other NFL News - 5/3/2018 3:34:35 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

2. No edge rush

#1 could certainly be true, but make no mistake. They got two very good draft picks at CB and they will be good.

Rookies are seldomly good right out of the gate.

GB did sign Trumaine Williams whom is a veteran otherwise nobody in their secondary has more than 2 years of NFL experience.

They also lost Morgan Burnett S to FA

Not saying their rookies plus King (last years 1st rd pick) won't be good eventually.
Still a crapshoot. King was hurt a lot last year. Some of these guys just don't pan out.

Post #: 620
RE: Other NFL News - 5/4/2018 11:15:26 AM   
kgdabom

How significant is Tim Jernigan to the Iggles Defense?

ESPN reports Eagles DT Timmy Jernigan (back surgery) is questionable for Week 1.

The surgery was reported earlier this week, but this is the first timetable to surface. Jernigan will reportedly be sidelined 4-6 months, putting his availability for Week 1 in serious doubt and making him a candidate to open the season on the PUP list. If he does, he will miss the first six games of the season. In response to the injury, the Eagles guaranteed Jernigan's base salary this season, but his next three contract years were all converted to options.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 621
RE: Other NFL News - 5/4/2018 4:18:06 PM   
Bill Jandro

He is pretty vital to their defense.

I think they're pretty loaded though on the dline as they rotate guys.

Post #: 622
RE: Other NFL News - 5/4/2018 4:36:16 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

He is pretty vital to their defense.

I think they're pretty loaded though on the dline as they rotate guys.

Good chance he misses the game against us.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 623
RE: Other NFL News - 5/13/2018 8:25:27 AM   
kgdabom

Found this on Vikingupdate

SLIDE 15 / 16 - PACKERS: WILL WIN 14 GAMES THIS SEASON

(Photo: USA TODAY Sports)
"Having Rodgers back will help the Packers win at least 10 games. But with the additions the Packers made on both sides of the ball, they should be able to win 14 games which should give them home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. It won’t be easy, but if the Packers can sweep the NFC North and win have a winning record against the AFC East and NFC West, they should be able to clinch the No. 1 seed." - Jones

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 624
RE: Other NFL News - 5/13/2018 8:28:11 AM   
Bill Jandro

delusional

Post #: 625
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode