Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  178 179 [180] 181 182   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 10:12:34 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Who is CV Boot? He makes good points.

He/she is someone who isn’t very good at looking up stats and/or is dishonest. Rudy has never even come close to averaging 12 yards per reception at any point in his career.

Whatever. I had to read the post again to figure out what the hell you were talking about. I noticed the same 12 yard average on 50 for 600, but it's obvious he just threw out 50 receptions as a minimum expectation. Talk about twisting things and being DISHONEST DF. A lie is the intent to decieve and it certainly looks like your intent was to deceive. Your post makes me angry. I expect better from you.

David said AND/OR is dishonest. He left open the very real possibility that the individual is completely honest and just bad at looking stats. He implied multiple possibilities. You then inferred the worst of David from it. He's the one who should be angry, not you.

Show me one stat the OP posted that was wrong. The 50-600 was just a hypothetical. DF tried to twist the OP's words to discredit him in an attempt to win the RUDY war. I'm calling him out for it. CV Boot doesn't even post here and DF's attack on his character is completely wrong and uncalled for. Nobody at Daily Norseman had a problem with either his research or integrity.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/18/2019 10:25:59 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4476
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 10:53:10 AM   
Pager

DF - I'm with you, thought CVboot exaggerated stats/info for affect. Kept calling Rudy's contract 7M. It's 7.65M. Idk about you, but it defies my time in 2nd grade math class.

I really don't understand the post. Other TE's have less friendly team contracts so we should be grateful and keep Kyle?? It's also not a zero-sum game. Kyle's production does not have to be replaced by one player. Nor does it have to be replaced by only pass production. If Smith is a better blocker (I haven't seen anyone argue that kyle is not a below average blocker), we become more effective at running the ball, ball control, which helps the entire team. Finally, Smith stretches the defense and improves the other areas of the passing game, how do you quantify that?

The question is not: "Is Kyle worth 7.65M?" IMO the question is: What is the combination of contracts and players that give maximum opportunity to win a Superbowl. Is our goal this year? Or do we worry about future years?

< Message edited by Pager -- 5/18/2019 11:01:52 AM >

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 4477
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:01:23 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

DF - I'm with you, thought CVboot exaggerated stats/info for affect. Kept calling Rudy's contract 7M. It's 7.65M. Idk about you, but it defies my time in 2nd grade math class.

I really don't understand the post. Other TE's have less friendly team contracts so we should be grateful and keep Kyle??

The question is not: "Is Kyle worth 7.65M?" IMO the question is: What is the combination of contracts and players that give maximum opportunity to win a Superbowl. Is our goal this year? Or do we worry about future years?

Pager you make a good point but DF didn't. In defense of the OP on the 7 million thing is IIRC his base salary this year is 7.25 million and that would be somewhat reasonable to round down to 7, but better if he didn't. You found a flaw DF fabricated one.
EDIT: LMAO. I just looked it up and you and I were both wrong Pager. Rudy's base salary is $7.275 not 7.25 and total compensation for this season is $7.625 not 7.65. Close enough an honest mistake.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/18/2019 11:10:13 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4478
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:09:00 AM   
Pager

We have different definitions of reasonable. His cap hit is 7.65. If he's on the roster, he will earn 7.65. I have not seen any article anywhere use only his base salary when discussing his contract.

I still don't see the value in the post. Could you explain it to me KG?

EDIT: It is 7.625. Means nothing to the argument.

< Message edited by Pager -- 5/18/2019 11:10:29 AM >

Post #: 4479
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:16:53 AM   
thebigo

I'm not going to say it's disingenuous to discredit this guy based on his statement "50 catches for 600 yards". True Rudolf has never averaged 12 YPC in any season, but over the last 4 seasons he has averaged 63 catches for 625 yards. So if anything the guy actually understated what Rudolph is likely to do in 2019, IF we are basing it on his recent seasons. Yeah yeah I know, a year older, overdue for an injury, Smith will eat into those numbers... yac yac yac
Post #: 4480
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:18:10 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

We have different definitions of reasonable. His cap hit is 7.65. If he's on the roster, he will earn 7.65. I have not seen any article anywhere use only his base salary when discussing his contract.

The value is to show how Rudy is fairly compensated according to the market and possibly a bargain. It seems that on Talk Vikes familiarity is breeding contempt as we don't appreciate him IMO like we should.

The $7.625 just shows that you were wrong like 7.275 shows I was wrong. I'm sure both of us had good intentions. In general we should give people the benefit of the doubt. I feel DF's post was in bad faith using a cheap trick to try to win rather than honest discussion.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4481
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:25:00 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

I'm not going to say it's disingenuous to discredit this guy based on his statement "50 catches for 600 yards". True Rudolf has never averaged 12 YPC in any season, but over the last 4 seasons he has averaged 63 catches for 625 yards. So if anything the guy actually understated what Rudolph is likely to do in 2019, IF we are basing it on his recent seasons. Yeah yeah I know, a year older, overdue for an injury, Smith will eat into those numbers... yac yac yac

Good straightforward unbiased summay, imo

There’s always good and bad with Rudolph.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 5/18/2019 11:28:52 AM >
Post #: 4482
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:29:36 AM   
Jason Dorn

Keeping Rudolph makes the team better this season. I love the Smith pick but you never know with rookies. Hoping Smith emerges but at the very least gets his feet wet at the NFL level. Nobody can argue Rudolph is a field stretcher. I would argue he is much better then Morgan who has had three years to unseat him. Like him or not Rudy has put up good numbers with 4 different QBs. Not great. If Smith is great we will know soon enough. If Smith is great that will elevate Rudy.

You cannot teach size or hands both of which Rudolph has. If Smith can drive those LB/S away from the middle it should open that area of the field for all. Rudolph will not do this nor will Treadwell who opponents cover with a quick LB plus wont be catching anything outside of a pass on target. A running game to force the safeties up and the LBs to respect the run goes a long ways towards helping AT/Diggs with opportunities down field.

The offense needs more weapons in the pass game when they double Diggs/ Thielen. The offense must run the ball efficiently. We all should be excited about the rookies but they still are rookies and its a big step into the NFL. Kline/Reiff need to get back to who they were. Elf has to fulfill the promise of the rookie season. ONeill has to build on last season. I, like all, have Bradbury pegged for the HOF and Samia an instant starter. If Bradbury can start and Samia is a super sub that is still a good draft. Vikes also have a few other free agent signings that might make a difference along the OL.

Rudy is valuable and a good TE. Hopefully Smith emerges and can do the things Kelce does- who was drafted in the 3rd round. Lucky to have both on the team.

Rudy does have shortcomings but so do most players. Hope he sticks around but business is business and getting some return with a 4th rounder or up is a positive. Having him stay, converting third downs and scoring TDs is better.

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 4483
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:31:55 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Good summary as well. To me 63-625 is more impressive than 50-600. I prefer the 13 additional catches at 9.9 YPR compared to less at 12.
I still believe DF acted in bad faith.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4484
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:33:42 AM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

The value is to show how Rudy is fairly compensated according to the market and possibly a bargain. It seems that on Talk Vikes familiarity is breeding contempt as we don't appreciate him IMO like we should.

The $7.625 just shows that you were wrong like 7.275 shows I was wrong. I'm sure both of us had good intentions. In general we should give people the benefit of the doubt. I feel DF's post was in bad faith using a cheap trick to try to win rather than honest discussion.

Many have made similar arguments. He added dead money/team friendly to it. If anything it shows how difficult it would be for many of the teams to move on this year. Actually decreasing Kyle's market.

I see it differently. I agree with DF. My impression of the post was similar, I felt like there was an agenda. Evidenced by 7M, 50 for 600 are just a couple examples.

Post #: 4485
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:35:03 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Dorn

Keeping Rudolph makes the team better this season. I love the Smith pick but you never know with rookies. Hoping Smith emerges but at the very least gets his feet wet at the NFL level. Nobody can argue Rudolph is a field stretcher. I would argue he is much better then Morgan who has had three years to unseat him. Like him or not Rudy has put up good numbers with 4 different QBs. Not great. If Smith is great we will know soon enough. If Smith is great that will elevate Rudy.

You cannot teach size or hands both of which Rudolph has. If Smith can drive those LB/S away from the middle it should open that area of the field for all. Rudolph will not do this nor will Treadwell who opponents cover with a quick LB plus wont be catching anything outside of a pass on target. A running game to force the safeties up and the LBs to respect the run goes a long ways towards helping AT/Diggs with opportunities down field.

The offense needs more weapons in the pass game when they double Diggs/ Thielen. The offense must run the ball efficiently. We all should be excited about the rookies but they still are rookies and its a big step into the NFL. Kline/Reiff need to get back to who they were. Elf has to fulfill the promise of the rookie season. ONeill has to build on last season. I, like all, have Bradbury pegged for the HOF and Samia an instant starter. If Bradbury can start and Samia is a super sub that is still a good draft. Vikes also have a few other free agent signings that might make a difference along the OL.

Rudy is valuable and a good TE. Hopefully Smith emerges and can do the things Kelce does- who was drafted in the 3rd round. Lucky to have both on the team.

Rudy does have shortcomings but so do most players. Hope he sticks around but business is business and getting some return with a 4th rounder or up is a positive. Having him stay, converting third downs and scoring TDs is better.

You're preaching to the choir with me.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4486
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:36:30 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He/she is someone who isn’t very good at looking up stats and/or is dishonest. Rudy has never even come close to averaging 12 yards per reception at any point in his career.

Whatever. I had to read the post again to figure out what the hell you were talking about. I noticed the same 12 yard average on 50 for 600, but it's obvious he just threw out 50 receptions as a minimum expectation. Talk about twisting things and being DISHONEST DF. A lie is the intent to decieve and it certainly looks like your intent was to deceive. Your post makes me angry. I expect better from you.

David said AND/OR is dishonest. He left open the very real possibility that the individual is completely honest and just bad at looking stats. He implied multiple possibilities. You then inferred the worst of David from it. He's the one who should be angry, not you.

Show me one stat the OP posted that was wrong. The 50-600 was just a hypothetical. DF tried to twist the OP's words to discredit him in an attempt to win the RUDY war. I'm calling him out for it. CV Boot doesn't even post here and DF's attack on his character is completely wrong and uncalled for. Nobody at Daily Norseman had a problem with either his research or integrity.

David didn't twist anything or attack anyone's character, but you just attacked his for a second time.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 4487
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:42:18 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Many have made similar arguments. He added dead money/team friendly to it. If anything it shows how difficult it would be for many of the teams to move on this year. Actually decreasing Kyle's market.

I see it differently. I agree with DF. My impression of the post was similar, I felt like there was an agenda. Evidenced by 7M, 50 for 600 are just a couple examples.

DF didn't even say anything about 50-600 which were not looked up. They were just hypothetical numbers presented that actually diminished what Rudy has been doing. The OP never said anything about Rudy getting 12 YPR. DF fabricated that. You have been fair. I don't get you supporting DF's BS but you like him better than me so I think that explains it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4488
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:46:05 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

David didn't twist anything or attack anyone's character, but you just attacked his for a second time.

Absolutely I attacked his character. He deserves it in this case. Absolutely DF attacked the OP's character either by calling him sloppy or dishonest. Neither was true based on the 12 YPR that the OP never stated. Pager pointed out how the OP did fudge his numbers rounding down on Rudy's contract. It wasn't needed as his arguments stand up just fine using the real numbers of 7.625.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/18/2019 11:49:24 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4489
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:52:49 AM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

DF didn't even say anything about 50-600 which were not looked up. They were just hypothetical numbers presented that actually diminished what Rudy has been doing. The OP never said anything about Rudy getting 12 YPR. DF fabricated that. You have been fair. I don't get you supporting DF's BS but you like him better than me so I think that explains it.

Just wow. How does doing math on 50-600 equal fabrication? FWIW, I'd rather have the higher YPC,

You are separating the two when I think they should be used collectively to provide context.

Oh for simpler times when all we did was argue about the offensive line.

< Message edited by Pager -- 5/18/2019 11:54:24 AM >

Post #: 4490
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 11:54:05 AM   
Bill Jandro

I think if we are going to run 2 TE's in the base offense we best keep 4 on the 53

TE's seem to get hurt a lot. Esp early in their career. Morgan has missed plenty of games as did Rudy early in his career. not saying Smith or Conklin are destined to get hurt but you can't deny the facts.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4491
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 12:03:21 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good summary as well. To me 63-625 is more impressive than 50-600. I prefer the 13 additional catches at 9.9 YPR compared to less at 12.

Those 13 additional catches net 25 yards. I don't see that as understated. Would you rather have a RB that has a proportionately higher YPC, even with fewer carries? I would.

Post #: 4492
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 12:04:10 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just wow. How does doing math on 50-600 equal fabrication? FWIW, I'd rather have the higher YPC,

You are separating the two when I think they should be used collectively to provide context.

Oh for simpler times when all we did was argue about the offensive line.

Because the OP never said those were numbers that Rudy ever put up. DF FABRICATED that the OP CLAIMED Rudy got 12 YPR. DF was creating a straw man.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4493
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 12:06:31 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Those 13 additional catches net 25 yards. I don't see that as understated. Would you rather have a RB that has a proportionately higher YPC, even with fewer carries? I would.

13 more catches at 10 rounded per catch is going to create about 7 more first downs. 63-625 is superior to 50-600.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4494
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 12:08:09 PM   
Bill Jandro

600/50 = 12

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4495
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 12:09:44 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I think if we are going to run 2 TE's in the base offense we best keep 4 on the 53

TE's seem to get hurt a lot. Esp early in their career. Morgan has missed plenty of games as did Rudy early in his career. not saying Smith or Conklin are destined to get hurt but you can't deny the facts.

That's good logic. Keep one less of our crap WRs one more TE.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4496
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 12:11:14 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

600/50 = 12

OP never said that Rudy ever put up those numbers.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4497
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 12:12:02 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

13 more catches at 10 rounded per catch is going to create about 7 more first downs. 63-625 is superior to 50-600.

Seriously?

Those 13 catches don't produce 10 more yards per catch.

If they did, it would equal 63 for 730. It actually decreases the chances at picking up additional first downs.

< Message edited by Pager -- 5/18/2019 12:18:20 PM >

Post #: 4498
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 12:13:56 PM   
kgdabom

OK done discussing DF's trickery, cheap shotting or totally valid criticism. I felt he acted in very bad faith.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4499
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2019 12:15:46 PM   
Jason Dorn

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Dorn

You're preaching to the choir with me.

No preaching. Just believe Rudy is better than what a few poster's here think- but if he leaves that opens the door for Morgan or Conklin to step up and frankly leaving is on him at this point. Just a difference of opinion that is all. Honestly why is there a need for division among Viking Fans? We all want the same thing does it matter how we get there? Disagreeing is one thing and having met David F assure the guy is all about the Vikings winning the Super Bowl. Honestly as passionate of a fan as you will find.

KG not everyone is gonna agree with everything, which am sure you are aware of, but frankly you seem to keep argument's going- You will not convince David Rudy is valuable nor will he convince you Rudy is a scrub. Some here want Zimmer out- I think that is foolish but its about winning the Super Bowl. It upsets me when folks call for his head but what is the point of arguing about something when divided by a wide margin. At the end of the day, if honest, the team was disappointing last season. Am sure nobody is pulling for Coach Zimmer to fall short but rather expect him to lead us to that elusive Super Bowl title - which is exactly what ought be expected from a team this talented with personnel and coaching. That is a good thing better than 3-13 or 5-10-1 with a rebuild.

That is the one thing all of us fans agree upon - Win the Super Bowl. Division Championships, done that, Conference championships done that, Lose the Super Bowl Oh have the Vikings done that. So if there is anything I am preaching ... IT's WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

Last year was disappointing as it looked like a team that was progressing in that direction and it just fizzled. I wish I could state with certainty the Vikings are going to the playoffs- we just can only believe - for most seeing is believing.

WIN THE SUPER BOWL! None of us are getting any younger and it is simple ... all of us are one united with that goal even if we don't agree about the direction.

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 4500
Page:   <<   < prev  178 179 [180] 181 182   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  178 179 [180] 181 182   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode