Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 9/19/2017 10:35:44 AM   
Mark Anderson

Jerry Jones' defense of Elliot giving up on a play(trying to tackle Chris Harris after INT). "Other players were loafing too."

This is why Jerry Jones will never win a SB without Jimmy Johnson. And don't say the Barry Switzer year because that Johnson's team.
Post #: 551
RE: Other NFL News - 9/19/2017 10:47:04 AM   
Tim Cady

Freeze face defending his stars!

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 552
RE: Other NFL News - 9/22/2017 5:20:14 PM   
kgdabom

Did anybody expect that offensive explosion from the Rams and 49ers? I would have given a 100-1 odds against a combined 80 points.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 553
RE: Other NFL News - 9/22/2017 5:28:24 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Did anybody expect that offensive explosion from the Rams and 49ers? I would have given a 100-1 odds against a combined 80 points.

Or defensive IMplosion?
Post #: 554
RE: Other NFL News - 9/22/2017 6:27:51 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Or defensive IMplosion?

The Rams defense had been looking pretty good hadn't they? Anyway who would have dreamed that Goff and Hoyer would combine for 80 points.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 555
RE: Other NFL News - 9/22/2017 9:31:07 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or defensive IMplosion?

The Rams defense had been looking pretty good hadn't they? Anyway who would have dreamed that Goff and Hoyer would combine for 80 points.

Nobody would, all the more it points to a defensive implosion.
Post #: 556
RE: Other NFL News - 9/29/2017 9:35:11 AM   
kgdabom

Rodgers was a real check down Charlie last night. Averaged less than 7 yards per attempt.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 557
RE: Other NFL News - 10/18/2017 4:54:53 PM   
Todd M

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/18/andrew-luck-wont-practice-this-week-due-to-shoulder-soreness/

---

Andrew Luck to Colt's coach Todd Mallett: My shoulder is sore.

Colts coach Todd Mallett: Don't care. Take a Tylonol.

Just to be fair to players not on the Vikings...
Post #: 558
RE: Other NFL News - 10/26/2017 1:55:21 PM   
Ed_Marotske

So...the Steelers have demoted Martavis Bryant .... Maybe a better option than Floyd? Would he fit in Minnesota? Diggs, Thielen & Bryant sounds like a pretty good receiving corps?
Post #: 559
RE: Other NFL News - 10/26/2017 2:27:12 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ed_Marotske

So...the Steelers have demoted Martavis Bryant .... Maybe a better option than Floyd? Would he fit in Minnesota? Diggs, Thielen & Bryant sounds like a pretty good receiving corps?

I don't know. Already had a one year suspension for drugs.

Give Coley and Adams a legit shot before bringing in a risky FA.
Post #: 560
RE: Other NFL News - 10/26/2017 2:54:34 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I don't know. Already had a one year suspension for drugs.

Give Coley and Adams a legit shot before bringing in a risky FA.

If he's made himself a problem child in a Football Mecca like Pittsburgh... and can't succeed with a future HOFer at QB what good would he be here?

He seems like the kind of guy that wants to rely on his freakish athletic ability and not work hard. And Zimmer loathes those type of players. We just got rid of Cordarelle Patterson who was very similar in the work ethic regard. It took him three years to figure out he needed to work his ass off here. Bryant isn't falling in line with Mike Tomlin he's not going to with Zimmer either.

Bryant needs some growing up time.

I say hands off the guy.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 561
RE: Other NFL News - 10/28/2017 9:22:20 AM   
Mark Anderson

If McNair uses the old phrase correctly(inmates running the asylum) instead of prison, is there still the uproar? I would say probably yes.
Post #: 562
RE: Other NFL News - 10/28/2017 9:25:19 AM   
Mark Anderson

Jacksonville D just got tougher. Got Dareus from Bills for 6th rounder.
Post #: 563
RE: Other NFL News - 10/28/2017 10:04:24 AM   
Ian Joseph

Hopefully, Dareus is focused now.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 564
RE: Other NFL News - 10/29/2017 6:53:44 PM   
Justin Sampson

Sunday morning started with a bombshell report from ESPN insider Adam Schefter that multiple teams were interesting in making a trade with retired Lions WR Calvin Johnson before the NFL trade deadline come Tuesday.

Lions approached about trading Calvin Johnson’s rights, sources tell ESPN. More on Sunday NFL Countdown…. https://t.co/xw6QICRw5v

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 29, 2017

We now know who one of those teams are, the team with the best record in the league, the Philadelphia Eagles.

#Eagles in pursuit of another weapon for #Wentz…hearing they are aggressively pursuing the rights for Calvin Johnson. #Megatron #GC

— Steven Albritton (@StevenAlbritton) October 29, 2017

To heat up rumors even further, Johnson was spotted on a plane to Philadelphia Sunday.

Detroit still owns the rights for Megatron, which they can trade to a Super Bowl contender that Johnson would be motivated to come back and play for, while the Lions would receive assets in return.

Johnson would be a perfect fit with the pass happy Eagles, adding another weapon to MVP favorite Carson Wentz and the Philly offense.
Post #: 565
RE: Other NFL News - 10/29/2017 8:45:36 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Justin Sampson

Sunday morning started with a bombshell report from ESPN insider Adam Schefter that multiple teams were interesting in making a trade with retired Lions WR Calvin Johnson before the NFL trade deadline come Tuesday.

Lions approached about trading Calvin Johnson’s rights, sources tell ESPN. More on Sunday NFL Countdown…. https://t.co/xw6QICRw5v

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 29, 2017

We now know who one of those teams are, the team with the best record in the league, the Philadelphia Eagles.

#Eagles in pursuit of another weapon for #Wentz…hearing they are aggressively pursuing the rights for Calvin Johnson. #Megatron #GC

— Steven Albritton (@StevenAlbritton) October 29, 2017

To heat up rumors even further, Johnson was spotted on a plane to Philadelphia Sunday.

Detroit still owns the rights for Megatron, which they can trade to a Super Bowl contender that Johnson would be motivated to come back and play for, while the Lions would receive assets in return.

Johnson would be a perfect fit with the pass happy Eagles, adding another weapon to MVP favorite Carson Wentz and the Philly offense.

Yikes

Eagles are damn good. Wentz is the real deal.

I hope Megatron holds them up. They paid Jeffreys 14ml on a one year flyer.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 566
RE: Other NFL News - 10/31/2017 7:51:58 AM   
Bill Jandro

Not sure why SF is trading for a qb at this stage of the season when they can have the pick of the litter in deep qb draft next April.

I suppose they could still pick a qb. Might have to cuz Grappalo is a FA next year. 33rd or 34th pick was steep.

Post #: 567
RE: Other NFL News - 10/31/2017 8:16:27 AM   
Ed_Marotske

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Not sure why SF is trading for a qb at this stage of the season when they can have the pick of the litter in deep qb draft next April.

I suppose they could still pick a qb. Might have to cuz Grappalo is a FA next year. 33rd or 34th pick was steep.

If the 49ers don't franchise him, Grappalo could end up right back in New England next year
Post #: 568
RE: Other NFL News - 10/31/2017 8:25:04 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

If the 49ers don't franchise him, Grappalo could end up right back in New England next year

When you think about it regarding how hard it is to find a good qb maybe it's not a bad experiment to test the waters on Grappalo. However, he still has to learn their offense w/o a TC coupling that with a bad Oline not sure they will learn much playing him the last 4-6 games this year.

Post #: 569
RE: Other NFL News - 10/31/2017 8:28:01 AM   
Phil Riewer

Ajayi to the Eagles?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 570
RE: Other NFL News - 10/31/2017 9:25:20 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Ajayi to the Eagles?

Crazy. Must be some behind the scenes things about Ajayi that we don't know.
Post #: 571
RE: Other NFL News - 10/31/2017 12:47:06 PM   
thebigo

quote:

The next draft might be deep at QB, but I don't think it's top heavy, IOWs the best QB out of that draft may just be a middlin' starter. IOWs there doesn't appear to be any sure fire QBOTFs. Unless you're listening to the PAC 10 guys over in the college thread spouting about their annual darling.
Post #: 572
RE: Other NFL News - 10/31/2017 1:47:26 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Ajayi to the Eagles?

Crazy. Must be some behind the scenes things about Ajayi that we don't know.

ESPN Report now says "locker room issues"
Post #: 573
RE: Other NFL News - 10/31/2017 2:04:21 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

The next draft might be deep at QB, but I don't think it's top heavy, IOWs the best QB out of that draft may just be a middlin' starter. IOWs there doesn't appear to be any sure fire QBOTFs. Unless you're listening to the PAC 10 guys over in the college thread spouting about their annual darling.

We haven't heard a peep about J Smith Schuster....pretty surprised about it too.

Post #: 574
RE: Other NFL News - 10/31/2017 2:17:13 PM   
Phil Riewer

NE w/o backup QB.....hot take is that it will be Kapernick.

Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode