Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 4:50:56 PM   
Steve Lentz

Our ultimate season success always comes back to the Ol and of course the Buffalo Bills.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 5:26:58 PM   
marty

This interview with Cook, gives me the feeling the Vikings have a chance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRi6jsIPDn4&feature=share

It sounds like the importance of a fast start, someone might be trying to get that through to Kirk.

I can see the Vikes having the lead in the 3rd quarter, but Wilson is one of the best at playing from behind. The Vikes will need to get turnovers, and as long as they limit Wilson's running, the key will really be the 2ndary getting turnovers in the 4th quarter.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 5:27:13 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Ben Leber @nacholeber
Tonight will be an interesting conflict for Flip...he’s being asked to run more but this Seattle Secondary has issues tackling and in coverage. I would hope early runs open up pass game in 2nd half. #Vikings #Seahawks #playoffatmosphere

* getting burned out on hearing this over and over
- be nice if we could run, though ... succesfully
-- "What do you mean, RJ, Cook ran for 9 yds per last game

I'm getting burned out hearing ANY of the speculation on our strategy/gameplanning. It's never as simple as 'run more' or 'set up the pass'. Each game should have it's own game plan designed upon how to exploit their weaknesses with our strengths. That goes for offense, defense, and special teams.

Does our opponent struggle vs the pass? What type of passes? Which players - SPECIFICALLY - can be exploited? Also - let's assume that the opponent ALSO knows their weaknesses and will be preparing to best hide/minimize it. Can we think a step or two ahead and guess what they might do and then look for that on the field and be prepared for some possible scenarios we might see?

What are our strengths? Let's assume the opponent can also identify them. What would they be most likely to do to minimize them?

These are the types of questions I see coaches like Belichick, McVeigh, and now Nagy asking themselves during the week and properly preparing based on their evaluations.

Our guy says things like 'run more', 'I'm over-coaching the defense', and 'the toughest team will win'. I get the feeling that if born earlier Zimmer would have opted to not use the forward pass when that became a thing.

It's like people saying that we need to draft X position in two of the first three rounds or for sure number one when the players available may not remotely warrant it. (Not talking about someone "graded" early second taken late first, etc.) It looks like in the coming offseason, we need to spend significant money on OGs because we need starters and the draft might not even yield players who will be good in year two.
Post #: 453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 5:31:03 PM   
bohumm

Really want to see us go no-huddle for a big chunk of the first half and use a lot of play-action early, as Seattle may sit on the run a bit given Zimmer's public fetish and Seattle's so-so secondary. One of our first passes should be a deep shot, which means Robinson over Treadwell----even if we're running the ball a good bit.
Post #: 454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 5:37:36 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I am very surprised bettors are favoring Minnesota.

That line smells, maybe the wise guys know something. That is probably the best news I have heard about the game. When a betting line stinks some say you run with it. Vikings will win.

The Vikings are hard for people to figure out this year.

I've had 3 bookies call/text me in the past week asking what's up with my team and why don't they have more wins.
Post #: 455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 5:46:58 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

That line smells, maybe the wise guys know something. That is probably the best news I have heard about the game. When a betting line stinks some say you run with it. Vikings will win.

I've had 3 bookies call/text me in the past week asking what's up with my team and why don't they have more wins.

I don't gamble on sports, but if I did, this year's Vikings would be off my board, along with the Steelers, Rockets, Dodgers, etc. Underachieving teams can still sporadically 'achieve.'
Post #: 456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 5:48:24 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't gamble on sports, but if I did, this year's Vikings would be off my board, along with the Steelers, Rockets, Dodgers, etc. Underachieving teams can still sporadically 'achieve.'

Me too. Especially glad this year, its absolutely nuts week-to-week.
Post #: 457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 5:54:13 PM   
Dana Turner

To win, the Vikings need to play a complete game. Since we have only seen that once this year, it's hard to gather up excitement for the game. I want the Vikings to win in the worst way, but the feeling of "let down" that has gathered over this season, makes it hard to muster up that energy. I hope that the coaching staff has put together a solid game plan, they have the players to beat Seattle, no question, do we have a coaching staff that is more than just bravado, we will see.
Post #: 458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 5:57:40 PM   
marty

Actually, money could have been made this year picking upsets, as long as you were good at finding the right ones, plenty to choose from.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 5:59:05 PM   
marty

I would like to see a game where Diggs has a Jerry Rice type game, where he is getting the ball and can't be stopped.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 6:44:06 PM   
Viking Rich

quote:

I would like to see a game where Diggs has a Jerry Rice type game, where he is getting the ball and can't be stopped.

I watched the Houston/Indianapolis game yesterday, and what you said reminded me of T.Y. Hilton with 9 catches for 199 yards. He was absolutely dominant.

I would love to see Diggs (or Thielen) have a game like that!

Sam Darnold's Gonna Shock Us All
Post #: 461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 7:08:00 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Ben Leber @nacholeber
Tonight will be an interesting conflict for Flip...he’s being asked to run more but this Seattle Secondary has issues tackling and in coverage. I would hope early runs open up pass game in 2nd half. #Vikings #Seahawks #playoffatmosphere

* getting burned out on hearing this over and over
- be nice if we could run, though ... succesfully
-- "What do you mean, RJ, Cook ran for 9 yds per last game

I'm getting burned out hearing ANY of the speculation on our strategy/gameplanning. It's never as simple as 'run more' or 'set up the pass'. Each game should have it's own game plan designed upon how to exploit their weaknesses with our strengths. That goes for offense, defense, and special teams.

Does our opponent struggle vs the pass? What type of passes? Which players - SPECIFICALLY - can be exploited? Also - let's assume that the opponent ALSO knows their weaknesses and will be preparing to best hide/minimize it. Can we think a step or two ahead and guess what they might do and then look for that on the field and be prepared for some possible scenarios we might see?

What are our strengths? Let's assume the opponent can also identify them. What would they be most likely to do to minimize them?

These are the types of questions I see coaches like Belichick, McVeigh, and now Nagy asking themselves during the week and properly preparing based on their evaluations.

Our guy says things like 'run more', 'I'm over-coaching the defense', and 'the toughest team will win'. I get the feeling that if born earlier Zimmer would have opted to not use the forward pass when that became a thing.

It's like people saying that we need to draft X position in two of the first three rounds or for sure number one when the players available may not remotely warrant it. (Not talking about someone "graded" early second taken late first, etc.) It looks like in the coming offseason, we need to spend significant money on OGs because we need starters and the draft might not even yield players who will be good in year two.

Just watched James Daniels play last night and he looked pretty darn good.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 7:11:19 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Actually, money could have been made this year picking upsets, as long as you were good at finding the right ones, plenty to choose from.

Well, sure...

I mean you can make a ton of money every year if you pick the right games...
Post #: 463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 10:03:46 PM   
Ricky J

Justin Gaard @jgkfan
Ask yourself this: What OC would want to come here knowing you're potentially gonna get trashed?

Justin Gaard @jgkfan
The move tomorrow regarding DeFlippo isn't to fire him. It's to apologize and let him run the offense they way he wants.

I agree with both

- never imagined myself turning on Zimmer like this but I have
Post #: 464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 10:07:16 PM   
kevinemmer

We are toast.
Post #: 465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 10:08:41 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Justin Gaard @jgkfan
Ask yourself this: What OC would want to come here knowing you're potentially gonna get trashed?

Justin Gaard @jgkfan
The move tomorrow regarding DeFlippo isn't to fire him. It's to apologize and let him run the offense they way he wants.

I agree with both

Agree with all 3 of you.
Post #: 466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 10:13:47 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

I agree with both

Agree with all 3 of you.

Unanimous.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 10:18:41 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

I agree with both

Agree with all 3 of you.

Unanimous.

Bare minimum Zimmer needs to shut his mouth about anything offense. I personally think hes trash and we need to move on but he needs to at least get out of the way.
Post #: 468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 10:29:26 PM   
Viking Rich

quote:

quote:

quote:

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

I agree with both

Agree with all 3 of you.

Unanimous.

I'm on board.

Sam Darnold's Gonna Shock Us All
Post #: 469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 10:44:07 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dana Turner

To win, the Vikings need to play a complete game. Since we have only seen that once this year, it's hard to gather up excitement for the game. I want the Vikings to win in the worst way, but the feeling of "let down" that has gathered over this season, makes it hard to muster up that energy. I hope that the coaching staff has put together a solid game plan, they have the players to beat Seattle, no question, do we have a coaching staff that is more than just bravado, we will see.

A complete game of shit by the offense.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 10:47:57 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

I agree with both

Agree with all 3 of you.

Unanimous.

Bare minimum Zimmer needs to shut his mouth about anything offense. I personally think hes trash and we need to move on but he needs to at least get out of the way.

At this point what's there to lose? Offense was putting up points early in the season (sans Bills game). The game I point to is the Bears. Probably the best defense in the NFL and we didn't do well offensively (like a lot of teams). From there, Zimmer has gotten more and more involved. And our offense has looked more and more like s***.

If you don't know who the fish is at the table in the first 30 min, you're it.

Post #: 471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 10:50:14 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

I agree with both

Just wondering how DeFlip wants to run it?

Fire the whole staff. Send Speilman packing.

And fire the head official who picked up leverage flag. Totally looked like Marty has something with this sway thing. Could that have been challenged?
Post #: 472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 10:50:52 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

I agree with both

And fire the head official who picked up leverage flag. Totally looked like Marty has something with this sway thing. Could that have been challenged?

Penalties are not "challangable"

Post #: 473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 10:54:04 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

I agree with both

I've seen where a QB pass was challenged if it was tipped or not. And then the PI call was changed.
Post #: 474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/10/2018 10:58:22 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

Justin Gaard @jgkfan

I agree with both

I've seen where a QB pass was challenged if it was tipped or not. And then the PI call was changed.

"Leverage" is oddly considered a judgement call.

So its like PI, a personal foul or Holding. It can't be challenged like a "black and white" penalty.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 12/10/2018 10:59:35 PM >
Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode