Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 10:18:41 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

This site keeps moving towards a state of entropy.

On one side you have people that aren't very nice. The other, people who are too easily offended.

It's not a great mix.

Reflection of the country in many ways.
Pretty solid observation my Canadien friend.

That's just mean. Hope Todd isn't offended.

I love Todd
And his country
They are our hat, after all ....
Post #: 2876
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 10:26:32 AM   
bohumm

quote:

On one side you have people that aren't very nice. The other, people who are too easily offended.

It's not a great mix.

If this is directed at me---and by its placement after my most recent exchange with Bill I assume it is---I am not apologetic for standing up to someone who intentionally mischaracterizes my posts and seems to exist on this site primarily to be a general pain in the ass. He also accused me of being a poster whose behavior on here I've consistently stood up to, including the immediate defense of a certain Canadian who was the last target of his ugliness. If that also makes me too sensitive or not nice, again I do not apologize for that.
Post #: 2877
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 10:45:22 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

It's not a great mix.

If this is directed at me---and by its placement after my most recent exchange with Bill I assume it is---I am not apologetic for standing up to someone who intentionally mischaracterizes my posts and seems to exist on this site primarily to be a general pain in the ass. He also accused me of being a poster whose behavior on here I've consistently stood up to, including the immediate defense of a certain Canadian who was the last target of his ugliness. If that also makes me too sensitive or not nice, again I do not apologize for that.

It was not directed at you. As far as I've seen you've never had a reason to apologize for anything. Cheers.
Post #: 2878
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 10:52:36 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's not a great mix.

It was not directed at you. As far as I've seen you've never had a reason to apologize for anything. Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback. Many loonies to you and yours.
Post #: 2879
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 2:09:06 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's not a great mix.

Thanks for the feedback. Many loonies to you and yours.

Buncha snowflakes...

Todd, c’mon buddy.. I know you are dealing with some crap, hope it’s improving..

The one thing I have learned throughout my ordeal is that you can not let emotions control you, you can not control any other person or situation other than by the methods and manner that you deal with the situations.

No one will see things the way you do, because they are not you.

I know from our personal conversations that your sig line is based in your reality.

You were in a good place once, you can get to anotherone.
You can do it.

Like the healthy eating, controlling your diabetes with minimal drug maintenance, losing weight and quitting smoking..

Failure and faceplants are part of the humanity everybody lives with.
It is the strengths and determination we summon up to over come obsticals and be better people, that defines us.

End rant.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 1/31/2019 2:10:58 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2880
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 2:14:24 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Fn iPad screen protector needs replaced.. it’s like trying to type thru a badly scratched pair of glasses at a manual , not electric, typewriter, with gloves on..

Edit edit spellcheck, edit.. gezus H Sntaclaws..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2881
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 2:26:25 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

How come global warming believers get to have it both ways?

Mr. hamuger helper has been on that avatar, for that reason, for a looong time...

It still makes me shake my head when some of the”list” filter through in “quotes “..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2882
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 2:30:13 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

How come global warming believers get to have it both ways?

Happy to be of help GF:

https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/graphic-the-relentless-rise-of-carbon-dioxide/

Probably not what he was looking for.

So... facts in general are a problem?

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2883
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 6:32:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

One OG off the FA market ...

Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
4h4 hours ago
'
The #Colts signed guard Mark Glowinski to a contract extension, they announced. Source said it’s a three-year deal worth $18M with a signing bonus of $4.2M. They lock him up before free agency.

Before free agency? Gasp. Wonder what the 'waiting until the draft is folly' crowd is going to do? More the goalposts I guess.

Keep saying we have to acquire at least two interior linemen who can credibly start. Sign 'em or trade for 'em, we can't end up coming up short in the draft------again. We have two or three holes that have to be filled.

Wow, right on cue!

Still wondering what "credibly start" means. Sounds to me like a CYA term.

I don't feel any need to cover my ass. It's my opinion that waiting until the draft---again---to fill the gaping holes in our line is folly, as proven last year. "Credibly start" is easy to understand if you really want to, but my guess is you'd rather continue bleating. Does "viable starter" work for you?

And if we don't get two viable Day 1 starters in the draft (and roll the dice that Elflein or Easton will be viable even though they weren't this year) and we go into the season with holes in our interior O-line? That's fine with you?

LMAO! You simply traded two "credible" starters for two "viable" starters!

As I said JC, what happens when reality hits your demand? Rationale people would suggest MAYBE we could get one solid starter in free agency. But not you. You say we need "AT LEAST two credible" err... (move the goalposts as far as numbers) "two viable" starters, or else we screwed up. Is that about right JC?

And please, stop looking up synonyms to change your intent.

WTF with the JC BS?

I'm only offering synonyms---which I didn't have to look up---because you're too fukking obtuse to understand that credible means someone who can legitimately hold the spot but is not necessarily high quality. In other words, don't suck. I never said they needed any stars, only people who can credibly man the spot. Since you were being such a dick, I offered viable to maybe help you understand. But you think we'll find two viable Day 1 starters in the draft, so really no explanation is going to help you.

But stick with your little shtick, be an intentionally (I hope) obtuse assshole, and enjoy your little princess status.

Ah, shut up snowflake. And good luck with your fantasy "at least two starter" scenario in free agency.

Geez, the things the JC-wannabes dream up so they can say I told you so. Hey rookie, let's up the fantasy scenario to THREE starters!

Viable, LMAO!
Post #: 2884
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 6:41:09 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Still waiting to hear who all these "credible" starting offensive linemen are that have already told their agents to get to Minnesota, first stop. And do the reverse leverage thing... tell the Wilfs they are not leaving until Brzez signs their guy. Below market rate, screw the other teams, =better schemes, just do whatever it takes to sign in Minny.

We can host and sign them all simultaneously!
Post #: 2885
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 6:59:02 PM   
Todd M

There is a 'Team OLine'...assembled this year to transform our OL into a respectable unit. From round 1 through UDFA, every FA, everyone on a roster bubble...they will get us 5 decent enough guys on the line with adequate depth.

One guy has to get the money. Whoever is a top prize out there should get the treatment that has landed other FA's. Land the one guy and you need to shake one guy loose from the draft, and 3-4 new guys that will challenge what we have for that adequate depth.

I'm really not afraid of them neglecting it this year, or missing having to pick up scraps.

They'll get this and then add that to the team we are. It's going to have to be good enough in the next shot or 2 or this thing is gonna get blown up.

I don't believe 'this is the year' kind of thing any more...but there is reason for optimism. I'd say chances are pretty high we are going to be at least challenging for the title next year.
Post #: 2886
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 7:47:49 PM   
thebigo

quote:

There is a 'Team OLine'...assembled this year to transform our OL into a respectable unit. From round 1 through UDFA, every FA, everyone on a roster bubble...they will get us 5 decent enough guys on the line with adequate depth.

One guy has to get the money. Whoever is a top prize out there should get the treatment that has landed other FA's. Land the one guy and you need to shake one guy loose from the draft, and 3-4 new guys that will challenge what we have for that adequate depth.

I'm really not afraid of them neglecting it this year, or missing having to pick up scraps.

They'll get this and then add that to the team we are. It's going to have to be good enough in the next shot or 2 or this thing is gonna get blown up.

I don't believe 'this is the year' kind of thing any more...but there is reason for optimism. I'd say chances are pretty high we are going to be at least challenging for the title next year.

Did we hire an OL coach yet?
Post #: 2887
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 7:59:38 PM   
Todd M

I think we're still sitting at one half an OL coach? A co- without another co- ...

So we're just missing like one half a guy from Team OLine.
Post #: 2888
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 9:04:12 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

It's not a great mix.

Reflection of the country in many ways.
Pretty solid observation my Canadien friend.

Yep.

Moderate DEMs = not very nice

Way out Libs = too easily offended

Post #: 2889
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 10:23:13 PM   
bohumm

quote:

Still waiting to hear who all these "credible" starting offensive linemen are that have already told their agents to get to Minnesota, first stop. And do the reverse leverage thing... tell the Wilfs they are not leaving until Brzez signs their guy. Below market rate, screw the other teams, =better schemes, just do whatever it takes to sign in Minny.

Matt Paradis
Mitch Morse
Andy Levitre
Ramon Foster
Quinton Spain
Travis Swanson
Rodger Saffold
Ju'Wuan James
A.J. Cann
Mike Iupati
Max Garcia

And others who can be signed or traded for to, at a minimum, credibly man the interior of the OL so we're not entirely dependent on finding Day 1 starters in the draft.

Now tell me the two certain Day 1 starters who we will for sure be able to draft in April so we're not starting Tom Compton and Mike Remmers in Game One.
Post #: 2890
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2019 6:25:08 AM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

Wow bill sarcasm is ok.. but doing the “JC-wannabe” thing is kinda like a kick in the nuts from behind...

No one deserves that but CPAMAN..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2891
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2019 6:34:14 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

Matt Paradis
Mitch Morse https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Matt-Paradis-free-agent-profile-128519680/
Andy Levitre damaged goods. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24725303/andy-levitre-atlanta-falcons-left-guard-placed-injured-reserve-triceps-injury
Ramon Foster https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Ramon-Foster-free-agent-profile-128474860/
Quinton Spain https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SpaiQu00.htm
Travis Swanson https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SwanTr00.htm
Rodger Saffold https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SaffRo20.htm
Ju'Wuan James http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/28635/big-payday-near-jawuan-james-will-see-how-much-dolphins-value-him
A.J. Cann
Mike Iupati
Max Garcia

And others who can be signed or traded for to, at a minimum, credibly man the interior of the OL so we're not entirely dependent on finding Day 1 starters in the draft.

Now tell me the two certain Day 1 starters who we will for sure be able to draft in April so we're not starting Tom Compton and Mike Remmers in Game One.

Just added some links

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2892
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2019 9:05:32 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

Matt Paradis
Mitch Morse https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Matt-Paradis-free-agent-profile-128519680/
Andy Levitre damaged goods. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24725303/andy-levitre-atlanta-falcons-left-guard-placed-injured-reserve-triceps-injury
Ramon Foster https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Ramon-Foster-free-agent-profile-128474860/
Ju'Wuan James http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/28635/big-payday-near-jawuan-james-will-see-how-much-dolphins-value-him
A.J. Cann
Mike Iupati
Max Garcia

Just added some links

Its just a list and doesn't prove or disprove anything. We will see in the next four or five weeks who is actually going to be available ... and very importantly, why.

(For instance, the list starts out with broken leg, torn triceps, 33 years old) ...

There is usually only one or two good starting caliber OL available each free agency, then a player or two or three with a lot of game experience but OK labels (Reiff), and then a bunch of journeyman.
Post #: 2893
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2019 9:17:44 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Matt Paradis
A.J. Cann
Mike Iupati
Max Garcia

Just added some links

Its just a list and doesn't prove or disprove anything. We will see in the next four or five weeks who is actually going to be available ... and very importantly, why.

(For instance, the list starts out with broken leg, torn triceps, 33 years old) ...

There is usually only one or two good starting caliber OL available each free agency, then a player or two or three with a lot of game experience but OK labels (Reiff), and then a bunch of journeyman.

List not meant to be exhaustive or even proffer certifiably capable OL; instead, I want to show that there are players aplenty in FA and on rosters for the team to comb through and come up with a path to standing up a credible OL in Week One of 2019 no matter what happens in the draft. That path is much clearer than hoping to find at least two legit Day 1 starters in the draft or afterward.

From my POV, which is obviously limited, I would go all in on Paradis. The Kubiak Kids, if they were worth hiring, should give us an inside path. He could be valuable in not only anchoring a chronically weak interior OL, but also in implementing the new system. Then I would focus on an OG who can be at least minimally effective in that system and pass pro, and let Elflein, Easton (if he re-signs), draft picks, lower-tier FAs, etc compete for the other OG spot.

Costly, to some degree, but when you let your roof fall apart and the rainy season is coming, you might overpay to have a viable structure.
Post #: 2894
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2019 10:09:11 AM   
thebigo

quote:

I think we're still sitting at one half an OL coach? A co- without another co- ...

So we're just missing like one half a guy from Team OLine.

Rumors are we are hiring that one guy, so maybe it could be said we're just short one quarter a guy.
Post #: 2895
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2019 10:31:18 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

Wow bill sarcasm is ok.. but doing the “JC-wannabe” thing is kinda like a kick in the nuts from behind...

No one deserves that but CPAMAN..

When I grow up, I want to be just like Daniel Young.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 2896
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2019 10:32:59 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Matt Paradis
A.J. Cann
Mike Iupati
Max Garcia

Just added some links

If Reiff is ok, I think drafting from the Gophers O-line would provide a better alternative.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 2897
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2019 10:34:14 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Matt Paradis
A.J. Cann
Mike Iupati
Max Garcia

Just added some links

List not meant to be exhaustive or even proffer certifiably capable OL; instead, I want to show that there are players aplenty in FA and on rosters for the team to comb through and come up with a path to standing up a credible OL in Week One of 2019 no matter what happens in the draft. That path is much clearer than hoping to find at least two legit Day 1 starters in the draft or afterward.

From my POV, which is obviously limited, I would go all in on Paradis. The Kubiak Kids, if they were worth hiring, should give us an inside path. He could be valuable in not only anchoring a chronically weak interior OL, but also in implementing the new system. Then I would focus on an OG who can be at least minimally effective in that system and pass pro, and let Elflein, Easton (if he re-signs), draft picks, lower-tier FAs, etc compete for the other OG spot.

Costly, to some degree, but when you let your roof fall apart and the rainy season is coming, you might overpay to have a viable structure.

Aplenty?

There’s typically not.

I appreciate the outlook right now but pickings are very slim - for everybody. I’m not sure how many consistently decent players will be available - I’m not talking about the good ones. but not a whole lot. Everybody is scrambling.

We have our work cut out.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 2/1/2019 12:31:51 PM >
Post #: 2898
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2019 12:34:32 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Matt Paradis
Mitch Morse
Andy Levitre
Ramon Foster
Quinton Spain
Travis Swanson
Rodger Saffold
Ju'Wuan James
A.J. Cann
Mike Iupati
Max Garcia

Go hard after Paradis, Saffold and Foster. Get at least one of them.

Take a flyer on Iupati and see if he has anything left.
Post #: 2899
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2019 12:34:55 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Matt Paradis
A.J. Cann
Mike Iupati
Max Garcia

Just added some links

If Reiff is ok, I think drafting from the Gophers O-line would provide a better alternative.

OK ... Reif with a ‘solid but nothing spectacular’ label.
Post #: 2900
Page:   <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode