Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  113 114 [115] 116 117   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 7:43:56 AM   
Bill Jandro

So this is what it's like in Antartica

Stay warm peeps

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2851
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 8:23:00 AM   
ronhextall

Startribune has an article on Romo, said he would like to coach someday and watches as much film any coach according to some.

Be scary how good he could make a QB by just talking about pre snap reads.
Post #: 2852
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 9:27:58 AM   
ruffenach

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Startribune has an article on Romo, said he would like to coach someday and watches as much film any coach according to some.

Be scary how good he could make a QB by just talking about pre snap reads.

Yes
Post #: 2853
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 10:15:04 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Stay warm peeps

-13 at 7 am actual temp... wind chill in the -20 ranges..

Todays expected high? 1 degree Fahrenheit.. wind chills well below zero, all day..

And the doinks, including our glorious smartest leader ever, point to this type of weather as “proof” that global warming is a hoax..

IDIOTS.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2854
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 11:13:36 AM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Stay warm peeps

Todays expected high? 1 degree Fahrenheit.. wind chills well below zero, all day..

And the doinks, including our glorious smartest leader ever, point to this type of weather as “proof” that global warming is a hoax..

IDIOTS.

Isn't this about the time when Brad pops in to remind everyone that it's 70 and sunny out West?

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 2855
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 11:38:45 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

Stay warm peeps

IDIOTS.

-27 at 7 am actual temp... wind chill in the -40 ranges..

Todays expected high? -14 degrees Fahrenheit.. wind chills well below -20, all day.. Tonights expected low -32.
Post #: 2856
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 11:41:25 AM   
ruffenach

quote:

quote:

Stay warm peeps

IDIOTS.

In Bemidji it was a -38 tempter and -58 with wind chill
Post #: 2857
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 5:22:28 PM   
Viking Rich

Looking at a Bleacher Report Article for Bold Free Agent Predictions for every NFL team this offseason...

For the Vikings:

Minnesota Vikings Sign Ja'Wuan James (RT, Dolphins) and Mitch Morse (C, Chiefs)

Bringing in offensive tackle Ja'Wuan James might not qualify as bold, and hiring center Mitch Morse isn't likely to generate large-font headlines either. But considering the state of their offensive line, the Minnesota Vikings would send a considerable message if they were to sign two linemen like James and Morse in March.

I'd expect the Vikings to also be in on Trent Brown, but because they need help across the line, the likely cheaper James would make a lot of sense alongside an interior offensive lineman like Morse.

Both are 26 years old. James has generally been a disappointment as a 2014 first-round pick but hasn't been a bad starter at right tackle. Morse has been good of late when healthy, but the 2015 second-rounder has missed 14 games the last two seasons.

The potential scenario here is James comes on board to play right tackle; second-year second-round pick Brian O'Neill competes with Riley Reiff for the left tackle job; one settles for a swing tackle role; and Morse battles for positioning inside with Tom Compton, Mike Remmers and Pat Elflein.

That would give one of the least competent offensive lines in football a significantly better chance at becoming somewhat reliable in 2019.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2817183-bold-free-agent-predictions-for-every-nfl-team#slide20

Sam Darnold's Gonna Shock Us All
Post #: 2858
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 6:02:37 PM  1 votes
GopherFan34

How come global warming believers get to have it both ways?
Post #: 2859
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 6:24:44 PM   
joejitsu

Don't believe the hype, TalkVikes buddies. Many of you all have it worse than Chicago right now. It's cold here, but not northern Minnesota cold, by any stretch.
Post #: 2860
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 6:27:36 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

Looking at a Bleacher Report Article for Bold Free Agent Predictions for every NFL team this offseason...

For the Vikings:

Minnesota Vikings Sign Ja'Wuan James (RT, Dolphins) and Mitch Morse (C, Chiefs)

Bringing in offensive tackle Ja'Wuan James might not qualify as bold, and hiring center Mitch Morse isn't likely to generate large-font headlines either. But considering the state of their offensive line, the Minnesota Vikings would send a considerable message if they were to sign two linemen like James and Morse in March.

I'd expect the Vikings to also be in on Trent Brown, but because they need help across the line, the likely cheaper James would make a lot of sense alongside an interior offensive lineman like Morse.

Both are 26 years old. James has generally been a disappointment as a 2014 first-round pick but hasn't been a bad starter at right tackle. Morse has been good of late when healthy, but the 2015 second-rounder has missed 14 games the last two seasons.

The potential scenario here is James comes on board to play right tackle; second-year second-round pick Brian O'Neill competes with Riley Reiff for the left tackle job; one settles for a swing tackle role; and Morse battles for positioning inside with Tom Compton, Mike Remmers and Pat Elflein.

That would give one of the least competent offensive lines in football a significantly better chance at becoming somewhat reliable in 2019.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2817183-bold-free-agent-predictions-for-every-nfl-team#slide20

I like the Morse idea. James has not impressed me much, but Morse is good. He also gives us the option of moving Elf to one of the guard spots, if need be.
Post #: 2861
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 7:00:11 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

nm

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 1/30/2019 7:01:22 PM >
Post #: 2862
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 8:01:33 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

nm

Not very quotable.
Post #: 2863
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 8:33:28 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

One OG off the FA market ...

Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
4h4 hours ago
'
The #Colts signed guard Mark Glowinski to a contract extension, they announced. Source said it’s a three-year deal worth $18M with a signing bonus of $4.2M. They lock him up before free agency.

Before free agency? Gasp. Wonder what the 'waiting until the draft is folly' crowd is going to do? More the goalposts I guess.

Keep saying we have to acquire at least two interior linemen who can credibly start. Sign 'em or trade for 'em, we can't end up coming up short in the draft------again. We have two or three holes that have to be filled.

Wow, right on cue!

Still wondering what "credibly start" means. Sounds to me like a CYA term.

I don't feel any need to cover my ass. It's my opinion that waiting until the draft---again---to fill the gaping holes in our line is folly, as proven last year. "Credibly start" is easy to understand if you really want to, but my guess is you'd rather continue bleating. Does "viable starter" work for you?

And if we don't get two viable Day 1 starters in the draft (and roll the dice that Elflein or Easton will be viable even though they weren't this year) and we go into the season with holes in our interior O-line? That's fine with you?

LMAO! You simply traded two "credible" starters for two "viable" starters!

As I said JC, what happens when reality hits your demand? Rationale people would suggest MAYBE we could get one solid starter in free agency. But not you. You say we need "AT LEAST two credible" err... (move the goalposts as far as numbers) "two viable" starters, or else we screwed up. Is that about right JC?

And please, stop looking up synonyms to change your intent.
Post #: 2864
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 8:38:09 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Try climate change. You know, indirect impacts.
Post #: 2865
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 8:47:03 PM   
Bill Johanesen

We need three credible starters, err viable starters, err warm body names, err street free agents because waiting for the draft is, and I quote, "folly".

Everyone knows "multiple" overpriced and old free agents are the only way to build your OL, screw the draft, and know that every FA is pawning to come to Minnesota... even when your cap is really tight!

Also because they love the weather, ouch.
Post #: 2866
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 10:17:22 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

One OG off the FA market ...

Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
4h4 hours ago
'
The #Colts signed guard Mark Glowinski to a contract extension, they announced. Source said it’s a three-year deal worth $18M with a signing bonus of $4.2M. They lock him up before free agency.

Before free agency? Gasp. Wonder what the 'waiting until the draft is folly' crowd is going to do? More the goalposts I guess.

Keep saying we have to acquire at least two interior linemen who can credibly start. Sign 'em or trade for 'em, we can't end up coming up short in the draft------again. We have two or three holes that have to be filled.

Wow, right on cue!

Still wondering what "credibly start" means. Sounds to me like a CYA term.

I don't feel any need to cover my ass. It's my opinion that waiting until the draft---again---to fill the gaping holes in our line is folly, as proven last year. "Credibly start" is easy to understand if you really want to, but my guess is you'd rather continue bleating. Does "viable starter" work for you?

And if we don't get two viable Day 1 starters in the draft (and roll the dice that Elflein or Easton will be viable even though they weren't this year) and we go into the season with holes in our interior O-line? That's fine with you?

LMAO! You simply traded two "credible" starters for two "viable" starters!

As I said JC, what happens when reality hits your demand? Rationale people would suggest MAYBE we could get one solid starter in free agency. But not you. You say we need "AT LEAST two credible" err... (move the goalposts as far as numbers) "two viable" starters, or else we screwed up. Is that about right JC?

And please, stop looking up synonyms to change your intent.

WTF with the JC BS?

I'm only offering synonyms---which I didn't have to look up---because you're too fukking obtuse to understand that credible means someone who can legitimately hold the spot but is not necessarily high quality. In other words, don't suck. I never said they needed any stars, only people who can credibly man the spot. Since you were being such a dick, I offered viable to maybe help you understand. But you think we'll find two viable Day 1 starters in the draft, so really no explanation is going to help you.

But stick with your little shtick, be an intentionally (I hope) obtuse assshole, and enjoy your little princess status.
Post #: 2867
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/30/2019 10:31:11 PM   
bstinger

quote:

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 2868
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 6:14:40 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

Happy to be of help GF:

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2869
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 6:14:57 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

Happy to be of help GF:

https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/graphic-the-relentless-rise-of-carbon-dioxide/

< Message edited by Lynn G. -- 1/31/2019 6:16:03 AM >

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2870
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 6:25:04 AM   
Todd M

This site keeps moving towards a state of entropy.

On one side you have people that aren't very nice. The other, people who are too easily offended.

It's not a great mix.
Post #: 2871
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 9:03:26 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

On one side you have people that aren't very nice. The other, people who are too easily offended.

It's not a great mix.

Reflection of the country in many ways.
Pretty solid observation my Canadien friend.
Post #: 2872
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 9:28:07 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

It's not a great mix.

Yeah. Agree on both. But, we still have an outlet for Vikings and Hockey talk, even though there appears to be less of it here.
Post #: 2873
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 9:47:37 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

It's not a great mix.

That's just mean. Hope Todd isn't offended.
Post #: 2874
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2019 9:50:02 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

Happy to be of help GF:

https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/graphic-the-relentless-rise-of-carbon-dioxide/

Probably not what he was looking for.
Post #: 2875
Page:   <<   < prev  113 114 [115] 116 117   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  113 114 [115] 116 117   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode