Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  234 235 [236] 237 238   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/30/2019 3:55:22 AM   
Bruce Johnson

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/7/29/20746310/minnesota-vikings-training-camp-july-29-day-4-recap

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5876
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/30/2019 6:25:16 AM   
Bruce Johnson

https://thevikingage.com/2019/07/28/5-surprise-could-make-2019-minnesota-vikings/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5877
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/30/2019 6:46:40 PM   
joejitsu

I would like to see Downs have a good camp and make the team. He could be a good inside backer for us, and I think he is more athletic than our alternatives there.
Post #: 5878
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/30/2019 8:58:35 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

I would like to see Downs have a good camp and make the team. He could be a good inside backer for us, and I think he is more athletic than our alternatives there.

More athletic than Wilson?

Edit: Actually Wilson is more of an OLB.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 7/30/2019 9:04:34 PM >

Post #: 5879
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 6:23:03 AM   
Bruce Johnson

https://thevikingage.com/2019/07/31/6-takeaways-first-portion-minnesota-vikings-camp/

Post #: 5880
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 3:37:45 PM   
kgdabom

Trent Williams being traded.

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports the Redskins are "having trade discussions" regarding holdout LT Trent Williams.

Howe notes the Patriots are expected to be in the mix if Williams is made available. Williams has stated he will not play again for the Redskins, so Washington may now be willing to deal the 31-year-old after signing OT Donald Penn. Health has always been Williams' biggest obstacle, but when on the field he's truly an elite left tackle. There would be plenty of suitors. Williams is under contract the next two seasons at base salaries of $11 million and $12.5 million.

Related: New England Patriots

Source: Jeff Howe on Twitter

Jul 31, 2019, 12:53 PM ET

I think the Vikings are a perfect fit to trade for him. They can send Reiff to replace him along with Treadwell for Salary match and perhaps a 2nd round pick.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5881
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 3:48:21 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

The Athletic's Jeff Howe reports the Redskins are "having trade discussions" regarding holdout LT Trent Williams.

Howe notes the Patriots are expected to be in the mix if Williams is made available. Williams has stated he will not play again for the Redskins, so Washington may now be willing to deal the 31-year-old after signing OT Donald Penn. Health has always been Williams' biggest obstacle, but when on the field he's truly an elite left tackle. There would be plenty of suitors. Williams is under contract the next two seasons at base salaries of $11 million and $12.5 million.

I think the Vikings are a perfect fit to trade for him. They can send Reiff to replace him along with Treadwell for Salary match and perhaps a 2nd round pick.

Deal!!!

I would do it.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5882
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 4:34:22 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Deal!!!

I would do it.

Does there acquisition of Penn eliminate any desire for Reiff? Right now they have Williams and Penn. They make the trade they have Reiff and Penn.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5883
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 4:42:12 PM   
Bill Jandro

Williams is extremely good but the guy hasn't played 16 games in a season since 2013.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5884
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 4:50:03 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Williams is extremely good but the guy hasn't played 16 games in a season since 2013.

I'll take him for 13 games over a lesser player for 16.

(Plus we have Eric Sugarman and they don't)

< Message edited by David Levine -- 7/31/2019 4:51:04 PM >
Post #: 5885
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 5:20:41 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

We need a guy capable of playing 19 games.

Post #: 5886
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 5:23:24 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Deal!!!

I would do it.

Does there acquisition of Penn eliminate any desire for Reiff? Right now they have Williams and Penn. They make the trade they have Reiff and Penn.

Penn was brought in as a back up due to the loss of Neshke and Williams constantly in the hot tub. But he won't have any trouble beating out Flowers.

Post #: 5887
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 5:55:24 PM   
Bruce Johnson

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2019/07/day-5-training-camp-notebook-vikings.html

Post #: 5888
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 6:24:37 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2019/07/day-5-training-camp-notebook-vikings.html

The most significant thing about that read to me was the shine is coming off the Jordan Taylor Apple. Can't get separation. Hopefully he's not a pet of Kubiak and they give other WRs fair chance.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5889
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 6:46:24 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

The most significant thing about that read to me was the shine is coming off the Jordan Taylor Apple. Can't get separation. Hopefully he's not a pet of Kubiak and they give other WRs fair chance.

Yep, same for me...

Treadwell can't separate either... and you can't fix that.

A journeyman like Aldrick Robinson came in and immediately contributed... that tells you how bad we need another receiving option.
Post #: 5890
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 8:07:57 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Nice. "and may you Jordan Taylor wake up to a carbuncle festering on your big toe ... and may you Bisi Johnson ..."

All just to be right (lucky as hell) about Mitchell.
Post #: 5891
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 8:14:56 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Nice. "and may you Jordan Taylor wake up to a carbuncle festering on your big toe ... and may you Bisi Johnson ..."

I don't even know what a carbuncle is, but I suppose it's unpleasant. I hope they are all great, but yes I would particularly like to see Mitchell be great. I do like being right. Not looking good on my prediction so far, but it's early.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5892
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 9:40:26 PM   
Murph

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

I don't even know what a carbuncle is, but I suppose it's unpleasant. I hope they are all great, but yes I would particularly like to see Mitchell be great. I do like being right. Not looking good on my prediction so far, but it's early.

I really like Mitchell too, saw him a fair amount in college but not making any predictions outside of him making the final 53.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 5893
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/31/2019 10:31:01 PM   
marty

We need a guy capable of playing 19 games

Or maybe even 20.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5894
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/1/2019 1:21:37 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

Is he a good fit for our blocking scheme? Just asking. I don't have an opinion about him or your proposed trade.

Post #: 5895
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/1/2019 1:24:21 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm getting kind of bored with practice reports and want to see real games.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/7/31/20749637/minnesota-vikings-training-camp-july-31-day-5-recap

Post #: 5896
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/1/2019 1:31:22 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Conklin looks good here.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1156652689490632707

Post #: 5897
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/1/2019 1:39:26 AM   
Bruce Johnson

For a little humor, have you seen this one?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1156621228653928448

Post #: 5898
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/1/2019 6:35:19 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is he a good fit for our blocking scheme? Just asking. I don't have an opinion about him or your proposed trade.

Williams is very athletic (more so than Reiff by a long shot) so I would guess he would certainly fit the mold of the type of lineman we seem to be converting too.

Not sure what blocking scheme the Skins run though so he may not have any experience in ours. But he sure can block and handle the speed rush.

Post #: 5899
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/1/2019 11:49:30 AM   
jbusse

quote:

Conklin looks good here.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1156652689490632707

He beats Ben Gedeon. Not a high hurdle. Like Ade Aruna beating Storm Norton.
Post #: 5900
Page:   <<   < prev  234 235 [236] 237 238   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  234 235 [236] 237 238   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode