Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 1:42:09 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Seattle hasn't exactly been a world beater. Beat Dallas in week 3, played LA close in a loss. Slipped by Carolina. That's about it.

Agreed. However, they bring effort and execute well.

Their oline has been awful the couple seasons but have rebuilt it somewhat and have the #1 rushing offense.

We clearly have superior talent but mostly look disinterested on the field.

Coaching aside our players really need to play with some urgency.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 401
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 2:05:43 PM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I normally think it's just our emotions when we bitch about the lack of calls against the Puke in Lameland. When you watch a game as a neutral it really is appalling.

Erin runs and get his ass handed to him, legally. Olineman comes to his little rescue and takes the DB 20 yards downfield after the whistle. Refs are right there in the middle of the scrum. They don't throw the flags until Atlanta gets in the mix to help the DB out. It's now somehow 'offsetting'.

I'm not watching (power was out due to snow/ice) and checked out that game's boxscore and was wondering how the score was so lopsided after looking at the player stats. I checked out the team stats and found out the penalties were: ATL 8-66 & GB 1-7 plus SIX (is this a record?) 1st downs due to penalty for GB.

< Message edited by odin -- 12/9/2018 2:08:39 PM >
Post #: 402
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 2:13:12 PM   
marty

The spread was GB -5.5, went down to GB -4, much more bet on Atlanta.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 403
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 2:32:57 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Seattle hasn't exactly been a world beater. Beat Dallas in week 3, played LA close in a loss. Slipped by Carolina. That's about it.

Agreed. However, they bring effort and execute well.

Their oline has been awful the couple seasons but have rebuilt it somewhat and have the #1 rushing offense.

We clearly have superior talent but mostly look disinterested on the field.

Coaching aside our players really need to play with some urgency.

No way in hell the Vikings win a night game on the road vs. a playoff competing team. Especially a team with an excellent QB and a #1 ranked rushing attack. It would be an epic upset for the Vikings to win.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 404
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 2:55:42 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Not sure if they'll come back but Mahomes and Hill just made one hell of a play to keep the Cheifs in it.
Post #: 405
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 3:00:59 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

Not sure if they'll come back but Mahomes and Hill just made one hell of a play to keep the Cheifs in it.

He is fun to watch.
Post #: 406
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 3:10:58 PM   
Jeff Jesser

OMG - Miami just miracled the Pats. They had Gronk back as the safety and it burned them big time.
Post #: 407
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 3:16:12 PM   
Pager

Washington blown out

Panthers lose to CLE

If Eagles lose and we win, our playoff chances jumps to 88%

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 408
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 4:56:51 PM   
Viking Rich

Miami scores 34 points against the Patriots suspect defense...with Tannehill at QB!

Vikings score a measly 10 freaking points against this same defense...something is wrong with this team.

I know Miami tends to give New England a hard time in Miami, but damn, we're talking about Ryan Tannehill!

Our guys are hampered by a poor head coaching staff, from the head coach to the coordinators and special teams.

I don't think the Saints are any more talented or special than the Vikings personnel wise, but they're coached so differently. I see poor decisions, tentative play calling, lack of schemes, and no cohesion.

I hope there are some changes next season...

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 409
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 5:08:53 PM   
ronhextall

I have about given up on the year but I look foward to seeing KC NO and Rams in playoffs. They are a lot of fun to watch. Mahomes is like a dream to me.

Cowboys seem to get better each week.
Post #: 410
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 5:25:45 PM   
Jeff Jesser

So let me get this right. It's not a penalty to walk in to a team celebration and 'break it up' in the endzone? That's what the Cowboys just did. Philly was doing some dumb celebration where guys were lining up in a particular way (not sure what it was supposed to be) and Cowboy linemen just got in the middle of them to break it up, no flags thrown at all.
Post #: 411
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 5:54:00 PM   
Ricky J

Pitt getting away with an incomplete pass instead of a fumble (on a strip) is such bullshit call

What's more bullshit than that is they blew the whistle on a play that is so close they have to slow it down to get an accurate read on it. The Oakland defender had that ball and was going to pick it up and run with it. Easy play to review (automatic with turnover) and get right if by chance it actually was a pass

Well F duh! Don't you think those are the types of play you swallow the whistle on and you can get it right when looking at the replay if there is a turnover?

I listened to an interview with Ed Hochuli Friday night in which he said he studied 20 hours a week in preparation for the next game. If that's true and they study this much wouldn't one of the things you'd want to be a learned behavior is don't blow that call dead unless you are absolutely 100% sure? Seriously, more times than not that is a fumble anyway.

- IMO, that was a crap call and the decision feels like it was to back his boy who screwed up instead of getting it right on the field.

-- That has the same effect as an inadvertent whistle

--- so how the heck are you guys doing? good?
Post #: 412
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 5:56:01 PM   
ronhextall

Sure looked like Jerry Burns in Cowboys owners box. Probably wasn’t.
Post #: 413
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 6:57:08 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

It's pretty sad when Jason Garrett is a better coach than our guy. Not saying hes good by any means.
Post #: 414
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 6:59:15 PM   
marty

It was the pickup of Amari that changed the Cowboys' season, the Vikings should have picked him up to replace Treadwell.

< Message edited by marty -- 12/9/2018 9:55:38 PM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 415
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 7:03:19 PM   
marty

If one team scored a FG in overtime, the other team has a chance to match the FG, or win with a TD.

Can the 1st team run the clock all the way down to a few seconds, then kick a FG to win in overtime, or would the 2nd team still be given a possession?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 416
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 7:07:38 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

If one team scored a FG in overtime, the other team has a chance to match the FG, or win with a TD.

Can the 1st team run the clock all the way down to a few seconds, then kick a FG to win in overtime, or would the 2nd team still be given a possession?

Joe Buck said if Dallas was able to do that they would win.
Post #: 417
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 7:16:43 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

It was the pickup of Murray that changed the Cowboys' season, the Vikings should have picked him up to replace Treadwell.

Murray is so good that the Cowboys' website doesn't even list him on their roster. They're probably trying to make sure nobody tries to pick him up in FA!
Post #: 418
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 7:18:34 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Considering it's a tie if nobody scores this seems like a silly question.
Post #: 419
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 8:07:08 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

It's pretty sad when Jason Garrett is a better coach than our guy. Not saying hes good by any means.

That was probably Jerry Jones. looks like he is wearing a mask for a face from all the botox or something.

Post #: 420
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 8:08:01 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

It was the pickup of Murray that changed the Cowboys' season, the Vikings should have picked him up to replace Treadwell.

You must mean Amari Cooper?

Post #: 421
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 8:10:01 PM   
Bill Jandro

We got some help today. Most teams in the hunt lost.

Post #: 422
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 8:10:44 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Murray is so good that the Cowboys' website doesn't even list him on their roster. They're probably trying to make sure nobody tries to pick him up in FA!

Good one!

Post #: 423
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 8:36:11 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

quote:

I normally think it's just our emotions when we bitch about the lack of calls against the Puke in Lameland. When you watch a game as a neutral it really is appalling.

Erin runs and get his ass handed to him, legally. Olineman comes to his little rescue and takes the DB 20 yards downfield after the whistle. Refs are right there in the middle of the scrum. They don't throw the flags until Atlanta gets in the mix to help the DB out. It's now somehow 'offsetting'.

I'm not watching (power was out due to snow/ice) and checked out that game's boxscore and was wondering how the score was so lopsided after looking at the player stats. I checked out the team stats and found out the penalties were: ATL 8-66 & GB 1-7 plus SIX (is this a record?) 1st downs due to penalty for GB.

Seems like early, the flags came whenever the Pukers needed them. Seems weird considering the Puke should be playing for draft position at this point. Didn't pay much attention to the second half.
Post #: 424
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/9/2018 9:40:41 PM   
David F.

Win or lose the bears came out with an innovative game plan tonight. My hat is off to Nagy.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode