Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 4/26/2019 2:49:44 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Kansas City was one of the most exciting up and coming teams in the league with Mahomes, Hill, and Hunt. They lost hunt and now it appears that they have lost Tyreek Hill to domestic violence as well. What a messed up situation.
Chiefs GM Brett Veach stated Tyreek Hill "will not be partaking in any team activities."
"Earlier this evening we were made aware of the audio between Tyreek and Crystal [Espinal]," Veach affirmed in a team statement. "We were deeply disturbed by what we heard and are deeply concerned. Our main focus main concern is with the young child." The recording obtained by CBS Kansas City included Hill telling Espinal, "You need to be terrified of me, too, (expletive)." It wasn't stated outright, but Hill will effectively stay suspended while the team gathers and reviews all of the information. If verified, this could very well make for the end of the wideout's NFL career.
Source: Brooke Pryor on Twitter
Apr 25, 2019, 9:27 PM

If by "end of the wideout's NFL career" they mean signing with Cleveland...
Post #: 1426
RE: Other NFL News - 4/27/2019 1:12:06 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Kansas City was one of the most exciting up and coming teams in the league with Mahomes, Hill, and Hunt. They lost hunt and now it appears that they have lost Tyreek Hill to domestic violence as well. What a messed up situation.
Chiefs GM Brett Veach stated Tyreek Hill "will not be partaking in any team activities."
"Earlier this evening we were made aware of the audio between Tyreek and Crystal [Espinal]," Veach affirmed in a team statement. "We were deeply disturbed by what we heard and are deeply concerned. Our main focus main concern is with the young child." The recording obtained by CBS Kansas City included Hill telling Espinal, "You need to be terrified of me, too, (expletive)." It wasn't stated outright, but Hill will effectively stay suspended while the team gathers and reviews all of the information. If verified, this could very well make for the end of the wideout's NFL career.
Source: Brooke Pryor on Twitter
Apr 25, 2019, 9:27 PM

If by "end of the wideout's NFL career" they mean signing with Cleveland...

Close Enough .

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1427
RE: Other NFL News - 6/8/2019 8:29:24 AM   
Bill Jandro

In a late-Friday-in-June news dump, Brian Gaine was fired as the Texans’ general manager because, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, he simply wasn’t good enough. It took Houston until this point in the offseason to make this determination, insisting that no one moment led to this change.

Texans just went 11-5 made the playoffs and appeared to be heading in the right direction.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1428
RE: Other NFL News - 6/8/2019 9:02:57 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

The Vikes can do it Scott.

The Patriots did it with Buckley, the Vikes can do it with Waynes. The key is getting early leads in playoff games.

Right, but if you get rid of Waynes you don't need early leads in playoff games.
Post #: 1429
RE: Other NFL News - 6/8/2019 10:02:59 AM   
marty

I wouldn't say you wouldn't need them, just less dependent.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1430
RE: Other NFL News - 6/21/2019 2:37:32 PM   
Bill Jandro

Holy Crap

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/21/report-michael-thomas-looking-for-22-million-a-year/

Post #: 1431
RE: Other NFL News - 6/22/2019 7:57:28 AM   
Bill Jandro

I'll admit I wasn't a big fan of re-upping Theilen early. But glad they did.

Sounds like (according to the link I posted above) the wr market is about to explode.

Post #: 1432
RE: Other NFL News - 7/4/2019 9:27:58 AM   
Bill Jandro

Saints receiver Ted Ginn, whose boast last month that he would race anyone for $10,000 first brought attention to the idea of an NFL 40-yard dash tournament, no-showed despite being listed on the event website as a confirmed participant

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/29/marquise-goodwin-wins-40-yards-of-gold/

Post #: 1433
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2019 11:20:19 AM   
David Levine

A Pennsylvania lender is suing Washington Redskins running back Adrian Peterson for allegedly defaulting on a $5.2 million loan, according to New York court documents that The Athletic’s Daniel Kaplan obtained.

Peterson used the sum – which now stands at $6.6 million after legal fees and interest – to pay off other debts, including millions from a "pay-day lender."

The lawsuit is separate from the $2.4 million a Maryland judge ordered Peterson to pay back after he failed to repay a $4 million lending-service loan from 2016.
Post #: 1434
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2019 12:32:27 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

A Pennsylvania lender is suing Washington Redskins running back Adrian Peterson for allegedly defaulting on a $5.2 million loan, according to New York court documents that The Athletic’s Daniel Kaplan obtained.

Peterson used the sum – which now stands at $6.6 million after legal fees and interest – to pay off other debts, including millions from a "pay-day lender."

The lawsuit is separate from the $2.4 million a Maryland judge ordered Peterson to pay back after he failed to repay a $4 million lending-service loan from 2016.

This happened even faster than I predicted it would. Is he the most selfish human being of all time?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1435
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2019 12:35:18 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

This happened even faster than I predicted it would. Is he the most selfish human being of all time?

Definitely the least self-aware. And among the most stupid.

He'd be either dead or in jail if it wasn't for football. And he's likely going to be one of the 2 before too long.
Post #: 1436
RE: Other NFL News - 7/23/2019 1:32:33 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Definitely the least self-aware. And among the most stupid.

He'd be either dead or in jail if it wasn't for football. And he's likely going to be one of the 2 before too long.

Maybe that explains why he play hardball with his salary negotiations.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/23/adrian-peterson-deep-in-debt-lawyer-says-he-trusted-the-wrong-people/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1437
RE: Other NFL News - 8/4/2019 11:46:35 AM   
Bill Jandro

Peterson signed a 5ml deal for the next 2 seasons which won't even cover that debt.

Only 750K dead cap in 2020 so realistically it might be his last season. Unsure what he has for assets but he more than likely will be on that list of broke NFL players shortly.

Post #: 1438
RE: Other NFL News - 8/4/2019 2:31:31 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Peterson signed a 5ml deal for the next 2 seasons which won't even cover that debt.

Only 750K dead cap in 2020 so realistically it might be his last season. Unsure what he has for assets but he more than likely will be on that list of broke NFL players shortly.

He's not very articulate, so i don't see him getting a gig as an "analyst" or a coach. He can only blame himself, though. Well, I bet he blames somebody else.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1439
RE: Other NFL News - 8/4/2019 7:39:50 PM   
kgdabom

Jaguars signed RB Roc Thomas.
He'll join the Jaguars in Baltimore for joint practices with the Ravens this week. Thomas was let go by the Vikings last month, which came shortly after he was hit with a three-game suspension stemming from a marijuana arrest. In Jacksonville, he'll be competing with Ryquell Armstead, Alfred Blue and Thomas Rawls for backup looks behind third-year bell-cow Leonard Fournette.
Related: Minnesota Vikings
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Aug 4, 2019, 11:48 AM ET

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1440
RE: Other NFL News - 8/8/2019 11:22:47 AM   
David F.

This year's Hard Knocks on HBO is the Raiders. I watched the first episode. Jon Gruden might be the worst NFL head coach in history. I'm astounded. Oakland is screwed. First off, it appears that Gruden thinks all there is to being an NFL coach is to walk around and spout 'tough guy' type speeches. Secondly, there is very little structure and the players are out of control. A linebacker hits a tight end in a drill with no pads and there are no consequences. Lastly, Gruden lets Antonio Brown second guess him in front of everyone and does nothing other than possibly prepare in his head his next 'tough guy' rah-rah speech.

Oakland will never win more than eight games in a season under Jon Gruden. Whoever hired him for ten years shouldn't be allowed to even fold the towels in the lockerroom.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1441
RE: Other NFL News - 8/8/2019 12:20:26 PM  2 votes
David Levine

Gruden has always been wildly overrated as a coach. He won a SB with a defense that Dungy built and because his successor in Oakland was too stupid to change the play calls after Gruden left...

He has a "made for TV" personality that resonated with a lot of people, but as a coach, he was average at best.
Post #: 1442
RE: Other NFL News - 8/9/2019 3:36:52 PM   
Bruce Johnson

This is weird.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2849093-raiders-rumors-antonio-brown-files-helmet-grievance-against-nfl

Post #: 1443
RE: Other NFL News - 8/14/2019 10:27:28 PM  1 votes
David F.

Episode 2 of Hard Knocks. John Gruden comes off like some drunken fan was pulled out of a bar and told to try and look like what they think an NFL coach looks like. In two episodes I now will never accept the 'well he's a head coach in the NFL and you're not so you're likely incorrect' on anything ever again.

Post #: 1444
RE: Other NFL News - 8/27/2019 2:45:10 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm happy to see this.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1166197479932661762

Post #: 1445
RE: Other NFL News - 8/27/2019 4:38:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I'm happy to see this.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1166197479932661762

That is most excellent and triumphant to see.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1446
RE: Other NFL News - 9/5/2019 9:16:24 PM   
David F.

I’ve seen four holding calls on the packer offensive line so far tonight. That’s about half a season’s worth right there.

Post #: 1447
RE: Other NFL News - 9/6/2019 9:46:07 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

I’ve seen four holding calls on the packer offensive line so far tonight. That’s about half a season’s worth right there.

About choked when I saw that Chicago set a record last year for least holding calls
Something like 12 for the entire year?
GB is always in that echelon also
Absolute case of a league wanting a team to "do well"
The holding call was, is, and will always be … one of the greatest equalizers in the game, imo.
Can easily make a blowout a close game or vice versa. All depends on WHEN it's used.
Post #: 1448
RE: Other NFL News - 9/7/2019 4:13:56 PM   
Steve Lentz

Brown to the Patriots.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1449
RE: Other NFL News - 9/7/2019 5:42:55 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Shocking
Post #: 1450
Page:   <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode