Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 5/14/2018 6:07:08 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Todd, I just knew Warner didn't do it his first year with the Rams. I was working quickly, looked it up on Wikipedia, saw MVP award and then SB MVP award, and got it a little mixed up. Warner had his 2nd MVP award the year I listed, and then SB MVP later.

So close.
Post #: 651
RE: Other NFL News - 5/14/2018 7:02:21 PM   
marty

I should have known better Todd, if I had just reflected on it, I was limited in time to respond.

Here is the WIKIPEDIA excerpt, so you might understand how someone in a hurry might make such an error (unless they were a perfect being):

Warner first attained stardom while playing for the St. Louis Rams from 1998 to 2003, where he won NFL MVP awards in 1999 and 2001 as well as the Super Bowl MVP award
Post #: 652
RE: Other NFL News - 5/15/2018 12:41:27 AM   
marty

My expectation is 11-5, maybe 12-4 for the Vikes next season, but I think a magical 15-1 or 16-0 season is a possibility. Not sure if I have ever felt that way before a season; not recently. 1998 really took me by surprise, it felt magical.

IF the chemistry is good early with Cousins and the WRs, we could see a similar season. The Vikes have a better defense than '98, if they start getting some early leads, some take aways, strip sacks from the DL or LBers, this could really get fun.

I wish the season was starting right now, just want to see all these players stay healthy through the off season and preseason.
Post #: 653
RE: Other NFL News - 5/15/2018 1:13:23 AM   
JT2

I think we're 0-16 or 16-0, or something in between.

That's not taking into consideration players that wish to be injured, officials that sway the game and a league that has a predetermined Super Bowl already in place.
Post #: 654
RE: Other NFL News - 5/15/2018 9:54:55 AM   
marty

Will never forget the '98 Monday night game against the Packers, where after the got a TD taken away by a bogus phantom holding call (an attempt to get the Pukes back in the game), I heard a Packer fan say, "now they [the Vikings] will just get a LONGER TD". Lol, and that was exactly what happened.

I hope the Vikes are once again so dominant the refs won't be able to slow them down.
Post #: 655
RE: Other NFL News - 5/15/2018 9:57:39 AM   
69in09

quote:

Will never forget the '98 Monday night game against the Packers, where after the got a TD taken away by a bogus phantom holding call (an attempt to get the Pukes back in the game), I heard a Packer fan say, "now they [the Vikings] will just get a LONGER TD". Lol, and that was exactly what happened.

I hope the Vikes are once again so dominant the refs won't be able to slow them down.

Do you have your fingers crossed?

This is my burner account.
Post #: 656
RE: Other NFL News - 5/22/2018 8:46:22 AM   
Bill Jandro

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/4/26/17284176/report-packers-tackle-bryan-bulaga-refused-request-to-take-a-pay-cut

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 657
RE: Other NFL News - 5/22/2018 10:43:18 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/4/26/17284176/report-packers-tackle-bryan-bulaga-refused-request-to-take-a-pay-cut

I thought the team had to immediately cut any player who refused a pay cut or they would lose all credibility. However, I found this on Rotoworld.

Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said he expects RT Bryan Bulaga (ACL) "to be a part of our team."

Considering he is the one who will ultimately make that decision, Bulaga is a good bet to stick around. The right tackle is still recovering from a torn ACL suffered early in November, but Green Bay has not added much in the way of competition this offseason. As long as his health cooperates, Bulaga should open the season at right tackle

It sure doesn't seem like they are cutting him and certainly not immediately.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/22/2018 10:49:24 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 658
RE: Other NFL News - 5/22/2018 11:53:30 AM   
69in09

quote:

This article is a month old, I don’t believe any movement has happened on this, assuming it was a valid story in the first place.

They didn’t use a pick on the OL until the 5th round, so they don’t seem in a hurry to replace him.

Bulaga just tore his ACL in November, so IDK the team could cut him even if they wanted to without an injury settlement.

This is my burner account.
Post #: 659
RE: Other NFL News - 5/22/2018 12:26:43 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: 69in09

quote:

This article is a month old, I don’t believe any movement has happened on this, assuming it was a valid story in the first place.

They didn’t use a pick on the OL until the 5th round, so they don’t seem in a hurry to replace him.

Bulaga just tore his ACL in November, so IDK the team could cut him even if they wanted to without an injury settlement.

That article was a April 26. The one I copied and pasted was dated April 30.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 660
RE: Other NFL News - 5/22/2018 1:35:11 PM   
kgdabom

51 Case Keenum
QB Broncos
2017: N/A
Keenum's ascension was one of the best stories from 2017, but even with his stellar campaign, his first-time entry in the Top 100 at No. 51 is stunning. Minnesota's offense was a well-oiled machine with Keenum at the controls, outplaying all expectations in relief duty after starter Sam Bradford missed the majority of the season due to injury. The Vikings didn't miss a beat with the crafty Keenum, who was reliably sharp as the starter, enough to earn him a new contract with the Denver Broncos. Even with his excellent 2017, a second appearance inside the Top 60 would be surprising.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 661
RE: Other NFL News - 5/23/2018 1:00:56 AM   
David Levine

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
4h4 hours ago
Stunner from LA: Chargers’ TE Hunter Henry suffered a season-ending torn ACL today, per league source. Did it during a drill, running downfield, untouched. Second opinion coming Wednesday.
Post #: 662
RE: Other NFL News - 5/23/2018 12:30:00 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
4h4 hours ago
Stunner from LA: Chargers’ TE Hunter Henry suffered a season-ending torn ACL today, per league source. Did it during a drill, running downfield, untouched. Second opinion coming Wednesday.

Pretty big loss. Reports they are already working to bring Gates back.

Hope all our guys stay healthy, we've had too much bad luck and due for it to balance out.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 663
RE: Other NFL News - 5/26/2018 8:50:14 AM   
kgdabom

Way early, but every report I hear on Teddy has been positive. I am wishing the very best for him. Here is one of the reports.

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Teddy Bridgewater says his surgically repaired left knee "feels great."
And after his first practice with the Jets on Tuesday, it would be hard to argue.
Bridgewater participated fully in the Jets first OTA, running with ease, throwing hard and looking like a quarterback without any noticeable injury issues.
"We like what we see," Jets coach Todd Bowles said of Bridgewater's health. "We’ve only had one day of OTAs, that’ll be a process going forward."
There had been some uncertainty about how much Bridgewater would do during OTAs — the Jets had been tight-lipped about his level of participation in the first phase of offseason workouts as Bridgewater continues to recover from a devastating, non-contact knee injury he suffered with the Vikings in August of 2016.

But Bridgewater was able to do everything required of him on this day. He rolled out and threw on the run, accurately, during individual drills. During 7-on-7 drills, Bridgewater looked comfortable reading the defense, and rocketed some perfect passes into tight windows. Bridgewater took nine reps during team drills, and was able move with ease in and out of the pocket. He completed completed three passes in nine team drill reps.
"I've been working with the training staff," Bridgewater said. "We've been making some great progress. The goal is to get better every day. That's our primary focus right now."
He obviously out-played Sam Darnold and Josh McCown. But of course, this was a non-contact practice. It's still far too early to know where Bridgewater really stands or what kind of punishment his knee can take — Bridgewater wore a heavy brace on his knee and a sleeve on his leg.
If things continue to go well, Bridgewater will compete with Darnold and McCown for the starting job. But he said winning the starting job is not a concern right now.
"My primary focus is to be the best teammate I can be," Bridgewater said. "Be the best caliber player I can be to help the New York jets win football games. We're going to continue to push each other and it's going to trickle down the line with everyone in this locker room."

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/26/2018 8:53:18 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 664
RE: Other NFL News - 6/7/2018 4:21:04 PM   
kgdabom

Love hearing bad news for the Patriots.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Julian Edelman is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league's PED policy but is appealing.

This kind of news isn't supposed to get out before the appeals process is through, but it usually does. Like the vast majority of suspended players, Edelman is likely to lose his appeal. It's a major blow for a team that let Danny Amendola walk in free agency before trading Brandin Cooks. Of course, the Pats were already without Edelman in 2017 as he recovered from a torn ACL. He's turned 32 in the interim. Chris Hogan is now set up to be a fantasy monster for the first four weeks of the season, though Tom Brady's target delineation figures to be unpredictable. Including James White, Rex Burkhead, Kenny Britt, Jordan Matthews, Malcolm Mitchell and perhaps even sixth-rounder Braxton Berrios, there is no shortage of potential beneficiaries.

and this

ESPN Boston reports Malcolm Mitchell (knee) has been absent from Patriots OTAs.

It had previously been reported that Mitchell was expected to take part in OTAs. Speaking in February, Mitchell said he was "feeling great." His health remains unclear after he missed the entire 2017 with continued knee woes. Even with Julian Edelman slated for a four-game PED ban, it's looking like anything Mitchell contributes in 2018 will be a bonus. He's tough to hold onto in Dynasty leagues

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/7/2018 4:42:20 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 665
RE: Other NFL News - 6/8/2018 12:30:29 PM   
kgdabom

NBA commissioner Adam Silver responds to Steph Curry and LeBron James announcing they won't go to the White House:

They are "speaking out on issues that are important to them...I encourage them to continue to do that."

It is good speaking out on issues that are important. I think what they are doing is sending a bad message. White House visits are about honoring teams for their accomplishments.
When players refuse that honor it divides our very divided country even more. The players showing respect to the office of President even if they despise Trump would go a long way towards healing our division.
I'm sure there were plenty of players who did not like the politics of past Presidents, but they understood that these visits weren't about politics.
I also think Trump is making a terrible choice rescinding the visits. If one player or coach wants to come I think keeping the visit sends the right message.
Why should Doug Pederson and other members of the Eagles that wanted to make that visit be deprived of it based on politics of other team members and staff.
Trump cancelling the visits is acting like a child.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 666
RE: Other NFL News - 6/8/2018 8:17:05 PM   
Lynn G.

Nothing is ever as simple as it sounds. The players who refuse to go to a Trump White House don't simply dislike his politics or even, as you say, "despise" the man himself. The current inhabitant of the White House has literally disparaged their entire communities while praising white supremicists and KKK members. He has railed against Black Lives Matter protests, while defending protests by people wearing swastikas and carrying torches.

And he completely misrepresented the sideline kneel protest, called them sons of bitches, and demanded that they be fired.

This isn't the kind of thing that people can just ignore and look past. This is despicable behavior and I don't blame them for not wanting to be in the same space as that vile representation.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 667
RE: Other NFL News - 6/8/2018 8:34:26 PM  2 votes
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Nothing is ever as simple as it sounds. The players who refuse to go to a Trump White House don't simply dislike his politics or even, as you say, "despise" the man himself. The current inhabitant of the White House has literally disparaged their entire communities while praising white supremicists and KKK members. He has railed against Black Lives Matter protests, while defending protests by people wearing swastikas and carrying torches.

And he completely misrepresented the sideline kneel protest, called them sons of bitches, and demanded that they be fired.

This isn't the kind of thing that people can just ignore and look past. This is despicable behavior and I don't blame them for not wanting to be in the same space as that vile representation.

I happily rail against BLM they have done so many horrible things they are easily as despicable as Trump. As for saying Trump praises KKK members show me the evidence. As for him asking for the players to be fired almost anybody who does political protests at their place of employment would be fired. I certainly would be. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Trump without making things up or just swallowing the liberal propaganda hook line and sinker.
Bill Clinton was having Sex with interns in the oval office. That is despicable behavior, but nobody rejected invites to the White House while he was in it. Our country used to be more or less above hating their fellow person because of politics. Now we had performers having their lives threatened for performing at the presidential inauguration.
This has to end. It's terrorism. It's heavy handed trying to get your way in politics by force. Hate IMO is never the answer. Our country will never heal if this kind of behavior continues. If Trump is taking the Low road than the best way to combat him is by taking the high road. Otherwise you are playing right into his hands.
Mark my words the disrespecting of the office of President of the United States has begun and I don't think it will ever end. Opponents of our next President no matter who it is will probably follow suit. I hope I'm wrong.

Go Vikings.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/8/2018 10:57:27 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 668
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 6:31:51 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

I happily rail against BLM they have done so many horrible things they are easily as despicable as Trump. As for saying Trump praises KKK members show me the evidence. As for him asking for the players to be fired almost anybody who does political protests at their place of employment would be fired. I certainly would be. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Trump without making things up or just swallowing the liberal propaganda hook line and sinker.
Bill Clinton was having Sex with interns in the oval office. That is despicable behavior, but nobody rejected invites to the White House while he was in it. Our country used to be more or less above hating their fellow person because of politics. Now we had performers having their lives threatened for performing at the presidential inauguration.
This has to end. It's terrorism. It's heavy handed trying to get your way in politics by force. Hate IMO is never the answer. Our country will never heal if this kind of behavior continues. If Trump is taking the Low road than the best way to combat him is by taking the high road. Otherwise you are playing right into his hands.
Mark my words the disrespecting of the office of President of the United States has begun and I don't think it will ever end. Opponents of our next President no matter who it is will probably follow suit. I hope I'm wrong.

Go Vikings.

It seems to me they are disrespecting the clown that lives in the White House, not the office of President of the US. The way Trump behaves and disrespects the office he currently holds is the real problem in my opinion. I'm truely imbarrassed that our great country has managed to vote into the top office of the country such vile human being.
Post #: 669
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 7:52:18 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Go Vikings.

It seems to me they are disrespecting the clown that lives in the White House, not the office of President of the US. The way Trump behaves and disrespects the office he currently holds is the real problem in my opinion. I'm truely imbarrassed that our great country has managed to vote into the top office of the country such vile human being.

Both parties picked very poor candidates to represent them. Our country voted in the lesser evil. However, if Hillary had won I would not be disrespecting the office. I would have been supporting her to be the most effective President she could be. Also St. Frank if you were respecting the office you would not be calling the President a clown and a vile human being IMO. Even if it is true. Those are two very disrespectful names being thrown out there. You can't claim to respect the office when you call the person in it those kind of names.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/9/2018 8:02:11 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 670
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 8:08:07 AM   
kgdabom

I'm out on talking about this unless it comes back to football. My original comment was how it related to the effect of football players declining to attend and the Presidents very misguided decision to rescind the invitations.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 671
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 9:32:08 AM   
marty

I heard on the radio this morning that they still had some sort of ceremony and asked a bunch of Republican operatives to come there and pretend to be Eagle's fans. 8 of them were asked to name the Eagle's starting QB in the Super Bowl, and none of them knew the answer. Is this true ?
Post #: 672
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 9:44:19 AM   
thebigo

quote:

I heard on the radio this morning that they still had some sort of ceremony and asked a bunch of Republican operatives to come there and pretend to be Eagle's fans. 8 of them were asked to name the Eagle's starting QB in the Super Bowl, and none of them knew the answer. Is this true ?

Enquiring minds want to know.
Post #: 673
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 9:45:48 AM   
Lynn G.

We have proof of the effectiveness of propaganda right in front of us. The fact that someone is completely unaware that Trump has aligned himself with white supremicists, and to call criticism of Donald Trump terrorism, are perfect examples of how minds can be convinced that the the sun rises in the west. Polls also show that something like 45% of Republicans fell hook, line and sinker for the complete fabrication that Obama was born in Kenya. We have a lot of extremely gullible people in our nation.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 674
RE: Other NFL News - 6/9/2018 10:03:17 AM   
thebigo

quote:

We have proof of the effectiveness of propaganda right in front of us. The fact that someone is completely unaware that Trump has aligned himself with white supremicists, and to call criticism of Donald Trump terrorism, are perfect examples of how minds can be convinced that the the sun rises in the west. Polls also show that something like 45% of Republicans fell hook, line and sinker for the complete fabrication that Obama was born in Kenya. We have a lot of extremely gullible people in our nation.

How'd the polls work out for Hillary? There's also a lot of people in our nation that build their opinions on the flimsiest of "evidence". But they're not gullible though.
Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode